PDA

View Full Version : Free trials for WWII Online!

Icy
08-25-2005, 06:46 AM
I'm sorry about the little spam but i love this game and want the biggest possible number of players :) (of course i'm not afiliated to them on any way)

It's a real WWII simulation where teamwork, mix of air, ground and navy makes it the most inmersive game about WWII. It can't be compared with BF2 etc as that kind of games have better graphics but small maps and are just to shoot around and enjoy fast action. This is a simulation, wirth a map that takes most of Europe, with hundreds of players figthing at same time to conquest different cities, etc. This is a great chance to try it for free during 3 days as they want to test the servers under huge load before they re-publish the game in a box at shops.
If any of you is have any question about the game just post here, see you in the battlefield :)

Here is the press release:

“BATTLEGROUND EUROPE” OPEN BETA/STRESS TEST
PLAY TEST MMOG WWII COMBAT SIMULATION

Bedford, Texas August 19th, 2005-08-18 – Playnet Inc. and its development studio, Cornered Rat Software are pleased to announce a public beta and stress test for the upcoming release of BATTLEGROUND EUROPE.

Beginning at 1200CT (US) on Thursday, August 25th, 2005 account creation forms will be made available on the official website for test accounts. Participants will receive instructions on how to download the pre-release client and information on where to submit error reports. Space will be limited for the test which will run from Thursday, August 25th through Sunday August 28th.

BATTLEGROUND EUROPE – Volume 1 of the WWII Online Virtual Battlefield Series – is a totally unique MMOG that delivers the ultimate Player v Player (PvP) experience where only your skills and knowledge, and those of your enemy, determines your fate and the outcome of the war. Its design allows players with adequate rank to plan and carry out tactical missions in first-person combat. Even decisions and strategic planning that control Research, Development and Production (RDP) of weapons, and the supply and deployment of equipment and troops, are in the hands of each country’s High Commands that are staffed by high-ranking players.

Grab a rifle or machine gun and experience heart-stopping infantry action or choose to advance your skills in one of dozens of accurately modeled combat vehicles, naval vessels or aircraft. Succeed and help the cause of the Allied or Axis forces. Fail and watch your side get pushed back and struggle for a foothold in this massive, persistent online world involving players from around the world competing in 24x7 action to help their country win the war for their side.

GAME FEATURES
- Thousands of players sharing a single world- First person perspective in all game play
- Huge game world measuring more than 350,000 square miles
- Character advancement and career paths unlock new features and permissions
- Strategic systems driven by player missions and command
- Growing list of 90+ weapons including aircraft, tanks, anti-aircraft guns, ships, trucks, rifles, machine guns and more!
- Groundbreaking physics and damage modeling - Localized in English, French, German, Spanish & Italian

official website: http://www.battleground-europe.com

About Playnet Inc.
Playnet, Inc. is an Internet technology company with patent-pending technologies. Playnet specializes in design and development of massively multiplayer online games at its internal software design studio, Cornered Rat Software (CRS), and its Playnet.com division operates a web-based hosting service designed to accommodate the needs of online gamers and their communities for its own and 3rd-party game titles. Press contact: [email protected]

Airhog
08-25-2005, 08:01 PM
I d/l this and played it for about 15 minutes. If you played the original game, it seems to be more of the same. The interface seemed much more polished though, but it had been 4 years since I played the old game. I didnt expect to be wowed over by the graphics, and they were done okay.

I still have the same issues with this game that I had in the first. Travel is annoying, but I know thats part of the game. I spent the first 10 minutes flying to some obj in a transport plane. I got out and ran for 5 minutes, then I crawled for another 5 minutes. Then I was shot out of nowhere.

I tried to get an AA gun, however, I didnt have a joystick installed, and it didnt want to move without one.

I think this game could be good, if you have patience, and joined a squad. If you plan on driving a tank, or a plane, be prepared to spend alot of time getting good. You need a crack shot to drive a tank, and you need to fly the wings off that bird if you wanna survive.

sachmo71
08-26-2005, 08:28 AM
hmmmm...I think I might wait a while. For some reason I just don't trust Cornered Rat. :)

Icy
08-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Agree with you Airhog, the game is not for everybody or for those who want some fast action. It's a really realistic and hard game. It has complex math formules for ballistics, physics etc, you can't kill any tank with any tank firing at any place, you need to shoot with the right cannon at the weak spot etc. Also the map is huge, more than half Europe so yeah, at first could be hard to find the action.

In the other hand, all that is what makes me love it, it's like being into a real war, i have been playing it for almost 2 years and still like it like the first day if not more. It's like comparing FOF with madden, FOF=WWIIOnline and Madden=BF2, COH etc.

Anyway this is a good chace to try it for free.

MikeVic
08-26-2005, 09:34 AM
I might just have to try this on the weekend.

lighthousekeeper
08-26-2005, 11:40 PM
well that was just the most frustrating 5 hours of my life.

i had similar experience as was posted above:

2 hours: download game

i = 1
do while i < 7
20 minutes running
5 minutes trying to understand map
5 minutes crawling
screen turns red (huh?), guess i died.
i = i + 1
loop

i played for 3 hours, died about 6 times and not once did I even lay eyes on any enemies.

Icy
08-27-2005, 05:44 AM
Hehe the game is not easy, it's extremely realistic, one shoot and you're dead, etc.

Anyway if you plan on trying the game, you could read first this sites with the basics.

www.thetrainer.info for all the info about the game, tractics, etc.

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35 Official forums

Also you can always try to message me in the game and if i'm around (and i'm there like 3 hours daily) i'll spend some time with you explaining the basics. To message me, you need to write this in the chat bar:

.m Icek250 hi Icy i'm XXX from fofc

That will send me (Icek250 in the game) a message and i'll contact you.

fjvieane
08-27-2005, 01:45 PM
lol, I d/l this to test it out and I like it but dang I die alot. :p

I usually follow a few of the higher ranks on my side around and they find lots of action, unfortunately I tend to forget to take cover. rofl