PDA

View Full Version : FastFL Info and Openings

RailsFS
07-21-2005, 04:01 AM
The FastFL is now under new management. The league was on hold for a couple weeks, but is now underway again. We lost a few GMs during the transition, that left us with some openings, so hurry and claim your team. The GMs that stayed are all very active and are great GMs. We are about to enter season FIVE, so there's a bit of history in place. The league has an interesting premise.

Basically, this league focuses more on the "GM" part of the game, over the "coaching" part. There are still quite a few coaching aspects in the league, but like I said, the focus is on the "GM" part. What we do is run the stages in blocks. One sim would be weeks 1-4, the next would be 5-12, and the final sim would be weeks 13-17. The playoffs would be run next, in one sim. This allows you to make your changes during the season to adjust your gameplan, roster changes, etc. The offseason is run as normal (about the same as other leagues). This part is not simmed in blocks, and is not hurried along in any way. Our focus is on the offseason, and building a team. This is where the real action in the FastFL is.

Basically, if you are interested in building a DYNASTY, this is a great place to do it. The pace of the league allows you to see your roster moves come to fruition a bit quicker than other leagues, while still being slow enough not to shortchange the actual season. If all this sounds interesting to you check out the league website:

http://www.replicatednfl.com/fastfl/

Andrew, our new commish, is still getting all the website quirks hammered out (he just transferred it all to a new URL) so some of the links are not functioning right now, but all the stuff you need (access to the forums, his email, the league file) is there, so you can check it out. Oh, I'm the co-commish, so if you have any questions you can email me at railsfs AT sbcglobal.net .

WrongWay
07-27-2005, 10:24 PM
S.O.B. 3 weeks = 1 game year.

Unfreakin Believable!!!

PackerFanatic
07-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Hello hello hello! I am Andrew Belonger, the new commish of the new and improved FastFL! And yes...you heard right 3 weeks = 1 game year. We love the dynasty aspect and this league is not for the faint of heart...or the lack of export-age. Heh...either way, if you like the dynasty league and can be a dedicated owner, then join it up! I pretty much have the site done and we got new forums and we are ready to get rolling...our 5th season will be starting up next week so get on board now and don't miss any of the fun!

BTW...my e-mail addy is [email protected] and my AIM name is keksemeister, so feel free to hit me up anytime :)

PackerFanatic
08-05-2005, 12:41 PM
Since my last post, we have finished the 2008 season and still have PLENTY of openings! If you like the dynasty stuff, THIS LEAGUE IS FOR YOU! So join up today!

RailsFS
08-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Join up now and I'll include a free text ham sandwich.

PackerFanatic
08-08-2005, 07:59 AM
hell, he doesn't even give ME text ham sandwiches and he is my co-commish! That is a STEAL!