PDA

View Full Version : Undocumented Features in FOF2007

A-Husker-4-Life
10-27-2006, 01:20 PM
I'll start first with;

Position changes - You can finally change OL into DL and vice versa. I've wanted this feature in the game for forever.

I know there is more but I haven't had alot of time with the demo. Do you guys know of anymore..??

wade moore
10-27-2006, 01:22 PM
My impression is that Rust is not "documented"? It's pretty similar to the mentor feature in 2004 in that there is a display for it, but no documentation on it.

At least, I haven't seen documentation.

twothree
10-27-2006, 01:28 PM
I posted this in another thread, but...You can now release and resign some players during the same season/week.

Specifically, I noticed that players that make close to the minimum can be released and resigned and released again and resigned again etc. While if you release someone that had a large contract, and then try to resign him you will get the "Due to past injustices, my client is unwilling to sign with your team." message.

Ksyrup
10-27-2006, 01:30 PM
I posted this in another thread, but...You can now release and resign some players during the same season/week.

Specifically, I noticed that players that make close to the minimum can be released and resigned and released again and resigned again etc. While if you release someone that had a large contract, and then try to resign him you will get the "Due to past injustices, my client is unwilling to sign with your team." message.

I said it in the other thread, and I'll say it again...

THANK YOU JIM! :)

gstelmack
10-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Position changes - You can finally change OL into DL and vice versa. I've wanted this feature in the game for forever.

:confused:

OL -> DL and DL -> OL were valid position switch options (depending on weight) in 2k4...

A-Husker-4-Life
10-27-2006, 02:23 PM
:confused:

OL -> DL and DL -> OL were valid position switch options (depending on weight) in 2k4...

You could switch them but they would lose all rating besides endurance and wouldn't gain the appropriate rating for that position.

timmynausea
10-27-2006, 02:51 PM
There is a lot more flexibility in position changes in general, which I think is a good thing.

Edit to clarify: By flexibility I mean that you can have more success moving guys around. I think it is more realistic that you can move a great athlete from WR to CB and have him be close to equally effective. In the past that wasn't usually possible.

Buzzbee
10-28-2006, 01:49 AM
My impression is that Rust is not "documented"? It's pretty similar to the mentor feature in 2004 in that there is a display for it, but no documentation on it.

At least, I haven't seen documentation.

Can somebody point me to where I can find the rust factor in the game? I've looked but don't know where to find it. I think the word rust is mentioned once in the help.

MrBigglesworth
10-28-2006, 01:55 AM
Can somebody point me to where I can find the rust factor in the game? I've looked but don't know where to find it. I think the word rust is mentioned once in the help.
On the player card, a line called "seasonal rust" will be there, maybe its only there if there is actually rust though.

Buzzbee
10-28-2006, 01:58 AM
On the player card, a line called "seasonal rust" will be there, maybe its only there if there is actually rust though.

Thanks. I looked and looked on player cards, but never saw it. Of course the very first player card I pulled up after your post had it. Stupid Murphy.

SackAttack
10-28-2006, 02:32 AM
"Conflict: Team Leader"

...there's an overall team leader, now? I can't find mention of it in the documentation.

SackAttack
10-28-2006, 02:34 AM
Dola, I wonder if that's just funky wording. I notice quarterbacks have affinities/conflicts with 'leaders' (in lowercase), whereas other players seem to have them with Team Leaders...and I wonder if that's just an oblique reference to the leader of their positional group rather than an overarching team leader.

brale
10-28-2006, 05:34 AM

Instead of a circle next to his name there will be a badge.

I guess its a badge of rust.

Actually nevermind... the guys I found for rust happened to be on suspension.

Connection perhaps?!

QuikSand
10-28-2006, 08:22 AM
"Conflict: Team Leader"

...there's an overall team leader, now? I can't find mention of it in the documentation.

I don't think this is anything new - just applies to the appropriate leader on your team. I think the point was to clarify that it applied to your team, not globally (that the guy was good or bad for every team).

*shurg*

Peregrine
10-28-2006, 09:00 AM
You can click on the injury that injured players have and it will give you an idea of how serious it is. Sprained Knee returned "Player can maintain a high level of performance, there is a moderate risk of reinjury."

SunDevil
10-28-2006, 01:20 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/showthread.php?t=19027&highlight=reshacker

Its an old thread, but maybe can see if this still works. I am still trying to figure our reshacker.