PDA

View Full Version : What a great day

Eaglesfan27
08-25-2005, 04:10 PM
I think I enjoy teaching more than anything else I do professionally. Today, I had my first medical student assigned to me on a 1-1 basis. She was a perky 3rd year who only just started her third year of medical school about a month or so ago. It's just so refreshing to see the relative lack of cynicism, the eagerness to learn, and the entire novelty of the experience to her. It really helped me feel more refreshed than I've felt in over a month from a professional standpoint. This day just reminded me why I took less money to work for a medical school and at state clinics. I enjoy teaching lectures, but it's even better working one on one with students and really mentoring them. No real point to this post other than to share my happiness with the board.

Chas in Cinti
08-25-2005, 04:13 PM
pix pls, thx

Eaglesfan27
08-25-2005, 04:15 PM
pix pls, thx
Somehow, I do not think that would be a good idea.

However, I am impressed at the speed with which that was asked.

Lathum
good for you

now go clean the bathroom

Lathum
:)

Eaglesfan27
08-25-2005, 04:19 PM
good for you

now go clean the bathroom:mad: :mad: :mad:

I did clean the living room last night. Tonight, I'm cleaning the cats' room (yes, my wife and I have given our cats their own room despite the fact that they roam the house.)

I'll save the bathrooms until a day or two before the barbeque since they are only going to become dirty again if I do them too soon.

SackAttack
08-25-2005, 04:23 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

I did clean the living room last night. Tonight, I'm cleaning the cats' room (yes, my wife and I have given our cats their own room despite the fact that they roam the house.)

I'll save the bathrooms until a day or two before the barbeque since they are only going to become dirty again if I do them too soon.

You're barbequeing the cats?

Flasch186
08-25-2005, 04:33 PM
seriously, is she hot?

Chas in Cinti
08-25-2005, 04:39 PM
seriously, is she hot?

We know she's perky 3rd year

That's good enough for me, at my age, it's all hot... ;)

Raiders Army
08-25-2005, 05:02 PM
pix pls, thx
mistake was you should've said, "pix pls k thx"

Galaxy
08-25-2005, 05:31 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

You have a "cats" room? Is it painted in Garfield stuff? :D

Would make a great den/game room with a big-screen tv, a pool table, ect. :D

Eaglesfan27
08-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Flasch, for a variety of reasons including a few of the threads about professors getting in trouble for commenting on students, I will not make any public comments as to how hot she is (or isn't.) However, I can honestly say that her attractiveness has nothing to do with my excitement to be teaching regularly again. For that matter, I'd be just as excited to be teaching a male 3rd year student (which I might get next block.) Teaching helps break up the routine of patient care very nicely and actually stimulates me more to think about what I'm doing, explain it, and it is a key reason that I took my current job. Also, I used to teach very regularly when I was a resident and I have at least 30 hours of canned lectures memorized, so it is very little extra work on my part at this point. Particularly, since students will be rotating every 6 weeks.

The cats' room is just a spare bedroom that they took over. We haven't decorated it anything special. However, our place has 5 bedrooms, and I can only use 1 as an "office" which has the computers, 1 as a "rec room" which has the Xbox and PS2. We have one master bedroom, one guest bedroom, and one cats bedroom :)

Oh yeah, I just finished cleaning the cats' room. No one should expect that room to be perfect ;)

FrogMan
08-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Doc, teaching is awesome. I really think that teaching helps you do what you do better, since it forces you to understand what you are doing in order to explain it.

That, and giving back to others what you have learned is just too nice too. I miss teaching...

Way to go doc!

FM

timmynausea
08-25-2005, 06:49 PM
You just have to read between the lines, Flasch.

Flasch, for a variety of reasons including a few of the threads about professors getting in trouble for commenting on students, I will not make any public comments as to how hot she is (or isn't.) However, I can honestly say that her attractiveness has nothing to do with my excitement to be teaching regularly again. For that matter, I'd be just as excited to be teaching a male 3rd year student (which I might get next block.) Teaching helps break up the routine of patient care very nicely and actually stimulates me more to think about what I'm doing, explain it, and it is a key reason that I took my current job. Also, I used to teach very regularly when I was a resident and I have at least 30 hours of cans lectures memorized, so it is very little extra work on my part at this point. Particularly, since students will be penetrated every 6 weeks.

Galaxy
08-25-2005, 07:06 PM
You just have to read between the lines, Flasch.

LOL.