PDA

View Full Version : FOF2K7: Multiplayer League Administration

Subby
10-29-2006, 10:35 AM
While I am not a commissioner, I do help run FOFL (http://www.thefofl.com) and am in a few other leagues.

I thought it might be useful to have a thread where the folks who run leagues get together and share insights/informatin on the MP feature set of 2007 and the needed workarounds.

I'll start. I have poked around the MP module a bit and it seems that you still cannot FTP your game export straight out of 2K7 (a la OOTP mp). Is that case or am I still missing something?

It also looks like I will have to go the batch file route if I want to have several MP teams.

Any other MP impressions?

gstelmack
10-29-2006, 10:47 AM
It also looks like I will have to go the batch file route if I want to have several MP teams.

Only if you are customizing the "universe" (different city names, etc). Note that the storing of league data and boxscores all use the league name now, so I don't think there will be the same conflict with game result files as there used to be.

twothree
10-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Game Options Screen

If you choose to save the game plan and depth chart progress on export, this information will be kept when you export a file to send to the commissioner of your multi-player league. It's recommended that you set this choice to Yes unless you frequently change your mind about game planning decisions and don't keep a large set of game plans saved. Depth chart information is included in the updates you receive from your commissioner, but game plan information is not kept up to date. That is solely stored on your computer. All other multi-player decisions, like contract offers, are not saved regardless of this setting.

I find this interesting.

cuervo72
10-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Only if you are customizing the "universe" (different city names, etc).

Well, that would probably affect 90% of us in the MP realm considering all the overlap there is. Subby for instance would need one universe for GEFL, one for FOFL, and now one for IHOF (same deal with VPI). I'm lazy so I don't have a batch file, and tend to stick with the FOFL cities. Of course that makes my main IHOF rivalry in-game look like the Beaumont (TX) Vigilianties vs. the Pensacola Crossfire.

Imagine the colossal pain in the ass this must be for someone like jshipman. ;)

twothree
10-29-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm lazy so I don't have a batch file, and tend to stick with the FOFL cities. Of course that makes my main IHOF rivalry in-game look like the Beaumont (TX) Vigilianties vs. the Pensacola Crossfire.

Guess I am not the only one that doesn't switch out the frfoot.fcy and frfoot.fni files when switching leagues. :)