PDA

View Full Version : It's a matter of PRIDE

Calis
04-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Ok, so my recent exit from the Air Force has led me to becoming quite a bum, and in order to remedy that before it gets out of hand I think I'll get back into taking Jiu-Jitsu. This renewed interest has also got me into following UFC again, and recently borrowing a number of Pride tapes from one of my friends. I just received in the mail this morning a copy of Pride FC for the PS2 also, and was checking online and found quite a few fighters absent from the game and recommended setups to insert them. So as I was doing this, I just started thinking Dynasty.

So, I'm not sure how this will exactly go, and I guarantee rules will be broken, changed, thrown out the windowed, ignored, and that'll be probably just today's work, but lets make it up as we go and if anyone has any ideas or recommendations feel free to add your thoughts.

Now I watched the Finals of The Ultimate Fighter reality show, but had never watched any of the regular episodes. It gave me an idea though, and this idea was to create 8 FOFC martial artists competing against each other for a chance to run with the big boys in Pride. The idea would be we could have the “real” fighters going about their normal business and fighting, while our boys face off against each other for a chance at the big time. How this will be accomplished isn't set in stone, and open for ideas. It will obviously come down to a fight in the end, but if anyone has a novel idea for “competitions” between those fights, feel free.

Now apparently you can only save 12 fighters on a memory card, regardless of free space. I have two memory cards so that's 24 fighters. There's quite a few real fighters I won't to add in, so I'm thinking 8 is a good number of FOFC'ers for the first round, although we can probably bump it up to 12 if there's enough interest.

I keep hearing the game is the best represenation of an MMA event in a video game, so I hope that having the computer fight this out will work decently and not be glitchy, but we'll see.

Ok, so I need 8 entrants with the balls to competed for the first season of It's a Matter of Pride!

I'm going to look through the create a fighter more right now and see what I need, but I will ask the entrants to give me a style of fighting and their basic ratings. My plan for this is to have you do a set amount of points for each fighter, and then I'll randomly roll another amount to add to the fighter, so there's a bit you WON'T know, and some will end up being better than others. Won't be a large amount, but a couple points here and there. I'll be back shortly with those details.

Any takers? I won't do signups just yet, I'll just take the first 8 to post their stats after I give the criteria, and I envision there being multiple seasons, or maybe an injury? Who knows what'll happen in the ring.

CONTESTANTS

David “The Beast” Yellope

Rupert “King of Comedy” Pupkin

Mar “The Connecticut Hero” Mel

Ian “Impact” Bishop

JeeberD “The Postwore” Mack

Jeff “Jellybean” Nights

Calis
04-22-2005, 01:37 PM
Name:
Nickname:
Discipline:
Birthplace:
Height(5'5”-6'4”):
Weight(186-279):

25 Points(Maximum of 10 per skill)

Stand Punch:
Stand Kick:
Mount Pounding:
Takedowns:
Submissions:
Endurance:

Pick 1

Grappler
Striker
Wrestler
Free-Fighter

Fighting Style: You have a basic move list from the one you chose right above here, but I think I'll try and change a couple moves for each person based on input here, so we're sure we have a variety of fighters.

Appearance: Short Description of your Fighter's looks, and I'll do what I can to make it so. You won't see it, but it'll help me. :) Race, facial features, hair, ring attire(not sure what's available, but assume a gi, shorts, think I saw some tank tops, a bro, that sorta stuff) Probably not many options there, but I'll do the best I can.

I think what I'll do is add a random 1d6 to each fighter. I'll assign those points. We'll give out some points when it's all said and done also, chalk it up to experience. Most of the fighters on the game are between 35-40. So we're all rookies here. I like 25 because it forces you to make some tough choices.

So any entrants should just cut this and cut out my "helpful hints" and that'll keep us a nice format.

I expect to see some good trash talking from this also. Grudge matches WILL be arranged. Might give out a point or two to people who get really into it. It'll be fun though, what I'm shooting for here is a nice and easy dynasty, but more importantly where I don't do much work.

So lets get some entrants, and we'll go from there. I think right off the bat we might randomly pick fights and have a card with all our guys going at. We might at this same time start a tourney maybe to get us an official PRIDE Champion also, so if anyone has a certain way they'd like to see that done, shoot. I plan on only using a portion of the fighters present at first, and slowly adding new ones and replacing old ones. We won't retire them exactly since we can't really afford to do that, but we'll take some liberties with reality. We'll also be taking liberties with the frequency of fights.

SirFozzie
04-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Name: David Yellope
Nickname: "The Beast" (patterened after Bob Sapp)
Discipline: K-1
Birthplace: Boston, MA
Height(5'5”-6'4”): 6'3"
Weight(186-279): 235 Lbs

25 Points

Stand Punch:9
Stand Kick: 4
Mount Pounding:3
Takedowns:4
Submissions:1
Endurance: 4

Style: Striker

Appearance: Close cut hair, fighters gloves, fights barefoot, shorts

atatange1
04-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Name: Rupert Pupkin
Nickname: King of comedy
Discipline: K-1 (not sure)
Birthplace: Seattle, WA
Height(5'5”-6'4”): 5'9"
Weight(186-279): 186 Lbs

25 Points

Stand Punch:1
Stand Kick: 1
Mount Pounding:1
Takedowns: 7
Submissions: 10
Endurance: 5

Style: Grappler

Appearance: Shaved head, red shorts.

edit: max 10 points

Calis
04-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Sorry, I should clarify that the max for any skill is 10.

The Discipline section also you don't have to worry about, it's just for looks, doesn't change you at all. Just the name of your style.

I'll get these guys inputted ASAP, and I'm trying to decide now which fighters I'll start off with. I think here soon we'll see an 8 man tourney to crown our first champion, while we get our contestants lined up.

Keep 'em coming boys.

Marmel
04-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Name: Mar Mel
Nickname: The Connecticut Hero
Discipline: Wrestling and Jujitsu Expert - Style is to ground and pound and go for the submission. :)
Birthplace: Manchester, CT
Height(5'5”-6'4”): 6'
Weight(186-279): 230

25 Points

Stand Punch: 3
Mount Pounding: 5
Takedowns: 5
Submissions: 7

Pick 1

Wrestler

Appearance: Closely shaved mohawk, goatee, tatts up and down the arms and on each back shoulder blade. Mike Tyson like tatt on the face. Black shorts.

marshall881
04-22-2005, 04:32 PM
Name: Ian Bishop
Nickname: Impact
Birthplace: Nashville, TN
Height(5'5”-6'4”): 6-0
Weight(186-279): 195

Stand Punch: 7
Stand Kick: 5
Mount Pounding: 4
Takedowns: 3
Submissions: 1
Endurance: 5

Pick 1

Striker

Appearance: Bald Head, Black Trunks, Bare Foot, fighting gloves

JeeberD
04-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Name: JeeberD Mack
Nickname: The Postwhore
Discipline: ???
Birthplace: Fort Wrth, TX
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 235

Stand Punch: 6
Stand Kick: 4
Mount Pounding: 2
Submissions: 2
Endurance:8

Pick 1

Free-Fighter

Appearance: White, short spiky brown hair, goatee, shorts and t-shirt

JeffNights
04-22-2005, 06:34 PM
Name: Jeff Nights
Nickname: JellyBean
Discipline: Brawler
Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan
Height: 5'10
Weight: 265

Stand Punch: 10
Stand Kick:1
Mount Pounding: 3
Takedowns: 2
Submissions:1
Endurance:8

Fighting Style is "Striker"

Appearance: White Male, Bald head, has very thick but trimmed full beard. No tattoos, very well built upper body, large arms and thick shoulders and solid chest. Too much time slamming back cold ones in the bar and no sit-ups in the gym result in his moderate sized beer belly. He wears Black shorts that have "Motor City" in white lettering across the back.

SirFozzie
04-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Why do I have a feeling Fights between me and Jeff will look more like Toughman Competition fights then MMA? :D

JeffNights
04-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Why do I have a feeling Fights between me and Jeff will look more like Toughman Competition fights then MMA? :D

Hmmm...THe only way to find out for sure is to do it.

Jeff "JellyBean" Nights challenges David "The Beast" Yellope to a match on the inagural card.

Marmel
04-22-2005, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't mind giving that punk JeeberD a broken arm on the first card.

marshall881
04-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Ian Bishop is open to match with anyone.
Let's get it on!!

JeeberD
04-23-2005, 04:25 PM
I wouldn't mind giving that punk JeeberD a broken arm on the first card.

Hah, I would like to see you try, Orange boy...

Calis
04-23-2005, 04:57 PM
We need 2 more fighters with the guts to sign up!

Early Preview of FOFC Pride I “The Beginning”

Rumors abound that the first FOFC Pride event will be taking place this Monday, April the 25th. Preliminary speculation has David “The Beast” Yellope facing off against Jeff “Jellybean” Nights in the main event. These two are sluggers plain and simple. Don't expect any fancy technical fighting out of these two. They'll be giving it their all and trading punches. Will Yellope be able to catch the slugger Nights off guard with his kicks? Will Nights' superior condition payoff? Only one way to find out, and that's to put them in the ring.

For a change of pace, the second fight announced is between Mar Mel, a guy who is well versed in wrestling and submissions, and knows a thing or two about Ground and Pound. He'll be meeting up with The Postwhore who is a multi-faceted fighter. The Postwhore will want to keep the fight standing as long as possible, and try to use his superior strikes and endurance to triumph. We'll see how it pans out in just a few short days.

There will be two more fights scheduled, neither of which have been decided upon yet.

Getting out of the gates running is going to be very important for this competition, so this first night is very important for making a statement.

FOFC Pride is still taking applications for potential fighters.

Calis
04-25-2005, 08:33 AM
FOFC Pride I “The Beginning”

Main Event
David “The Beast” Yellope
6'3” 235
Kickboxing

vs.

Jeff “Jellybean” Nights
5'10 265
Brawling
------------------------------------------------------
JeeberD “The Postwore” Mack
6'2” 235
Free Fighting

vs.

Mar “The Connecticut Hero” Mel
6' 230
Jiu-Jitsu
------------------------------------------------------
Ian “Impact” Bishop
6' 195
Kickboxing

vs.

Rupert “King of Comedy” Pupkin
5'9” 186
Submission

Well we only managed to nab 6 fighters for the inaugural card, but lets hope we get a few more takers this week. If we do get some I'll run a quick “mini-card” to get them even before the next Pride event. I just got our present 6 inputted into the game and ready to go. I'll run through the fights here very soon and we'll see what happens.

To start off we're using regular Pride rules, a 10 minute first round followed by two 5 minute rounds if needed. I might move this down to 3 5 minute rounds or maybe even 2 5 minute rounds if needed. If the fights I actually played out are any indication, they very seldom make it past the first round, and I've NEVER seen a decision yet. We'll see how it goes. I'm hoping this plays out pretty decently, but have a fear it will degrade into a punch-out every time.
I guess we'll find out by seeing how Rupert Pupkin and Marmel do in their matches tonight!

Lets do a quick preview of the Bishop vs. Pupkin fight since it was just recently added to the card. Rupert is our resident Royce Gracie, he's the smallest man in the competition and is 100% about the submissions. He has almost no striking skills at all, and relies solely on his takedowns and submissions. While this worked out when MMA first hit it big, cross-discipline training has proven that you MUST be well rounded to compete in today's game. Lets see if Rupert can break that mold! Bishop is a striker, he's got great punches and good kicks. He also has adequate knowledge of takedowns and working from the ground. He definitely wants to keep this one standing up though. This is the fight I'm most interested in watching, just to see how it pans out. The true test to see if this will work out like I hope.

Ok, going to run the fights now and will post the results shortly.

Calis
04-25-2005, 09:55 AM
Fights done, just writing up commentary now.

I will say this though, we have our first controversy in FOFC Pride. ;)

JeeberD
04-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Down goes Mel! Down goes Mel!

Raven Hawk
04-25-2005, 10:14 AM
Name: Raven Hawkov
Nickname: The Locksmith
Discipline: Sambo/Silat
Birthplace: Vladivostok, Russia
Height(5'5”-6'4”): 5'11"
Weight(186-279): 245

Stand Punch: 2
Mount Pounding: 1
Takedowns: 8
Submissions: 9

Grappler
Appearance: Blonde Crew/Flattop. Blue shorts with white waist band, red star on left thigh. KGB tattoed on his right bicep.

Calis
04-25-2005, 10:18 AM
FOFC PRIDE I "THE BEGINNING"

Bishop vs. Pupkin

The fight starts out with a couple of surprises. Right from the get go Bishop attempts a takedown on Pupkin, which no one expected. Pupkin sprawled out though and managed to keep his feet, next thing we know Pupkin has nailed him with a couple good lowkicks. Not quite what we expected here. Bishop starts firing back though and scores a few low kicks of his own and then hits with some powerful punches. He lands two good shots and the third is on the way, but Pupkin is ready for this one and grabs an arm and eventually scores a takedown. This is where he wanted, and Bishop is in trouble now.
Nothing much happens for the next minute or so. Pupkin isn't really trying anything, and Bishop is having no luck getting out. Bishop is throwing some punches though, and actually landing a few, but he's swinging up so they're not doing anything. He makes a mistake though and Pupkin capitalizes, grabbing an arm and going for an armbar. Bishop manages to power out of the hold, but in the process Pupkin gets the mount on him. He's in serious trouble now.

A few more moments pass as the two fighters feel each other out. Pupkin just waiting for a mistake, and Bishop wondering what he can do to get out of this situation. He made the wrong choice, and Pupkin winds up getting a nice keylock on him. There's no powering out of this one, and Bishop is forced to submit about 8 minutes into the fight.

JeeberD Mack vs. Mar Mel

This one was a fight, through and through.

The fight started with a feeling out phase. Jeeber tried a few knees which didn't land, and Mar Mel tried a takedown which failed. Lots of circling and probing punches. Nothing landed for the first minute or two, and then they started exchanging some BIG kicks. Obviously JeeberD has the advantage in that so Mar Mel shoots in and tries for a big suplex of some sorts.

It didn't work out as expected.

JeeberD manages to position his weight so he ends up landing on Mar Mel in a mount. Mar Mel quickly gets to his guard though and we stalemate there, but not for long. Mar Mel manages to sweep and ends up in the mount against Jeeber. We go back and forth for the next three or four minutes, with little in the way of punches being thrown, but lots of reversing. Was just two guys waiting for a mistake. Almost anytime a move was made from the top, they'd end up on the bottom. Eventually Mar Mel is in Jeeber's guard, and stands up, putting Jeeber in the bad position of being stuck on his back with a standing opponent. Mar Mel lands some great kicks to his thighs from this position, and even a few punches as well. Jeeber had enough though and grabbed one of his legs during a kick, bringing the fight back to the ground. The position is quickly reversed though, and Mar Mel goes for a choke, and looks like he might succeed.

Not just yet!

Jeeber manages to get loose, but in the process he gives up his back. It doesn't look good at all for him. Just a matter of time before Mar Mel sinks in that rear naked choke, or starts landing blows to the back of the head. Somehow though, JeeberD manages to catch Mar Mel, and buck him off.
The first round comes to a close shortly after. No one is hurt much, but Mar Mel definitely looks the better out of the two, and won that round imo.
The 2nd round is even more cautious than the first. These fighters both know they're one mistake away from losing this fight. They're showing a lot of respect for one another. More circling and not much action. Eventually Mar Mel starts landing a series of kicks to JeeberD. He gets a few good shots in before he's taken down. The fighters stalemate on the ground, switching position, and a couple good punches are taken by both on the ground.
The round ends. It was pretty even, but I think that flurry of kicks by Mar Mel, even though they didn't do much damage, will give him the round. It's close though, I could see it going either way.

Either way though, JeeberD needed a big 3rd round though to win this sucker. He brings Mar Mel down early in the third but can't manage to do anything with it. Eventually Mar Mel stands it back up. They circle a bit, and exchange a couple punches. We're down to under a minute, and neither fighter has an advantage this round. At the 30 second mark Mar Mel shoots in and goes for a HUGE slam on JeeberD. That did some damage, but JeeberD kept his composure, but with only a few seconds left, there wasn't much he could do and we'd go to the judges.

While it was a close fight, the judges unaminously gave the decision to Mar Mel, and correctly so. He managed to land a few more shots, and came dangerously close to submitting JeeberD at one point. JeeberD looked good though, and by the end of the fight Mar Mel's stamina was looking bad, and Jeeber looked fresh as he was at the beginning. That slam at the end was huge though, and was definitely what gave Mar Mel that round.

David Yellope vs. Jeff Nights

Well, I think we'd all be surprised if this one went the distance, or if it went past the first round for that matter.

Both men entered the ring, and Yelloped TOWERED over his shorter opponent. They both looked ready to go though, and could barely keep themselves in their corners before the bell rang.

We see some hard punches thrown right from the start. Yellope just appears to be landing the more solid punches, and eventually Nights goes for a takedown. Yellope powers his way into the mount though, and catched a punch from Nights on bottom, and flips him over getting his back. For the second time tonight though we see someone wiggle their way out of that position without so much as a hit, just a little winded from the effort. Nothing much happens, and they exchange positions and ineffective punches. At about the 3 minute mark though Yellope lands a couple clean shots, and a nice combo. Nights manages to get the fight standing up again with 1 minute left, but it's quickly brough back down as Yellope trips him up. The round ends.

The 2nd round as it was last fight was a feeling out round. They circle a bit, and Yellope lands a couple good hooks and jabs, but nothing too damaging. Nights takes him down though. I don't think we expected this fight to be on the ground, but I think Nights was getting frustrated by the reach advantage that Yellope had, and thought this was his best bet. He does land some good punches on Yellope on the ground. They stay this way for a few minutes, and then stand up for the last minute, exchanging punches..no one with a clear advantage.

As the 3rd round starts, Yellope goes for a takedown, obviously thinking he's got the first two rounds, and just wants to finish this fight up. He doesn't do much, but does land a few body shots. The fight eventually stands back up and then Nights scores the takedown, but just can't get anything going. Time is running out, and Nights stands the fight back up. A couple punches are thrown and missed, and Yellope shoots in and trips up Nights. The fight ends without much else happening.

As the fighters go back to their corners, Nights looks a little worse off. He's got some bruising, and Yellope landed the better shots. It's up to the judges now though.

Judge 1 gives the fight to......Jeff Nights!
Judge 2 gives the fight to......David Yellope!
And finally, Judge 3 gives the fight to, the winner by split decision......

Jeff Nights!

I have to say, I was personally pretty shocked by this decision. I thought “The Beast” had one the fight for sure. It wasn't domination by any means, but he'd done a lot more damage than Nights had. It did feel like he was stalling though throughout the 3rd round and even part of the 2nd, so maybe that played into it? He appeared to be fighting more not to lose than to win.

Overall I was very impressed with how these played out. I was surprised to see the last match on the ground most of the time, and I wonder if this will ALWAYS be the case? It made sense though, as Nights wasn't winning the stand up game. I saw not only my first decision, but my second as well, and an iffy decision to boot!

All good fights though, and I think we still have no clue who is the #1 guy. I actually thought Mar Mel looked the most impressive, as he showed good striking and great ground skills. You have to look at Pupkin though, who was the only man to finish a fight without a decision tonight. I think we'll be seeing him and Mar Mel facing off real soon, as I think that'd be a good one.
I actually had fun watching the fights though, so the game does a reasonably good job.

I'm thinking one card a week? If we get some more people signed up we might move it to two a week. Was fun to do and didn't take too long, although I might cut down the fight summaries a bit.

Calis
04-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Raven Hawk- Glad to have you on board, If someone else signs up shortly I'll go ahead and have you two square off and add it to this first event. If not you'll be up in Pride II!

Marmel
04-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Terrific job Calis. The writeups were fun to read. Take things at whatever pace you feel comfortable with.

Jeebs, you put up a good fight, but you were lucky enough to get the fight to go to the judges. Next time we meet, I WILL break your arm.

marshall881
04-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Nice write up. I enjoyed it a lot.

Good win for Pupkin. He is a very good opponent.

Bishop will work harder in the gym on his ground game and will be back to punish his next opponent.

JeeberD
04-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Freakin' Mel... :mad:

SirFozzie
04-25-2005, 12:45 PM
*grumbles* Stupid judges.

BYU 14
04-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Ok, count me in...

Name: Kid Brit
Nickname: The English Assassin
Discipline: Pancrase
Birthplace: Sheffield, England
Height(5'5”-6'4”): 6’2”
Weight(186-279): 234

Stand Punch: 4
Mount Pounding: 7
Takedowns: 6
Submissions: 1
Endurance: 6

Style: Wrestler

Appearance: Medium Length brown hair, goatee, Tats on Arms and Chest, fighting gloves, Ankle Wraps, Red and Blue Trunks

Calis
04-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Glad to have you on board, I'll go ahead and get Kid Brit and Raven Hawkov inputted and run a match between them to catch up.

I'll try and get it done here shortly, but if I don't it probably won't happen until sometime tomorrow or Wednesday.

Oh, also..I did away with the adding a random amount of points to each fighter. They are what they are. We had enough differences in point distributions, that I think we have the variety we need.

I'm also open to taking more than 8 people now. The idea of having the real Pride fighters go on as normal isn't looking so hot, as watching them fight just didn't look as right. I think we hit the sweet spot with the amount of points. I'll keep on testing it out.

Our next goal is to get 16 fighters so I can run a one night Grand Prix tournament, and see who the REAL man is. ;)

My preliminary thoughts for Pride II were a Mar Mel vs. Pupkin main event. I just want to see that fight. The other thought is the first round of an 8 man tourney to decide our first champion. I'll let you guys chime in with thoughts on that, I can do either. I can see a benefit to doing it now, and for waiting to build up some suspense and maybe more fighters. Tourneys ARE fun though.

Marmel
04-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Pupkin is a 1 dimensional fighter and doesn't have the array of skills I have. While he is trying hopelessly to apply a submission I am going to pound him until he bleeds. Bring it on!

atatange1
04-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Great stuff so far. The write up was great. I just hope, that with possibly more people, every fighter does not become the same. So far, that is not the case but I hope that everyone doesn't try to make the same fighter. Also, the sound of a Grand Prix tourny sounds great. But I'll be more then happy to become the first champ after I destroy Mar Melissa :D .

marshall881
04-25-2005, 04:46 PM
I agree a Grand Prix tourney would be great.

Hopefully the new fighters will continue the good mix of styles we have going so far.

I am looking forward to hearing about the new guys fights.

Calis
04-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Ok, sounds like folks are clamoring to get to the Tourney, and I can't say I blame them.

Ok, so what's going to happen is Raven Hawkov and Kid Brit will go into the tourney untested, I have a birthday party, and after that am hoping to catch a replay of Saturday's actual Pride event.

We will tentatively plan to air FOFC Pride II Thursday. It will be an 8 man single elimination tourney. The fighters will be randomly paired up, and the winner at the end of the night will be our first champion, pretty simple. So not only do you have to focus on winning, you have to focus on taking as little damage as possible, and ending your fights quickly.

The 8 folks entered now will be the contestants, any newcomers will have to wait until FOFC Pride III to make their debut.

I'll post the first draw here shortly.

Marmel
04-25-2005, 05:18 PM
So the person who draws Jeeber in round 1 esentially get a bye? :)

Calis
04-25-2005, 05:30 PM
I just set up our fighters 1-8 based on the order they signed up, then went to randomizer.org and had it output some numbers for me. The bracket will work in just the order the numbers were spit out, and yes...we got our grudge match! We lucked out on another draw as well. So here's the card.

FOFC Grand Prix
April 28th, 2005

Round I

Mar Mel vs. Ian Bishop

Jeff Nights vs. David Yellope

JeeberD Mack vs. Rupert Pupkin

Raven Hawkov vs. Kid Brit

That's right boys and girls, Jeff Nights and David Yellope will face off again in the first round of the Grand Prix. I have a feeling both fighters have something to prove in that one, and I imagine no matter who wins, they'll be hurting going into the semis.

Our two new fighters also drew each other in the first round, so one of them will be in the semis.

We've got some good fights lined up, some guys who need to prove their lost in FOFC Pride I was a fluke, and some guys who want to leave no doubt that they're on top.

Only one can end the night a winner though.

Interesting draw though, If I had to make a guess, I'd go with Mar Mel in the top bracket. I think he'll win out his first round match, and I think Yellope and Nights will beat a beating on each other leaving them in a tough spot for the semis.

The bottom bracket though is completely up in the air. We'll have to see how the new guys do, but with Rupert Pupkin's showing in the last event, he's the early favorite.

Mar Mel vs. Pupkin in the finals. Who pulls out that one? I'm not sure, but it's the fight I wanted to see. It all depends on the previous fights. Oh, and if either of the two actually win their other fights. That's important also.

Just a couple days to go!

atatange1
04-25-2005, 08:04 PM
This should be great! Very excited.

JeffNights
04-25-2005, 08:47 PM
(The Press conference announcing FOFC Grand Prix doubles as the gathering for the post inagural card. Jeff "JellyBean" Nights is currently at the center podium taking questions)

Reporter "Slck Mick" : Jeff, alot of people are viewing this as a very controversial decison, what do you think turned the majority decision for you?"

Nights: "Well, Its very simple. I was the more aggressive fighter, I landed the better punches, i scored more takedowns, I pushed the action, and I was fighting to win. Yellope, I gues he thought after he caught me a nice combo he could coast to victory by constantly stalling and basically doing nothing. Maybe its because he was gassed, who really knows? The judges made the right call."

Reporter (Helena Mounds) "JellyBean, in the first round you face "The Beast" again, what are your thoughts about the rematch, and are you concerned with an angry David Yellope, looking for revenge in this match?

Nights: "It doesnt matter who my opponnet is, its one of three matches that I am going to win on April 28th to become the FOFC PRIDE Champion. Refereing specifically to Yellope, I know what all he is about now. I always repsect every man that steps into the ring with me, but I think I might have given him too much, I should have ended that fight in the late second round, if not then, then the thrid round for sure. I took his best shots and let me say that David Yellope cannot hurt me, and I certainly have no fear of him at all."

(Nights's manager then leads him off the podium)

SirFozzie
04-26-2005, 08:28 AM
I made a mistake in our first fight, Nights. I hurt you, but I didn't finish you. I thought I had done enough. Judges see it differently, that's cool. But I don't want it to go to the judges at the Grand Prix, Nights.. I want a definitive finish and a definitive winner. If that means you catch me with a good shot and beat me, so be it. But I want a winner. Clean. No judges.

BYU 14
04-26-2005, 08:46 AM
A series of cutaways span the majestic sights of London and come to rest on a solitary figure with a black towel on his head, staring off into the Thames river. As the camera pans in Kid Brit slowly raises his eyes to meet the lens and a sadistic smile crosses his face as he begins to speak......

Oye, what a bunch of Mingers and Toerags we have ‘ere. Not that I am keen to running me gob, but I’ll be having a right nice time throwin a ruck with the likes of you in Grand Prix. Raven, it starts with you, ya bloody mong, shield your Goolies cause this Limey’s a right Nutter.

marshall881
04-26-2005, 09:12 AM
Ian Bishop responds to the recent draw for the Grand Prix:

I am confidant in my abilities and that I can take out Mar Mel. Yes I know he was impressive in his first fight, but I feel that I am a much better match up for him than Jeeber was.

I lost the Pupkin fight because I got a little too cute trying to mix up my style with a fighter whose style I was a little unfamiliar with.

For Mar Mel there will be no more schukin' and jivin', just straight power and pain from the Impact man!

JeeberD
04-26-2005, 10:12 AM
JeeberD is gonna up the Pumpkin and make himself some pie...

BYU 14
04-26-2005, 10:55 AM
JeeberD is gonna up the Pumpkin and make himself some pie...

Up the Pumpkin???? Is that legal outside of Idaho???

JeeberD
04-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Ummmm...I think "carve" was supposed to be in there somewhere... :o

Raven Hawk
04-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Oye, what a bunch of Mingers and Toerags we have ‘ere. Not that I am keen to running me gob, but I’ll be having a right nice time throwin a ruck with the likes of you in Grand Prix. Raven, it starts with you, ya bloody mong, shield your Goolies cause this Limey’s a right Nutter.
I don't understand what scrawny man says . . . perhaps you understand me. I'll break your neck like a chicken bone.

Marmel
04-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Ian Bishop responds to the recent draw for the Grand Prix:

I am confidant in my abilities and that I can take out Mar Mel. Yes I know he was impressive in his first fight, but I feel that I am a much better match up for him than Jeeber was.

I lost the Pupkin fight because I got a little too cute trying to mix up my style with a fighter whose style I was a little unfamiliar with.

For Mar Mel there will be no more schukin' and jivin', just straight power and pain from the Impact man!

I am calling our matchup "The Retirement of Ian Bishop." After two consecutive tap outs to begin your career and an 0-2 record, I can just assume you will give up the sport.

Calis
04-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Well, I hate to do it, and I'm sure everyone here is dissapointed, but we're going to have to....

Move the card up a day.

Yeah, I know. It sucks. I'll have time to do it tomorrow morning, and I'm not sure if I will Thursday. So I'll play it safe.

I think our fighters are ready to go at it anyway. ;)

Calis
04-27-2005, 10:37 AM
PRIDE FOFC Grand Prix

Mar Mel vs. Ian “Impact” Bishop

This fight starts off quickly, both fighters obviously wanting to end this first round as soon as possible and rest up for the next match. The quick start might have not been in Mar Mel's best entrance as he eats a nice high kick followed by a knee combo. Mar Mel looks staggered, and Bishop keeps throwing more kicks. Finally Mar Mel composes himself though and lands a couple nice stiff jabs and hooks of his own, and appears to stun Bishop who quickly ties him up in a clinch. Bishop takes him down and ends up in the mount. He throws a couple shots, but Mar Mel blocks them. Mar Mel doesn't take long in sweeping and getting the mount himself. Bishop shows his quickness also though by quickly gaining the guard. We go back and forth like this for a minute, both fighters landing a couple punches, but nothing devastating. Mar Mel is back in Bishop's guard. He manages to get both hands free and goes for a neck crank. He manages to pull it off, and Bishop has no choice but to submit.

Well Bishop looked great standing up, I thought he might dominate this one, but once it went to a clinch I knew he was in trouble. Mar Mel is in pretty good shape going into the semis, but he did take some seriously hard kicks at the onset of the fight. We'll have to see if they have an effect later.

Jeff Nights vs. David Yellope “The Grudge Match”

These two step in the ring for a second time, and the fans are expecting to see fireworks. Yellope starts the fight off with a nice hook landing, and once again we quickly see Nights follow that up with a takedown. Yellope gets hit with some very nice punches while he's on his back, but eventually manages to get free and stand up the fight.

He returns the favor shortly after and takes Nights to the ground. He gets a couple good shots in to the body and a few landing up top also. They grapple a while, and Yellope lands a couple more shots. Nights stands it up again.
Nights comes up and lands a nice knee to the midsection, he tries to follow it up with a second but Yellope was ready and caught it, bringing him to the ground. A battle for position ensues and we end up with Nights in the mount. He throws down a couple shots from the top. They stand back up with about a minute left.

They circle a bit, and Yellope closes the distance with 30 seconds left and lands a wicked left hook, right uppercut combo. With just seconds left though, Nights lands a nice combo of his own. I'd hate to be a judge on this round.

2nd Round

Nights lands a HARD uppercut the beginning of this round. I mean hard, the biggest punch we've seen in FOFC Pride yet. It floors Yellope, who is definitely stunned but manages to regain his feet before anymore damage is done. He's wobbly though. He does secure a takedown though. He takes a few seconds to knock the cobwebs out and then starts hammering Nights. He's throwing a good mix of body punches to open up the shots to the head. Nights manages to sneak out though and get into a mount of his own. He lands a couple punches and Yellope is looking out of it. He's tired, and the damage is piling up. 30 seconds, he's got to hold out. Nights doesn't let up though, and lands a series of shot, and finally with a wild left finishes off Yellope with just seconds until the bell saved him.

A great fight overall, and that uppercut to start the second round was the turning point. That was nasty. Like I had predicted though, Nights took a beating and I think it will have a big effect on the Semis. Great fight by both men though.

JeeberD Mack vs. Rupert Pupkin

JeeberD comes out looking sharp and lands a couple good combos. Pupkin shows surprising skill on his feet though. He lands a couple shots of his own, and actually has JeeberD backing up. Jeebs regains his composure and throws a couple good punch, punch, knee combos. Pupkin shoots in for a takedown, and succeeds, but quickly jumps back and goes for a heel hold. He lands it, catching “The Postwhore” completely off guard and wins the fight just a few short minutes in.

Kid Brit vs. Raven Hawkov

This fight wouldn't take long either. We start off with both guys swinging for the fences, and landing. They were both taking hard punches and a few kicks. Hawkov even went for some sorta dropkick, which actually landed. They threw everything they had out in the span of 30 seconds, and then Hawkov shot in for a takedown, which he got. He wasted no time on the ground going for a nice looking front choke. Kid Brit couldn't find a way out of it and taps. All this action happened in the span of about a minute and a half, but what a fight!

First Round Wrap-Up

So the first round is done. Mar Mel will face off against Jeff Nights in the 2nd round, and we'll see Pupkin vs. Raven Hawkov. We only had one fight make it past the first round, which tells us these fighters were focusing on ending it quickly and took some risks. Will Nights' earlier war against Yellope end his hopes of making it past the 2nd round? Pupkin and Hawkov both finished their fights quickly so they'll be in great shape when they square off. Lets get to it!

atatange1
04-27-2005, 10:43 AM
Great start (for me atleast)!

Calis
04-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Semi-Finals

Mar Mel vs. Jeff Nights

This one would be a war as well.

Nights lands a solid jab to start the fight and Mar Mel shoots as we though he would. They grapple a bit, and finally Nights manages to stand it up. Mar Mel shoots in again quickly though and picks up Nights slamming him to the ground. Mar Mel shoots down and tries for a heel hook, but Nights break it and in the process gains the mount. He starts raining down punches, and lands at least three good ones, before Mar Mel pushes him off and they stand. Mar Mel stands and takes a couple shots before shooting in and scoring with another big slam. Nights would stand it up once more before the round ended and land a couple more shots before Mar Mel ended the round with another big slam.

The 2nd round starts with Mar Mel throwing a kick which Nights catches and uses to take him down. Mar Mel reverses it and once again goes for heel hook, but Nights is having none of it and reverses. Mel gets back on top and goes for a keylock which Nights also isn't letting happen. Nights is showing surprisingly good submission defense here, I don't think anyone knew he had this aspect to his game. The round ends with neither fighter holding a clear advantage, but both looking VERY tired.

There's an exchange to start the 3rd round and they're both just pummeling one another. This is not how Mar Mel wants to fight this fight though and he takes down Nights. Both fighters are running on fumes, but Nights makes the mistake. He gets situated badly and Mar Mel capitalizes, taking his back. It's just a matter of time, and Nights lowers his guard and Mar Mel lands a hard shot right on the temple which ends this fight halfway through the 3rd round.

Rupert Pupkin vs. Raven Hawkov

Well my first prediction came true, will the 2nd as well?
They stand up the first few minutes, and Raven is getting the better of Pupkin, throwing some good punches and landing. Pupkin does manage a few nice kicks, and isn't doing too poorly. Raven shoots in and slams him to the mat. Raven starts working on the pounding, but Pupkin does a nice job defending. Raven gets careless and throws a punch that Pupkin grabs and attempts an armbar. Raven powers out though and catches Pupkin in a bad position, he then mounts. He attempts a keylock, but Pupkin knows a thing or two about defending those and it's ineffective. He attempts a front choke which is also broken, but it has a huge gain for him.

He gets Pupkin's back.

He tries to follow this up with a couple punches, with none landing. He then goes for a rear naked choke, but Pupkin manages to wrestle free. He's still giving up his back though, and Raven finally finds the mark and hit him with two big punches, and quickly tries for another rear naked choke, this one sinking in. A few seconds later and Pupkin is tapping the canvas and Raven Hawkov is moving on to the finals.

Semi's Wrap-Up

Well Mar Mel is in the finals, like I predicted, but man did he take some punishment getting there. ON the other hand, Pupkin was defeated by Raven Hawkov a fighter we knew little about and in the process Hawkov took very little damage. This is going to put Mar Mel in a huge disadvantage going into the finals.

Marmel
04-27-2005, 11:31 AM
I am tired, but have the heart of a champion. :)

SirFozzie
04-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Damnit!

Good fight, Jeff, at least we got it done without the judges telling us who won.

Calis
04-27-2005, 01:16 PM
FOFC Pride Grand Prix
Finals

Raven Hawkov vs. Mar Mel

It would not take long to crown our first Champion.

Hawkov looked fresh, you could hardly tell he'd been in two fights already tonight. Mar Mel on the other hand? He'd been in fights, there was no question.

They circle to start, neither fighter wanting to be the first to make a move. Raven shoots in for a take down, but Mar Mel sprawls. Raven shows his superior strength though and manages to force a take down through sheer power. He knows his opponent is hurting also, and wastes no times throwing a flurry of punches, mostly hard lefts which connect. Punch after punch lands, and then they stop suddenly and Hawkov shoots down for a leg and nabs it, putting the heel hook in and forcing Mar Mel to tap in the shortest fight of the evening. "The Locksmith" Raven Hawkov is crowned the first ever FOFC Pride Champion!

Grand Prix Recap

Congrats to The Locksmith on bringing home the title. He looked dominating this evening, winning all his fights in a matter of minutes. Who's going to stop this Russian beast?

Overall a good card, we had some great fights. Nights vs. Yellope II wasn't a letdown as they beat the crap out of each other once again, and I don't think this is over yet. That's assuming that Yellope doesn't have any serious brain damage from the shot he took tonight. They'll both be back.

The lower bracket wasn't quite as exciting, mostly because Hawkov was there and it was his night. So I don't think we can judge those fighters properly down there.

We've got a lot of fighters with something to prove, and now we have a champion who has to fight them all off. Things are heating up!

Raven Hawk
04-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Americans are soft from all of their comforts of Western lifestyle. In America, you sit on couch all day. In Russia, couch sits on you. Don't forget to tip your waitresses.

Marmel
04-27-2005, 01:48 PM
In a rematch, Jackoff taps in the first round to me. I was tired after fighting 2 previous grueling fights and another one just a few days ago. Jackoff was lucky he caught me at less than full strength. He should enjoy every second he has with that title, because it won't last long at all.

marshall881
04-27-2005, 01:58 PM
At least Bishop can say that he put a beat down on one of the finalists.

Time to get back in the gym and work on his submission defense.

JeffNights
04-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Recapping his performance:
"Sure, I am dissapointed, but honestly, how many haymakers can a human being take in the space of a couple hours? I and David Yellope fought in the first round what will probably be the fight of the year. Mar Mel, Well, he did a good job, the man is strong and can throw a punch, and he took me out of my primary strategy with his takedown slams. I have to give it up to him. Next however, I want a shot at this Russian thats running his mouth already. This Bitch had the easiest road to the finals and caught all the breaks. If granted the oppurtunity, i'll show this Hackov fool just how "soft" a man from the motor city can be!"

Raven Hawk
04-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Hah! Only thing that run in Motor City is Jelly Bean mouth. Jelly Bean should learn lesson from Chinese prostitute: If you open your mouth prepare to take a shot. Only difference is Chinese prostitute fight better.

JeffNights
04-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Hah! Only thing that run in Motor City is Jelly Bean mouth. Jelly Bean should learn lesson from Chinese prostitute: If you open your mouth prepare to take a shot. Only difference is Chinese prostitute fight better.

<JellyBean looks, squints, shrugs his shoulders, holds his arms out>

"What the Hell did he just say?"

Listen you commie. Me<points finger at his chest>, and you<points outward>....go in ring. <slams fists together>
"and that doesnt need a translator!"

JeeberD
04-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Well I fucking sucked...

BYU 14
04-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Ok Raven, Kid Brit took a bit of a humbling, but I don't give a toss. You go get your gallopin knob rot from the nasty salts at the knockin shop mate and I'll be going eppy in the gym. Next time guv, I'll get you right ropey you jammy Sod!!

RendeR
04-28-2005, 09:12 PM
I know you only asked for 8, but if for some reason you get another opening, count me in!

Name: RendeR Snow
Nickname: The Offender
Discipline: "The Rock and the hard Place" (Think dolph lundgren in Rocky IV)
Birthplace: Transelvania
Height(5'5”-6'4”): 6' 4"
Weight(186-279): 250

Stand Punch: 7
Stand Kick: 7
Mount Pounding: 2
Submissions: 2

Pick 1
Free-Fighter

Appearance: Tall Dark and Brooding, eyes that never flinch, a jawline as hard as the maginot line.

Raven Hawk
04-28-2005, 10:15 PM
<jellybean looks="" squints="" shrugs="" shoulders="" holds="" his="" arms="" out="">

"What the Hell did he just say?"

Listen you commie. Me

, and you

....go in ring. <slams fists="" together="">
"and that doesnt need a translator!"
I say that Chinese prostitute fight better than you. Let's get it on, Candy-Man.
</slams></points></points></jellybean>

Calis
04-28-2005, 10:32 PM
RendeR, I can fit you in now. I was actually hoping to pick up a 9th, so we don't have to fight the Champion every card, gives us a bit of buildup. So you're up next card!

Ok, so I've got a preliminary setup for FOFC Pride III. This isn't set in stone, but I think it works out pretty well. We do have some nice feuds brewing up, and that's always good. This card is all business though. These matches were setup to give us a clear #1 contender, and to help a couple fighters at least get off the hump of being winless.

FOFC Pride III
JeeberD Mack vs. Kid Brit

David Yellope vs. Ian Bishop

Jeff Nights vs. RendeR Snow

MAIN EVENT- FOFC PRIDE #1 CONTENDER MATCH
Mar Mel vs. Rupert Pupkin

This gives us a good mix, we have a couple of fights with both fighters looking for their first win. We've also got Jeff Nights looking to bounce back from his loss in the Grand Prix semis squaring off against a newcomer to FOFC Pride in RendeR Snow.

The main event culminates in the fight many have been waiting to see, with the winner getting a shot at Raven Hawkov and the title at Pride IV. Should be a great technical battle.

We'll schedule this one for Monday, the 28th of April. I'll be gone this weekend, but if anyone has an issue with a fight or really wants to fight someone else, I'll listen to it, but overall I think this is a pretty decent card. Some of it is semi-questionable, but I think any good fighting organization needs its share of controversy. ;)

JeeberD
04-28-2005, 11:10 PM
So I get to lose to the Brigham Young Brit this time. F'in brilliant...

marshall881
04-29-2005, 08:19 AM
I think I can safely say that the "Beast" vs. "Impact" fight won't end with a submission.

Someone is probably going to get knocked out.

Calis
05-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Hey folks, just going to let you know I won't be putting up the card today.

Sorry about that, had a LONG weekend and took it easy today. It'll probably be Thursday at the earliest for it, but possibly sooner. This is a bad week though.

I think we'll say the card I put earlier is finalized though since there were no objections.

SirFozzie
05-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Poke Poke Poke Poke RIGHT HOOK

RendeR
05-15-2005, 07:29 PM
*checks for a pulse*

BYU 14
05-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Places hand in warm water.....

Calis
05-16-2005, 08:11 AM
FOFC Pride III “Better Late Than Never”

We've had some delays, but FOFC Pride is far from dead. We're back with quite a show here. A couple fighters looking to get that elusive first win, Jeff Nights trying to redeem himself and prove he deserves a title shot, and a main event which will decide who will get a shot at the Russian Bear, Raven Hawkov.

JeeberD Mack vs. Kid Brit

The fight starts off quickly with Kid Brit landing a nice kick to the body and shooting in for a take down. JeeberD reverses position shortly after and attempts a pretty rudimentary front choke, just placing his forearm on the throat of Kid Brit and leaning on it. This puts him off balance though and Kid Brit reverses the position. Jeebs manages to stand up the fight shortly after though and we're back to square one.

Jeebs lands a good combo of jabs but is taken down by Kid Brit after. Kid starts landing some big punches from inside Jeebs' guard. They're definitely having an effect. He goes for a neck crank which fails, but he manages to get the mount from it, and he starts going to town again with a series of big punches. Jeebs is hanging on by a thread right now, but even so, he manages to stand back up. Jeebs manages a takedown of his own next, and then he starts a beating. Just when he gets into the swing of things though, the bell sounds ending round 1.

The 2nd round starts off with Kid Brit attempting a high kick which JeeberD catches and uses to take him down. He's got the mount now and he's making the most of it, landing a few good shots, but being very patient. They go back and forth for a while, jockeying for position, but finally JeeberD goes for his front choke again, but this time he succeeds! Kid Brit has tapped out! NO! The bell had already sounded. Kid Brit was saved by a matter of a second at the most.

They exchange a couple shots to start off the 3rd round before Kid scores a takedown. Jeebs quickly stands it back up though, but this time Kid doesn't fool around and picks up Jeebs and slams him hard to the mat. Kid goes for a keylock but Jeebs gets out, and manages to reverse positions. He starts pounding away again from the top until Kid Brit manages to stand the fight back up. What happened next caught me completely off guard, JeeberD moved in for what appeared to be a takedown, but Kid Brit was planning something off the wall. He left his feet and was soaring through the air attempting a dropkick. It landed. Hard, flush on Jeebs' chin as he moved in. He collapsed to the ground, out of it. Kid Brit had won the fight via a KO in the 3rd.

David Yellope vs. Ian Bishop

These two came out trying to kill one another, and maybe themselves. We saw the most brutal first round we've seen yet in FOFC Pride, with these guys exchanging all sorts of nasty combos, lots of hard kicks, punches, you name it. No one took a real advantage in my book, but by the time the 1st round ended both men were in a world of hurt. Halfway through the first round both men were exhausted though, as they'd given everything that first 5 minutes, and they were running on heart now.

The 2nd round started with Yellope taking it to the ground and after some positioning for a while landing a couple solid punches. Bishop looked to be hanging on by a thread, but you can tell that Yellope ain't in the best of shape himself. Bishop actually lands a couple good shots of his own, but they're aiming up and lack much “impact”. The round ends though, and both men are having a lot of trouble even getting to their corners.

Ian Bishop comes out quickly in the 3rd round and lands a lowkick followed by a nice jab, and then lands a high kick which momentarily floors Yellope. That just evened this fight up! Yellope gets his composure back quickly though and shoots in for a takedown. After two hard shots from the mount, Ian Bishop is out of it, and David Yellope gets the win he's been looking for.

Jeff Nights vs. RendeR Snow

Nights came out in this fight pissed. Pissed because he wanted to be in that #1 contenders fight, and his plan was to make RendeR, a newbie to Pride FOFC pay for that. He would do just that.

Nights starts the fight landing a hard haymaker right which stuns RendeR for a second. Snow quickly goes for a take down to give himself a moment. Snow lands a punch or two from the ground, and is doing ok for himself. Soon Nights gets the top position, and he really starts to go to work. He's landing big shots left and right, he's showing no mercy. They stand up and it just continues. Nights is throwing all sorts of combinations. Jabs, hooks, high kicks, low kicks, you name it. He scores another takedown late in the first round and beings pounding away again. By this point RendeR has had about all he can take, and a few seconds later the fight is stopped. Chalk up a win for Jeff Nights, and he sures look ready for a shot at the title.

Mar Mel vs. Rupert Pupkin

This is the fight I've been wanting to see. Our two masters of groundfighting here in FOFC facing off. This should be a good one.

The fight starts off with Mar Mel scoring a nice slam takedown, and following that up with a good left right combo on the ground. The fighters stand it up a few moments later and Pupkin comes in with a nice looking flying armbar attempt, which doesn't pan out for him and Mar Mel gets position. He goes for a neck crank and it doesn't work, but he gets the mount out of the deal. He tries a couple punches, but Pupkin is blocking most of them, and just biding his time. Mar Mel gets careless though with his punches and Pupkin nabs an arm, and quickly goes for an armbar. A few seconds later we have our #1 contender, as Mar Mel is forced to tap out.

JeeberD
05-16-2005, 08:24 AM
Bullshit, I wuz robbed!!!

atatange1
05-16-2005, 10:30 AM
Glad this is back. Glad to be winning again.

marshall881
05-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Bishop can't win a fight, but at least he puts on a good show.

SirFozzie
05-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Damn. I know I'm pleasing the crowd and all that, but I'd really like to go through a fight and not need major ice packs afterwords.

RendeR
05-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Ow....just...just ...

ow.......

BYU 14
05-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Bullshit, I wuz robbed!!!

Wow, this was almost as exciting as those annual Ass Kickings BYU used to lay on Utep in Football ;)

Calis
05-23-2005, 10:04 AM
So, any requests on fights for FOFC Pride IV?

Obviously our main event is going to Rupert Pupkin versus our champion Raven Hawk, but the rest is up in the air.

JeeberD
05-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Someone that I can actually beat, please...

BYU 14
05-23-2005, 10:21 AM
I will put in a request for David Yellope, rhymes with rusty Jalopy, means I'll make him look sloppy...... :cool:

marshall881
05-23-2005, 11:53 AM
Bishop will fight anyone of course, and get beat again of course! Bring it on!

Calis
05-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Ok, so lets see here.

JeeberD vs. Ian Bishop

Somebody has to win. God knows that both fighters will do everything in their power to ensure it's not them. Should be a helluva fight...maybe. A suicide watch will be put on the loser of this match however.

Kid Brit vs. David Yellope

Two fighters coming off their first win. Lets see if Yellope can go a fight without crippling himself in the process.

Title Match
Raven Hawkov vs. Rupert Pupkin

Our first FOFC Pride title defense. We saw Raven Hawkov appear completely unstoppable in the first Pride GP. He's beat Pupkin once already, but lets see how he can do this go round.

Think we might just go with 3 fights this card. Jeff Nights is still on tap for a title shot, so that might happen next card or maybe wait for 2. I'll try to get this done pretty quick, probably tomorrow morning.

SirFozzie
05-23-2005, 02:37 PM
I will put in a request for David Yellope, rhymes with rusty Jalopy, means I'll make him look sloppy...... :cool:

Um.. just to let you know it is pronounced (yell-up) :D

(Trust me, you will not be the first or the last.)

JeffNights
05-23-2005, 09:56 PM
The JellyBean doesnt sit out events!

Open Challenge this card...if anyone wants to step up that is...

RendeR
05-24-2005, 11:01 PM
I Demand a REMATCH!!!!

JeffNights
05-25-2005, 12:08 AM
I Demand a REMATCH!!!!

I see the previous beating I gave you obviously resulted in brain damage.

RendeR
05-25-2005, 02:16 PM
*points at shoulders* Diss here my helmet...
*points at head* and dis here is muh shoad-a-ma-pads
My number is 43...awe shit.....34.......

BYU 14
06-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Um.. just to let you know it is pronounced (yell-up) :D

(Trust me, you will not be the first or the last.)

Hmmmm, I think it's just your accent ;)

But I will modify just the same.....

He talks a good game, this fighter called Yellope.
But I'll knock him out, just so he'll shut the hellope. (pronounced Hell-up)
:D

JeffNights
06-10-2005, 01:31 AM
BUMP

Calis
08-24-2005, 08:54 PM
Any of our fighters still interested in this?

My PS2 basically crapped out on me, so there'd have to be a change, but someone mentioned in the UFC 54 thread, this http://www.nhb-sim.tk/ sim and I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'll have to see how well it works out, but we should be able to work something. Updates might be a little off as my schedule is still kinda wonky, but this will make it a little easier for me to pull off. I think this might be better suited than the Pride video game was anyway, but we'll see.

So give a shout if you're still interested. I'll fiddle around with it a bit tonight and see how it goes, and look into creating characters.

SirFozzie
08-25-2005, 05:20 AM
Still interested :)

JeffNights
08-25-2005, 05:01 PM
Yeah The jellybean finally found his smile.

Raven Hawk
08-25-2005, 05:10 PM
Fight the Pupkin, yah. Then I crush the Jelly Bean.

Calis
08-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Ok this looks good, I'll probably do a new thread and you guys will need to remake your characters.

There's A BUNCH more stats so you'll have more to do when creating, but the upside is it'll let you really flesh out your character more. There's also the option to change your aggressiveness/defense and power/technique on a fight per fight basis so we should really be able to liven things up.

I'm thinking we might end up just pm'ing me or emailing me the fighter sheets and not posting him here. We can do a quick summary of the fighter style's but lets let people deduce and guess how best to go about fighting them as we go on.

The headache now is figuring out how many points to give you guys for creation, I'll work on that a bit more. Should have some more info up on this at some point on Friday.

atatange1
08-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Sounds great. I'm glad this is back.

marshall881
08-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I am glad that this is back as well. Really looking forward to getting started again.