PDA

View Full Version : Just had to break into my house...

Qwikshot
08-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Here's the scenario:

I just got back from being at the shore, tired, unloading the car...I share a big house with my brother.

Today, while on the phone, I close the door to the garage while unloading bags, quickly realizing that I have locked myself out.

Now usually I'm good with this, but my ex is getting married which has been on my mind (since we care for her daughter together).

Call my brother up, he says I'm SOL (nice landlord-no spare key).

I got pissed, I just needed a little sympathy.

Luckily, I did have my car keys and my wallet.

Drove to Sears Hardware, purchased a screwdriver and a pick set.

15 minues of frustration, gave up on picking the lock (on any lock).

But behind the house there is a basement window, larger than your typical windows.

Using the pick set, I managed to extract the screen, peek through the stripping without major damage, and slide both manual locks to open.

Open window, slide down, land on washer and dryer.

I am /thankful/ that I got this lucky, I just needed something to go my way today.

Lathum
08-26-2005, 12:27 PM
I bet it makes you feel really safe that it is so easy to break into your house :)

Qwikshot
08-26-2005, 12:35 PM
I bet it makes you feel really safe that it is so easy to break into your house :)

Well /anyone/ can break into a house...I wanted to break in without doing damage...a big difference.

KWhit
08-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Now usually I'm good with this, but my ex is getting married which has been on my mind (since we care for her daughter together).
Say what?

Joe Canadian
08-26-2005, 01:15 PM

If someone is trying to break into any house it is relativly easy... you just need to break a window. What's the saying... "locks are only for honest people".

Raiders Army
08-26-2005, 01:15 PM
That's why you need bars on your windows like in jail.

Qwikshot
08-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Say what?

Long story...I am not my daughter's father, the birth father never was involved...dated my ex when she was 5 mos. pregnant...it's complicated...my life is simple in every way save for relationships...

korme
08-26-2005, 02:03 PM
If someone is trying to break into any house it is relativly easy... you just need to break a window. What's the saying... "locks are only for honest people".
yep kinda glad i live in an APARTMENT in dayton

Qwikshot
08-26-2005, 02:13 PM
yep kinda glad i live in an APARTMENT in dayton

I looked at the U of Dayton way back when.

Qwikshot
08-26-2005, 02:14 PM

My brother would've kicked my ass if I had broken a window...his solution was for me to drive to the shore (2 hours away without counting rushhour and weekend traffic).

Tom E
08-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Long story...I am not my daughter's father, the birth father never was involved...dated my ex when she was 5 mos. pregnant...it's complicated...my life is simple in every way save for relationships...

Your first time doing it must have been extra nerve racking...

Raiders Army
08-26-2005, 02:25 PM
You're a good man.

Qwikshot
08-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Your first time doing it must have been extra nerve racking...

Actually, we didn't do anything till after the baby was born...I am proud to be a dad, it is the only reason I don't regret the relationship.