PDA

View Full Version : A&E's - MI-5

Flasch186
08-26-2005, 09:12 PM
is it ever coming back on!!! what is going on!!! Ive almost forgotten where it left off. :(

JonInMiddleGA
08-26-2005, 11:24 PM
No idea, but I enjoyed the heck out of Spy, which I happened to see last night for the first time on PBS. Best description I can come up with is a UK-based reality show, with former MI-5 & CIA trainers trying to make (barely) passable spies out of 8 average people. Fans of MI-5 are almost sure to start drawing parallels to the wannabes & their possible fictional counterparts.

I made it all the way through an entire hour of the show, making it the second most viewed reality series of all-time for me.

Check local listings for your airings in your area I guess, no such thing as a "standard" air time for PBS programs AFAIK.

Flasch186
08-26-2005, 11:26 PM
damnit Jon thats not good enough!!

JonInMiddleGA
08-26-2005, 11:35 PM
Sorry, all eps airing between now & late September look like re-runs :(
Then again, all the changes last season pretty much killed most of my interest in the show anyway, so I'm not nearly as crushed as I would have been a year ago at this time.

Glengoyne
08-26-2005, 11:36 PM
Didn't they get rid of all the regulars, and replace them last season....or was that like the Dallas Dream Season?

Flasch186
08-27-2005, 07:34 AM
i like some of the new characters but yes, they freakin' killed off everyone.

QuikSand
08-27-2005, 07:38 AM
Then again, all the changes last season pretty much killed most of my interest in the show anyway, so I'm not nearly as crushed as I would have been a year ago at this time.

Agreed. Bloody wankers.

QuikSand
09-30-2005, 12:15 PM
I see that "Spooks" has made it to episode four of its new season. Anyone know what the delay is before we get the dumbed-down versions here stateside?

QuikSand
10-22-2006, 09:23 AM
Well, after getting a few new (well, new to me) eipsodes, it lapsed for a couple of weeks, and then I got an avalanche yesterday, as they ran a marathon -- not of old episodes (as usual) but eight back-to-back "new" episodes. I'm guessing this is A&E deciding this show isn't going to hold an actual lineup spot for them, but they are just airing stuff that they already had paid for. *shurg*

Not sure how motivated I am to watch all this, especially given the shaky circumstances. Anyone else know more clearly what's up here?

QuikSand
03-12-2007, 09:09 AM
I finally finished watching the marathon of A&E showings, which finished up season four.

I don't want to give away any spoilers (even on stuff that's months and months old) but it's a pretty frustrating show to try to stay in touch with, isn't it?

Coder
03-12-2007, 10:26 AM
I finally finished watching the marathon of A&E showings, which finished up season four.

I don't want to give away any spoilers (even on stuff that's months and months old) but it's a pretty frustrating show to try to stay in touch with, isn't it?

Think of it as a George RR Martin novel.. he always says he wants his readers to actually be worried about the main characters when they're in danger, and not just shrug it off as "oh, the heroes always end up fine"..

Flasch186
03-12-2007, 12:41 PM
totally forgot about this show.

Critch
06-06-2007, 08:15 AM
For anybody who missed MI-5/Spooks first time round (like I did), BBC America started showing it last night. They're starting right from the beginning, Series 1 episode 1 and 2 were shown last night and are repeated a number of times before episode 3 next tuesday.

sterlingice
06-09-2007, 02:25 PM
We don't get BBC America :(

Which is a shame since I saw they also got Torchwood instead of Sci-Fi

SI