PDA

View Full Version : Trade Rules with NPC Franchises

tricey_web
04-16-2005, 05:00 AM
All,

A group of a few friends and I have started a private multi-player league, but we won't be covering every franchise with human coaches. Have veteran commissioners got any advice to give regarding possible rules or regulations to enable trades between Human and Computer franchises?

One method I had thought about was to think about establishing the players in to equivalent bands at the beginning of a season, and allowing only trading between players of the same bands. So you could trade Tiki Barber for LaDanian Tomlinson, but not Peyton Manning for Matt Hasselbeck. Draft picks could be used to supplement a player.

Add to that that a human team also has to throw in their last pick from the next draft, effectively limiting their trade activity, but still opening up the opportunities to make a trade. It could also mean a healthy amount of side-trades between human players because that seventh round draft pick could become quite valuable to someone else.

Another idea I had was to allow a trade only if it meant you were trading a player that filled one of the computer franchises three highest needs. A player that filled a primary need could give you a first round pick from the computer, or alternatively you could take one of their players to fill your primary need. Again, draft picks could be used to compensate unequal trades (e.g. primary need player traded in exchange for tertiary need). One problem with that was that I assume that the 'needs' are subjective, depending on your scout's ability.

As I said, any advice or thoughts from the assembled wisdom would be gratefully received.

David