PDA

View Full Version : It sure has been hot here lately--what's the weather like where you live?

ThunderingHERD
08-25-2005, 03:29 AM
A few days ago it was up to like 100 with awful humidity. :eek:

Antmeister
08-25-2005, 04:03 AM
ROFL!!!!!!!!

I don't know what's funnier, the rap, the background vocals, the single beat, the ad lib or the televison in the background. I can't wait until the AM when everyone is awake to get a chance to hear this.

Antmeister
08-25-2005, 04:04 AM
Dola....

The web page looks cool though.

Neon_Chaos
08-25-2005, 04:37 AM
hahaha. he... sounds whiter than the white on my rice. :)

Pumpy Tudors
08-25-2005, 07:33 AM
My wife is confused about what she just heard and why I'm laughing so hard. I tell you, this woman is a loon. Great stuff, ThunderingHERD.

Raiders Army
08-25-2005, 07:41 AM
This just gets better and better! Great job!

Flasch186
08-25-2005, 07:45 AM
i thought he cant speak or type good english?

JeeberD
08-25-2005, 07:51 AM
Oh dear lord...see what you started, Ant!

The "juiced on Pinot Grigio" line is gold, though... :D

saldana
08-25-2005, 08:33 AM
omg, that was hilarious

JeeberD
08-25-2005, 08:40 AM
i thought he cant speak or type good english?

From what I understand he speaks english much better than he types it...

MizzouRah
08-25-2005, 08:58 AM
Call up Vanilla Ice. Funny...

Lorena
08-25-2005, 09:02 AM
OMG!! I don't know if I cried out of pain or laughter! But I tortured myself listening to it 3 times: the last time I was trying to figure out what the hell was in the background.

Bitch... I'll CYA! That's right bitch...

cody8200
08-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Greatness...

NoMyths
08-25-2005, 09:19 AM
hahahaha

Flasch186
08-25-2005, 09:28 AM
ill be honest, i couldnt listen to the whole thing...it was so god awful.

KevinNU7
08-25-2005, 09:29 AM
I hope this thread survives until I get home from work!

chinaski
08-25-2005, 09:47 AM
hahaha, the chorus is great.

vtbub
08-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Simon hated it, Randy slept through it, and Paula's busy with her mouth full.

maximus
08-25-2005, 12:16 PM
I think this is going to far. I can remember people (EagleFan27) posting in my threads after I would post a topic called "Maximus Fight Promotions" and then calling me a troll for doing so but yet this is OK. This isn't considered trolling??? How lame. :rolleyes:

jbmagic
08-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Maximus

i agree. the first time its funny. i even laugh at the song parody that Antmeister71 did

but this is getting out of hand now. i never did anything to you guys. You sure know how to make a guy feel bad.

just wish it would stop.

GreenMonster
08-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Maximus

i agree. the first time its funny. i even laugh at the song parody that Antmeister71 did

but this is getting out of hand now. i never did anything to you guys. You sure know how to make a guy feel bad.

just wish it would stop.

If you had no life you too may have time to make fun of others.. Maybe next someone will paint a masterpiece or make you a statue..

SackAttack
08-25-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm not the world's biggest jbmagic fan, but this is way out of hand, guys. I do know there's about a dozen of you who ought to be relieved that I turned it down when Blackadar offered me control of the board four or five years ago, because you'd be enjoying lengthy suspensions at the very least right now.

It sure takes big men to pick on somebody for trying to smooth over a perceived disagreement, doesn't it? Just because he went about it the wrong way by putting it in public doesn't mean you bunch of jackasses are justified in showing your ass to the world.

rkmsuf
08-25-2005, 12:29 PM
man some of you people take "yourself" (internet text game messageboard name) seriously

it's funny

SackAttack
08-25-2005, 12:35 PM
man some of you people take "yourself" (internet text game messageboard name) seriously

And that's usually the cry of "innocence" from people who have crossed the line. "Damn, it was only a joke, you take yourself too seriously!"

Blaming your target for *your* improprieties, in other words. Grow up.

ThunderingHERD
08-25-2005, 12:37 PM
I wasn't picking on anyone. If anything, Antmeister and SkyDog were picking on jbmagic and I was sticking up for him. Mostly, I just thought the concept of a battle-rap style response to Antmeister's song was funny--I still do, actually. Lighten up.

rkmsuf
08-25-2005, 12:39 PM
And that's usually the cry of "innocence" from people who have crossed the line. "Damn, it was only a joke, you take yourself too seriously!"

Blaming your target for *your* improprieties, in other words. Grow up.

give me a break

MikeVic
08-25-2005, 12:51 PM
:(

Ben E Lou
08-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Methinks some people are a wee bit thin-skinned.

capsicum
08-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Methinks some people are a wee bit thin-skinned.

Methinks this is like the pot calling the kettle black....He who throws stones....ect.

Bee
08-25-2005, 01:42 PM
Methinks this is like the pot calling the kettle black....He who throws stones....ect.

Since you seem to be new here...it's not his skin that's thin, it's his patriotic undies. :D

Bee
08-25-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm not the world's biggest jbmagic fan, but this is way out of hand, guys. I do know there's about a dozen of you who ought to be relieved that I turned it down when Blackadar offered me control of the board four or five years ago, because you'd be enjoying lengthy suspensions at the very least right now.

It sure takes big men to pick on somebody for trying to smooth over a perceived disagreement, doesn't it? Just because he went about it the wrong way by putting it in public doesn't mean you bunch of jackasses are justified in showing your ass to the world.

Don't worry Sack...I'm sure if you'd have taken over 4 or 5 years ago, you'd have banned most of the board by now so it would be a non-issue for you. ;)

maximus
08-25-2005, 01:47 PM
Why am I not surpirsied this thread isn't closed yet? I wouldn't call anyone here "thin-skinned". When is going to far not OK? Only if Maximus or some others who are not apart of the elite say something "out of place"? Gee....

General Mike
08-25-2005, 01:48 PM
There sure are a lot of jerks here.

hhiipp
08-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Can someone point me in the direction of the original mud slinging?

Antmeister
08-25-2005, 01:57 PM

I am often confused by how one intreprets what deserves a suspension around here. Maximus and Flasch are often teased about how they couldn't spell a number of times and there is a thread written by Flasch that is even stickied. Yet it was OK to make fun of that whole situation and it seems to be always OK to make fun of Maximus. Plus there are a slew of people on here that get a ribbing and I don't see anyone sticking up for them. Yet I guess there just happens to be a double standards for other people.

And for the record I wasn't making more fun of the situation than I was the person. To me, I found it funny that jbmagic should even gave a damn about what Skydog thought about him. And I also found it funny that Skydog would be that bothered by jbmagic, for no good reason, that he would put him on the ignore list. The whole situation seemed funny to me since I didn't quite understand why there was a conflict. But to each their own.

Julio Riddols
08-25-2005, 01:59 PM
JB, can I get the vocals of this and make a remix of it for you, or is it all recorded as one track? I think it could be fun..

I'm not joking.. My aol screenname is gimpyho69, add me, and we'll chat about this..

Bee
08-25-2005, 02:02 PM
JB, can I get the vocals of this and make a remix of it for you, or is it all recorded as one track? I think it could be fun..

I'm not joking.. My aol screenname is gimpyho69, add me, and we'll chat about this..

just taking a wild guess here, but I don't think that's actually jb. :D

Bee
08-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Can someone point me in the direction of the original mud slinging?

I would if I had really seen any. As far as I can remember, the worst insult was someone calling someone else "overly sensitive" but I think that was in a thread that the original poster deleted.

rkmsuf
08-25-2005, 02:08 PM
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/7275/687474703a2f2f696d673336342e69.jpg

maximus
08-25-2005, 02:11 PM
http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/7275/687474703a2f2f696d673336342e69.jpg

Damn! She's just hot man. I love her. :redface:

HomerJSimpson
08-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Why am I not surpirsied this thread isn't closed yet? I wouldn't call anyone here "thin-skinned". When is going to far not OK? Only if Maximus or some others who are not apart of the elite say something "out of place"? Gee....

Ut-uh. The "elite" card has been played.

maximus
08-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Ut-uh. The "elite" card has been played.

Ahh, someone finally caught on. :)

rkmsuf
08-25-2005, 02:14 PM
Damn! She's just hot man. I love her. :redface:

I can't take my eyes off her.

heybrad
08-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Fucking Eel Tits!

Bee
08-25-2005, 02:16 PM
hey brad!

Antmeister
08-25-2005, 02:23 PM

Only a Corningware racist would say something like this. Leave the pots out of this. :D

korme
08-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Natalie Portman is hot

sovereignstar
08-25-2005, 02:49 PM
ThunderingHERD shoots and scores!

I do know there's about a dozen of you who ought to be relieved that I turned it down when Blackadar offered me control of the board four or five years ago, because you'd be enjoying lengthy suspensions at the very least right now.

speechless

sterlingice
08-25-2005, 03:41 PM
I'm actually with SA on this one. I dunno about the bannings and stuff but lay off the guy, asshats. He even said the first time was funny but now it's getting out of hand. Maybe it's time to stop beating a dead horse and lighten up on the guy.

SI

SackAttack
08-25-2005, 03:51 PM
ThunderingHERD shoots and scores!

speechless

Really? You ever read "Lord of the Flies"? That's what you guys remind me of right now. A bunch of prepubescent savages gleefully ripping someone else to shreds because "there but for the grace of God go I."

It's one thing to make *A* parody thread about something. I don't much care for the parody threads, but ha ha, great, you guys have had your joke.

When you run it into the ground and look for every possible angle to demonize somebody from, you've taken it beyond a joke to plain old inhumanity.

"Grow a skin, take a joke"?

Get some fucking mental maturity, guys.

sabotai
08-25-2005, 03:58 PM
Really? You ever read "Lord of the Flies"? That's what you guys remind me of right now. A bunch of prepubescent savages gleefully ripping someone else to shreds because "there but for the grace of God go I."
Wow. Someone is being overly melodramatic today.

sovereignstar
08-25-2005, 03:58 PM

It's one thing to make *A* parody thread about something. I don't much care for the parody threads, but ha ha, great, you guys have had your joke.

When you run it into the ground and look for every possible angle to demonize somebody from, you've taken it beyond a joke to plain old inhumanity.

"Grow a skin, take a joke"?

Get some fucking mental maturity, guys.

You can disagree or be upset, that's fine. But the chest-beating statement that I quoted up above just sounds totally ridiculous. If you can't see that, then that's too bad.

Ben E Lou
08-25-2005, 04:04 PM
And I also found it funny that Skydog would be that bothered by jbmagic, for no good reason, that he would put him on the ignore listIf I had not put him on my ignore list, we'd have been pretty much right where we are now, only months ago.

SackAttack
08-25-2005, 04:07 PM
You can disagree or be upset, that's fine. But the chest-beating statement that I quoted up above just sounds totally ridiculous. If you can't see that, then that's too bad.

This entire thread is ridiculous. If you can't see what a bunch of jackoffs you all are being, then that's too bad.

sterlingice
08-25-2005, 04:07 PM
(Just watched this on DVD the other day and it came to mind...)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/sterlingice/random/jerks.gif

Warden: Well, animals are not like people, Mrs. Simpson. Some of them act badly because they've had a hard life, or have been mistreated...but, like people, some of them are just jerks. Stop that, Mr. Simpson.

SI

ThunderingHERD
08-25-2005, 04:25 PM
This entire thread is ridiculous. If you can't see what a bunch of jackoffs you all are being, then that's too bad.

You're missing the point. It would be one thing if we were sitting back and laughing at jb. As far as I know, no one is. Most people just find the whole situation in an absurd, what-the-hell-just-happened-here sort of way. Personally, I felt bad for the guy.

Regardless, I wasn't ridiculing JB in any way--I was responding to Antmeister's song, not to anything JB ever did.

yabanci
08-25-2005, 04:37 PM

I have to agree. Making up lame songs to mock another member of this community is very schoolgirlish and embarassing for those who are doing it and actually think it's witty.

sovereignstar
08-25-2005, 04:39 PM
You're missing the point. It would be one thing if we were sitting back and laughing at jb. As far as I know, no one is. Most people just find the whole situation in an absurd, what-the-hell-just-happened-here sort of way. Personally, I felt bad for the guy.

Regardless, I wasn't ridiculing JB in any way--I was responding to Antmeister's song, not to anything JB ever did.

Your lucky I wasn't born 30 years earlier and didn't become a war general. Otherwise I'd send your ass to Guantanamo and your explanation would be a moot point.

Fidatelo
08-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Here's what I've learned:

skydog - asshat
jbmagic - todie
antguy - unfunny nerd "musician"
thunderguy - unoriginal nerd "musician"
sackattack - do-gooder

ThunderingHERD
08-25-2005, 04:49 PM
I have to agree. Making up lame songs to mock another member of this community is very schoolgirlish and embarassing for those who are doing it and actually think it's witty.

Really? I thought it was fun. You should try it.

Nobody was mocked. And, I'm sorry, but those lyrics were extremely witty. :D
Passive aggressively calling someone a schoolgirl--not so much.

Antmeister
08-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Here's what I've learned:
... antguy - unfunny nerd "musician"...

First of all I take offense to this. I am not a musician! :D

Antmeister
08-25-2005, 05:23 PM

Wow! I am surprised this is coming from you. I almost quoted one of your classic phrases at one point when you railed on a member on this board yourself. But you did so out of love, I am assuming and not to mock them. By the way I had agreed with your assessment and almost put it in my signature, but it was too long. So it is only my assumption that certain people can't have a situation made fun of. Oh look here it is....

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/showpost.php?p=452026&postcount=58

Eaglesfan27
08-25-2005, 05:59 PM
I admit I thought Antmeister's song was funny. I think this jbmagic bashing is going too far now.

Danny
08-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Edited- I think my next post expresses my thoughts better. This one was a tad too sarcastic.

Raiders Army
08-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Seriously, this is sad. Are you people treating jbmagic this way really this pathetic and insecure about your own lives that you feel the need to somehow make yourself feel better by treating him bad?
To answer your question: absolutely. I am really pathetic and insecure. I also have a small penis so I need to overcompensate on a text-sim message board where nobody sees the lack of a bulge in my pants.

[/sarcasm]
FTR, I make Tommy Lee look like he's hung like a flea.

SackAttack
08-25-2005, 07:11 PM
To answer your question: absolutely. I am really pathetic and insecure. I also have a small penis so I need to overcompensate on a text-sim message board where nobody sees the lack of a bulge in my pants.

[/sarcasm]

I don't understand. Are you saying you *have* a massive dick, or that you *are* a massive dick? ;)

yabanci
08-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Wow! I am surprised this is coming from you. I almost quoted one of your classic phrases at one point when you railed on a member on this board yourself. But you did so out of love, I am assuming and not to mock them. By the way I had agreed with your assessment and almost put it in my signature, but it was too long. So it is only my assumption that certain people can't have a situation made fun of. Oh look here it is....

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/forums/showpost.php?p=452026&postcount=58

I'm glad you enjoyed that post. But there's a difference between hyperbolically yet very accurately explaining in response to a question how Druez and Joe Stallings tried to fuck over Jim and FOF (something serious enough that it got Joe Stallings fired from 400ss and apparently broke up the company as it then existed) and what is going on here.

People might find jbmagic annoying, and that might be well deserved. But to my knowledge he has not intentionally tried to harm FOF or this community and at this point it just seems like immature piling on.

And I really do think this "song" was very lame and not funny, but I haven't been a teenager for a long time so maybe I'm just out of touch.

Danny
08-25-2005, 07:37 PM

[/sarcasm]

My first post was likely a bit harsh, but I am tired of logging in every thread to see someone picking on jb. Pick on me please instead, I'll joke back with you or even make fun of myself along with you. Its one thing when its back and forth, but to keep piling on and on, bleh. Yes, this is just a sim board, but when the other person isn't laughing back why continue?

Lorena
08-25-2005, 07:42 PM
I make Tommy Lee look like he's hung like a flea.

I'm gonna get in trouble for this but... umm...

pixplskthx

Raiders Army
08-25-2005, 07:47 PM
I don't understand. Are you saying you *have* a massive dick, or that you *are* a massive dick? ;)
Well.....both, actually

Raiders Army
08-25-2005, 07:49 PM
I thought he did laugh back...but maybe my memory is wrong.

GreenMonster
08-25-2005, 07:53 PM
So jb PMd me earlier to let me know that he's not taking this whole situation lying down. He probably won't be happy with me posting this early studio recording of his, but I think it needs to be heard. <a href="http://www.expenseroso.com/jbmagic.html">Here's the link</a> to the webpage where you can download the track. Be warned, JB has quite a foul mouith.

Your right HERD, nobody was mocked you just picked some random friend to right a rap about dicks, wives, and gay folks..

Danny
08-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Well I dont read every thread, so perhaps I missed some.

But the better question I have for you is if you are telling the truth why are you wasting time here? Go out and use that bad boy :p

Antmeister
08-25-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed that post. But there's a difference between hyperbolically yet very accurately explaining in response to a question how Druez and Joe Stallings tried to fuck over Jim and FOF (something serious enough that it got Joe Stallings fired from 400ss and apparently broke up the company as it then existed) and what is going on here.

People might find jbmagic annoying, and that might be well deserved. But to my knowledge he has not intentionally tried to harm FOF or this community and at this point it just seems like immature piling on.

And I really do think this "song" was very lame and not funny, but I haven't been a teenager for a long time so maybe I'm just out of touch.

So I guess I was not accurately portraying what had occured within a space of a couple of days. Plus it was your remark about bashing a member in this community that bothered me. You didn't seem to follow your own advice and yet giving others advice to do so. I don't think that is fair.

I haven't read too many of jbmagic's posts, but this one stuck in my head because the whole situation seemed funny to me because he was attacked for whatever reason after posting an alleged battle between two developers. To some people, that was viewed as his way of harming the image of the developer of OOTP and some people felt he should get scolded for it. To me it didn't bother me all that much. I didn't think he did anything malicious, but how Skydog responded, and the series of events after that, I just thought the situation was funny. Sorry if you didn't see the humor in it.

Now as far as "this" song, it is only a response to mine in a gangsta rap fashion. He is not even bashing jb. Skydog and I are getting more raked over the coals that anyone else.

Senator
08-25-2005, 08:03 PM
Cowboy Up.

GoldenEagle
08-25-2005, 08:43 PM
I think people are more prone to making fun of jbmagic because it is painfully obvious the guy wants attention. However, he wants positive attention. He wants the public apologies. He wants everyone to know he sent a PM to SkyDog. I am not saying it is right or wrong, but the guy subjects himself to public attention. Can people go to far with it? Yes. Has the threshold been crossed yet? I do not think so, even though that rap song was awful.

ThunderingHERD
08-25-2005, 08:48 PM
Ok, I thought I explained this well enough, but apparently not.

So here goes, this is the last I'll say about this unless somebody makes an actual fucking point instead of just righteous grandstanding:

Antmeister's song made jb sound really weepy and pathetic. In my opinion, he even made matters worse by stating that he was merely capturing the essence of the original post. This isn't to knock Ant, because unlike some here I'm not one to get all in a indignant huff over someone who clearly meant no harm. But the song did make a little uncomfortable, and I felt bad for JB.

Clearly he wasn't going to stand up and say anything about it, nor should he. But I thought it had the potential to be hilarious if he would. It was a conceptual joke more than anything, I came up with some rhymes that I liked so I decided to go with it.

From writing(~30 minutes), to recording (~10 minutes), to setting up the webpage(~5 minutes) the whole thing took less than an hour. At no point during that hour did I ever consider how jb might feel about it. If you want to fault me for lack of foresight, you might have some sort of point--but the only reason it never occured to me was because the thing makes absolutely no commentary on anything that has or will ever happen (well, except for Dean Houston slapping kids). The entire thing is utterly absurd, right down to the cheesy no-fi production, and was created as (like I said) a targetless conceptual joke with fun wordplay. If any thought of jb went in to it, it was a sympathetic one. So when you start treating me like a bully it really pisses me off because it just isn't the case.

All you would-be white knights have only made the situation worse. The guy has nothing to be ashamed of, but by getting on your soapbox every time his name is so much as mentioned you have made him think that he does. Nobody is laughing at him, but you've confirmed his suspicions that we are. Why don't you think about the results of your own actions before being so quick to judge others?

Neon_Chaos
08-25-2005, 09:23 PM
I have no idea what the quarrel is, nor do I care. Heck, I don't care who created the song and sang it. :)

That song was ridiculously funny in a whole lot of different levels.

Antmeister
08-25-2005, 09:55 PM
It was 105 at its high today here in Phoenix.....Woooooweeeeeeee! At it actually wasn't a bad day.

Pumpy Tudors
08-25-2005, 09:59 PM
I haven't learned how to gauge temperature in this town yet. I think it's like 5 degrees Kelvin or something.

Wolfpack
08-26-2005, 10:24 AM
Only 5 Kelvin? Damn, son. Everyone there'd be moving rather slowly, almost imperceptibly. Molasses, indeed. :)

sterlingice
08-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Only 5 Kelvin? Damn, son. Everyone there'd be moving rather slowly, almost imperceptibly. Molasses, indeed. :)
Woo! A thermodynamics joke! ;)

Homer: I know. And this perpetual motion machine she made today is a joke! It just keeps going faster and faster.

SI

Wolfpack
08-26-2005, 02:52 PM
In this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!

JeeberD
08-27-2005, 02:02 AM
Man, this thread took a turn while I was gone... :rolleyes:

Geez, guys, I like jb but it's ridiculous that you're getting all bent out of shape over the song. If jb wasn't upset by the first one I don't see why he would get upset by this one...in fact, I would say that the first one was probably more directly insulting. Of course, he has said that this song bothered him, but that's still no reason to call everyone who thought that it was funny "jerks" and calling for their bannination...