PDA

View Full Version : "Dan Kennings" story a hoax

dawgfan
08-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Just a bizarre story - read for yourself: soldier story a hoax (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002452902_hoax26.html)

samifan24
08-26-2005, 01:10 PM
It's sad that the woman would go to such great lengths to deceive others--especially about a KIA soldier when our men and women are actually dying every day.

KevinNU7
08-26-2005, 01:18 PM
I want her dead

Subby
08-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Like I needed additional proof that people are stupid.

Tekneek
08-26-2005, 01:30 PM
I don't think anyone needs to die over it. It's important to find out why so that we can understand what would drive someone to do this. A hoax of this nature and magnitude is not that rare. Don't treat it so differently because of a sensitivity around the soldier angle. The important part is not what it was about, but why it was done. It wouldn't be any less important to understand if it involved Dan Kennings the fireman/policeman/airline pilot/etc instead of Dan Kennings the soldier.

samifan24
08-26-2005, 02:39 PM
I don't think anyone needs to die over it. It's important to find out why so that we can understand what would drive someone to do this. A hoax of this nature and magnitude is not that rare. Don't treat it so differently because of a sensitivity around the soldier angle. The important part is not what it was about, but why it was done. It wouldn't be any less important to understand if it involved Dan Kennings the fireman/policeman/airline pilot/etc instead of Dan Kennings the soldier.

I'm not too interested in finding out why she did it. Either she thought it was a good idea at the time or she's sick and needs help. I doubt there are many rushing to ask if she's ok, though.