PDA

View Full Version : I am considering buying FOF, but....

Dolemite73
10-28-2006, 01:41 PM
I really need a FAQ or something to help me with the nuts and bolts of the game (i.e. ratings, volatility, etc.). Is there something around here that a newbie can read to get a good feel for the game?

I am a veteran FBPro player but have yet to try the text-sims. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

watravaler
10-28-2006, 02:09 PM
The game will come with an extensive help guide that should answer any question you have. This board will help with anything else.

twothree
10-28-2006, 02:09 PM
IMHO, There has never been a good comprehensive, well maintained FAQ with answers for any previous version. However, there is a thread with a collection of links to other threads. It's usually a sticky thread, but try looking here

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/showthread.php?t=16523

and read some of the threads that still have working links under rookies/drafting and strategy. Also, if you haven't try installing the demo and then read the help files that come with the demo.

(Waves to Hell Atlantic, just in case he looks in the thread and notices I'm following his pattern for people with my post count.)

Ben E Lou
10-28-2006, 02:16 PM
I really need a FAQ or something to help me with the nuts and bolts of the game (i.e. ratings, volatility, etc.).The in-game help file does a decent job of giving you the bare bones basics. You don't have to buy the game to get the help file, either. It's in the free demo at http://www.solecismic.com

Is there something around here that a newbie can read to get a good feel for the game?After looking in the help file, I'd recommend reading this:

FOF 2004 Guide and Walkthrough For New Users (http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16968)

It walks you through the basic steps of the game. Now, it was written for the previous game, but the basic elements are the same. I'm not sure anyone really has a full handle on the new stuff yet anyway.

I am a veteran FBPro player but have yet to try the text-sims. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.Welcome to the board! I hope you enjoy your stay. If you have any further questions after looking in the help file and the walkthrough, fire away! It's an active board, especially now with the recent release. You should get answers pretty quickly.

--Ben

Toddzilla
10-28-2006, 02:21 PM
I am a veteran FBPro player but have yet to try the text-sims.Welcome. To the DARK SIDE!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

TRO
10-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Welcome.

TRO
10-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Dola

Couldn't resist.

Hurst2112
10-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Is Dolamite still around? nothing on the user list.

cougarfreak
10-28-2006, 02:39 PM
I came into FOF 2004 VERY late, and just had to feel my way through. It's just a mattter of playing and figuring stuff out. I'd highly recommend the new version, and the sooner you buy, the sooner you'll get ahead of the learning curve. This board is a tremendous resource as well, for the game, and for computer help, etc.