PDA

View Full Version : Ping: New York, NY FOFCers

McSweeny
03-06-2006, 07:00 PM
i'll be arriving in New York on March 16th and i'll be leaving on March 19th. I'm staying in a cheap-o hotel near Central Park. Each night i'll be seeing the Pogues at the Nokia Theater in Times Square. When i'm not nursing my hangovers i'll want to see as much of the city as i can. I was about 9 or 10 the last time i was there. Now, aside from all the typical touristy stuff, what should i look to be doing? Good places to eat, interesting places to shop, etc, etc, etc

and, if any of you want to meet up for beers or whatever i'd certainly be up for that.

for you Pogues fans, be sure to let me know how jealous you are http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Anthony
03-06-2006, 09:54 PM
you coming to my hood.

you best protect ya neck.
-Wu Tang Clan

Draft Dodger
03-06-2006, 09:57 PM
you coming to my hood.

you best protect ya neck.
-Wu Tang Clan

You talk to much.
-Run DMC

Anthony
03-06-2006, 09:58 PM
yo' mama

Draft Dodger
03-06-2006, 09:59 PM
it's still funny, even though you deleted one of them homey

CraigSca
03-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the land of $5 domestic beer, McSweeny!

My wife and I enjoy Smith and Wollensky's when we're in town, but I'm sure there are probably cheaper (and better) places around the town. Unfortunately, I'm not a Manhattan-scholar, so I can't help much. I just remember the last time my wife and I were there, we spent upwards of $500 for a single night, though our train and hotel were free. It's a pricey town.

Anthony
03-06-2006, 10:24 PM
just go to Chili's or Applebee's in Times Square (they're in the same building). i think it's located on either 47th St. or 48th St. (either or). Chili's=buy one pint, get one half price. Applebee's=$2 pints.

walk 2 block to ESPNZone and play the games on the top floor. let the city take you where it wants after that.

Lathum
03-07-2006, 03:22 AM
got any extra tix?