PDA

View Full Version : Draft Util.

PackerFanatic
08-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Wondering if someone could help me. I was browsing the forums one day and I found a draft util. that allows you to do different things with FOF draft files (there were a few links in the post) and now I have no idea where it was. Anyone able to lead me in the right direction?

Cuckoo
08-19-2005, 06:57 PM
Check the reference thread up top. If people use it, odds are it's in there.

fantastic flying froggies
08-20-2005, 03:19 AM
probably the FOF extractor suite by Greg, gstelmack here, which you can get off his site:

http://www.gstelmack.com/fofextractor.htm

and the discussion in the thread here:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/showthread.php?t=21296

gstelmack
08-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Check the reference thread up top. If people use it, odds are it's in there.
It's in there, but it's still called just "FOF Extractor". Since it's gone to a suite, it needs to be something like "FOF Extractor Suite, including Extractor, Draft Analyzer, Log File Processor (coming soon!), and Interrogator (coming soon!)". Then people hunting for the "draft utility" would be more likely to find it.

gottimd
08-20-2005, 12:05 PM
what is interrogator?

PackerFanatic
08-20-2005, 01:28 PM
Thanks much, I will use that reference thread from now on, heh. Thanks again!

gstelmack
08-20-2005, 02:44 PM
what is interrogator?
It's the other utility I've talked about briefly in a couple of other threads that I'm working on. Plan is to convert .FGA files to a bunch of CSV files that can be processed more easily by other utilities, turned into web info, etc. All without disclosing any of the "hidden" information that's in the FGA file, like actual player attributes.

That's assuming, of course, I can figure out the FGA file. I've got the spreadsheet that Fido started on a while back, and I've figured out most of the first section (there are a few bits that look like I may have to go back to later, but for the moment I can grab e-mails, the transaction list, cap info, etc), but it's slow going. I've just hit the Offers section and what I get back using the spreadsheet layout is complete junk, and what I see in the binary doesn't look like it comes anywhere close to the spreadsheet, so we'll see how long it takes.

I may do a preliminary release soon that has the full version of LogFileProcessor and as much of Interrogator as I have working, and then keep adding to Interrogator as I make progress.