PDA

View Full Version : Title Bout 2 Pre-released

BYU 14
08-20-2005, 01:04 PM
Details at OOTP Developments, great news if you own version 1.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=105949

maximus
08-20-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm downloading now. :)

Galaril
08-20-2005, 01:26 PM
No career mode still right?

maximus
08-20-2005, 01:28 PM
No career mode still right?

No but it is much easier to actually create one this time. IMO at least.

Galaril
08-20-2005, 01:31 PM
No but it is much easier to actually create one this time. IMO at least.

In other words no. :(

maximus
08-20-2005, 01:54 PM
In other words no. :(

Correct. I too was upset but but when I opened up TCB2 and began to llok around, I noticed that it is going to be much easler to navigate around and change things/settings. In fact, I am already further along creating my career then I was in TCB1 at this point and I just bought the game today. :)

Galaril
08-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Is there a demo yet? I remember there not being a demo for the first one I think.

sabotai
08-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Is there a demo yet? I remember there not being a demo for the first one I think.
Not yet (if there will be one). Just this pre-release offer for previous owners (so if you didn't buy the first one, you can't buy this one yet).

BYU 14
08-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Not yet (if there will be one). Just this pre-release offer for previous owners (so if you didn't buy the first one, you can't buy this one yet).

Actually on the download you have the chance to play a free trial, so you can try it first.

sabotai
08-20-2005, 02:16 PM
Actually on the download you have the chance to play a free trial, so you can try it first.
Ah, my mistake.

maximus
08-20-2005, 04:38 PM
How do you like it so far sabotai?

PilotMan
08-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Wow, that price is hard to beat. That will probably clinch the purchase for me.

Any other reviews of the game?

Airhog
08-20-2005, 06:52 PM
no dynasty mode just kills the game for me

sabotai
08-20-2005, 09:11 PM
How do you like it so far sabotai?
I actually haven't had much time to sit down and just play it. I'm on the beta team so all I've been doing so far is trying to break it, basically. I'm going to give it a real go at it this week. Probably restart my historic replay and see from there. So far, with what I have done with it, it's far better than TB1. The fights are more realistic instead of obviously being a computerized paper and dice game. The record keeping and history are leaps and bounds ahead of the last one (basically making a utility I made for TB1 obsolete).

The people who liked the first one, but found it kind of labor intensive will be very pleased with it. Those still waiting for the RP game will still be waiting (but this didn't slow down the progress towards the RP game since everything done for TB2 would have been done anyway).

Anyway, I'll give a more informed review later. (Pressed for time right now)

Icy
08-20-2005, 09:45 PM

Same, no career games are useless for me. I would love a boxing career game like the old World Championship Boxing Manager from 1998, would buy it asap. Btw, just found this on the web, anyboldy tried it?
http://www.winterwolves.com/universalboxingmanager.htm

Airhog
08-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Don't waste your time with that game. It sucks ass. I was able to start a new game and immediately sign the top fighter, even with low prestige. Way to unrealistic if you ask me...

Bee
08-22-2005, 11:28 AM

ditto. It's really a shame they decided to not go with the career mode this release. :(

Galaril
08-31-2005, 11:24 PM
Anymore reviews of this. I have been looking at the mesage board and it still sounds like a very, very micro management game. This is ok as long a sI don't have to conducted regular database edits just to play.

condors
09-01-2005, 05:51 AM
the thing that bothers me is i wasn't unhappy with the last version as a boxing simulator. I felt add a career mode to this and i am in heaven. I will still load the game up and do some "what if" tyson vs ali (i love watching ali whoop him)

hopefully they get it in there for the next version