PDA

View Full Version : FOFLIVE is now accepting appilcations.

WrongWay
04-02-2005, 11:40 AM
Welcome to FOFLIVE.COM, A live action league for FOF2004

April 1st What better day to start a league for football fools than April 1st.

Trying to get more FOF in my life, I have finally decided to break down and start a league that would give me all the FOF in my life that I can handle. While most other leagues sim only 3 or 4 times per week, this league will sim an incredible 28 times per week. To accomplish this task, every owner in this league will be a Commissioner. The league will be comprised of 28 stage file Commissioners and 4 general Commissioners. In other words, every owner in this league has a job assignment. Because of the pace of the league and the responsibilties that will come with owning a team in this league I will ask all "Newbe" to definately think twice before commiting yourself to this league. Not only will you be responsible for handling your own team, but once a week you be in charge of the entire league's stage file. Please, think twice before you commit yourself to the FOFLIVE community.

I am still trying to get the finishes touches on this league's web site as I type this. Please register with the forums to sign up for this league or just to a comment on it.

http://foflive.com/

Joe
04-02-2005, 11:54 AM
it's April 2nd

WrongWay
04-15-2005, 06:02 AM
Wow, I guess April 1st was not the best day to try and start a new FOF league. I'll take another shot at this now 2-weeks later.

Somewhere out there there has got to be 31 other Football idiots like myself that eat, drink, and sleep football 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. This league is made for those people who can never have enough football in their lives. Hopefully as football season grows closer the league will start filling up.

Any ideas on this league post them here or at the league message board.

Thanks

[email protected]

wade moore
04-15-2005, 06:44 AM
Ummm...

Some of us have lives... ;)

stevew
04-15-2005, 09:51 AM
I thought you wasted all that time on an elaborate practical joke

WrongWay
04-15-2005, 09:53 AM
I thought you wasted all that time on an elaborate practical jokeI am Thinking/Hoping most people thought this was an April fools joke and just passed it on by the first time they viewed it.

Yes, fingers crossed, this will one day be a real "Live" FOF league.

If you are tired of seeing this at the bottom of your league's board; FOFLIVE could be the league for you.
Users Online
0 Guests, 1 Member

Joe
04-15-2005, 11:53 AM
wait... so it is a joke? or isn't it?

WrongWay
04-15-2005, 12:13 PM
wait... so it is a joke? or isn't it?Now you are just making fun of me. :)

Yes, this is a REAL, Proposed and right now empty league. I hope to have most of the info pages up by the end of the weekend. Then I can sit back and wait for the emails not to come in. :D

My personal team email.
[email protected]

gottimd
04-15-2005, 12:43 PM
I admit, I'm an idiot and thought it was real and wondered how in the hell people will have time to sim 4 times a day???

Then I was told it was an April Fools joke, but it turns out you are now saying it is real?

So basically you will run through a season in 4-6 days? Thats insanity. So potentially if you get up to piss or shit, you will miss a few games of the season? How does one gameplan when you will be simming every 6 hours unless they never leave their computer. It is getting close to Spring/Summer, get out and enjoy the weather!

WrongWay
04-15-2005, 12:58 PM
So basically you will run through a season in 4-6 days? Thats insanity.
Check the schedule link out on the main page.
http://www.foflive.com/Data/Schedule.html

The entire season will take exactly 25 days. While this will be the fastest FOF league on the net, it will also be the slowest as all stage files will be simmed individually.

wade moore
04-16-2005, 08:12 PM
I repeat...

Some of us have lives...

Joe
04-16-2005, 10:05 PM
I repeat...

Some of us have lives...

So don't join. :p

fantastic flying froggies
04-17-2005, 03:49 AM
You should go out and advertise your league on the following forum http://mindwipe.net/usbaboard/index.php?c=2.

It's the forum for the American Football League, and they have guys that might be interested in joining another league.

Cringer
04-17-2005, 03:59 AM
I think this is crazy. No offense, I understand the desire to start a new league, and to make it stand apart from all the others. But this is way too fast for just about everyone but a few guys I am sure.

Good luck though.

WrongWay
04-17-2005, 05:03 AM
No offense, I understand the desire to start a new league, and to make it stand apart from all the others. But this is way too fast for just about everyone but a few guys I am sure.
Look at my league schedule. I just don't think it is as fast as it sounds. Yes there will be a new stage file that can be downloaded every 6hrs, but between the Waiver Wire stages and simming all the free Agent rounds individually, if you log onto your computer at least once a day you won't get completly lost.

How many times do you log on a day? How many times do you check your leagues home page a day? This league will be geared at the people out there that are slowly replacing their TV time with their computer time. Or, are always logged in and just keep their computer running in the background.

WrongWay
04-17-2005, 05:05 AM
You should go out and advertise your league on the following forum
Right now I am not going to pimp my league too much. There is 1 commissioner, me, and 1 owner, that would be me again. I realize since I am basically a complete unknown to the FOFC community, I am going to have to take the long way around and wait it out. The upcomming NFL season should see new die hard NFL fans find this game for the first time. And, eventually my little league will land a couple of the more established FOFC members to give this league more "Staying Power". After that it should be a mad dash to claim your team.

I have registered FOFLIVE.COM for 2 years and have prepaid for 1 year worth of "Unlimited" web hosting services for the league, so I am definately in this for the long hall.

It is just a matter of waiting it out. And, I am not going anywhere.

sovereignstar
04-17-2005, 09:03 AM
There is 1 commissioner, me, and 1 owner, that would be me again.

Woo-hoo! *claps hands*

gottimd
04-17-2005, 09:28 AM
I would join the league if you made the schedule so that we would sim every 30 seconds of every day. :eek:

:D

Cuckoo
04-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Well, with pun definitely intended, I'd like to commend you for doing it the "right way." You appear to be a very committed Commissioner, and you have all your ducks in a row. It may be difficult to fill your league right off the bat, but don't let that discourage you. You have an interesting concept to be sure. I don't have the time to take on any other leagues, but with all the leagues out there that haven't found their staying power, I would bet you'll be able to find some owners willing to give it a go.

WrongWay
04-30-2005, 07:50 AM
April 30th After 2-weeks, The "Game Setup" page is finally posted.

Joe
06-14-2005, 10:36 PM
can I still join this wonderful league?

WrongWay
06-23-2005, 07:38 AM
can I still join this wonderful league?
Right now NO.

I am re-Setting up the league to begin with NFL training camp. I realized I need to set up the league so that it may begin and run without a full 32 teams. Also, going with Historic rosters and "No" draft.

But, I will be sure to keep you posted when FOFLIVE does start accepting new owners. :D