PDA

View Full Version : FM2006, new features and release date announced

FrogMan
08-25-2005, 07:15 PM
Saw that this morning and was surprised I had not read more about this in here, so here we go...

Football Manager 2006 - Additional new features confirmed
Added on 05/08/2005 @ 12:43:28 in Press Release</FONT>

LONDON, UK - August 5th, 2005 - Sports Interactive and SEGA are pleased to announce the penultimate set of new features for Football Manager™ 2006 PC/Mac. The Sports Interactive team have been working hard to create the next edition to the ultimate Football Management experience and this is shown in the amount of new content being added to this highly anticipated title.

NEW PC FEATURES:

* Match Commentary revamp - Heaps of new commentary lines used in match for added atmosphere and detail to identify what's happening on the pitch.

* "Player Form" & "Player Stats" screens - More pertinent information regarding a players form and match stats, presented in a user-friendly manner.

* "Quick" tactic mode - Now you can shout from the touchlines to make small or full tactical changes without having to stop the match.

* Improved match engine realism - Working with Ray Houghton, the ex-Liverpool and Republic of Ireland player, SI have analysed every area of the match engine looking for areas to improve the engine to make it the most realistic experience ever.

* Injury module revamp - No more "physio reports" needed after injuries as the physio's now come to you. Full feedback on injuries, including various treatment options.

* General UI improvements - Improvements to the user interface make it easier to find your way around the game and reduce the amount of mouse button clicks.

* Ticker Bar - Not only can you gain score updates during matches but a configurable news ticker bar updates you on news from around the globe, or just locally if you prefer.

* Media overhaul - Loads more information is now given through news items using an all new "player bio" system, this is inclusive of, but not limited to, club landmark year news, better feedback on your start as a manager, more celebration of success and much more info about players in media items.

* Full Time Team Talks - With the addition of Half Time team talks to Football Manager 2006 , Sports Interactive felt it only fair to add full time team talks to allow you to comment on team or individual performances at the end of the match to the players. How will they react?

FINAL SET OF FOOTBALL MANAGER™ 2006 PC FEATURES WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON.

Football Manager™ 2006 for PC/Mac launches November 4th 2005, for further details please go to www.sigames.com or www.sega.com
Let me know if this has already been posted, but it was news to me...

FM

Eaglesfan27
08-25-2005, 07:21 PM
News to me as well. I'm looking forward to seeing what improvements happen with the injury module, team talks, and of course the engine. I also think the quick tactic change will be nice :)

maximus
08-25-2005, 07:26 PM
Man, I might try getting into soccer. The features in these games alone make me drool. http://mercury.walagata.com/w/vulcan/drooling.gif

ISiddiqui
08-25-2005, 07:29 PM
* "Quick" tactic mode - Now you can shout from the touchlines to make small or full tactical changes without having to stop the match.
* Injury module revamp - No more "physio reports" needed after injuries as the physio's now come to you. Full feedback on injuries, including various treatment options.
* Ticker Bar - Not only can you gain score updates during matches but a configurable news ticker bar updates you on news from around the globe, or just locally if you prefer.
Very cool... I like the stuff in these three points.

Hopefully the US has it when Europe does ;).

ice4277
08-25-2005, 08:18 PM
The new additions sound good, as usual. Hopefully the halftime and full-time team talks don't get repetitive. I like the sounds of an upgraded media module.

Will we be able to comment on players at will this time around, or still just other managers?

DaddyTorgo
08-25-2005, 08:26 PM
hey MV, just so you know, these newly announced features just made me go from "oh i'll order it once i get around to it, no hurry" to "immediate pre-order" once again. I've never missed an edition of CM/FM since 00, but the past couple years I had waited till it was released to order. Now I'm back to pre-ordering and I'm drooling waiting for 11/4!!

edit: question...is the game going to be available on 11/4 in the USA, or are us US fans still faced with shipping it over from the UK? I havn't checked the website lately to see any news about this, but I'm sure a bunch of guys on here would like to know

GoldenEagle
08-25-2005, 08:33 PM
I think FM 06 can improve two ways. I would love to see player contact my club for a trial. I think that is very realistic. Aslo, I would like to see the A-League and the USL Dvision 2 added.

samifan24
08-25-2005, 10:23 PM
I would like to see the A-League and the USL Dvision 2 added.

I agree. I played at New England before I got fired in my most recent game and I think adding the USL leagues would help make the game better. I also like the idea of commenting on players and building relationships with specific players ala the manager comment feature in FM05.

Galaril
08-25-2005, 10:27 PM
It would be good if they got MLS soccer correct. The last I had heard was MLS league play was screwed up.

JeffR
08-25-2005, 10:57 PM
It would be good if they got MLS soccer correct. The last I had heard was MLS league play was screwed up.

I think you'll see a big improvement in the MLS. There's a new US head researcher, and Al isn't somebody who'll let problems with his leagues go without comment.

GoldenEagle
08-25-2005, 11:14 PM
MLS is better at this point in the game. If FM can build on that, it will be fine. However, I would rather see FM concentrate their resources elsewhere than MLS.

Huckleberry
08-25-2005, 11:14 PM
So they will be releasing one more, final, set of new features for FM2006?

GoldenEagle
08-25-2005, 11:15 PM
So they will be releasing one more, final, set of new features for FM2006?
In all likelyhood, yes. I know they have not annouced what leagues wil be in the upcoming game. Usually when they do that, they add in a feature or two.

kingfc22
08-26-2005, 01:38 AM
OH YEA!!!

Marc Vaughan
08-26-2005, 04:30 AM
Man, I might try getting into soccer. The features in these games alone make me drool. http://mercury.walagata.com/w/vulcan/drooling.gif

(just to warn everyone to get some fresh spittle masks ;) )

We still haven't given out the whole feature list for the game as we like to give people a few surprises when its actually out ...

:D

Huckleberry
08-26-2005, 06:23 AM
Can't wait to see that final set of features. I guess I should tell my brother to cancel his 2005 order that still hasn't arrived after a month.

FrogMan
08-26-2005, 06:53 AM

We still haven't given out the whole feature list for the game as we like to give people a few surprises when its actually out ...

you're evil Marc, you know that? Here I am, thinking that this time, I'll wait until the NFL season is about over to order the game, kind of mid-decemberish order to play it in the xmas holiday, and you go with that little thing here. Now, I feel like pre-ordering, RIGHT NOW! AAAAARRRGGG!!!!

Keep 'em coming, we'll take them :)

FM

SirFozzie
08-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Damn.. that's good stuff.

Hey Sack, if Gamenikki gets a review copy, can I do the review? :-)

Coffee Warlord
08-26-2005, 04:00 PM

So...you need some advertising for the game in the US.......

.....I'll need an advance copy to um...get a feel for the ad campaign...yeahhhh..... :)

MalcPow
08-26-2005, 04:08 PM

Any chance for an FM 2006 Gold Edition Package with logo emblazoned spittle mask included? :D