PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Football update

maximus
08-18-2005, 10:57 PM
Most of you already probably gave up on this game but none-the-less I am still looking forward to it.

David Winter just posted an update and it involves the Gold Master or "final build" before release.

http://www.matrixgames.com/

Everyone.

I'm going to be gone for nearly a month starting on Saturday. I won't be back until the second week of September.

I'm going to be in Orlando on business. A few weeks ago I started a new job that takes me between Vancouver and Orlando a lot. Then I am getting married and going away for a couple of weeks.

I'm going to be providing a build to Matrix (and all testers) on Saturday (Aug 20). This I hope to make the GM based on any remaining Matrix feed back. Once we're okay on the GM we have some promotional artwork and packaging to finalize.

Thanks
David Winter

FBPro
08-18-2005, 11:06 PM
I haven't been holding my breath but will likely pick this one up anyway.....probably not without waiting a bit however for some feedback.

maximus
08-18-2005, 11:10 PM
I've heard (through some friends of mine) that MF is actually going to be pretty detailed. Utilities will or can be easily made I understand. I guess the stat keeping in the database is massive.

Galaril
08-22-2005, 11:20 PM
They have a good preview at GAMESPY:MX FOOTBALL PREVIEW (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/maximum-football/644124p1.html)

aran
08-22-2005, 11:56 PM
wow.. looking at it again, it may be worth a buy. Looks very interesting.

jbmagic
08-23-2005, 12:15 AM
this games looks promising.

hopefully it will sim great like FOF and have great graphics like Madden.

what ever happen to Divisons Rivals that one look good too.

maximus
08-23-2005, 12:46 AM
this games looks promising.

hopefully it will sim great like FOF and have great graphics like Madden.

what ever happen to Divisons Rivals that one look good too.

Mike & Chris (DR devs) took a few months off to relax. They are now both working on DR again. Mike says they are about 60-70% done.

A-Husker-4-Life
08-23-2005, 08:20 AM
It has customizable league size, sweet.... I've been looking for a FB game that allows this ever since FB pro 98... Now I'm going to have to buy it....

Philliesfan980
08-23-2005, 08:26 AM
It has customizable league size, sweet.... I've been looking for a FB game that allows this ever since FB pro 98... Now I'm going to have to buy it....

It's never going to come out.

bob
08-23-2005, 12:59 PM

Why do you say that? I'm sure you have a reason, I'm just curious, as I know very little about the history of this project.

digamma
08-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Why do you say that? I'm sure you have a reason, I'm just curious, as I know very little about the history of this project.
This thread probably sums it up best...

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/showthread.php?t=39620&highlight=maximum+football

But, if you do a search, similar threads go back a couple of years.

jeff061
08-23-2005, 01:08 PM
I figure if it's in the final aproval stage before sending it out for duplication the release can't be that far off can it?

rkmsuf
08-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Maximum Teasware

vex
08-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Bah. It has taken 4 or 5 years of development, and I've lost interest. Also, the career mode is only going to be a draft and retirement. No contracts or anything of that sort.
That's a game killer for sure.

Bee
08-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Maximum Teasware

we need a good tea game.

rkmsuf
08-23-2005, 01:15 PM
If it's in the tea, it's in the tea.

maximus
08-24-2005, 10:04 PM
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/maximum-football/644124p1.html

One thing about this article. The article states the following: "There's also a free agent drafting system and basic player salary and contract information."

This is not the case concerning salary negotiation or contract information. However, David Winters (MF dev) says the DB fields are there for that if anyone wants to build or create it.

Eaglesfan27
08-24-2005, 10:11 PM
One of the last lines was the most interesting. No release date has been set for Maximum Football.

maximus
08-24-2005, 10:16 PM
One of the last lines was the most interesting. No release date has been set for Maximum Football.

I personally know three beta testers for MF. All but one of them firmly believe that MF will be released late Sept 2005. They each have said that David is extremely picky with AI and how it handles play calling. From what I understand that is the only thing holding the game up. We'll see I guess.

sabotai
08-24-2005, 11:02 PM
I personally know three beta testers for MF. All but one of them firmly believe that MF will be released late Sept 2005. They each have said that David is extremely picky with AI and how it handles play calling. From what I understand that is the only thing holding the game up. We'll see I guess.
Well if that is really what is holding up the game....good. Glad to see someone who is picky about AI.

maximus
08-24-2005, 11:12 PM
Well if that is really what is holding up the game....good. Glad to see someone who is picky about AI.

Yeah, I was "siked" when I first heard that but I then began to wonder why it has taken nearly four years. :) Thats when I remember he has added a basic career mode - which is a good thing.

Everything else is very tight as I understand it. By that I mean the sim engine as far as stats & such. While the graphics aren't on par with Madden 2003-2006, they are on par with Madden 2001 (at least). Personally, I could care less about that. I mean - I do want graphics but I could care less about them being on par with Madden 2006.

IF most of Maximum Football works good (sim engine, stats, play calling, AI draft & tarde handling, ect) I hope some of the top dog utility makers here at FOFC come up with some nice ones for Maximum Football. And if the DB is as open as David says it is then salary and contract utilities should be fairly easy.

The one thing that does concern me a bit (and it has to do with graphics) and possibly field and weather conditions - is that there are only threee football fields in the game. That means each of the 32 (NFL format) stadiums will have to be made from scratch. This could hold up a lot of people buying the game since stadium factors will be an issue.

jbmagic
08-24-2005, 11:16 PM
too bad the salary is just basic.

no franchcise player, no restricted player. no unstricted players, contract negotiations, etc

maximus
08-24-2005, 11:18 PM
too bad the salary is just basic.

no franchcise player, no restricted player. no unstricted players, contract negotiations, etc

Thats what utilities wil be made for. ;)

jbmagic
08-24-2005, 11:27 PM
Thats what utilities wil be made for. ;)

cool,

hopefully the third party utilities will work out great.

but i am afraid a lot people might just wait to see if the utilities will make the salary part of the game great then.

a very basic salary system dont sound great yet.

HomerJSimpson
08-25-2005, 07:09 AM
cool,

hopefully the third party utilities will work out great.

but i am afraid a lot people might just wait to see if the utilities will make the salary part of the game great then.

a very basic salary system dont sound great yet.

I agree, but I'll probably end up buying it anyway. There is such a big need for this kind of game, I'll buy in hopes that he'll add stuff later. I'm not a big fan of hoping third-party developers will make the game better.

Philliesfan980
08-25-2005, 07:24 AM
It just doesn't seem to me that David Winters is really 100% dedicated to this game, thats just my overall gut feeling.

Eaglesfan27
08-25-2005, 08:23 AM
It just doesn't seem to me that David Winters is really 100% dedicated to this game, thats just my overall gut feeling.
Same here. That is why I won't buy it just to support further development.

Bee
08-25-2005, 08:49 AM
I've bought games in the past to support developers that I think are really committed and have the potential to develop games that I would like, but I'm with Eaglesfan27 on this one.

vex
08-25-2005, 08:50 AM
My problem is when you leave out major features, just because you're assuming someone else will do it for you.

Karim
08-25-2005, 12:35 PM
The ability to create custom league sizes is something I've wished for for ages so I'll have to give this game a look once it comes out.

But this thing has been in the background for ages so who knows...

Riggins44
08-25-2005, 02:07 PM

Oh, you'll regret you said that in a few years mister ;)

ice4277
08-25-2005, 02:08 PM
Name me one game that has been this long in development, with this little of an actual working model seen, that has turned out to be a quality product.

gstelmack
08-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Name me one game that has been this long in development, with this little of an actual working model seen, that has turned out to be a quality product.
Half Life 2?

JeffR
08-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Must be close, they just posted a call for beta testers for a final round of testing:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=931939

QuikSand
09-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Close, indeed.

Anyone know anything about this? I would really be interested in a solid new entry into the football sim market -- but there's honestly so little to go on here, it's more than a bit frustrating.

QuikSand
09-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Must be very, very close.

FrogMan
09-26-2005, 02:50 PM
indeed

FM

maximus
09-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Close, indeed.

Anyone know anything about this? I would really be interested in a solid new entry into the football sim market -- but there's honestly so little to go on here, it's more than a bit frustrating.

I am on the beta team.

QuikSand, you have a PM by the way.