PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Team Opinion

azjoe_02
08-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Just had my team auto-drafted and would like your opinion on my team. I know football, but seem to lose year after year in fantasy football. So, if I can get your input, maybe I can do a little better. Keep in mind that this is Yahoo, standard rules. Thanks.

QB B. Leftwich
WR T. Owens
WR D. Bennett
WR C. Chambers
RB E. James
RB C. Dillon
TE E. Johnson

BN RB - S. Jackson
BN WR - L. Evans
BN WR - E. Kennison
BN QB - C. Pennington
BN TE - Da. Clark

K - M. Stover
DEF - Tampa Bay
BN DEF - Seattle

Maple Leafs
08-20-2005, 08:49 PM
How many teams in your league?

azjoe_02
08-20-2005, 08:50 PM
10 teams...

stevew
08-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Eddgerin James will destroy your fantasy football team. Write it down.

azjoe_02
08-20-2005, 08:53 PM
so....you would try to trade him? for who?

Maple Leafs
08-21-2005, 08:17 AM
The Dillon/James combo is very solid, and I think Jackson will be a fine backup. The WR corps obviously lives or dies based on the Owens situation. I think your weakness will be Leftwich -- he's not a QB1 in a ten-team league, and Pennington isn't much better. Even though it's wise to wait on a QB, you probably want someone in the Plummer/Brady range.

Don't worry about James, he'll be fine.

Raven
08-21-2005, 04:53 PM
No offense, but I think your team might struggle with that lineup.

As Sean said, Leftwich isn't a #1 fantasy QB in a 10 team league. He is somewhere around #16-22 in QB rankings. Pennington is maybe a little better, but being just a few notches higher.

You should be happy with your RBs. I'd start any combination of the three.

If T.O plays, he will be a stud, if he doesn't you are screwed. I like Bennett (he is my #3WR in a 10 team league), but will McNair be able to get him the ball like Volek did? Chambers will probably struggle a bit with Frerotte at QB. Evans is a nice deep threat, but he probably isn't a solid #2 either. Kennison isn't bad, but KC spreads those TDs around so much, you never know how many he will have.

Your TE's aren't bad at all. You didn't get one of the top 6, but your probably got two of the top 10.

TB and Stover are both probably #7-10 at their position. Not bad, but not great either.

Jets80
08-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Start Pennington over Leftwich. New Jets offense this season, Pennington will lite it up .

jamesUMD
08-21-2005, 08:33 PM
I actually think Edge will have agreat year. The focus after last year has got to be Manning. I could see James flying under the radar and have a very good year.

Izulde
08-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Who the fuck does Chambers have throwing to him? I mean yeah, great receiver and all... but come on man, I'd take the other former Badger, Evans, over Chambers. Losman is better than whatever tripe my 'Fins are going to throw out there at QB.

azjoe_02
08-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. I just dropped TE Eric Johnson and picked up JJ Arrington of the Cardinals. I would like to cement my QB and WR positions. I do not feel to confident in hoping that Leftwich is gonna breakout and Pennington has never really been too impressive to me. Though he may do better with Coles being back in town. Chambers is a pretty good receiver, but Izulde is right, he has no one to toss him the ball.

azjoe_02
08-21-2005, 11:23 PM
OK, here is a quick list of some guys that are able to be picked up. Should I drop someone and grab anyone of these guys?

QB's available: K. Warner, E. Manning, D. Carr
WR's available: A. Bryant, D. Patten, T. Taylor, B. Edwards

Raven
08-22-2005, 12:30 AM
Arrington was a good pickup. If he does well, you have solid trade bait at RB.

I'd say Carr, Pennington, Leftwich and Warner are roughly the same. I'd lean towards Carr, but don't know if I'd drop one of the other guys to get him. Eli is the least valuable of the group in my opinion. Leftwich is streaky: 2 TDs one week, 0 the next (iirc from last year). Warner is iffy, but has two solid receivers in Fitzgerald and Boldin, but not sure if he is too old or not. Pennington I've never been a fan of. I think Carr is an up and coming QB with Andre Johnson and the receiving ability of Dom Davis. Tough call there.

Those receivers aren't much better than your current group, though I think Antonio Bryant could be a nice sleeper pick in Cle, but I don't know who you'd drop if you wanted him. Patten is a nice deep threat, but is probably the same as Lee Evans in that regard.

timmynausea
08-22-2005, 12:42 AM
It's kind of weird that you just happened to get two Marshall quarterbacks. You're doomed.

MrBigglesworth
08-22-2005, 01:01 PM
I was wondering if someone could give their opinion of my team as well. 10 team league, receptions are a point each:

QB Brooks
WR R. Moss
WR Chad Johnson
WR D Jackson
RB Holmes
RB Bell/Anderson
TE Gonzalez
K Wilkins

QB Carr
QB E. Manning
RB Taylor
RB Bennett
WR Rod Smith
WR S. Moss
WR Re. Williams
WR Lloyd
WR Gaffney
TE Graham

Honolulu_Blue
08-22-2005, 01:06 PM
OK, here is a quick list of some guys that are able to be picked up. Should I drop someone and grab anyone of these guys?

QB's available: K. Warner, E. Manning, D. Carr
WR's available: A. Bryant, D. Patten, T. Taylor, B. Edwards
I think Kurt Warner is going to have a decent year. Denis Green has coached some high-powered offenses, he's got very good receivers, and he has at least six games against poopy defenses (Rams, Seahawks, and 49ers). I like either Carr or Warner over Leftwhich.

rkmsuf
08-22-2005, 01:07 PM
I think Kurt Warner is going to have a decent year. Denis Green has coached some high-powered offenses, he's got very good receivers, and he has at least six games against poopy defenses (Rams, Seahawks, and 49ers). I like either Carr or Warner over Leftwhich.

I'm a little concerned after seeing the Cardinals first team a couple times. That line up the middlle has been worse than awful. If they don't improve Warner is toast back there.

stevew
08-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Keep your eyes on Willie Parker, RB, Steelers. If he gets in the game for an extended stretch, he might become the new starter. He has explosive speed. Then again, he will lose carries to Bettis in the Red Zone.

rkmsuf
08-22-2005, 02:48 PM
I love that you capitalized Red Zone.

gottimd
08-22-2005, 02:49 PM

Is that the place where all the Russians are?

stevew
08-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Just like the Deodorant.

flere-imsaho
08-22-2005, 03:00 PM
I was wondering if someone could give their opinion of my team as well. 10 team league, receptions are a point each:

QB Brooks
WR R. Moss
WR Chad Johnson
WR D Jackson
RB Holmes
RB Bell/Anderson
TE Gonzalez
K Wilkins

QB Carr
QB E. Manning
RB Taylor
RB Bennett
WR Rod Smith
WR S. Moss
WR Re. Williams
WR Lloyd
WR Gaffney
TE Graham

Hey look! The All-Injury RB Corps! :p

QB: Brooks can be OK, but not in a league where you lose a lot of points for fumbles and INTs. If that's the case, I'd switch him up with Carr based on who's got the better matchup.

RB: Enormous potential. And I'll bet you'll get some decent trade offers. But yeah, any one of those 4 guys could really carry your team this year. You need to be watching the updates every day for injury issues.

WR: I like this group. Moss will have a good year, as usual, and Johnson should also have a good year, as that offense is progressing. I also think Jackson's primed for a comeback year. Not so hot on your backups, but I think what you want most in backups are either reliable players who will score some points each week or sleepers. You have a bit of both.

TE: Gonzalez is the no-brainer, of course. I'd think about dropping Graham for Ben Watson, who, by all camp accounts, looks primed to take the starting role away from him.

K: Wilkins is always a solid choice. High-powered offense, 1/2 of his games in a dome.

Overall: Not bad, but you're going to need some luck.

Raven
08-22-2005, 10:11 PM

QB Brooks
WR R. Moss
WR Chad Johnson
WR D Jackson
RB Holmes
RB Bell/Anderson
TE Gonzalez
K Wilkins

QB Carr
QB E. Manning
RB Taylor
RB Bennett
WR Rod Smith
WR S. Moss
WR Re. Williams
WR Lloyd
WR Gaffney
TE Graham

Your starting lineup is pretty decent, and might get you to the playoffs. You could be slightly better at QB though. I have the same two QBs, but in a 12 team league and didn't draft them until rounds 9 and 11.

I'd dump Eli Manning and try to get Mewelde Moore. Bennett is incredibly fast and a potential big play-maker, but he is fragile, and I think Moore will take that job eventually. Plan on Moore riding the bench for a few games though, you'll have to wait him out. Manning isn't going to put up Peyton numbers this year, so why keep 3 QBs when you could hold on to a sleeper in Moore? If he isn't available, you might want to take a look at T.J. Duckett , or a rookie RB like Eric Shelton of Carolina or Ronnie Brown (if available).

Reggie Williams, Lloyd and Gaffney are wasting space on your bench. Gaffney and Williams are possession receivers, but I'd drop either for a guy like Keyshawn Johnson or Rod Gardner (either may be a FA in your league).

If I were you, i'd work on making my bench as strong as possible.

MrBigglesworth
08-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Your starting lineup is pretty decent, and might get you to the playoffs. You could be slightly better at QB though. I have the same two QBs, but in a 12 team league and didn't draft them until rounds 9 and 11.

I'd dump Eli Manning and try to get Mewelde Moore. Bennett is incredibly fast and a potential big play-maker, but he is fragile, and I think Moore will take that job eventually. Plan on Moore riding the bench for a few games though, you'll have to wait him out. Manning isn't going to put up Peyton numbers this year, so why keep 3 QBs when you could hold on to a sleeper in Moore? If he isn't available, you might want to take a look at T.J. Duckett , or a rookie RB like Eric Shelton of Carolina or Ronnie Brown (if available).

Reggie Williams, Lloyd and Gaffney are wasting space on your bench. Gaffney and Williams are possession receivers, but I'd drop either for a guy like Keyshawn Johnson or Rod Gardner (either may be a FA in your league).

If I were you, i'd work on making my bench as strong as possible.
All those guys are off the board. I got Brooks and Carr in the 9th and 11th rounds as well.

DaddyTorgo
08-22-2005, 10:55 PM
okay, since this got bumped back up, i'd like to ask people's opinion on my team. this was my first year playing, and it's an 8-team league with my family (i know, 8 is pretty small). Anyways, whaddya think of this.

I had pick #6.

QB: Marc Bulger
RB: Ahman Green
RB/WR: Edge
WR: T.O.
WR: Michael Clayton
TE: Jeremy Shockey
Defense: Redskins
K: Ryan Longwell

Bench
Matt Hasselbeck QB
Kevin Jones RB (will quite probably end up starting a bunch over Ahman)
Drew Bennett WR
Jerry Porter WR
Anquan Boldin WR
Plaxico Burress WR
Eddie Kennison WR
Broncos Defense

i know i'm heavy on WR's, but with the questionable status of T.O. I wanted to load up on them, figuring at least a couple will breakout and be possible trade-bait.

another question. My "brilliant" father drafted both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in back to back rounds. Does that make ANY sense to anyone with experience? Cuz it made no sense to any of us.

Raven
08-22-2005, 11:01 PM
All those guys are off the board. I got Brooks and Carr in the 9th and 11th rounds as well.

Antonio Bryant.
Eric Parker or Reche Caldwell of SD.
any rookie RB left?

MrBigglesworth
08-22-2005, 11:23 PM
Antonio Bryant.
Eric Parker or Reche Caldwell of SD.
any rookie RB left?
All gone :)

flere-imsaho
08-23-2005, 08:49 AM
QB: Marc Bulger
RB: Ahman Green
RB/WR: Edge
WR: T.O.
WR: Michael Clayton
TE: Jeremy Shockey
Defense: Redskins
K: Ryan Longwell

Bench
Matt Hasselbeck QB
Kevin Jones RB (will quite probably end up starting a bunch over Ahman)
Drew Bennett WR
Jerry Porter WR
Anquan Boldin WR
Plaxico Burress WR
Eddie Kennison WR
Broncos Defense

QB: Both are pretty high-risk, high-reward. While Bulger should light things up and provide pretty good numbers for you, I feel that at some point the Rams are just going to implode. Hasselbeck's a decent backup. If he ever really breaks out, you should have some decent trade bait on your hands. Heck, some weeks he's even worth a start over Bulger.

RB: I'm an Edge fan. He piled on the numbers last year while the passing game got all the attention, and I think he'll do that again this year. Good pick. Ahman I'm not so hot on. The Pack are slowly disentegrating, and they lost a lot on the O-Line this year. I think you're right that you'll be starting Kevin Jones a lot. He had a very good end to last season and if either Harrington or Garcia can make the passing game work defenses are going to have their hands full with that.

WR: Wow, very high-risk, high-reward. If T.O.'s off-season stuff doesn't carry over, then he'll have another very good year. If Tampa Bay can revitalize their offense, Clayton should have another good year, although now that he's the #1 receiving threat, I think he's due for a step back. If the QB situation in Tennessee gets sorted out (will McNair play? How well?), Bennett is a good starter for you. If Porter can recover from his injuries, stay healthy and develop a good rapport with Collins, then he could be huge. If Warner's any good and Boldin hasn't lost too much from injury/holding out, he could be good, though Fitzgerald could certainly take over. If Eli doesn't suck, Burress could have a big year. And Kennison will have another mediocre season. Anyway, good luck with this WR group. They'll either win you the league or you'll hate them by Week 5. :)

TE: I don't even consider drafting Shockey in my FF leagues. I want to see him consistently deliver on his potential before I'll believe the hype. Plus, he's got Manning as his QB, who still needs another season or so before he'll be decent. Of course, there's only a limited number of TEs out there who are going to produce this year. Who are available, post-draft, for you? I might drop a WR for a TE prospect, such as Ben Troupe or Ben Watson, who could end up having better seasons than Shockey.

K: Yep, good pick. When Ahman fumbles on the 1 yard line (but a lineman recovers) you'll be glad that you also have Longwell. :p

Defenses: Good choices. I'd guess you'll end up using Denver more than Washington.

another question. My "brilliant" father drafted both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in back to back rounds. Does that make ANY sense to anyone with experience? Cuz it made no sense to any of us.

I can't say that makes any sense to me.