PDA

View Full Version : I'm on my way to SuperCuts.

Pumpy Tudors
08-22-2005, 02:00 PM
Anybody need anything while I'm out?

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
08-22-2005, 02:03 PM
I'll take a chili cheese dog with onions and saurkraut with some fries and spicy mustard. :D

Thanks Pumpy!

WSUCougar
08-22-2005, 02:10 PM
Why don't you snap a few photos of yourself getting a trim? I'd like to finally have a look at you.

SackAttack
08-22-2005, 02:11 PM
He didn't say he'd get it. Just asked if anybody needed anything.

Subtle difference. :D

digamma
08-22-2005, 02:13 PM
Get Fritz's pussy and Subby's beard shaved...wait...Subby's pubes and Fritz's Subby waxed....wait...oh...well....never mind.

albionmoonlight
Why don't you snap a few photos of yourself getting a trim? I'd like to finally have a look at you.
LOL

Subby
Wow - trim is cheap where you live. It's like $75 bucks for a half-and-half down the street from my office.

rkmsuf
08-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Nothing is better than haircut day.

Lathum
08-22-2005, 02:36 PM
I'll take a chili cheese dog with onions and saurkraut with some fries and spicy mustard. :D

Thanks Pumpy!
baby must be hungry

Raiders Army
08-22-2005, 02:40 PM
I've cut my own hair for about a year and a half now. I figure that saves me about $13 a week.

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
08-22-2005, 03:10 PM
baby must be hungry
starving.

settled for an eggplant parmesan sandwhich instead

Lathum
08-22-2005, 04:29 PM
I've cut my own hair for about a year and a half now. I figure that saves me about $13 a week.

damn, how fast does your hair grow?

Raiders Army
08-22-2005, 04:32 PM
Pretty damn fast. But I got the sides and back shaved with a straight razor. When there's nothing there, it tends to grow rather quickly. :)

JeeberD
08-22-2005, 04:49 PM
eggplant parmesan sandwhich

gak

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
08-22-2005, 04:53 PM
gak
Yet the chili cheese dog with onions and saurkraut got no repsonse...http://dynamic.gamespy.com/%7Efof/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif

JeeberD
08-22-2005, 05:00 PM
At least that would have been halfway decent...

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
08-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Well the sandwhich came from a decent italian restaurant, not Olive Garden. http://dynamic.gamespy.com/%7Efof/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif

timmae
08-22-2005, 05:05 PM
Yet the chili cheese dog with onions and saurkraut got no repsonse...http://dynamic.gamespy.com/%7Efof/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Funny... I just read about a joint in Detroit that sells just that. Supposed to be awesome..

JeeberD
08-22-2005, 05:05 PM
Eggplant can NEVER be considered decent...

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
08-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Neither can Olive Garden. :)

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
08-22-2005, 05:08 PM
Dola - I take that back. Arlie and I went on our first date there. Food was horrible, but good memories. Arlie spent ten minutes debating on whether or not to get meatballs with his spaghetti for an extra $2. Now whenever he's considering getting something rather expensive, I say "get the damn meatball".

JeeberD
08-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Oy...I just don't get people who go out to eat and then order spaghetti. Go a little crazy, try something different...

Cringer
08-22-2005, 05:12 PM
starving.

i'm vegetarian, i love eggplant sandwiches.

terpkristin
08-22-2005, 05:13 PM
And for the record,
EGGPLANT is awesome!
I hate how Hair Cuttery, who does "inexpensive haircuts" charges me $30 for a haircut because they consider my hair "long" and they cut it more than once--last time I was there, the woman didn't believe me when I said I wanted 3" taken off (it was getting really shaggy) so she kept cutting it off and evening it out in 1/2" increments. I don't often get my haircut there, but being unemployed, I really can't afford my normal hair cuts...

And, let's see the new 'do, Pumpy!!! :D

And, Farrah, you haven't popped yet? Shouldn't you be popping soon?

/tk

terpkristin
08-22-2005, 05:15 PM
DOLA,
NOW I'M GOING TO OLIVE GARDEN!!!!! :D :D :D

/tk

st.cronin
08-22-2005, 05:17 PM
DOLA,
NOW I'M GOING TO OLIVE GARDEN!!!!! :D :D :D

/tk

the horror... the horror...

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
08-22-2005, 05:17 PM
And for the record,
EGGPLANT is awesome!
I hate how Hair Cuttery, who does "inexpensive haircuts" charges me $30 for a haircut because they consider my hair "long" and they cut it more than once--last time I was there, the woman didn't believe me when I said I wanted 3" taken off (it was getting really shaggy) so she kept cutting it off and evening it out in 1/2" increments. I don't often get my haircut there, but being unemployed, I really can't afford my normal hair cuts...

And, let's see the new 'do, Pumpy!!! :D

And, Farrah, you haven't popped yet? Shouldn't you be popping soon?

/tk
I am not disclosing how much I pay for my haircuts. Y'all would think I'm insane.

And no I haven't popped yet, wish I would soon. There is no more room. Official due date is only 20 days away, so any time now.

Psmith
08-22-2005, 05:20 PM
And for the record,
EGGPLANT is awesome!

I think you need to find a new "cheap" haircutter, as this one is fleecing you. I got a foot of my hair chopped off last month (new job involving packing tape = bad for long hair), and the stylist didn't bat an eye.

VPI97
08-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Wow - trim is cheap where you live. It's like $75 bucks for a half-and-half down the street from my office.
:)

SackAttack
08-22-2005, 05:28 PM
I am not disclosing how much I pay for my haircuts. Y'all would think I'm insane.

Not going there.

And no I haven't popped yet, wish I would soon. There is no more room. Official due date is only 20 days away, so any time now.

Pop goes the weasel? *flees*

Cringer
08-22-2005, 05:29 PM
Why do people get their hair cut? I let mine grow for an different length each time, and then shave with clippers. That easy. And my daughter is almost 6 and has never had her hair cut.

Hair cuts are overrated.

JonInMiddleGA
08-22-2005, 05:29 PM
starving.

Umm ... are you sure that was a good idea?

Nearly 300 baby pictures decorate Scalini's old-fashioned Italian restaurant in Cobb County, Ga.

All of the babies pictured on the Italian restaurant wall were born after their mothers ate the Scalini's eggplant parmigiana. The $9.95 plate of breaded eggplant smothered in cheese and thick marinara sauce is "guaranteed" to induce labor, the restaurant claims.

The eggplant legend began not long after the restaurant opened 23 years ago.

"Two or three years after we began, a few people had just mentioned to us they came in when they were pregnant, and ate this eggplant and had a baby a short time after that," said John Bogino, who runs the restaurant with his son, Bobby Bogino. "One person told another, and it just grew by itself by leaps and bounds."

To date, more than 300 of the pregnant women customers who ordered the eggplant have given birth within 48 hours, and the restaurant dubs them the "eggplant babies." If it doesn't work in two days, the moms-to-be get a gift certificate for another meal.

We make no promises, but the restaurant has graciously shared the recipe.

Eggplant Parmigiana Ingredients

# 3 medium sized eggplants
# 1 cup flour
# 6 eggs, beaten
# 4 cups fine Italian bread crumbs, seasoned
# Olive oil for sauteing
# 8 cups of marinara sauce (recipe below)
# 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
# 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
# 1 1/2 pounds of mozzarella cheese, shredded
# 2 cups of ricotta cheese

Directions

1. After you wash the eggplant, slice them into 1/4-inch thick slices. You may choose to peel the eggplant before you slice it. However, you may want to leave the skin on since it contains a lot of vitamins.

2. Place the eggplant slices on a layer of paper towels and sprinkle with a little salt, then cover with another layer of paper towels and hold it down with something heavy to drain the excess moisture. Let them sit for about an hour.

3. Working with one slice of eggplant at a time, dust with flour, dip in beaten eggs, then coat well with breadcrumbs.

4. Saute in preheated olive oil on both sides until golden brown.

5. In baking dish, alternate layers of marinara sauce, eggplant slices, ricotta, parmesan and Romano cheeses, until you fill the baking dish, about 1/8 inch from the top. Cover with shredded mozzarella cheese, and bake for 25 minutes in a 375 degree oven. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.

Scalini's Marinara Sauce

Ingredients

# 2 Tablespoons of chopped garlic
# 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
# 8 cups chopped tomatoes (fresh or canned)
# 1 cup onions, chopped
# 1/2 cup of fresh chopped parsley
# 1 teaspoon oregano
# 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
# 1/8 cup of fresh chopped sweet basil
# Pinch of thyme
# Pinch of rosemary
# One teaspoon salt
# One teaspoon black pepper

Directions

1. Lightly saute the onions in olive oil in large pot for a few minutes.

2. Add garlic and saute another minute.

3. Add tomatoes and bring sauce to a boil, then turn heat low.

4. Add remaining ingredients, stir, cover and let simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.

Recipe courtesy of John Bogino, Scalini's Italian Restaurant, Smyrna, Ga.
www.scalinis.com

Our midwife told us that she had found McKinnon's Louisiane in Buckhead to be at least equally to Scalini's in reliability. The only reason we didn't try it was because she explained to us why it worked so well ;)

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
08-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Wish I could try that. I don't think this baby is ever coming out.

Subby
08-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Wish I could try that. I don't think this baby is ever coming out. caesar salad

Raiders Army
08-22-2005, 05:41 PM
C-Section

JonInMiddleGA
08-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Wish I could try that. I don't think this baby is ever coming out.

The "eggplant solution" is pretty much a last resort sort of step, although when we approached 2 weeks late, we were just about ready to try anything.

For those who aren't familiar with the whole eggplant-and-labor thing, basically there's something about eggplant prepared certain ways that causes severe nausea. Those "contractions" apparently have a tendency to jumpstart labor contractions in women who are at term or beyond. (at least that's how the midwife explained it to us, with the caution that she'd known probably a hundred women who tried it once & succeeded, but had never met any woman willing to try it a second time).

Pacersfan46
08-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Neither can Olive Garden. :)

Such lies!

The Olive Garden in Times Square in NYC is SA-WEET. They seated me under the stairs. Not any stairs mind you .... stairs with gaps between the steps. So I "just happened" to look up when cute girls in skirts walked overhead.

:D

Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
08-22-2005, 05:44 PM
The "eggplant solution" is pretty much a last resort sort of step, although when we approached 2 weeks late, we were just about ready to try anything.

For those who aren't familiar with the whole eggplant-and-labor thing, basically there's something about eggplant prepared certain ways that causes severe nausea. Those "contractions" apparently have a tendency to jumpstart labor contractions in women who are at term or beyond. (at least that's how the midwife explained it to us, with the caution that she'd known probably a hundred women who tried it once & succeeded, but had never met any woman willing to try it a second time).
See now you didn't say there would be vomiting involved.

korme
08-22-2005, 05:51 PM
I was expecting this to be a pictoral/slideshow of some sort about your haircut adventures. I'm deeply disappointed.

Lathum
08-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Such lies!

The Olive Garden in Times Square in NYC is SA-WEET. They seated me under the stairs. Not any stairs mind you .... stairs with gaps between the steps. So I "just happened" to look up when cute girls in skirts walked overhead.

:D
umm, I hate to tell you this, but there are about a millon places in time square you can do that, of course, they don't come with unlimited salad and breadsticks.

BigJohn&TheLions
08-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Flowbeee?

http://www.flowbee.com

Loren
08-23-2005, 01:54 AM
See now you didn't say there would be vomiting involved.

yeah you dont wanna try wacky "natural inductions" nor medical inductions..they usually just end up causing more stress..vomiting and having the runs just adds extra pain and cramping to labor...
sorry im still in birth class teacher mode from ealier :) my clients due the same week as you Farrah(thumbs up)....

BTW I needed a carton of soy milk Pumpy:(

Antmeister
08-23-2005, 02:12 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't realize black people went to SuperCuts. This is a conversation I once had with my wife when she asked me to get a haircut at the same hair salon she was at. I tried to explain that hair salons, SuperCuts, etc. often don't the staff to cut my type of hair. She put this up as a challenge and I went ahead and bit since it could have simply been my short sightedness since I have had two bad experiences going to these establishments. I told them I wanted a skin fade and they didn't know what the hell I was talking about. That was already the first bad sign. Needless to say, they then proceeded to butcher my head and my wife felt really bad for my crooked bowl shaped, no fade haircut.

I had only found the best place for haircuts are Hispanic, Black and military barbers(regardless of their race). Otherwise SuperCuts scares me and any other hair salon.

Pumpy Tudors
08-23-2005, 03:01 AM
I just told the nice, well-fed Pennsylvanian girl to give me a fade, and she did so. I think it came out fine. I'd take pictures, but I don't know how to.

BigJohn&TheLions
08-23-2005, 03:13 AM
I just told the nice, well-fed Pennsylvanian girl to give me a fade, and she did so. I think it came out fine. I'd take pictures, but I don't know how to.
...but you still felt a bad feeling when she didn't use clippers, and asked you "Is that the style I see all you people wearing?"

Pumpy Tudors
08-23-2005, 03:16 AM
...but you still felt a bad feeling when she didn't use clippers, and asked you "Is that the style I see all you people wearing?"
Very true, but then she put her cleavage in my face, and all was forgotten.

korme
08-23-2005, 03:32 AM
Connection
You are friends with Cyril.

YES

JeffR
08-23-2005, 03:33 AM

Careful, I remember walking out of a place with a haircut only Bozo the Clown could love after being distracted by a similar tactic.

Agreed with Antmeister on the white-people-cutting-curly-hair thing. After moving back to Canada and having a few incidents like the one mentioned above, I finally gave up and just started having them chop nearly all of it off.

BigJohn&TheLions
08-23-2005, 03:57 AM
Was she ample, or "perky?" Was it cold in the room? :D

Loren
08-23-2005, 04:17 AM

yeah that's why Cringe likes when i cut his hair, i almost killed someone like that:(

Pumpy Tudors
08-23-2005, 09:06 AM
yeah that's why Cringe likes when i cut his hair, i almost killed someone like that:(
kleenex plz

oh shi