PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding the Kentucky Wildcats: TCY/FOF Dynasty

Izulde
11-20-2005, 02:06 AM
Remember Tim Couch? Remember how much he sucked in the NFL?

Well, Wildcats fans would love to have his ass back now after looking at the roster for Kentucky. The highest rated guy is 52. Yeah, HIGHEST RATED. And of course, he's a senior.

This is one god awful team. Man, I can't believe how much they suck.

Oh, this is going to be a TCY/FOF dynasty in the spirit of BYU 14's superb BYU dynasty, where these guys's NFL careers are going to be followed. There's going to be one exception, though.

We don't start tracking until MY recruited guys are ready to ship on off. Not only am I pretty sure nobody here's going to be playing on Sundays, I didn't recruit these bastards.

Also, there was a fantastic NCAA 2K6 Kentucky Wildcats dynasty done a while back. Don't expect it to be pretty and snazzy like that either. Or like Blade's awesome A Team Of Our Own dynasty. Or that sweet, sweet Buffalo dynasty by NoSkillz.

This dynasty will be ugly and it will suck, much like this team does. Which means I probably won't get too many readers, but oh well. There's always my CK dynasties. :D Roster and evaluation to come up soon.

Izulde
11-20-2005, 02:16 AM
Quarterbacks

#4 Rodney Wagner JR(RS) 14 38
#14 Mark Tessen SR 11 32
#19 Roy Hamilton* FR 4 9
#7 Jackie Vanderkellen SR 19 19
#6 Byron Osterlund* FR 1 15

*=Redshirting

Yeah, this team's QB situation is god awful. Like, omigawd they're soooo awful!

Wagner is our nominal starter, as he's the most well-rounded QB and still has potential that might develop. Tessen and Vanderkellen will back him up.

And now I'm going to hit Post Reply to see how bad the code thing screws up.

Edit: Okay not at all if I just make sure everything's line up in Notepad apparently. This is a very good thing. My amount of headache will be reduced. I'll do everyone else in the next post then, as this was just my test. :)

Izulde
11-20-2005, 02:37 AM
Running Backs

#29 Louie Humphries SR 21 21
#38 Brenden Kane JR 44 56
#45 Jeffey Hill SO(RS) 20 23
#43 Jimmy Gelbaugh FR 30 62
#27 Wendell Nichols* FR 21 26

Much, much, *much* better scenario here. Kane becomes the feature of our offense and Gelbaugh should develop into the kind of back that makes him proud, possibly even succeeding him. We may get our asses kicked for several years, but hey, at least we're not too badly off at RB.

Fullbacks I'm not even going to cover. They don't run the ball and they have no place in my offense, as I stick with a Singleback Formation.

Tight Ends

#84 Gabe Pegues JR 29 29
#95 Thomas McIntosh JR 27 39
#98 Kennedy Barlow* FR 11 44
#92 Dexter Ralph FR 14 33
#80 Jeff Rice+ FR 12 45

+:Walk-On

Not too impressed with this group, though since we'll be focusing on the run-game it doesn't matter too much, I suppose. McIntosh will start, as he's the better run-blocker and also has more potential.

Wide Receivers

#87 Bryce Murray SR 36 36
#89 Melvin Carlson SR 28 35
#8 Tyrell Peacock SR 25 25
#1 Bill Patterson SR 52 65
#5 Matt Muldoon JR(RS) 35 36
#82 Gabe Bartell SR 32 32
#85 Kerry Clinton+ FR 14 38

What's wrong with this picture? Why, they're all from the same class except the freshman! Can you say horrible mismanagement of this position group? I knew you could! Patterson is the star of the team.. It's just too bad he's going to be stuck with a horrible QB throwing to him. If it weren't for the fact that all these people are graduating, I'd be happy with this group.

And here's where I'm going to pause, because I'm hungry and am going to look for some food.

Izulde
11-20-2005, 02:55 AM
Mmm, peanut butter cookies.

Just a real quick update... Remember what I said I was going to go with a Single Back offense?

I changed my mind. Ladies and gentlemen, the Kentucky Wildcats will from now on be running the Run & Shoot!

The Kentucky variant, as created by Coach Tim Moungey, will be called The Blue Roar. Phear it, oh yes!

Blade6119
11-20-2005, 03:02 AM
wierd, just about an hour ago i started a new NCAA 2006 dynasty for a change of pace from my midwest and west coast teams, and after two years we pulled in the #1 QB in the country and he is literally carrying the offense...no td has been scored if it wasnt through him...hope you get one too!

Izulde
11-20-2005, 03:24 AM
wierd, just about an hour ago i started a new NCAA 2006 dynasty for a change of pace from my midwest and west coast teams, and after two years we pulled in the #1 QB in the country and he is literally carrying the offense...no td has been scored if it wasnt through him...hope you get one too!

Thanks, though that's not likely, as I've given myself the house rule of only going after Blue and Green coded players. :) By going with the R&S though, I've eliminated FB and TE from the picture, allowing me to focus on getting the best quality QB/RB/WR I can.

Blade6119
11-20-2005, 03:34 AM
Forgot to mention it was with Kentucky...or else it wouldnt be relevant~! ;)

im kinda retarded ;)

Izulde
11-20-2005, 04:03 AM
Centers

#50 Roy Bennett JR(RS) 35 35
#52 Bruce Van Dyke FR(RS) 26 55

We're actually not too badly off at C. Both these guys will be serviceable for the time being and Van Dyke could end up being pretty good.

Guards

#60 A.J. Glassner FR 11 63
#77 Trent Laney FR 15 75
#76 Wayne Tanuvasa JR(RS) 27 56
#61 Adrian Van Pelt FR(RS) 13 52
#68 Grant Winslett FR(RS) 9 58

A lot of raw, young talent here. I probably won't recruit in this position, as I'll simply just wait for these guys to develop. Not sure on who the starter is going to be other than Tanuvasa just yet though. Once these guys hit their junior and senior years, they'll be forces to reckon with.

Tackles

#69 Cole Lofton JR 25 41
#62 Omar Stevens JR(RS) 32 40
#63 Marco Brink+* FR 9 43
#65 Stephen Whiting+ FR 9 40
#79 Stan Marshall+ FR(RS) 1 39

Ouch! The starters are marginally okay, but the backups.. Yeesh! This is going to be an ugly, ugly year for our line and our quarterback play. Three walk-ons?! Man, I can not describe just how terrible this is.

Punters

#3 K.C. Rodenhauser SO 34 34
#16 Desmond Struble FR(RS) 24 37

Eh, punters. Don't really care about them and won't be recruiting one until Struble's about to graduate. I'm of the philosophy of only carrying one K and one P per team.

Kickers

#13 Dana Tanner FR 17 47
#11 Quentin Sawyer SR 45 45

Kickers are important, but I think I'll let Sawyer do an okay job here and then let Tanner develop however he does.

And now it's on to the defense. We'll be running a 4-3 D because that's the way I like to play it. No cool names for the defense, though.

Defensive Ends

#99 Edgar Blanchard SO(RS) 24 38
#71 Amos Stein SO(RS) 13 14
#93 Cris Dillon SR 38 53
#75 Lincoln Dang* JR 20 34
#97 Brett Sinclair JR(RS) 27 27
#91 Harvey Givens+ SO(RS) 17 17

A lot of bodies, but none of them very good outside of maybe, surprise, suprise, the lone senior in the group. I'd say it needs upgrading but hell, virtually every position on the team needs upgrading for next year.

Defensive Tackles

#73 Darryl Banks JR 29 29
#70 Deron Armstrong+ FR(RS) 8 35
#72 Ronald Lang+ JR(RS) 15 29
#97 K.C. Bridgman+ FR(RS) 3 18

Gee, you think the coach before me ran a 3-4? I think so too. This is just patently ridiculous. *sigh*. Chalk up another position that I definitely need to recruit for, just to get a decent starter on the line. 75% of a position group walk-ons. Effing unbelievable.

Middle Linebackers

#41 Rich Mills JR 25 42
#55 Tim Samuels SR 20 20
#49 Aaron Wilcox SR 36 59
#94 Kyle Spencer SR 38 38

Good thing I'm running the 4-3 or I'd have to go shopping for a lot of ILB in recruiting too. Overall this is one of the stronger positions on this team. Pretty sad, huh? Mills probably becomes the starter by default next year, but he won't crack the field much this season, unfortunately for him and his development.

Outside Linebackers

#90 Norm Deshaies FR 20 55
#56 Leroy Norris SR 37 37
#40 Donnell Gray JR 49 70
#44 Jeremy Makovicka SR 44 53
#59 Randy Daley+ FR 6 27

Hey, hey, finally another position we're actually pretty good at. Gray could become a monster for us in his last two years. Certainly he'll get one of the outside positions and Deshaies looks like his heir apparent. I'm not feeling nearly so bad now.

Cornerbacks

#39 Artie Argueta JR 36 36
#35 Scottie Carranza JR 32 61
#26 Ronald Fann FR(RS) 13 72
#33 Sam Correia JR(RS) 27 27
#24 Cornelius Schroeder JR 29 29
#22 Mack Farmer+* FR 6 43

Our corners look better than I'd anticpated. There's some genuine potential talent in this lot, especially with Fann and Carranza. Because I only have 16 players a class I can recruit (Although I have 30 scholarships I can hand out. Nice management by the old ball coach :rolleyes:), this position will get left alone.

Safeties

#30 Kevin Sanderson SR 35 43
#21 Earl Garrison JR(RS) 24 24
#36 Shane Roberson+ FR 14 41
#46 Steve Tatum+ SO 19 32

Not great, but not horrible either. At least there's a glimmer of potential in the youngsters.

Senior Breakdown:

QB: 2
RB: 1
WR: 5
K: 1
DE: 1
ILB: 3
OLB: 2
S: 1

Total: 16

K I won't be replenishing and I'll only go after 1 QB, as we've got 5 on the roster now. WR is a definite need and the one we'll hit the hardest. Everything else, we'll see how it plays out.

Izulde
11-20-2005, 04:05 AM
Forgot to mention it was with Kentucky...or else it wouldnt be relevant~! ;)

im kinda retarded ;)

Hahaha it's cool. :) I love Kentucky as a state and it's where I hope to end up coaching at one of the colleges some day, so I wanted to choose one of them. Louisville is actually pretty good and in a sucky conference. Kentucky sucks and is in the SEC.

Challenge drew me in. Now I just hope I don't get fired. :D

Blade6119
11-20-2005, 04:13 AM
Hahaha it's cool. :) I love Kentucky as a state and it's where I hope to end up coaching at one of the colleges some day, so I wanted to choose one of them. Louisville is actually pretty good and in a sucky conference. Kentucky sucks and is in the SEC.

Challenge drew me in. Now I just hope I don't get fired. :D

Just finished my 3rd season, the contract year for me..i was 5-5 with only the louisville game left..they were undefeated and #2 in the nation...of course we pull off a 55-54 upset in 4OT and reach our first bowl game...and due entirely to that louisville game i got a nice extension(lol, i got the pleasure of playing a 10-2 USC team who somehow finished 4th in the Pac10...first play the take down my QB, and it was over...always next season)

OK, i need to shut up....go you!

Izulde
11-20-2005, 04:44 AM
BYU 14, I'm shamelessly stealing your game report. Hope you don't mind. :D

Week 2

Kentucky 16 Louisville 48

Passing Leaders
Wagner 18-33 123 yards 1 TD 1 INT 4 sacks

Rushing Leaders
Gelbaugh 13 att 74 yards 1 TD
Kane 7 att 45 yards

Receiving Leaders
Muldoon 6 catches 34 yards

Defensive Leaders
Makovicka 9 tackles 3 assists 1 FF
Gray 8 tackles 1 assist

Recap:
Well as luck would have it, our first game is against the hated Lousavull Cardinals and they kick our asses. About the only good thing I can say about this is that at the end of the 1st quarter we were up 7-3. It was all downhill from there. The Cardinals' D-line harrassed us all day. Somehow Wagner got 8 runs for -27 yards even though I have RB set to do all the carries. I'll just call those sacks that were misplaced. The Louvull QB Rex Collier tore about our secondary for 340 yards and 2 TDs. Yeah, so much for my thinking our secondary was okay. We've got a long, long way to go before we approach their level.

Current Injuries
DE Brett Sinclair: Out 11 Weeks-Though a backup, it always sucks to see a senior end his college career this way.

Recruiting

Visits:
ILB Darren Macpherson Simon Kenton HS, Independence, KY #65 Nat Pos

Well, we've got at least one player visiting us. Macpherson's very likely to sign with us, I think, and he'll probably have a shot at starting. That's how sucky we are.

Commits-None

Izulde
11-30-2005, 11:48 AM
Week 5 (Week 4 was a bye week and nothing of interest happened)

Indiana 0 Kentucky 30

Passing Leaders:
Wagner 28-52 238 yards 1 TD 1 INT

Rushing Leaders:
Kane 17 att 67 yards
Gelbaugh 12 att 38 yards
Wagner 1 TD

Receiving Leaders:
Murray 6 catches 67 yards 1 TD

Defensive Leaders:
Wilcox 5 tackles 2 assists 2.0 sacks
Makovicka 3 tackles 2 assists 2 ints

Synopsis:
We took control right from the start and never let up in obliterating the Hoosiers. Rodney Wagner wants a scholarship and I think I'll give it to him. I've got scholarships to spare, especially after this decent performance by him. Quentin Sawyer was 3 for 3 on both FGs and XPs, including a booming 45 yarder. Jeremy Makovicka is emerging as the early defensive leader of this team as he's been a top player in both games so far. Too bad he's a senior.

Recruiting News:
None

Other News:
Darryl Banks, our starting right DT, got caught with a team violation that was pretty serious, running just shy of syndicate violations. I suspend him to keep the team morale up and redshirt frosh K.C. Bridgman gets the starting nod.

In injury news, we get a couple of small knocks and a big one, namely Bill Patterson tearing his ACL. Out he goes for 47 weeks and his college football career, too, ends sourly in his senior season. His blow hurts as he was our top WR.

CraigSca
12-05-2005, 05:46 AM
His blow hurts ...
Proud to say I've never experienced this. :D