PDA

View Full Version : What Weekend is it...Paintball Weekend!

Coffee Warlord
05-05-2006, 07:42 AM
http://www.mxsportz.com/empires/games/7/characters.html

The doctor is in the HOUSE!

Yessir. CW gets shot at tomorrow and sunday.

And drinks heavily once he gets to the field this afternoon.

gstelmack
05-05-2006, 09:15 AM
At least you're actually playing "paintball" (and man how I miss those days...) It ticked me off to no end this past week to see the "US Paintball Championships" actually playing "speedball", not "paintball". If you're not sneaking around through the woods wondering where the first shot is going to come from, you aren't playing "paintball".

Coffee Warlord
05-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Damn straight.

And if you don't have to play in the middle of the night, when you constantly have to wonder where people are and who's side they are really on, you haven't played paintball.

gstelmack
05-05-2006, 10:50 AM
I really miss the hour long games with our old Nelspot Bolt-Action 007 pistols with 10 shots in the mag and a 20-shot CO2 cylinder, trying to decide who'd stay on defense and who was going after the other team's flag, sneaking around in just ACRES of woods where you could not see an enemy until you snuck up on their base, or hiding behind a log you can see under waiting to see if the enemy is trying to come up this particular approach...

Wait, what was I doing again?

wade moore
05-05-2006, 10:50 AM
If you haven't played with your team of 15 having only slingshots against a team of 3 or 4 with guns, you haven't really played paintball.

timmae
05-05-2006, 12:26 PM
yummm... prozium. Where can I get me some?!

Izulde
10-25-2012, 12:38 AM
So I'm finally going paintballing for the first time this weekend.

Any tips, tricks, suggestions for a noob who's likely to get slaughtered repeatedly?

Pumpy Tudors
10-25-2012, 12:48 AM
So I'm finally going paintballing for the first time this weekend.

Any tips, tricks, suggestions for a noob who's likely to get slaughtered repeatedly?
Don't get shot in the mouth. The paint tastes bad.

Groundhog
10-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Played X-Com? Then you know what to do... find cover quickly, be prepared to shoot on sight.... :)

Glengoyne
10-25-2012, 01:34 AM
I really miss the hour long games with our old Nelspot Bolt-Action 007 pistols with 10 shots in the mag and a 20-shot CO2 cylinder, trying to decide who'd stay on defense and who was going after the other team's flag, sneaking around in just ACRES of woods where you could not see an enemy until you snuck up on their base, or hiding behind a log you can see under waiting to see if the enemy is trying to come up this particular approach...

Wait, what was I doing again?

Yup...Those were the days. Kids these days don't know how good they've got it.

I remember a few things. Sneaking up perfectly on a guy, only to have miscalculated how many rounds I had fired. My CO2 cylinder gave up the ghost on me, and the round sort of floated out of the barrel and bounced off him. He was scared, but his gun worked.

I also played once with a retired Navy SEAL. He was a one man army in those woods. He said "I don't consider them really dead, unless there's paint running out an ear". He played with a single shot paint gun, and in one game he went for the enemy flag solo, and we won.

Have Fun CW!

terpkristin
10-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Funny to see this thread bumped on the same week that there was a paintball episode of The League.

/tk

stevew
10-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Paint knife!