PDA

View Full Version : Question about the draft

progen
10-20-2005, 05:33 AM
I've been asked to be commissioner of a league for a bunch of us at work. I've been away from FOF for awhile as far as online play and was reading the forums on how to sim, etc. The one thing that I noticed when going through a "trial run", is that when I created the html, in the 2004 draft which seems to be automatically done for you, there are some teams that apparently "forfeited" their pick. Not sure why that was coming up? I did play around with setting up a few teams as human owners, so perhaps that had something to do with it. Just looking for some help here.

Also, when a team wants to sign a free agent or makes a trade, I'm assuming I have control of doing that in commissioner mode, but just wanted to see how that works too. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Cuckoo
10-20-2005, 10:14 AM
I've been asked to be commissioner of a league for a bunch of us at work. I've been away from FOF for awhile as far as online play and was reading the forums on how to sim, etc. The one thing that I noticed when going through a "trial run", is that when I created the html, in the 2004 draft which seems to be automatically done for you, there are some teams that apparently "forfeited" their pick. Not sure why that was coming up? I did play around with setting up a few teams as human owners, so perhaps that had something to do with it. Just looking for some help here.

Are you using a roster file or the game default? If you're using a roster file, if a player was left out for one reason of another, it will show up that way in the HTML I believe. It is doubtful that it's because of anything you did.

Also, when a team wants to sign a free agent or makes a trade, I'm assuming I have control of doing that in commissioner mode, but just wanted to see how that works too. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

GMs make their own FA offers in their game and export to you. When you load all the exports at the same time, the FA chooses among any teams that have made him an offer.

You will enter any and all trades.