PDA

View Full Version : Errrrm... What's all the Werewolf stuff?

Kodos
07-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Let's say that I've ignored the Werewolf threads more or less completely so far. What's the deal with them?

rkmsuf
07-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Werewolf X - Ways of the Fist

Peregrine
07-27-2005, 12:59 PM
It's a game which was originally played with large groups of people in RL which has migrated to forums. The basic idea is that there is a large group of players (15-25) of which a few are the bad guys, werewolves. Others may have some other king of special role. Each night the wolves can eat one person, and each day the villagers have to decide who they think is a wolf and try to lynch them. The humans win if they kill all the wolves, and the wolves win if they get down an even level, number-wise, with the humans.

Kodos
07-27-2005, 01:00 PM
Sounds.... dorky (no offense!).

Are these D&D folks?

Peregrine
07-27-2005, 01:01 PM
I have no idea, I caught the game bug from the forums at a boardgame site, and brought it here and ran the first several games, now it's spreading and lots of people are playing. It's fun, there's tons of psychology, induction, and second-guessing of people's statements.

KWhit
07-27-2005, 01:01 PM
I suppose it's about as dorky as text-sims.

So, yeah. you're right. It's very dorky.

Kodos
07-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Oh, we're ALL dorks here. No question about that. But this seems to be above the call. ;)

Peregrine
07-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Read some of the threads and you'll get an idea of how it works. I'm not sure how it's any more dorky than anything else, it's not like you're roleplaying these characters, you're just trying to guess correctly the identities of the wolves based on their statements and voting patterns, or trying to survive if you're a wolf.

Coffee Warlord
07-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Blade died as fast in the X-Com WW game as he did in the dynasty. That's all that matters. :)

Kodos
07-27-2005, 01:05 PM
Blade must always die quickly. That's a rule.

Kodos
07-27-2005, 01:05 PM
Read some of the threads and you'll get an idea of how it works. I'm not sure how it's any more dorky than anything else, it's not like you're roleplaying these characters, you're just trying to guess correctly the identities of the wolves based on their statements and voting patterns, or trying to survive if you're a wolf.

I think I'll just stick to posting inane polls (http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/showthread.php?t=41084) instead. :)

Blade6119
07-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Blade died as fast in the X-Com WW game as he did in the dynasty. That's all that matters. :)

God damnit coffee, next warewolf game it just you and me!! Its on like donkey kong biotch!!!! :p :p

Coffee Warlord
07-27-2005, 02:35 PM
God damnit coffee, next warewolf game it just you and me!! Its on like donkey kong biotch!!!! :p :p

Need I remind you of the Coffee Warlord Pin? :)

Blade6119
07-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Need I remind you of the Coffee Warlord Pin? :)
Ok, so you have a point...but still...GAH!!!

Coffee Warlord
07-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Ok, so you have a point...but still...GAH!!!

What'd you get up to anyway? Blade V?

Blade6119
07-27-2005, 02:45 PM
What'd you get up to anyway? Blade V?

In the final installment, yes...but i lose 3 in vince's(only person to lose 3)...i also died first and had the tank named after me(which got blown up) in GBs first time around, then died twice more before the swarmed our base....so blade V the last time, but much more over all

gottimd
07-27-2005, 02:48 PM
We need more Werewolf threads on the board.

Vince
07-27-2005, 02:50 PM
Peregrine, I've been meaning to ask -- how do the werewolves go about conversing/explaining who they want to kill in a real life version of the game without giving their identities away?

KWhit
07-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Peregrine, I've been meaning to ask -- how do the werewolves go about conversing/explaining who they want to kill in a real life version of the game without giving their identities away?
Telepathy.

Duh.

:rolleyes:

Blade6119
07-27-2005, 02:52 PM

I used to play it all the time as a kid, and we called it mafia and had mafia and cops and citizens...basically, its mosty when body languge while everyone else has the eyes closed and is silent...same for cops, both point to who they want to scan/kill/ convert, and any discussions happen as silently as possible(we always played in a huge circle, usually with a fire in the middle...

Lathum
07-27-2005, 03:50 PM

ummmm, you mean I'm not supposed to run around at night eating babies?

kcchief19
07-27-2005, 04:56 PM
At what point will the werewolf n00bs start a Wereworlf Character Fantasy Draft?

Raiders Army
07-27-2005, 05:00 PM
Werewolf X - Ways of the Fist
Sounds a lot like masturbation.

Eaglesfan27
07-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Oh, we're ALL dorks here. No question about that. But this seems to be above the call. ;)

I resemble that remark. ;)

Peregrine
07-27-2005, 05:26 PM

Pretty much what blade said, everyone else closes their eyes and the wolves open theirs and point to their victim, they don't really have a chance for much discussion.