PDA

View Full Version : Question about multiplayer in FOF

Maestro
02-14-2005, 11:43 AM
Is it possible create a multiplayer game with my friends via IP connection? If yes how?

Passacaglia
02-14-2005, 12:18 PM
You don't really need an IP connection -- essentially, everything is done over e-mail.

Maestro
02-14-2005, 12:34 PM
If I understand you correctly, one player plays the game and simulate and then sends the stats via mail?
In my opinion it would bee a lot easier and more fun if you could connect to your friends via IP like in Football Manager 2005/World Wide Soccer Manager

sachmo71
02-14-2005, 04:19 PM
If I understand you correctly, one player plays the game and simulate and then sends the stats via mail?
In my opinion it would bee a lot easier and more fun if you could connect to your friends via IP like in Football Manager 2005/World Wide Soccer Manager
Sort of, but probably not the way you are thinking.
Each team GM sets their gameplan and roster before each game and sends the export file to the league commissioner.
The commish imports all of these files and then simulates the game for that week. He then can send out the results of the games and a league file that each team can load up locally and control their rosters and gameplans.

There is no way to "coach" games live via direct connection. I doubt there ever will be, if that's the sort of thing you are looking for.

Maestro
02-14-2005, 04:37 PM
There is no way to "coach" games live via direct connection. I doubt there ever will be, if that's the sort of thing you are looking for.

Ok :(