PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2006 PSP : franchise mode

Darkiller
08-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Does anyone know how "long" the franchise mode on the PSP version last ?
5, 10, 30 seasons ? forever ?

Thanks for the answer.

SackAttack
08-19-2005, 04:54 PM
With 4x as much memory on the standard memory card, no reason it can't last at least as long as the PS2 version...unless franchise mode requires more disc access.

dervack
08-19-2005, 07:34 PM
I hope it's 30. I'm really looking foward to this game. Since it's compatible with the PS2 version, and can play your franchise on the road, I would imagine it's 30. But I guess we have a month to wait.

Darkiller
08-20-2005, 05:28 AM
ok, thanks for the inputs.

SegRat
08-21-2005, 07:09 PM
Doesnt say how many seasons you can play, but I thought a good read about the PSP version.

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/sports/maddennfl2006/preview_6131287.html

dervack
08-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Doesnt say how many seasons you can play, but I thought a good read about the PSP version.

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/sports/maddennfl2006/preview_6131287.html
That preview was actually pretty nice. It's the first one that made me feel justified in pre-ordering it.

Icy
08-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Is the college game going to be released for psp too? if so i could consider buying one. I don't want a Playstation as for playing on big screens i preffer the PC, but to have a small toy where i can play NCAA and Madden could be a good idea. I feel so alone when i sit at the WC without something else to do...

dervack
08-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Is the college game going to be released for psp too? if so i could consider buying one. I don't want a Playstation as for playing on big screens i preffer the PC, but to have a small toy where i can play NCAA and Madden could be a good idea. I feel so alone when i sit at the WC without something else to do...
Maybe next year. This year is a no. It seems EA is really getting into the PSP. That being said, Tiger Woods 2006 for all systems including next-gen will, for the first time, have Cog Hill's dubsdread course in it, except the PSP version. Doh. My home course too.

Also, Football Manager will be ok next spring on the PSP, and I have it on good authority that Gran Turismo will be one the system before my first child is born. Of course, that could be within the next few years as I need to get a new girlfriend first.

SegRat
08-30-2005, 11:05 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/ has a Damion Banks Interview for Madden PSP. He says full franchise mode that can last 30 seasons.

This is great news for Madden PSP and a must have.

MizzouRah
08-30-2005, 11:20 AM
With the load times the psp has with just about every game, you might want to wait. I would DEFINITLY NOT buy a psp until you go and see just how bad some of the game load times are.

Just my $0.02 and speaking from experience. :)

SegRat
08-30-2005, 12:02 PM
I have the psp. Load times do suck, but I will deal with them. I got rid of my ps2 when the psp came out. So I have no choice but to deal with them.

MizzouRah
08-30-2005, 12:23 PM
I have the psp. Load times do suck, but I will deal with them. I got rid of my ps2 when the psp came out. So I have no choice but to deal with them.
I got rid of my Xbox, but luckily I still have a ps2. Ok, it's my daughters, but I can play it when she's not. :D

dervack
08-30-2005, 02:46 PM
With the load times the psp has with just about every game, you might want to wait. I would DEFINITLY NOT buy a psp until you go and see just how bad some of the game load times are.

Just my $0.02 and speaking from experience. :)
The load times on MLB don't really bother me all that much. It's not like it takes 10 minutes to play the game. I'm willing to bet the load times from the PSP version of Madden and the PS2 version won't be that much different, nor will it be that much different from the PC version.

MizzouRah
08-30-2005, 03:14 PM
The load times on MLB don't really bother me all that much. It's not like it takes 10 minutes to play the game. I'm willing to bet the load times from the PSP version of Madden and the PS2 version won't be that much different, nor will it be that much different from the PC version.
Have you watched the video where it pauses between each play? That is DEFINITLY not in the ps2 version.

SegRat
08-30-2005, 03:34 PM
To me I dont think a pause will bother me much, but that is just me.

dervack
08-30-2005, 05:51 PM
Have you watched the video where it pauses between each play? That is DEFINITLY not in the ps2 version.
You do relaize that's a beta version?

MizzouRah
08-30-2005, 09:18 PM
You do relaize that's a beta version?
Yes I sure do. I also realize no game I owned for the psp didn't have a pause in between plays, sports game wise (including racing games). I don't think the psp will ever be able to handle a graphical intense game without having noticeable pauses.

It wasn't my sole reason of selling it, but it was right up there with "my eyes hurt after playing for awhile", but that's because I'm getting old. If you tell me Madden will not have noticeable pauses, by that I mean that it's mentioned in reviews, I think you're kidding yourself. Hopefully they find a way to make it run smoothly, but I'm not betting on it.

Darkiller
08-31-2005, 07:36 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/ has a Damion Banks Interview for Madden PSP. He says full franchise mode that can last 30 seasons.

This is great news for Madden PSP and a must have.

good news :)

Philliesfan980
08-31-2005, 10:07 AM
Does anyone want to buy my PSP? Played it about 2x, comes with MVP 2005.

terpkristin
08-31-2005, 10:19 AM
How much are you selling it for, Philliesfan?

/tk

Philliesfan980
08-31-2005, 10:50 AM
How much are you selling it for, Philliesfan?

/tk

Well, lets see, I have the PSP Bundle pack which retails for $249.99. When I say barely used, it really is BARELY used. (As mentioned I only played it 2x, maybe 1 hour total). Part of the deal is that you have to take MVP baseball with it because I don't feel like selling the rest on Ebay. Thats going for $49.95 new.

Lets see...

How about the PSP @ 80% ($200)
and MVP @ 70% (since I'm basically forcing you to buy it) $35

$245 shipped.

Does that sound reasonable? I'm really not trying to rip anyone off, so just let me know.

terpkristin
08-31-2005, 10:52 AM
Phillies, I'll buy it off of you if you're really trying to get rid of it.

PM me or email [email protected]

(remove my.tonsils to get me)

/tk

SegRat
09-08-2005, 03:28 PM
New Preview up here:http://www.gamespot.com/psp/sports/maddennfl2006/preview_6132631-2.html When playing the weekly games on your schedule, you have a number of options. You can simply simulate the games and let the CPU work out the end result; you can play the games out yourself; or you can use Madden 06's total-control simulation, which lets you call the plays on both offense and defense through a simplified menu screen so you can then read the results as they happen. It's not exactly gripping, but it's definitely a good way to speed through a game. If you don't like how things are going in the simulation, you can choose to jump into the game to take over.

Sounds like FOF

dervack
09-08-2005, 03:47 PM
The preview made me want to purchase this game more. More features than either console version, have? Sign me up.

SegRat
09-08-2005, 04:25 PM
I have mine preordered. I friend of mine is buying his PSP when Madden is released. He was convinced after seeing some of the previews and also seeing how easy it is to put a movie on the memory stick using PSP Movie Creator.

msf518
09-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Maybe next year. This year is a no. It seems EA is really getting into the PSP. That being said, Tiger Woods 2006 for all systems including next-gen will, for the first time, have Cog Hill's dubsdread course in it, except the PSP version. Doh. My home course too.

Also, Football Manager will be ok next spring on the PSP, and I have it on good authority that Gran Turismo will be one the system before my first child is born. Of course, that could be within the next few years as I need to get a new girlfriend first.

Cog Hill was in Tiger Woods 2001, at least, and was a regular course for a couple years in the game if I recall correctly.

dervack
09-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Cog Hill was in Tiger Woods 2001, at least, and was a regular course for a couple years in the game if I recall correctly.
You might be right, but I don't recall Cog Hill on the console versions of the past.