PDA

View Full Version : WTF- Eddie George

Lathum
08-27-2005, 12:33 AM
When did he hang it up. I am watching him do color on the NFL Network. He is pretty good also.

aran
08-27-2005, 12:54 AM
After last season, i'm guessing. Right now the Giants have the worst color guy i've ever heard. Carl Banks. When they had technical difficulties and there was no audio, i was hoping it was going to stay like that for the rest of the game because of Carl. Not only is he repulsively ugly, but he almost never has anything useful or not-obvious to say. He called Tim Hasselbeck by Matt Hasselbeck a few times and didn't correct himself, among many other offenses.

korme
08-27-2005, 01:20 AM
Lath, it's kinda like Cris Carter situation a few years back. No team signed him, so he did some broadcasting. Got signed by the Fins midseason and left. I don't think George ever officially announced anything, but I would say there's a high chance he's done.

Raven
08-27-2005, 02:44 AM
When did he hang it up. I am watching him do color on the NFL Network. He is pretty good also.

I watched the TB vs Tenn pre-season game a couple weeks ago and Eddie was commentating. He said he still had the cleats in his trunk, and was waiting for a call. So I assumed he wasn't retired, but just hadn't gotten an acceptable offer yet.

From that game, I definitely thought he was a poor commentator. In fact, I thought he was the worst I had every witnessed.

yabanci
08-27-2005, 02:58 AM
x
Titans | George Visits; Says He Still Wants to Play
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:38:10 -0700

Teresa M. Walker, of The Associated Press, reports free agent RB Eddie George visited the Tennessee Titans' training camp Wednesday, Aug. 10. George said it was emotional being back on the field where he spent so much time before asking to be released in July 2004 in a salary dispute. "It's good to see the old guys, see the coaches, some guys I played with and you know, it's a good feeling,'' George said. George keeps a house in Nashville, and he is training and staying in shape in case he does get a call. For now, he is scheduled to do television work for WKRN-2 in Nashville. ''Maybe something will come up in the next couple of weeks, but I'm not at all complaining right now (that) I have to be in camp in two-a-days,'' George said.

Titans | George Returns; In Television Booth
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 15:46:45 -0700

Mike Organ, of the Tennessean, reports free agent RB Eddie George (Cowboys) will be back with the Tennessee Titans when the preseason begins; this time, however, it will be in a television booth as he helps cover preseason games on WKRN-2. He is set to cover all four preseason games. George is still hoping to catch on with an NFL team this year.

http://www.kffl.com/player/1879/NFL

Lorena
08-27-2005, 03:08 AM
Antmeister and I were watching a Chargers game on Fox about 10 years ago with Jimmy Johnson and Terry Bradshaw as commentators. Let me tell you, I have NEVER heard anything as pathetic as that, "Hey Jimmy, did you see that catch?", "Stan Humphries threw that ball really hard".. you know, completely obvious stuff. They were so bad we actually turned down the tv... Good God, I hope they never do that again!! Thank goodness for Lee Hacksaw Hamilton.... SHOW ME YOUR LIGHTNING BOLT!!!

Galaril
08-27-2005, 08:18 AM
I watched the TB vs Tenn pre-season game a couple weeks ago and Eddie was commentating. He said he still had the cleats in his trunk, and was waiting for a call. So I assumed he wasn't retired, but just hadn't gotten an acceptable offer yet.

From that game, I definitely thought he was a poor commentator. In fact, I thought he was the worst I had every witnessed. :rolleyes:

I saw the game and he did an exceptional job. He is a very bright guy and I think he will be an excellent color guy. I guess a Raven's fan wouldn't be fair or objective towards George in anyway. Hey, at least he's better then Ray Lewis would be. Shit, that is if he could stay I out of jail.

Ksyrup
08-27-2005, 09:01 AM
We're talking announcer smack. Now I've seen everything.

Rizon
08-27-2005, 10:07 AM
When did he hang it up.

Raven
08-27-2005, 10:31 AM
:rolleyes:

I saw the game and he did an exceptional job. He is a very bright guy and I think he will be an excellent color guy. I guess a Raven's fan wouldn't be fair or objective towards George in anyway.

Hey, at least he's better then Ray Lewis would be. Shit, that is if he could stay I out of jail.

He seemed out of place in the booth. I don't remember the other commentator's name, but whenever he spoke, Eddie was a few seconds delayed in his response to him- he wasn't on top of things enough for me to say he was good. Also, If you like every sentence of your commentary filled with "umm", and "uhhh" then I guess you could call him exceptional.

Regardless of the old Titans/Ravens rivalry, I never disliked Eddie. I appreciated his talent, and I actually liked McNair. So you saying I can't be objective of Eddie is lame. I didn't judge him any differently than I would anyone else in the booth.

Wow. Strong finale with the Ray Lewis comment, loser.

CHEMICAL SOLDIER
08-27-2005, 10:57 AM
I ope Eddie George plays again.

Buccaneer
08-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Antmeister and I were watching a Chargers game on Fox about 10 years ago with Jimmy Johnson and Terry Bradshaw as commentators. Let me tell you, I have NEVER heard anything as pathetic as that, "Hey Jimmy, did you see that catch?", "Stan Humphries threw that ball really hard".. you know, completely obvious stuff. They were so bad we actually turned down the tv... Good God, I hope they never do that again!! Thank goodness for Lee Hacksaw Hamilton.... SHOW ME YOUR LIGHTNING BOLT!!!
You hadn't been doing that with the ESPN Sunday Night boradcasts all of these years?

Galaril
08-27-2005, 12:53 PM
He seemed out of place in the booth. I don't remember the other commentator's name, but whenever he spoke, Eddie was a few seconds delayed in his response to him- he wasn't on top of things enough for me to say he was good. Also, If you like every sentence of your commentary filled with "umm", and "uhhh" then I guess you could call him exceptional.

Regardless of the old Titans/Ravens rivalry, I never disliked Eddie. I appreciated his talent, and I actually liked McNair. So you saying I can't be objective of Eddie is lame. I didn't judge him any differently than I would anyone else in the booth.

Wow. Strong finale with the Ray Lewis comment, loser.

Ah..................nevermind it's not worth it.

Draft Dodger
08-27-2005, 06:42 PM
I ope Eddie George plays again.

me too

but not for my team