PDA

View Full Version : [POKER] A winner is me!

Pumpy Tudors
08-21-2005, 10:59 PM
No, I didn't win a big tournament or anything, but Full Tilt Poker is giving away $10,000 each day in August. Each player gets entries based on the number of ring game hands they've played. Every single day, one player wins $2,000, one player wins $1,000, 15 players win $100, and 110 players win $50. Just a little while ago, I saw the following message in the chat window while I was playing:

System: The following Tilters are the latest winners
in today's "$10K A Day" drawing, pocketing $50
each: PokerUpdates, Ncatr, anday, AMD_313
and Pumpy Tudors.

It ain't much, but it's a nice little bonus. I'm going to keep playing and try to win some more.

Lathum
08-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Sweet, maybe it will help you buy a life in Greensburg :)

GreenMonster
08-21-2005, 11:32 PM
Sweet, maybe it will help you buy a life in Greensburg :)

This coming from Carrollton Ga?

Subby
08-22-2005, 08:07 AM
Congrats on the win...

How do you like Full Tilt? Back in my whoring days I stayed away from there because the bonus clearing rate was so ridiculous, but it seems like they have done a nice job of building brand loyalty...

JeeberD
08-22-2005, 08:11 AM

Ga?

Radii
08-22-2005, 08:12 AM
Free money is free money, congrats :) I'm curious about Full Tilt as well.

henry296
08-22-2005, 08:13 AM

Except, Lathum is in Carrollton, TX.

GreenMonster
08-22-2005, 08:23 AM
Except, Lathum is in Carrollton, TX.

Just checking because, Carrollton Ga. is a dump...

Pumpy Tudors
08-22-2005, 12:39 PM
To answer the questions about Full Tilt, I can tell you a few things about it right now:

There is usually at least one 5/10 and one 3/6 game going on, sometimes up to three or four of each. Most of the action is at 1/2 limit or the NL games up to 1/2. Occasionally, you'll find folks playing the 5/10 NL, although they don't usually pop up unless one of the pros is playing. For instance, there were two tables of 5/10 NL going on Friday night, but that's because Phil Ivey and Mike Matusow were playing. The sit-n-go's are very nice, I hear, although I don't play those much. There are always MTT's going on (not nearly as many as Party and not quite as many as Stars), which some of the pros also play. If you knock a pro out of a tournament, you collect a bounty equal to the buy-in. It's a nice perk.

If you're just looking to bonus whore, I wouldn't play limit there I was lucky enough to find lots of action at 2/4 and above, or if I could multitable 1/2 for six hours a day. You just can't clear the bonus very efficiently. On the bright side, they do pay the bonus out in $20 increments, so you don't necessarily need to clear the whole thing.

I play on Full Tilt because I adore the interface. For the past six weeks, I've played pot-limit Omaha almost exclusively, and the player base at .05/.10 PLO is so small at Full Tilt that I have gotten to know the playing style of many of the players. In addition, Omaha is so easy for anyone who has a clue because lots of their opponents don't know how to play. I can only speak for micro-limits on this point, but if you read the pot-limit Omaha section of Super System 2, you can crush the games on Full Tilt, and I have. I'm sure the play gets a little stronger as you step up in limits, but there are always donks who have no idea of how to play the game. I've seen this in observation.

Overall, I play Full Tilt for the interface and the atmosphere. It just looks nice to me, and I still have bonus money to clear, so that's an incentive. Considering the games I'm playing now, it works well. Also, I've gotten the fastest response times from support at Full Tilt. Cashout requests are a breeze, too. Cashouts can usually take a couple of days, but if you e-mail support, you'll get your cashout within minutes.

If anyone has any more specific questions, I'd be glad to answer.

Lathum
08-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Just checking because, Carrollton Ga. is a dump...
Carrollton, TX is right behind it.

It's kind of ironic, I am moving to NJ to get out of a dump.

Subby
08-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Cool - thanks, Pumpy. I have rakeback on Eurobet so I don't think I'll ever leave, but the thought of being able to play against well-known pros is kind of intriguing...

JeeberD
08-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Carrollton, TX is right behind it.

It's kind of ironic, I am moving to NJ to get out of a dump.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Honushi/smilies/neutral.gif

Hoser...