PDA

View Full Version : Sharon Osbourne vs. Iron Maiden

Nwobhm
08-21-2005, 04:02 PM
From: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=40691

BLABBERMOUTH.NET has received a number of e-mails regarding last night's (August 20) Ozzfest concert in Devore (near San Bernardino), California, which reportedly included an on-stage appearance following IRON MAIDEN's set by Sharon Osbourne during which she called MAIDEN vocalist Bruce Dickinson a "prick." The following report was submitted by David Priest, editor-in-chief of On Track Magazine:

"Last night's [August 20] headlining performance of IRON MAIDEN at Ozzfest in San Bernardino, CA rendered some interesting, if not disturbing, results. Although MAIDEN played one hell of a show, they were under attack from the moment they began their set. From the time they hit the stage, they suffered power loss on at least three occasions and they were continuously pelted with ice, bottle caps, and eggs, among other things. Vocalist Bruce Dickinson was even spit on by one attendee. He seemed to believe these occurrences were not by accident and insinuated that they had been planned from the beginning of the night [Download MP3 files of Bruce's on-stage rants at last night's Ozzfest: Bruce#1, Bruce#2]. He also encouraged the other audience members to break the arm of anyone that they saw throwing things their way. Upon concluding their performance, the emcee for the evening began to chant Ozzy, Ozzy while Bruce was still speaking. Bruce retaliated by chanting MAIDEN. After he left the stage, Sharon Osbourne took over the mic and informed the crowd that they absolutely loved IRON MAIDEN and their crew and stated that they were all wonderful but that their singer Bruce Dickinson was a prick and had disrespected Ozzfest since they began their stint with the touring summer festival [Download MP3 file of Sharon's anti-Bruce rant at this location]. This, of course, came as a shock to those of us in attendance and the there was ample confusion and speculation from audience members there after. As previously announced, last night's show marked the final performance of IRON MAIDEN on this year's Ozzfest. VELVET REVOLVER will be taking over their slot on the last remaining dates."

I've always hated sharon, but this is a new low. People paid good money to come and see maiden perform, not to see their set get ruined due to some vendetta she has against bruce dickinson. Everything that happened last night was orchestrated by sharon if you read the whole article from the blabbermouth.net site, including the singer's mic getting cut out 4 times, and the egg throwing. Security was patting down everybody who walked in, so the eggs weren't brought in by the public. In fact, some witnesses said kelly osbourne was one of the egg throwers. With ozzy's inability to perform this summer, and all this nonsense going on, this might be the last ozzfest.

Joe
08-21-2005, 04:21 PM
they all suck

Tekneek
08-21-2005, 04:24 PM
they all suck

No kidding. How did they sell enough tickets to even put on a tour? ;)

duckman
08-21-2005, 04:37 PM
they all suck
Oh yeah, you suck too! :p

Hurst2112
08-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Maiden Rules....

more than Ozzy

JonInMiddleGA
08-21-2005, 04:45 PM
What Hurst said.

duckman
08-21-2005, 04:53 PM
I like both Maiden and Ozzy, but I guess I'm just weird. :D

JonInMiddleGA
08-21-2005, 06:46 PM
I like both Maiden and Ozzy, but I guess I'm just weird. :D

Not really, I didn't say I didn't like both of them, I just don't think there's much comparing the two acts in terms of overall ability.

Ozzy is important for who he is & what he's meant overall.
Maiden matters because they're about as good a group as has ever existed period.

Hurst2112
08-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Not really, I didn't say I didn't like both of them, I just don't think there's much comparing the two acts in terms of overall ability.

Ozzy is important for who he is & what he's meant overall.
Maiden matters because they're about as good a group as has ever existed period.

threadjack:

you, me and ksyrup need to live in a TRI-plex!

metal!

seriously, I grew up with ozzy. parents were young enough to have black sabbath albums in my home when i was wee. He (and they) are a big parts of my life.

I found maiden through my aunt who also introduced me to rush when I was 3. learning that maiden was influenced by rush, who were influenced by sabbath, i felt i had a grasp on a major vein of music for years to come.

that being said, I have lost my relationship with sabbath and ozzy. i like ozzy's solo stuff (to a point) and feel he is not as dumb as people think he is. he knows where his bread is buttered...his wife.

maiden has always been there for me and most metal maniacs. while their newer stuff isn't as powerful, they still put on a kick ass show and are pretty true to the things that got them where they are today.

and they're still ugly as ever.

im sorry that they (especially nikko, one of my drumming heroes) had to put up with that whole ordeal.

condors
08-22-2005, 06:30 AM
I like Ozzy seen him twice live

Iron Maiden i saw once and it was one of the best concerts i have ever seen helped alot that my favorite band Queensryche opened up for them

Ksyrup
08-22-2005, 06:39 AM
I've never been much of an Ozzy fan, although Diary of a Madman was one of the first albums I ever bought. I saw Maiden on the Somewhere in Time tour, with Yngwie Malmsteen opening. I wrote my senior English paper on Rime of the Ancient Mariner, and used IM's song as the Cliff's Notes. Speaking of which:

hxxp://www.spazoutny.com/ironmaiden.htm

A-Husker-4-Life
08-22-2005, 08:35 AM
I have to ask the question "What would Ozzy do..????"

Cards4ever
08-22-2005, 02:26 PM
Iron Maiden was influenced by Rush? I think you may need to read "Run to the Hills" The Official IM Biography, cause Steve Harris was not influenced by Rush.

rkmsuf
08-22-2005, 02:30 PM
this is so 25 years ago

Cards4ever
08-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Hey, we all can't like the same kind of music can we?

Anthony
08-22-2005, 02:39 PM
one time when i quit my job by running away from them i was singing "Run To The Hills" as i ran home. i was in college during the time.

Hurst2112
08-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Iron Maiden was influenced by Rush? I think you may need to read "Run to the Hills" The Official IM Biography, cause Steve Harris was not influenced by Rush.

Sorry, should have been more specific....geddy lee.

I will find the quote tonight. This is from a F.A.Q.

"For Steve's bass playing: Chris Squire, Mike Rutherford, Geddy Lee, Andy
Fraser, John Entwistle."