For Defensemen Eric Brewer, Doug Lynch and Jeff Woywitka
<p>
Blues Defenseman Al MacInnis Announces
Retirement Following 23 NHL Seasons
<p>
Fans, It's Time To "Get on the Bus!"

MizzouRah
11-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Chris Pronger, gone? THE Chris Pronger who was traded for a much loved Brendan Shanahan back in 1995? THE Chris Pronger who in 1999-2000 became the first defenseman since Bobby Orr to win both the Hart trophy (league MVP) and Norris trophy in the same year? Cost cutting move for sure, but a terrible one nonetheless.

Al MacInnis's retirement was inevitable, but this now leaves two holes at defense for this team.

Get on the bus? What bus is that? The last place bus, the special bus for losers, or that yellow short bus? How can the home crowd get excited about this team, especially after a year of no hockey? This team needs rebuilt, reenergized, and remolded.

My plan is to become GM of this team and do something NOBODY has EVER done in the history of the organization... WIN A STANLEY CUP!!!

MizzouRah
11-16-2005, 02:31 PM
http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/6589/blues8qi.gif

Each week I will go over the team and then follow with an overall NHL/EHM universe news and notes via "The Official Blues Weekly".

I don't want to post too many stats as I know it then becomes a boring paste and cut dynasty and well, my longevity with dynasties is not too good overall as it is.

I bought EHM quite some time ago and haven't really played much since hearing about the NA patch and then 2.1.2 which had an overhaul of the players database. Furthermore, I'm sure I'll ask some questions from time to time to those "vets" out there as I get used to the interface and new league rules.

Since the Blues are dead last so far this year IRL and well, FWIW it's easier to take the role of the Cardinals or Rams GM, this should be quite fun as it evolves.

Feel free to comment or post anything you would like to see added, changed, or dropped.

Thanks.

Johnny93g
11-16-2005, 02:47 PM
TRADE LALIME!!!!

NoSkillz
11-16-2005, 04:53 PM
TRADE LALIME!!!!
Seconded!

Just not for Biron...he sucks worse! ;)

Blade6119
11-16-2005, 05:06 PM
HELL YA BUDDY!!! Glad you decided to go through with the idea, this should be a real challenge...you know ill be reading!

duff88
11-16-2005, 05:28 PM
I had a NHL:EHM Dynasty with the Blues where I decided to rebuild. I got rid of Tkachuk and Lalime and acquired Michalek, Denis & S.Kapanen but the team was dead last in the league with 5-28-5... and our top scorer was free agent signed Donald Audette with around 25.

MizzouRah
11-16-2005, 06:22 PM
LaLime should be cringing right now. :)

Thanks to all of you!

MizzouRah
11-16-2005, 06:57 PM
Year: 2005 Month: September Issue: Inagural

MizzouRah new Blues GM: MizzouRah has been hired as the new St. Louis Blues General Manager.

Board looks forward to playoffs: The St. Louis Blues directors expect the team to reach the playoffs this season.

2005/06 NHL schedule released: Blues will open with games against Sharks (away), Blackhawks (home), and Oilers (home) on Wednesday October 5 2005, Thursday October 6 2005, and Tuesday October 11 2005 respectively.

Board confidence update: The St. Louis Blues directors are looking forward to a long and successful era under your management.

The team's financial status is excellent.

Copyright, 2005, TOBW

st.cronin
11-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Board looks forward to playoffs: The St. Louis Blues directors expect the team to reach the playoffs this season.

hahahahahahahaha

MizzouRah
11-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Year: 2005 Month: September Issue: 1

Blues training camp about to start!: St. Louis Blues training camp begins tomorrow. A total of 31 players are expected to participate. This year, there are 7 tryout players attending the camp.

I personally asked a veteran player named Patrick Lebeau to come tryout. He's fast and out of 905 hockey games played, 15 of them were in the NHL where he scored 3 goals and had 2 assits. You never know.

Mogilny inducted into NHL Hall of Fame: Right winger Alexander Mogilny's great NHL career was capped with his induction to the Hall of Fame yesterday. After 15 years in the league, he finished with 956 games, 461 goals, and 546 assists for a total of 1007 points. Mogilny will officially be entered into the Hall at a ceremony later this season.

Kings want to acquire Tkachuk: Sources close to the team are reporting that the Los Angeles Kings are looking to land Keith Tkachuck from the St. Louis Blues.

Well, isn't that nice to know? I'll start with what I have before I even think about giving up Tkachuk for prospects. I deny the rumor to the media and assure Tkachuk he's not being shopped around prior to the season starting.

Blues training camp up to speed: Day One of St. Louis Blues training camp included physicals to evaluate the fitness of each player. Reporting to camp in the best shape was Eric Brewer and Eric Weinrich. Only Josh Francis left something to be desired.

Concerning Josh Francis... In a closed door meeting, I immeditately terminate his tryout and explain to the rest of the youngsters invited to tryouts that this is NOT acceptable on this team.

Team Blue victorious in morning scrimmage: The coaching staff was rinkside evaluating the players and said that Keith Tkachuk put in the best performance, and also had positive comments about Jamal Mayers and Petr Cajenek.

Copyright, 2005, TOBW

MizzouRah
11-17-2005, 10:38 PM
Year: 2005 Month: September Issue: 2

Rejects: Rastislav Pavlikovsky and Jonas Johnson reject offers from the Blues for tryouts.

Team Blue triumphs in morning scrimmage: At St. Louis Blues training camp this morning, Team Blue won their scrimmage against Team Red with a score of 6-2.

The coaching staff was rinkside evaluating the players and said that Keith Tkachuck put in the best performance, and also had positive comments about Doug Weight and Patrick Lebeau.

Lebeau? Nice to read about him doing so well, he had 2 assists and was a +2 in the last scrimmage. He won't be with the first cuts, that's for sure.

Aaron Downey disappointing in camp: Speculation is swirling around St. Louis Blues as Aaron Downey has looked a little out of shape and hasn't been making much of an effort in the training camp scrimmages. Don Granato is said to be extremely unhappy with his performance shown by the player. In the last game, Downey had 24 shifts and was a -3 for the night.

Blues expected to make first cuts: Mike Kitchen has reminded you that St. Louis Blues are expected to make the first cuts of training camp today.

First Cuts:
None

Waivers:
RD/LD Andy Roach
RW Aaron Downey
RW/LW Jeff Hogan

Kitchen files reports on LD Jackson and LW LeBeau:
Mike Kitchen feels that defenseman Scott Jackson still has a lot to learn, but has the potential to succeed at this level.

Kitchen is an 18 at judging player ability. I lay a hot prospect tag on this guy and approach to sign him as he plays for Seattle in the WHL.

Jackson wants $1.35 million until June of 2008 plus a signing bonus of $23,000. My board will allow a salary up to $850,000 (p/a) for this contract. The current salary total is $32M (p/a), while the player budget is $36M (p/a) and the cap is $39M (p/a).

I offer him what he wants as we need defensemen and at 18 he has a lot of room to grow.

Mike Kitchen feels that left winger Patrick LeBeau is no better than our current core of players. He sees no reason for continuing our interest in the player.

Well, I'll at least keep him around until the end of training camp and see what happens.

No problems for Coyotes against Blues: Coyotes 7-0 Blues.
A very solid performance from the Phoenix Coyotes players saw their team pick up a 7-0 win over the St. Louis Blues at Glendale Ice Hall. The Coyotes were clearly the better team, and the final score could have wound up much more lopsided.

What? 7-0 in my first game as GM. Ouch, eek, gasp...

C/LW Cajanek injured: Petr Cajanek will be out of action for about ten days after he suffered a mild comcussion in the Blues 7-0 exhibition loss to the Coyotes on Tuesday. RW Aaron Downey expected to take his place.

Kitchen files his reports on RW Boutin and RW/C Troy Riddle:
Mike Kitchen feels that right winger Jonathan Boutin and right winger Troy Riddle lacks the skill to succeed at this level and that there is no point in pursuing our interest in these players.

Fair enough, for now.

LD Jackson: Seattle Thunderbirds's Scott Jackson is pleased to have agreed to terms with the St. Louis Blues. The transfer of Seattle's Scott Jackson to the Blues is set to be completed.

Team Blue victorious in morning scrimmage: At St. Louis Blues training camp this morning, Team Blue claimed a victory in their scrimmage against Team Red with a final score of 5.4.

The coaching staff was rinkside evaluating the players and said that Dean McAmmond put in the best performance, and also had positive comments about Troy Riddle and Matt Walker.

So far, Tkachuk leads with 5 goals, Weight leads with 6 assists and 8 points. Mark Rycroft and Keith Tkachuk lead with +4 rating.
Lalime has a 3.00 GA and Divis a 7.00 GA.

Aaron Downey once again struggling in camp: The coaching staff in St. Louis training camp were upset with Aaron Downey over his game readiness and poor attitude in the last few training camp scrimmages. Mike Kitchen has reported that he will have to pick up his play in order to secure his spot on the roster.

Downey could not be reached for comments, but his agent said he's not too happy with all the negative press about his client.

I immediately send him down to Peoria and call up RW Reed Low and LW Peter Sejna.

The League's first suspension: Senators LW Brett Clouthier took a punishing cross check from the Devils RW Alexander Suglobov. Suglobov received a 5 min major penalty and a game misconduct for the hit. Clouthier would be ok after being helped off the ice. Suglobov was suspended by the league for one NHL game starting on September 16.

Roach on the way out: Blues defensemen Andy Roach has been placed on the trading block by his General Manager. Devils, Canucks, and Thrashers have reportedly spoken to his agent.

We'll see what we can get youth wise for him. I'm not expecting much, but who knows?

Blues shutout the Penguins, 3-0: Patrick LaLime gets a perfect 10 rating as he stops 35 shots in route to a 3-0 win over rookie sensation Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins. C Mike Sillinger had two goals and Dallas Drake added his first goal of exhibition. LD Scott Jackson continues to impress as he goes +2 for the game.

NY Rangers made it clear that Jaromir Jagr is untouchable: Chairnam James Dolan told a press conference that Jagr is completely happy where he is and wants to spend the rest of his career with the team.

Team Blue victorious in morning scrimmage: Team Blue claimed a victory in their scrimmage against Team Red with a final score of 6-3. The coaching staff was pleased with Dallas Drakes performance and also had positive comments about Doug Weight and Keith Tkachuk.

Barret Jackman disappointing in camp: Speculation is swirling around the St. Louis Blues as LD Barrett Jackman has looked a little out of shape and hasn't been making much of an effort in the training camp scrimmages. Mike Kitchen is said to be extremely unhappy with the performance shown by the player.

I have a talk with Barret and he's still trying to get back from last year's injury which kept him out most of the 2004-05 season. Mike's been hard on the team, especially after the 7-0 loss in their first exhibition game.

Blues expected to make final cuts: Mike reminds me that final cuts are due soon and him and I should sit down and finalize the roster for the beginning of the season.

Mike and I go over things as we finalize the roster.

Copyright, 2005, TOBW

DeToxRox
11-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Lebeau is going to be the guy I root for.

DON'T CUT HIM YOUR HEARTLESS BASTARD!!

Keep it up tho, its awesome.

Izulde
11-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Enough of these EHM dynasties crop up and I'm going to buy the damn game and take an NHL team because unlike in FM, I find the lower-league teams boring to play.

MizzouRah
11-18-2005, 07:06 AM
Thanks Detox! I'm pulling for him to. :)

Izulde - seems as if Detox started something and well so far, this game has been quite addicting as I continue to learn and bombard him with questions. :)

Taking the Blues is definitly going to be a challenge!

JonInMiddleGA
11-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Since the Blues are dead last so far this year IRL and well, FWIW it's easier to take the role of the Cardinals or Rams GM, this should be quite fun as it evolves.

Feel free to comment or post anything you would like to see added, changed, or dropped.

Not really an "add, change, or drop" but just a comment: for some reason, this dynasty has put the spark of an idea in the back of my mind -- I wonder what it might be like for someone to take a team that they have no interest in (in my case, the Blues would suffice) and run a rebuilding campaign with them ... ultimately setting up a compare & contrast situation with a similar effort by someone who had a personal interest.

Dunno if I've got time enough to tackle such a thing, dunno how odd an idea it really is (it's kinda CMesque really, taking a team you aren't attached to & running them), but it just kinda struck me as potentially interesting to see how the attached/disaffected might compare.

Booj
11-18-2005, 08:59 AM
Not really an "add, change, or drop" but just a comment: for some reason, this dynasty has put the spark of an idea in the back of my mind -- I wonder what it might be like for someone to take a team that they have no interest in (in my case, the Blues would suffice) and run a rebuilding campaign with them ... ultimately setting up a compare & contrast situation with a similar effort by someone who had a personal interest.

Dunno if I've got time enough to tackle such a thing, dunno how odd an idea it really is (it's kinda CMesque really, taking a team you aren't attached to & running them), but it just kinda struck me as potentially interesting to see how the attached/disaffected might compare.

That's one of the reasons I'm not going with the Canadiens for my dynasty... I feel I'm already too attached to the players to not look at ratings and just names... and because they won't be much of a challenge...

If you don't want to take the Blues, I might...

MizzouRah
11-18-2005, 10:27 AM

Dunno if I've got time enough to tackle such a thing, dunno how odd an idea it really is (it's kinda CMesque really, taking a team you aren't attached to & running them), but it just kinda struck me as potentially interesting to see how the attached/disaffected might compare.Actually Jon, it's an interesting idea and one that is definitly welcome (you or booj). Heck, you'll probably do better than I do. ;)

I'm hoping this gets me back into my Blues team as I scramble to find out about the two farm clubs and the youth that has started to stockpile.

For once, it's nice to know my team sucks. :) It should be a task learning the game and builing this team through trial and error and, some knowledge of the team at hand.

MizzouRah
11-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Year: 2005 Month: September Issue: 3

Blues offer Lebeau and Riddle contracts: The contract offers are as follows:
Lebeau
Offered $950,000 total for two years and $75,000 signing bonus. He wanted a 3 year contract and $110,000 signing bonus.

Riddle
This guy has 4 goals and 2 assists in training camp and I like what I see. He's offered what he wants, 2 years - $900,000 total and $14,250 signing bonus.

Lebeau agrees to join Blues: Frankfurt Lion's Patrick Lebeau is pleased to have agreed to terms with the St. Louis Blues.

Blues finish training camp: St. Louis Blues training camp ends today. The final practice will bring together the 33 players for final evaluations by the coaching staff. There are still 8 tryout players at the camp.

Kitchen tells me that none of the tryout players interest him or his staff. He isn't too pleased I signed Lebeau and offered Riddle a contract, but I shrug it off.

Could Roach find a new hone?: Sources close to the team are reporting that the New Jersey Devils are looking to land Andy Roach from the St. Louis Blues.

I start by offering him to the Devils for a 2006 2nd round draft pick.

NHL Season Preview: InsideHockey.com has previewed the upcoming NHL season by listing the best and the worst teams in the league, as well as the players most valuable to their teams.

The strongest Stanley Cup contender was predicted to be the Detroit Red Wings with the New Jersey Devils right behind them. The press also ranked the New York Rangers and the Edmonton Oilers as solid contenders. At the botton of the barrel, the Washington Capitals and the Minnesota Wild are expected to struggle this year.

The full list of teams in the preview is as follows:

1. Detroit Red Wings - Team MVP: Nicklas Lidstrom, Key New Face: Chris Osgood
2. New Jersey Devils - Team MVP: Martin Brodeur, Key New Face: Vladimir Malakhov
3. Philadelphia Flyers - Team MVP: Peter Forsberg, Key New Face: Derian Hatcher
4. Ottawa Senators - Team MVP: Dany Heatley, Key New Face: Claude Lapointe
5. Vancouver Canucks - Team MVP: Markus Naslund, Key New Face: Anson Carter
6. Tampa Bay Lightning - Team MVP: Vincent Lecavalier, Key New Face: Sean Burke
7. Florida Panthers - Team MVP, Roberto Luongo, Key New Face: Jozef Stumpel
8. Pittsburgh Penguins - Team MVP: Mario Lemieux, Key New Face: Sidney Crosby
9. Calgary Flames - Team MVP: Jarome Iginla, Key New Face: Tony Amonte
10. Colorado Avalanche - Team MVP: Joe Sakic, Key New Face: Pierre Turgeon
11. Boston Bruins - Team MVP: Joe Thornton, Key New Face: Brian Leetch
12. Atlanta Thrashers - Team MVP: Marian Hossa, Key New Face: Bobby Holik
13. New York Islanders - Team MVP: Alexei Yashin, Key New Face: Miroslav Satan
14. Toronto Maple Leafs - Team MVP: Eric Lindros, Key New Face: Jason Allison
15. New York Rangers - Team MVP: Jaromir Jagr, Key New Face: Martin Rucinsky
16. Edmonton Oilers - Team MVP: Chris Pronger, Key New Face: Michael Peca
17. Montreal Canadiens - Team MVP: Jose Theodore, Key New Face: Mathieu Dandenault
18. Nashville Predators - Team MVP: Paul Kariya, Key New Face: Danil Markov
19. Dallas Stars - Team MVP: Marty Turco, Key New Face: Martin Skoula
20. San Jose Sharks - Team MVP: Evgeni Nabokov
21. Phoenix Coyotes - Team MVP: Shane Doan, Key New Face: Curtis Joseph
22. Los Angeles Kings - Team MVP: Pavol Demitra, Key New Face: Jeremy Roenick
23. Mighty Ducks of Anaheim - Team MVP: Scott Niedermayer, Key New Face: Teemu Selanne
24. Chicago Blackhawks - Team MVP: Nikolai Khabibulin, Key New Face: Adrian Aucoin
25. Buffalo Sabres - Team MVP: Daniel Briere, Key New Face: Teppo Numminen
26. Carolina Hurricanes - Team MVP: Cory Stillman, Key New Face: Ray Whitney
27. Columbus Blue Jackets - Team MVP: Adam Foote, Key New Face: Bryan Berard
28. St. Louis Blues - Team MVP: Doug Weight, Key New Face: Eric Brewer
29. Minnesota Wild - Team MVO: Todd White, Key New Face: Daniel Tjarnqvist
30. Washington Capitals - Team MVP: Jeff Friesen, Key New Face: Alexander Ovechkin

#28? Figured such, but I would have listed Tkachuk as Team MVP.

Blues lose to Atlanta in exhibition, 3-2: defenseman Andy Roach scored a goal as well as Scott Young, but a goal by Greg de Vries with :09 left in the 3rd period wins in for the Thrashers.

We were outshot 34-19 and 0-4 on the power play. Roach's stock might have went up though as New Jersey scouts attended the game.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim are looking to make a trade with the Phoenix Coyotes:
Mighty Ducks have offered:
- The 2006 4th round pick

In return, Coyotes would give:
- Mike LeClerc

New Jersey Devils have rejected the proposed trade with the St. Louis Blues: New Jersey felt the offer was not good enough to suit their needs.

I'll hold off for now. I'm sure sooner or later, he'll be gone.

Blues beat Edmonton in exhibition, 2-1: Lalime stopped 36 shots and Tkachuk and Weight added goals to spoil Prongers first meeting against the Blues.

Good game, we were outshot once again, but we played well as a team.

Copyright, 2005, TOBW

jbmagic
11-19-2005, 02:39 PM
i hope this dynasty will last. :)

i love reading your dysnasty you do.

MizzouRah
11-19-2005, 06:31 PM
i hope this dynasty will last. :)

i love reading your dysnasty you do.
Thank you. Good news is I'm not getting an Xbox 360, which means all my free time will be on the PC. :)

Blade6119
11-19-2005, 06:35 PM
You know what, i might just have to buy this game since i heared the blues are looking for a new Defensive Coordinator lol ;)

MizzouRah
11-19-2005, 06:37 PM
You know what, i might just have to buy this game since i heared the blues are looking for a new Defensive Coordinator lol ;)
Did you read my mind? ;)

MizzouRah
11-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Year: 2005 Month: September Issue: 4

Petr Cajanek has resumed skating after returning from his head injury: He's expected to be back in full-contact practices in a few days.

This is great news for our offense.

Vancouver Canucks claimed St. Louis Blues C/RW Trent Whitfield off waivers: I figured Whitfield might get claimed, but signing Lebeau made him expendable.

Could Volchenkov find a new home?: Recent rumors are suggesting that Columbus Blue Jackets are looking to acquire Anton Volchenkov from Ottawa Senators. Senators General Manager John Muckler denied that Volchenkov might be moved.

The proposed Mighty Ducks of Anaheim trade has been accepted by the Phoenix Coyotes:

Mighty Ducks get LW Mike LeClerc and the Coyotes get the Ducks 2006 4th round draft pick.
LeClerc has played 251 games so far in his NHL career, scoring 46 goals and 67 assists for 113 points. He's also spent 229 minutes in the box.

Maple Leafs want to acquire Smith: Sources close to the team are reporting that the Toronto Maple Leafs are looking to land Jason Smith from the Edmonton Oilers.

Cajanek resumes practicing: Petr Cajanek has begun full-contact practice after returning from his mild concussion.

He should be in the lineup in our last exhibition game vs Tampa Bay.

Vyborny rumor: Sources close to the team are reporting that the Toronto Maple Leafs are looking to land David Vyborny from the Columbus Blue Jackets. Blue Jackets GM Doug MacLean denied that Vyborny might be moved.

Hall rumor: Sources close to the team are reporting that the Minnesota Wild are looking to land Adam Hall from the Nashville Predators.

Blues lose to Tampa Bay in their last exhibition game, 5-3: Divis looked terrible in goal, but with Cajanek back, our offense had 26 shots on goal.

Trade proposal between Oilers and Blues: Edmonton Oilers are looking to make a trade with the St. Louis Blues.

They inquired about"
- Andy Roach

Blues have decided to negotiate the offer.

I offer Andy Roach for LD Danny Syvret. Danny is only 20 yrs old and in 199 games for London of the OHL has 34 goals, 88 asissts, 122 points, and is a +114.

Brylin put on the block: New Jersey Devils center Sergei Brylin has been placed on the trading block by his GM, Lou Lamoriello.

The news has already drawn some Oilers interest, and they wouldn't be concerned about the size of his contract.

Abid suspended for one game: Ramzi Abid has been suspended for one NHL game starting on September 27 2005, after being ejected in the Thrashers - Blackhawks exhibition game. The Thrashers were beaten 6-4 in a good game.
Abid cross-checked Ruutu in the chest late in the 2nd period in retaliation for Ruutu's hit on him earlier in the game.

Proposed trade between Oilers and Blues has been rejected: Edmonton Oilers cancelled the proposed trade with the St. Louis Blues.

I didn't think it would go through, and for now I'll take him off the block.

Cullimore on the move!: Sources close to the team are reporting that the Washington Capitals are looking to land Jassen Cullimore from the Chicago Blackhawks.

NHL Top Goalies: TheFourthPeriod.com has listed their top 10 National Hockey League goaltenders for the 2005/2006 season. The top netminder is Martin Brodeur, followed by Roberto Luongo.

The full list as follows:
1. Martin Brodeur (Devils)
2. Roberto Luongo (Panthers)
3. Jose Theodore (Canadiens)
4. Dominik Hasek (Senators)
5. Miikka Kiprusoff (Flames)
6. Nikolai Khabibulin (Blackhawks)
7. Tomas Vokoun (Nashville)
8. Ed Belfour (Maple Leafs)
9. Marty Turco (Stars)
10. Evgeni Nabokov (Sharks)

NHL Top Defensemen: TheFourthPeriod.com has listed their top 10 National Hockey League defensemen for the 2005/2006 season. The top rearguard is Chris Pronger, followed by Scott Niedermayer.

The full list is as follows:
1. Chris Pronger (Oilers)
2. Scott Niedermayer (Mighty Ducks)
3. Nicklas Lidstrom (Red Wings)
4. Rob Blake (Colorado)
5. Ed Jovanovski (Canucks)
6. Zdeno Chara (Senators)
7. Mattias Ohlund (Canucks)
8. Sergei Gonchar (Penguins)
9. Roman Hamrlik (Flames)
10. Dan Boyle (Lightning)

Pronger, why must you haunt me?

NHL Top Left Wingers: TheFourthPeriod.com has listed their top 10 National Hockey League left wingers for the 2005/2006 season. The top portsider in the league is Markus Naslund, followed by Ilya Kovalchuk.

1. Markus Naslund (Canucks)
2. Ilya Kovalchuk (Thrashers)
3. Patrik Elias (Devils)
4. Dany Heatley (Senators)
5. Zigmund Palffy (Penguins)
6. Simon Gagne (Flyers)
7. Ryan Smith (Oilers)
8. Paul Kariya (Nashville)
9. Sergei Samsonov (Bruins)
10. Rick Nash (Blue Jackets)

NHL Top Centers: TheFourthPeriod.com has listed their top 10 National Hockey League centers for the 2005/2006 season. The league's best center is Mario Lemieux, followed by Joe Sakic.

1. Mario Lemieux (Penguins)
2. Joe Sakic (Colorado)
3. Peter Forsberg (Flyers)
4. Vincent Lecavalier (Lightning)
5. Joe Thornton (Bruins)
6. Brad Richards (Lightning)
7. Sergei Fedorov (Mighty Ducks)
8. Alexei Yashin (NY Islanders)
9. Mats Sundin (Maple Leafs)
10. Olli Jokinen (Panthers)

NHL Top Right Wingers: TheFourthPeriod.com has listed their top 10 National Hockey League right wingers for the 2005/2006 season. The best RW in the league is Jarome Iginla, followed by Jaromir Jagr.

1. Jarome Iginla (Flames)
2. Jaromir Jagr (NY Rangers)
3. Todd Bertuzzi (Canucks)
4. Martin St. Louis (Lightning)
5. Daniel Alredsson (Senators)
6. Marian Hossa (Thrashers)
7. Shane Doan (Coyotes)
8. Steve Sullivan (Nashville)
9. Alexi Kovalev (Canadiens)
10. Brendan Shanahan (Red Wings)

Not one St. Louis Blues player mentioned in the Top 10 of any category. Yep, going to be a long season.

Staios on the move!: Sources close to the team are reporting that the Pittsburgh Penguins are looking to land Steve Staios from the Edmonton Oilers. Oilers GM Kevin Lowe denied that Staios might be moved.

Trade proposal between Blues and Oilers: St. Louis Blues are looking to make a trade with the Edmonton Oilers.

Blues have offered:
- Andy Roach and Aaron MacKenzie

In return, Oilers would give:
- Steve Staios

I would love to add Staios to this team, but I don't think the Oilers will go for this offer. I wish there was a way to see what a team would except for a player on their team. (sigh)

Proposed trade between Blues and Oilers has been rejected: The Devils counter with Steve Staios in exchange for the Blues 3rd round 2006 draft pick.

I add Peoria LD Aaron MacKenzie and hope for the best.

As September comes to a close, we're just about ready for the October 5th season opener against the San Jose Sharks.

Copyright, 2005, TOBW

Blade6119
11-19-2005, 09:52 PM
If you want to see what a team wants for a player, submit a trade request for him and dont offer anything...it will basically inquire as to what they want for him or if they are willing to give him up at all

MizzouRah
11-19-2005, 10:02 PM
If you want to see what a team wants for a player, submit a trade request for him and dont offer anything...it will basically inquire as to what they want for him or if they are willing to give him up at all
Thanks DC!! ;)

MizzouRah
11-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Year: 2005 Month: October Issue: 1

Staios may be headed to Maple Leafs: With the Edmonton Oilers looking to restock their system and build from within, Steve Staios is generating interest around the league. The Toronto Maple Leafs appear to be a likely destination, with reports indicating GM John Ferguson Jr. is willing to unload a veteran player in return.

A Hockey News report indicated that Oilers GM Kevin Lowe is expected to be coveting some young, but established, talent in return.

Toronto Maple Leafs are looking to make a trade with the Edmonton Oilers:

Maple Leafs have offered:
- Carlo Colaiacovo

- Steve Staios

Klein may be headed to Thrashers: Sources close to the Nashville Predators say the team is involved in trade talks, with Kevin Klein attracting particular interest from other teams. The Atlanta Thrashers appear to be a likely destination, with reports indicating GM Don Waddell is willing to unload a depth player or two in return.

Nashville GM David Poile is expected to require some solid players in return.

Atlanta Thrashers are looking to make a trade with the Nashville Predators:

Thrashers have offered:
- The rights to Myles Stoesz
- The 2006 3rd round pick

In return, Nashville would give:
- Kevin Klein
- The rights to Oliver Setzinger

More rumors of Staios being traded: Reports are that Carolina is interested.

Trade proposal between Carolina and Oilers:

Carolina have offered:

- Steve Staios

Could Neil find a new home?: Recent rumors are suggesting that Calgary Flames are looking to acquire Chris Neil from Ottawa Senators.

Trade negotiation between Oilers and Blues: The Edmonton Oilers have rejected the original offer from the St. Louis Blues because they think the offer would unbalance their roster. However, they are willing to negotiate with the Blues.

Oilers would give up:
- Steve Staios

In return for Blues:

We need another defenseman and Staios would fit well with this team. He's a veteran, but after all the rumors of his trade out of Edmonton, I decide to give Edmonton what they want. Now I'll just have to wait and see.

ISS Preliminary Rankings (NHL) released: International Scouting Service Preliminary Rankings for the NHL Entry Draft 2006 have been released. Michael Frolik was the top ranked player followed by Bryan Little and Peter Mueller.

Frolik is a scoring speedster born in Kladno, Czech Republic in 2/17/88. He shoots left-handed, weighs in at 174 lbs, and is 6 ft in height.

The NHL Entry Draft will take place at Toronto Place on Sat Jun. 24 2006.

ISS Preliminary Rankings (CHL Import) released: International Scouting Service Preliminary Rankings for the CHL Import Draft 2006 have been released. Aleksandr Vasyunov was the top ranked player followed by Viktor Tikhonov and Michal Straka.

Vasyunov is a soft-handed winger born in Yaroslavl, Russia in 4/22/88. He shoots left-handed, weighs in at 185 lbs, and is 6-foot-1 in height.

The CHL Import Draft will take place on Thu Jun. 22 2006.

ISS Preliminary Rankings (OHL) released: International Scouting Service Preliminary Rankings for the OHL Priority Selection 2006 have been released. Philip McRae was the top ranked player followed by James Livingston and Kyle Tarini.

McRae is a player born in Chesterfield, Missouri in 3/15/90. He shoots right-handed weighs in at 156 lbs, and is 6 ft tall.

The OHL Priority Selection will take place on Sat May 6 2006.

This kid is of particular interest because of where he is from. I'll keep my eye on him.

ISS Preliminary Rankings (WHL) released: International Scouting Service Preliminary Rankings for the WHL Bantam Draft 2006 have been released. Darcy St. Pierre was the top ranked player followed by Matt Roberts and Ron Batters.

St. Pierre is a mobile center born in Kindersley, Saskatchewan in 1/27/91. He shoots right-handed, weighs in a 233 lbs, and is 6-foot-1 tall.

The WHL Bantam Draft will take place at Red Deer Ice Hall on Tue May 2 2006.

ISS Preliminary Rankings (QMJHL) released: International Scouting Service Preliminary Rankings for the QMJHL Selection Draft 2006 have been released. Michael Biega was the top ranked player followed by Jeremy Day and Patrice Cormier.

Biega is a center born in Pointe Claire, Quebec in 5/28/89. He shoots left-handed, weighs in at 176 lbs, and is 5-foot-11 tall.

The QMJHL Selection Draft will take place at Bathurst Place on Fri Jun 9 2006.

Copyright, 2005, TOBW

MizzouRah
11-23-2005, 10:42 PM
Year: 2005 Month: October Issue: 2

Mighty Ducks may be interested in Klein: Rumors around the Nashville Predators are heating up and Kevin Klein is apparently generating some interest around the league. The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim seem to be the frontrunners at the moment, with reports saying GM Brian Burke is willing to part with a veteran player in return.

TheForthPeriod.com report said that Nashville GM David Polle is looking to get some solid roster players in return.

Trade proposal between Mighty Ducks and Nashville:

Mighty Ducks have offered:
- The rights to Brendon Irwin

- Kevin Klein

Could Carney find a new home?: Sources close to the team are reporting that the Montreal Canadiens are looking to land Keith Carney from the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.

Trade between Maple Leafs and Oilers accepted:

- Carlo Colaiacovo

While the Oilers offer includes:
- Steve Staios

Oh well, maybe should have jumped on him earlier. He's a vet though and I prefer youth.

AHL scouting started: Scout Wayne Mundey has started his AHL scouting and will report back with his findings.

Scandinavian search started: Scout Thomas Carlsson has started his Scandinavian search, and will report back with his findings.

Rumors have Tanabe going to Carolina: Carolina is interested in Phoenix Coyotes RD David Tanabe.

I also contact Phoenix to inquire about the young defenseman.

Trade proposal between Carolina and Coyotes:

Carolina have offered:
- Danny Richmond
- 2006 3rd round pick

In return, Coyotes would give:
- David Tanabe

Trade between Mighty Ducks and Nashville accepted:

Mighty Ducks get:
- Kevin Klein

In return, Nasville get:
- The rights to Brendon Irwin

Las Vegas Wranglers have rejected the proposed trade with the Alaska Aces: Alaska offered Chris Beckford-Tseu for Las Vegas's Chris Stanley.

2005 Hockey Season Starts:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/130/nhlbanner2nn.gif

Bruins (1-0-0) - 3
Sabres (0-1-0) - 2

Wild (0-1-0) - 0
NY Rangers (1-0-0) - 4

Canucks (0-1-0) - 2
Oilers (1-0-0) - 4

Trade inquiry between Blues and Coyotes turned down: Phoenix Coyotes have rejected the proposed trade inquiry from the St. Louis Blues. They do not think the Blues can offer enough quality assets in a trade.

Blues made an inquiry with the Coyotes about the availability of:
- David Tanabe

Kelowna Rocket's Lorne Frey has agreed to terms with the St. Louis Blues: He's available to start his new job as Assistant GM immediately.

Frey ready for Blues job: Frey joins the Blues!!

"I'm very excited to work with GM Todd Volmert and the St. Louis Blues organization.", said Frey on his new job in the NHL.

Coyotes (0-1-0) - 1
Canadians (1-0-0) - 4

Thrashers (0-1-0) - 0
Senators (1-0-0) - 2

Maple Leafs (1-0-0) - 3
Bruins (1-1-0) - 1

Panthers (0-1-0) - 0
NY Islanders (1-0-0) - 3

Blackhawks (0-1-0) - 1
Blue Jackets (1-0-0) - 4

Red Wings (0-0-1) - 1
Flames (1-0-0) - 1
* Flames win shootout 1-0

Nashville (0-1-0) - 2
Kings (1-0-0) - 4

Stars (1-0-0) - 2
Mighty Ducks (0-1-0) - 1

Frey signs with Blues: Blues hired Kelowna's Lorne Frey as assistant GM. He's signed a deal worth $500K that will keep him with the team until Jun. 30 2008.

This should help out a young GM like myself who's learning the league and the game.

AHL scouting started: Scout Bob Berry has started his AHL scouting and will report back with his findings.

UHL scouting started: Coach Craig Channell has started his US Hockey League scouting and will report back with his findings.

Young prospects search started: Scout Paul Gallagher has started his search for young prospects, and will report back with his findings.

Devils and Nashville trade proposal:

Devils offer:
- 2006 3rd round pick

- Jeremy Stevenson

Kings and Sabres trade proposal:

Kings have offered:
- 2006 4th round pick

In return, Sabres would give:
- Jeff Jillson

Blues and Sharks in season opener!

Copyright, 2005, TOBW

MizzouRah
11-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Year: 2005 Month: October Issue: 3

Trade between Sharks and Sabres accepted:

Sharks get:
- Jeff Jillson

While the Sabres get:
- San Jose 2006 3rd round draft pick

Blues send back Jackson: The St. Louis Blues have sent Scott Jackson back to the Seattle Thunderbirds. He's been removed from their roster and is back witht the Thunderbirds.

Devils (1-0-0) - 4
Carolina (0-1-0) - 2

Penguins (1-0-0) - 4
Lightning (0-1-0) - 3

Blues announce starting roster and lines:

G - Reinhard Divis
G - Patrick Lalime

LD/RD - Christian Backman
LD - Barret Jackman
LD - Bryce Salvador
LD - Eric Weinrich
RD - Eric Brewer
RD/LD - Andy Roach
RD - Matt Walker

LW - Patrick Lebeau
LW - Deam McAmmond
LW - Peter Sejna
LW - Keith Tkachuk
LW/RW - Scott Young
C/RW - Eric Boguniecki (IR)
C/LW - Petr Cajanek
C/RW - Ryan Johnson
C/RW - Mike Sillinger
C - Doug Weight
RW/LW - Dallas Drake
RW - Reed Low
RW - Jamal Mayers
RW/LW - Mark Rycroft

Lines:

G - Lalime

Tkachuk - Weight - Drake
McAmmond - Sejna - Mayers
Young - Lebeau - Cajanek
Low - Sillinger - Rycroft

Jackman - Brewer
Weinrich - Roach
Salvador - Backman

Captains:

C - Doug Weight
A - Keith Tkachuk
A - Barret Jackman

http://nhl.speedera.net/img/team/stl25.gifBlues (0-1-0) - 1
http://nhl.speedera.net/img/team/san25.gif (http://www.sjsharks.com/)Sharks (1-0-0) - 2

Goals:
SJ - Marleau (1) (Sturm, Bombardir)
SJ - Sturm (1) (Bombardir)
STL - Mayers (1) (Roach, McAmmond)
Not dressed: Walker, Johnson

Copyright, 2005, TOBW

DeToxRox
11-25-2005, 11:36 AM
I hope this doesn't echo real life where Mayers becomes your leading scorer :)

MizzouRah
11-25-2005, 12:08 PM
Year: 2005 Month: October Issue: 4

Trade proposal between Flames and Carolina:

Flames have offered:
- The rights to Shawn Cotton
- 2006 3rd round pick

In return, Carolina would give:
- Frantisek Kaberle

Rumors have Coburn going to Wild: Rumors around the Atlanta Thrashers are heating up and Braydon Coburn is apparently generating some interest around the league. The Minnesota Wild seem to be the frontrunners at the moment.

Trade proposal between Wild and Thrashers:

Wild have offered:
- 2006 2nd round pick and 2006 4th round pick

In return, Thrashers would give:
- Braydon Coburn

Mighty Ducks want to acquire Wideman: Recent rumors are suggesting that the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim are looking to acquire defeseman Dennis Wideman from the Blues.

I neither confirm nor deny the rumor, but considering I need defesemen, it would take something big for me to move Wideman.

Noronen on the move?: Recent rumors are suggesting that Calgary Flames are looking to acquire Mika Noronen from Buffalo Sabres.

Rheaume on the way out: New Jersey Devils center Pascal Rheaume has been placed on the trading block by his GM, Lou Lamoriello.

Wilson looking to move Fahey: Devils may be interested in acquiring Jim Fahey after the defenseman was put on the block by San Jose.

Proposed trade between Carolina and Coyotes has been rejected: The offer from Carolina to acquire Tanabe from Phoenix has been rejected by the Coyotes. Right after the announcement Carolina GM added a 2006 4th round draft pick to the trade offer.

Trade between Devils and Nashville accepted:

Devils get:
- Jeremy Stevenson

Nashville get:
- Devils 2006 3rd round draft pick

Stevenson has played 170 games so far in the NHL, scoring 14 goals, 21 assists for 35 points.

Colorado (0-0-1) - 2
Kings (2-0-0) - 2
* Kings win shootout 2-1.

Thrashers (0-2-0) - 3
Canadians (2-0-0) - 4

Bruins (1-2-0) - 1
Senators (2-0-0) - 6

Sabres (0-1-1) - 1
Maple Leafs (2-0-0) - 2
* Maple Leafs win in OT.

Blue Jackets (1-1-0) - 1
NY Islanders (2-0-0) - 2

Flyers (0-0-1) - 3
Capitals (1-0-0) - 4
* Capitals win in OT.

Coyotes (0-2-0) - 1
NY Rangers (2-0-0) - 4

Penguins (1-1-0) - 2
Panthers (1-1-0) - 3

http://nhl.speedera.net/img/team/chi25.gif (http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/) Blackhawks (0-1-1) - 3
http://nhl.speedera.net/img/team/stl25.gif (http://www.stlouisblues.com/)Blues (1-1-0) - 4
* Blues win in OT.

Goals:
CHI - Arnason (1), Barnaby (1), Aucoin (1)
STL - Mayers (2), Cajanek (1), Brewer (1), Tkachuk (1)
Not dressed: McAmmond, Walker

Red Wings (1-0-1) - 3
Oilers (1-0-1) - 3
* Red Wings win shootout 2-1.

Stars (1-0-1) - 2
Canucks (1-1-0) - 2
* Canucks win shootout 3-2.

Nashville (0-2-0) - 1
Flames (2-0-0) - 3

Jackman reaches milestone: The Blackhawks game was a new milestone for Barret Jackman as he played in his 100th NHL career game.

Laraque reaches milestone: Georges Laraque's point in the Red Wings game brings him to the NHL career milestone of 100 points.

Copyright, 2005, TOBW

MizzouRah
11-25-2005, 12:09 PM
I hope this doesn't echo real life where Mayers becomes your leading scorer :)
2 games, 2 goals! :D

MizzouRah
11-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Year: 2005 Month: October Issue: 5

Baseggio goes to Capitals: Capitals hired Bridgeport's David Baseggio as a scout. He's signed to a deal worth $425K that will keep him with the team until Jun. 30 2009.

Scout Mike Antonovich has been scouting the NHL entry draft: He recommends, C Jordan Staal of the Peterborough Petes, C Peter Mueller of the Everett Silvertips, and D Nathan Martine of the Guelph Storm.

Brylin Claimed off waivers: St. Louis Blues claimed New Jersey Devils Sergei Brylin off waivers. Brylin has played 295 games so far in the NHL, scoring 55 goals, 65 assists for 120 points.

Brylin should add some speed to the third line and hopefully more scoring chances.

Rumors have Fahey going to the Devils: Rumors are heating up and Sharks RD Jim Fahey is apparently heading to the Devils. The Devils have offered their 2006 3rd round draft pick for Fahey.

Trade proposal between Maple Leafs and Carolina:

- Matt Stajan

In return, Carolina would give:
- Frantisek Kaberle

Trade proposal between Kings and Sharks:

Kings have offered:
- 2006 3rd round pick and 2006 4th round pick

In return, Sharks would give:
- Jim Fahey and Josh Gorges

The Oilers have also inquired about Jim Fahey.

The Sabres are looking at Atlanta Thrasher player LD Braydon Coburn.

Trade proposal between Sabres and Thrashers:

Sabres have offered:
- 2006 2nd round and 3rd round pick

In return, the Thrahsers would give:
- Braydon Coburn

Trade between Devils and Nashville confirmed:

Devils get:
- Jeremy Stevenson

Nashville get:
- 2006 3rd round pick from Devils

Sharks (1-1-0) - 0
Carolina (1-1-0) - 1

Senators (2-1-0) - 0
Devils (2-0-0) - 2

Panthers (1-2-0) - 0
Lightning (1-1-0) - 5

Colorado (0-1-1) - 1
Mighty Ducks (1-1-0) - 2

Trade between Carolina and Coyotes accepted:

Carolina get:
- David Tanabe

Coyotes get:
- Danny Richmond
- 2006 3rd and 4th round pick

Surovy on the way out: The Penguins C Tomas Surovy up for grabs.

Trade between Maple Leafs and Carolina accepted:

Maple Leafs get:
- Frantisek Kaberle

Carolina get:
- Matt Stajan

Trade between Sabres and Thrashers accepted:

Sabres get:
- Braydon Coburn

Thrashers get:
- Sabres 2006 2nd and 2007 3rd round draft picks

Capitals (2-0-0) - 3
Canadiens (2-0-1) - 3
* Capitals win shootout 4-3.

NY Islanders (2-1-0) - 3
Blue Jackets (2-1-0) - 4

Coyotes (0-3-0) - 0
Sabres (1-1-1) - 3

Stars (2-0-1) - 2
Oilers (1-1-1) - 1

Scouts impressed: Blues scouts impressed by C Richard Clune, D Matt Pelech, and D Ben Shutron.

I've had my eye on Ben Shutron and it's nice to see my scouts do as well. It's way to early to talk about the draft, but he's at the top of my list.

Copyright, 2005, TOBW

Johnny93g
11-25-2005, 01:45 PM
id say that was a steal for the Sabres to get Coburn. You should have jumped on that!!!!!

you obviously have alot of holes.....what are you looking to shore up first?.....so far , it looks like good young defenseman are available pretty cheap

NoSkillz
11-25-2005, 02:16 PM
id say that was a steal for the Sabres to get Coburn. You should have jumped on that!!!!!

you obviously have alot of holes.....what are you looking to shore up first?.....so far , it looks like good young defenseman are available pretty cheap

Man that's pretty interesting...I've tried to get Coburn in my Sabres dynasty without success but I haven't offered two draft picks yet.

The A.I. certainly seems to value draft picks quite highly - I might have to try something different to get these good young players...

Keep up the good work MizzouRah. :)

MizzouRah
11-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Thanks!

I'm not sure what I want to do with this team yet. Obviously I'm taking it slow, learning the game and what not. My needs are a good young defeseman, a hot prospect goalie, and a good center.

It does seem good young defensemen are available early though. Once the season really gets going, I'm going to look around at improving this team. I know what they need real life, but I want to see my holes in the game itself. You now a ton more than I do about the younger non-nhl players than I do Johnny. ;)

Johnny93g
11-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Well from the looks of things, Coliacavo, and Coburn went dirt cheap. Then Matt Stajan was also traded for a 6th defenseman......it doesnt look like youll need to overpay for the young talent available......and maybe you'll be able to get something like that for Lalime!!!!!

MizzouRah
11-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Well from the looks of things, Coliacavo, and Coburn went dirt cheap. Then Matt Stajan was also traded for a 6th defenseman......it doesnt look like youll need to overpay for the young talent available......and maybe you'll be able to get something like that for Lalime!!!!!
Yeah, Lalime and some vets I'm looking to move. :)

MizzouRah
11-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Year: 2005 Month: October Issue: 6

Bob Berry recommends AHL players: Bob Berry recommends C Tomas Fleischmann of the Washington Capitals, C Boyd Gordon of the Washington Capitals, and D Mike Green of the Washington Capitals.

I call the GM of the Caps to see what they want for Mike Green.

Trade between Flyers and Colorado accepted:

Flyers get:
- Brett Clark

Colorado get:
- 2006 4th round pick from the Flyers

Trade between Maple Leafs and Carolina confirmed:

Maple Leafs get:
- Frantisek Kaberle

Carolina gets:
- Matt Stajan

Kaberle was one I should have inquired about.

Henry put on the block: Minnesota Wild defensemen Alex Henry has been placed on the trading block by his GM, Doug Risebrough.

Bruins (2-2-0) - 5
Carolina (1-2-0) - 3

Coyotes (0-4-0) - 2
Maple Leafs (3-0-0) - 6

Flames (2-0-1) - 1
Wild (1-1-0) - 2
* Wild win in OT.

Mighty Ducks (2-1-0) - 5
Sharks (1-2-0) - 3

Red Wings (2-0-1) - 5
Canucks (1-2-0) - 3

Career milestone for Adams: Kevyn Adams's point in the Bruins game brings him to the NHL career milestone of 100 points.

Scout Mike Antonovich remmondations: Mike recommends C Kevin Baker of the Sudbury Wolves, C Nick Foligno of the Sudbury Wolves, and C Cory Emmerton of the Kingston Frontenacs.

Georgi Zhuravlev recommeds player: Georgi recommends RW Viktor Tikhonov of Moscow.

Trade inquiry between Blues and Capitals turned down: The Capitals have informed me they do not want to lose D Mike Green.

Trade between Devils and Carolina accepted:

Devils receive:
- Craig Adams

Carolina receive:
- Petr Vrana

Trade between Capitals and Senators accepted:

Capitals receive:
- Anton Volchenkov

Senators get:
- Jakub Klepis
- 2006 3rd round pick

Capitals (2-0-1) - 3
Devils (3-0-0) - 3
* Devils win shootout 2-1.

Penguins (2-1-0) - 4
NY Rangers (2-1-0) - 1

Bruins (2-3-0) - 2
Panthers (2-2-0) - 3

Oilers (1-2-1) - 2
Nashville (1-2-0) - 3

NY Islanders (2-2-0) - 3
Senators (3-1-0) - 5

Canadians (2-1-1) - 3
Colorado (1-1-1) - 7

Line changes for home opener vs the Oilers:

G Lalime

Tkachuk - Weight - Drake
Young - Sejna - Mayers
McAmmond - Brylin - Cajanek
Low - Sillinger - Rycroft

Jackman - Brewer
Weinrich - Roach
Salvador - Backman

Copyright, 2005, TOBW

MizzouRah
11-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Year: 2005 Month: October Issue: 7

Trade between Panthers and Nashville accepted:

Panthers receive:
- Shea Weber

Nashville receive:
- Joel Kwiatkowski
- 2006 4th round pick

Trade between Nashville and Carolina accepted:

Nashville get:
- Bret Hedican

Carolina get:
- 2006 3rd round pick

Trade between Nashville and Mighty Ducks accepted:

Nashville get:
- Sandis Ozolinsh

Mighty Ducks receive:
- Scottie Upshall and Shea Weber

Nashville is making some moves.

Sabres (1-2-1) - 2
Carolina (2-2-0) - 4

Penguins (2-2-0) - 0
Flyers (1-0-1) - 2

Mighty Ducks (3-1-0) - 3
Blackhawks (0-1-2) - 3
* Mighty Ducks win shootout 2-0.

http://nhl.speedera.net/img/team/edm25.gif (http://www.edmontonoilers.com/)Oilers (2-2-1) - 3
http://nhl.speedera.net/img/team/stl25.gif (http://www.stlouisblues.com/)Blues (1-2-0) - 2

Goals:
EDM - Smyth (4), Pronger (1), Laraque (1)
STL - Sejna (1), Roach (1)
Not dressed: Walker, Lebeau, Johnson

Stars (3-0-1) - 3
Red Wings (2-0-2) - 2
* Stars win in OT.
Welcome back Pronger!! :mad:

Flames (3-0-1) - 2
Sharks (1-3-0) - 0

Wild (1-2-0) - 2
Canucks (2-2-0) - 4

Lightning (2-1-0) - 3
Kings (2-1-0) - 1

Career milestone for Arnason: Tyler Arnason has scored his 100th career NHL point, with his 2 points in the recent game against the Mighty Ducks bringing his career total to 101.

Caron claimed off waivers: St. Louis Blues claimed Pittsburgh Penguins Sebastien Caron off waivers. He's played 117 games so far in his AHL career, recording 45 wins.

Berry put on the block: Nashville Predators defenseman Rick Berry has been placed on the trading block by his GM, David Poile.

Maple Lefs (3-1-0) - 2
Blue Jackets (3-1-0) - 5

Senators (3-2-0) - 1
Nashville (2-2-0) - 2

Red Wings (2-1-2) - 2
Colorado (2-1-1) - 3

Capitals (3-0-1) - 5
Coyotes (0-5-0) - 2

Moran put on the block: Boston Bruins left winget Ian Moran has been placed on the trading block by his GM, Mike O'Connell.

Copyright, 2005, TOBW

MizzouRah
11-25-2005, 08:17 PM
Year: 2005 Month: October Issue: 8

Trade between Sharks and Mighty Ducks accepted:

Sharks get:
- Sandis Ozolinsh
- 2006 2nd round draft pick

Mighty Ducks receive:
- Milan Michalek
- 2006 1st round draft pick

Blackhawks (0-2-2) - 1
Sabres (2-2-1) - 3

Flyers (1-1-1) - 3
Maple Leafs (4-1-0) - 5

Devils (4-0-0) - 1
Bruins (2-3-1) - 1
* Devils win shootout 2-1.

Nashville (3-2-0) - 3
Penguins (2-2-1) - 3
* Nashville win shootout 3-2.

Carolina (2-3-0) - 3
Thrashers (1-2-0) - 5

NY Islanders (2-3-0) - 2
Panthers (3-2-0) - 3

http://nhl.speedera.net/img/team/van25.gif (http://www.canucks.com/) Canucks (2-3-0) - 0
http://nhl.speedera.net/img/team/stl25.gif (http://www.stlouisblues.com/) Blues (2-2-0) - 2
* Lalime stops 24 shots and gets his first shutout as a Blue.

Goals:
VAN - None
STL - Low (1), Young (1)
Not dressed: Salvador, Lebeau, Drake

Oilers (3-2-1) - 3
Sharks (1-4-0) - 1

Wild (1-3-0) - 1
Flames (4-0-1) - 2

Capitals (3-1-1) - 3
Stars (4-0-1) - 6

Lightning (2-1-1) - 2
Mighty Ducks (4-1-0) - 2
* Mighty Ducks win shootout 2-0.

Canadiens (3-1-1) - 5
Kings (2-2-0) - 2

Shawn Horcoff on the shelf: Shawn Horcoff will be out for about 4 months after he suffered a broken pelvis in the Oilers 3-1 win over the San Jose Sharks on Thursday.

Boughner suspended for one game: Boughner kneed the Red Wings winger Daniel Cleary and was ejected from the game. Colorado ended up winning the game 3-2.

Fitzpatrick on the way out: Devils may be interested in acquiring Rory Fitzpatrick after the defenseman was put on the block by the Sabres GM, Darcy Regier.

Mowers put on the block: Detroit Red Wings center Mark Mowers has been placed on the trading block by his GM, Ken Holland.

NY Rangers (3-1-0) - 2
Senators (3-3-0) - 0

Canucks (3-3-0) - 3
Colorado (2-2-1) - 2

Blue Jackets (3-2-0) - 3
Red Wings (3-1-2) - 4

Lightning (3-1-1) - 3
Coyotes (0-5-1) - 2
* Lightning win in OT.

Trade between the Penguins and Carolina accepted:

Penguins get:
- Glen Wesley
- The rights to Michal Krupka

Carolina gets:
- Colby Armstrong and Maxime Talbot

Career milestone for Nash: Rick Nash has scored his 100th career NHL point, with his 2 points in the recent game against the Red Wings, bringing his career total to 101.

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/4630/nhl20jc.gif

Best Offensive Player: Mats Sundin (TOR)
Sundin played 3 games during this time, scoring once and getting 5 assists.

Best Defensive Player: Scott Niedermayer (ANA)
Niedermayer played 3 games during this time, scoring 2 goals and assisting on 7 others.

Adams put on the block: Carolina Hurricanes center Kevyn Adams has been placed on the trading block by his GM, Jim Rutherford.

Hope on the shelf: Joey Hope will be out of action for about 7 months after he suffered a torn ACL in Philadelphia's 4-2 AHL win over Lowell on Saturday.

Sanford released: G Curtis Sanford has been released by the Blues and is now a free agent.

Sanford just doesn't have what we are looking for here and isn't going to get much, if any playing time in the minors. He cleared waivers, so releasing him was our last option.

Devils (4-1-0) - 2
Maple Leafs (5-1-0) - 3

Copyright, 2005, TOBW

MizzouRah
11-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Year: 2005 Month: October Issue: 9

Proposed trade between Everett and Prince George has been rejected:

Everett offered:
- Taylor Ellington and Zach Dailey

In exchange for Prince George's:
- Nick Drazenovic

Trade negotiation between Nashville and Blues: The Nashville Predators are looking to negotiate a trade with the St. Louis Blues based on their inquiry.

Nashville would give up:
- Scottie Upshall

In return for the Blues:
- rights to Ryan Reaves
- 2006 3rd round draft pick

Scottie Upshall is a 22 year old LW/RW from Fort McMurray, Canada. My scout likes him and his main asset is defensive play. He's played 101 games so far in his AHL career, scoring 36 goals and 40 assists for 76 points. He's also a career +12.

Reaves is an 18 year old RW who's just starting his 2nd season in the WHL for the Brandon Wheat Kings. He's played a total of 74 games, scoring 10 goals and 11 assists for a total of 21 points.

I'm going to change the 3rd round pick to a 4th a see what happens.

The line of Heatly - Spezza - Alfredsson was unreal, totaling
12 points for the night. We picked it up late, but it was not
enough.

Goals:
STL - Sejna (2), Johnson (1), Roach (2), Cajanek (2)
OTT - Havlat (3), Schaefer (1), Spezza (3), Alfredsson 2(5),
Heatley (1), Smolinski (3)

Not dressed: Salvador, Lebeau, Drake

Bruins (2-4-1) - 2
NY Rangers (4-1-0) - 4

NY Islanders (3-3-0) - 4
Thrashers (1-3-0) - 1

Blue Jackets (3-3-0) - 0
Nashville (4-2-0) - 3

Kings (2-2-1) - 2
Colorado (3-2-1) - 2
* Colorado win shootout 3-1.

Lightning (4-1-1) - 5
Wild (1-4-0) - 2

Sabres (2-3-1) - 3
Canucks (4-3-0) - 4

Panthers (3-3-0) - 1
Flames (5-0-1) - 2

Canadiens (3-2-1) - 4
Stars (5-0-1) - 8

Capitals (3-2-1) - 1
Mighty Ducks (5-1-0) - 4

Thompson accepts Blues offer: Peoria Rivermen's Rocky Thompson has agreed to terms with the St. Louis Blues. The 28 year old RD from Canada has played 383 AHL games with 12 goals, 38 assists, for a total of 50 points and a +/- of 0.

He's more of an insurance player than anything.

Konowalchuk placed on waivers by Colorado: Colorado placed Steve Konowalchuk on waivers. He will clear waivers in 72 hours, unless claimed.

This is very interesting as Konowalchuk would be a line 2 player on the Blues. He has played 775 games in the NHL, scoring a toal of 385 points and is a +66 in his career. I'm not sure how to check Colorado's finances to see if they are close to the cap.

I'm going to go after him. I still have 2.5 million in room to work with my budget and the team has only 3 players signed beyond 2007.

Trade between Flames and Sabres accepted:

Flames get:
- Mika Noronen

Sabres get:
- 2006 3rd round pick

Goalie Noronon(26) has NHL experience, playing in 63 games. He has 21 wins, 29 losses, and 6 ties. His GAA is 2.55 and his save % is 0.905.

Trade between NY Islanders and Sabres accepted:

NY Islanders get:
- Rory Fitzpatrick

Sabres get:
- 2006 3rd round pick

Fitzpatrick is a 30 yr old LD/RD who's played in 156 NHL games and has 5 goals, 15 assists, and 20 points.

Trade between NY Islanders and Blackhawks accepted:

NY Islanders get:
- Jassen Cullimore

Blackhawks get:
- 2006 3rd round pick

Cullimore is a 32 yr old LD/RD who's played in 528 NHL games and has 19 goals and 48 assists for 67 points and is a career -32.

Trade between Blackhawks and Sharks accepted:

Blackhawks get:
- Christian Ehrhoff

Sharks get:
2006 3rd round and 4th round picks

Christian is a 23 yr old LD who has played in 110 AHL games for Cleveland and has 17 points, 34 assists, and is a career +3.

Copyright, 2005, TOBW

DeToxRox
11-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Yeah you cannot stop the Oilers.

They're sick. Totally sick.

Keep it up though, I love it.

Johnny93g
11-30-2005, 09:40 AM
so the young players are going cheap, and the older, 7th defenseman, 13th forward types are pretty expensive.....you need to CASH IN on this!!!!

MizzouRah
11-30-2005, 10:54 AM
so the young players are going cheap, and the older, 7th defenseman, 13th forward types are pretty expensive.....you need to CASH IN on this!!!!
I'm trying. :)

Johnny93g
11-30-2005, 11:22 AM
That Upshall deal looks really good....I have no idea who the kid they want from you is, but either a 3rd or a 4th, + the kid for Upshall is a deal you gotta make!!!!!

MizzouRah
11-30-2005, 01:41 PM
That Upshall deal looks really good....I have no idea who the kid they want from you is, but either a 3rd or a 4th, + the kid for Upshall is a deal you gotta make!!!!!
I'm with you there Johnny. I'm trying to see if they accept the same offer, but with a 4th rounder, if not.. I'll go with the 3rd and take the deal anyway.

MizzouRah
11-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Year: 2005 Month: October Issue: 10

Trade between Blues and Nashville accepted:

Blues get:
- Scottie Upshall

Nashville gets:
- The rights to Ryan Reaves
- 2006 4th round draft pick

Yes! I held out and they accepted, great trade for us.

Stefan suspended for one game: Patrik Stefan has been suspended for one NHL game. He was ejected in the Thrashers - NY Islanders NHL game. The Thrashers were beaten 4-1.

Wilm put on the block: Toronto Maple Leafs center Clarke Wilm has been placed on the trading block by his GM, John Ferguson Jr..

Trade between Sabres and Flames accepted:

Sabres get:
- Steve Montador

Flames get:
- 2006 4th Round Pick

Blue Jackets turn down trade inquiry: Columbus turned down an offer for Radoslav Suchy from the Blues. "He is not available", said the Blue Jackets GM.

NY Rangers (5-1-0) - 4
Bruins (2-5-1) - 2

Carolina (3-3-1) - 4
Penguins (3-2-2) - 4
* Penguins win shootout 3-2.

Kings (3-2-1) - 4
Flyers (1-2-2) - 4
* Kings win shootout 3-1.

NY Islanders (4-3-0) - 5
Nashville (4-3-0) - 3

* Redwings win shootout 3-2.

Both teams had 26 shots on goal, but Young and
Lebeau could not put the Red Wings away in the
shootout.

Goals:
DET - Zetterburg (5), Lidstrom (1)
STL - Drake 2(2)

Not dressed: RD Walker, RW Low, RW/LW Rycroft

Stars (6-0-1) - 2
Sharks (2-4-1) - 2
* Stars win shootout 3-2.

Canucks (4-4-0) - 1
Wild (2-4-0) - 3

Panthers (3-4-0) - 2
Oilers (4-2-1) - 4

Sabres (2-4-1) - 2
Flames (6-0-1) - 3

Coyotes (2-5-1) - 2
Mighty Ducks (5-2-0) - 0

Scuderi placed on waivers by Penguins: Penguins placed Rob Scuderi on waivers. He will clear waivers in 48 hours, unless claimed.

Melichar put on the block: Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Josef Melichar has been placed on the trading block by his GM, Craig Patrick.

Trade between Panthers and NY Rangers accepted:

Panthers get:
- Maxim Konfratiev

NY Rangers get:
- 2006 3rd round pick and the 2007 2nd round pick

So far in 13 NHL games, Kondratiev has 1 goal and 1 assist and is currently a -2.

Trade between Wild and Kings accepted:

Wild get:
- Mathieu Garon

Kings get:
- 2006 2nd round pick

In 43 games played in the NHL, Mathieu Garon is 16-20-3 with a GAA of 2.49 and a save % of 0.917.

Copyright, 2005, TOBW

MizzouRah
12-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Year: 2005 Month: October Issue: 11

Konowalchuk claimed off waivers: The St. Louis Blues claimed Colorado Avalanche Steve Konowalchuk off waivers.

It will be interesting to see if and how he fits into this team.

Low put on the block: The St. Louis Blues RW Reed Low has been placed on the trading block by his GM, Todd Volmert.

NY Rangers, Flames, and NY Islanders have reportedly spoken to his agent.

I need to start cleaning house a little bit and Low doesn't do much for this team other than fighting.

Sillinger put on the block: The St. Louis Blues center Mike Sillinger has been placed on the trading block by his GM, Todd Volmert.

Trade between the Los Angeles Kings and the Minnesota Wild confirmed:

Wild get:
- Mathieu Garon

Kings get:
- 2006 2nd round pick

Goalie Mathieu Garon is 27 years old and in 43 NHL games is 16-20 with a 2.49 GAA and a 0.917 save %.

Trade between Panthers and NY Rangers confirmed:

Panthers get:
- Maxim Kondratiev

Rangers get:
- 2006 3rd round and 2007 2nd round pick

Senators (5-4-0) - 2
Maple Leafs (6-2-0) - 4

Kings (3-2-2) - 4
Penguins (4-2-2) - 4
* Penguins win shootout 3-2.

Capitals (4-3-1) - 1
NY Islanders (5-3-0) - 4

Thrashers (2-4-0) - 4
Carolina (3-4-1) - 2

Wild (2-5-0) - 2
Blue Jackets (4-4-0) - 3

Sabres (2-5-1) - 3
Oilers (5-2-1) - 5

Bruins (2-6-1) - 1
Flyers (2-2-2) - 3

Devils (6-2-0) - 1
Lightning (5-1-1) - 6

Mighty Ducks (6-2-0) - 4
Nashville (4-3-1) - 3
* Mighty Ducks win in OT.

NY Rangers (5-2-0) - 1
Blackhawks (1-4-2) - 4

Tight game, we were outshot 31-20 and
couldn't really get going on offense tonight.

Goals:
MON - Ryder (4), Sundstrom (1)
STL - Tkachuk (2)

Not dressed: Rycroft, Konowalchuk

Red Wings (4-2-2) - 1
Sharks (3-4-1) - 3

Panthers (3-5-0) - 0
Canucks (5-4-0) - 3

Flames (6-1-1) - 0
Stars (7-0-1) - 3

Tkachuk reaches milestone: With his goal against the Canadiens, Keith Tkachuk has passed the 400th career NHL league goal mark.

Trade between NY Islanders and Blues confirmed:

NY Islanders get:
- Reed Low

Blues get:
- 2006 5th round pick

Gives me a decent pick for a player taking up roster space.

Trade between Devils and Bruins confirmed:

Devils get:
- Ian Moran

Bruins get:
- 2006 4th round pick

Moran has played in 478 NHL games, scoring 20 goals, 49 assists and is a career -41 +/- rating.

Wild (2-6-0) - 3
Red Wings (5-2-2) - 5

Flames (7-1-1) - 3
Coyotes (2-6-1) - 2

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/4630/nhl20jc.gif

Best Offensive Player: Vincent Lecavalier (TB)
Lecavalier played 2 games during this time, scoring 3 goals and assisting on 2 others.

Best Defensive Player: Tomas Vokoun (NAS)
Vokoun played 2 games during this time, recording one shutout and a win.

Kings (3-3-2) - 3
Devils (7-2-0) - 7

Oilers (5-3-1) - 0
Blackhawks (2-4-2) - 3

We were 0-6 on the powerplay and that makes
us 0-31 to start the year.

Goals:
STL - Mayers 2 (4), Brylin (1)
VAN - Jovanovski (2), Bakej (1), Morrison (4)
H. Sedin (1), D. Sedin (4)

Not dressed: Weinrich, Drake, Rycroft

Divis leaving St. Louis Blues soon: The St. Louis Blues boss Todd Volmert has placed goalie Reinhard Divis up for grabs.

I'm going to see if I can get a draft pick for him. If not, I'll waive him.

Copyright, 2005, TOBW

MizzouRah
12-06-2005, 08:11 AM
I'm going to give this dynasty a kick and go with monthy updates as I want to get into the season a bit more than game by game.

Blade6119
12-08-2005, 04:10 AM
I'm going to give this dynasty a kick and go with monthy updates as I want to get into the season a bit more than game by game.

Smart move :p

MizzouRah
12-08-2005, 11:28 AM
I also believe the Tigers are going to need a DC in BBCF. :)

Blade6119
12-08-2005, 11:29 AM
I also believe the Tigers are going to need a DC in BBCF. :)

Im sure one can be found for the right price. Sorority girls can be substituted for cash if need be :D

MizzouRah
12-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Im sure one can be found for the right price. Sorority girls can be substituted for cash if need be :D
At 8pm you will receive a knock on your door. :)