PDA

View Full Version : FOF 2007 - Cool Position Changes

Groundhog
10-29-2006, 05:38 AM
Vince Young just went from something like a 24/68 as a QB to a 34/81 as a SE!

Icy
10-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Vince Young just went from something like a 24/68 as a QB to a 34/81 as a SE!

I'm not so thrilled with those kind of changes. I would prefer players keeping at same or below level, but that increase... umm it will be exploted a lot in MP's. Somebody reported at the NAFL that he tried to put T.Owens as RB and he was awesome. I just tried to set TE McMichael as running back and his potential is better than Ronnie Brown.

Do you really think that any college QB could all the sudden be a better current and future WR? I could think on Matt Jones but...

MizzouRah
10-29-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm not so thrilled with those kind of changes. I would prefer players keeping at same or below level, but that increase... umm it will be exploted a lot in MP's. Somebody reported at the NAFL that he tried to put T.Owens as RB and he was awesome. I just tried to set TE McMichael as running back and his potential is better than Ronnie Brown.

Do you really think that any college QB could all the sudden be a better current and future WR? I could think on Matt Jones but...

I think someone like Brad Smith could.

BucDawg40
10-29-2006, 11:13 AM

See also Hines Ward, Antwan Randel El, etc..

CraigSca
10-29-2006, 11:36 AM
While we can all give an anecdotal answer or two, I'm a little leery of all the position changes that turn out for the better. This happens a lot in college, but not so much in the NFL. I'm hoping all the switches I'm hearing about are the entire iceberg, not just the tip.

Icy
10-29-2006, 11:45 AM
While we can all give an anecdotal answer or two, I'm a little leery of all the position changes that turn out for the better. This happens a lot in college, but not so much in the NFL. I'm hoping all the switches I'm hearing about are the entire iceberg, not just the tip.

Exactly what i meant, i know there are expection and there should be, but if if a lot of 25/60 players can become 35/80 at other positions we will see the GMs doing it all the time in the MP leagues and soon nobody will play at their main position. A vet TE like McMichael or WR T.Owens all the sudden being top RBs is not something i would like to see a lot for the realism shake.

kingfc22
10-29-2006, 02:28 PM
This topic concerns me. Anybody run any tests on building a team by drafting them and then changing their positions?

yabanci
10-29-2006, 03:32 PM

agreed. I'd rather see this kind of iceberg removed altogether.

Toddzilla
10-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Exactly what i meant, i know there are expection and there should be, but if if a lot of 25/60 players can become 35/80 at other positions we will see the GMs doing it all the time in the MP leagues and soon nobody will play at their main position. A vet TE like McMichael or WR T.Owens all the sudden being top RBs is not something i would like to see a lot for the realism shake.I don't mean to nitpick, but picking only 2 players in FOF - Owens and McMichael in this arguement - is *far more* anecdotal that the handful of real world examples given.

Maybe it is indeed as rare in FOF than in TRW.

Icy
10-29-2006, 04:55 PM
I don't mean to nitpick, but picking only 2 players in FOF - Owens and McMichael in this arguement - is *far more* anecdotal that the handful of real world examples given.

Maybe it is indeed as rare in FOF than in TRW.

Yeah sure, it's just a worry not that has been reported as bug.
Let's wait and see but i think it was good to post it so others can try it too and share their opinions.