PDA

View Full Version : SoleVision / Cool New things?

JimmyWint
10-31-2006, 08:26 AM
I have not had the chance to download the demo yet. Anyway, I was wondering with the Solevision...Can anyone explain it to me. It it like OTTP where you can access the box scores while you are playing your game? Or can you switch from game to game if you are just 'watching' your game? It sounds like something I would really like in a solo league. Also, what is the one coolest new feature you have noticed? Thanks in advance.

wade moore
10-31-2006, 08:43 AM
I have not had the chance to download the demo yet. Anyway, I was wondering with the Solevision...Can anyone explain it to me. It it like OTTP where you can access the box scores while you are playing your game? Or can you switch from game to game if you are just 'watching' your game? It sounds like something I would really like in a solo league. Also, what is the one coolest new feature you have noticed? Thanks in advance.

Solevision is a bit of a combo of things...

On your screen at one time you see:

* Play by Play action of your game
* Running team stats for your game (Rushing Yards, Passing Yards, Attempts, etc
* Highlights of other games when scores happen
* Running, Live scores of other games
* League Leaders for the day in various stats (Rushing Yards, Passing Yards, Sacks, etc) that rotate between the stats
* You can at any time "flip" to the action in other games so that they live play by play, stats, etc are for that game instead

Ksyrup
10-31-2006, 08:47 AM
I am quick-simmer so I usually don't watch games, but I did try the Solevision feature and I didn't really like it because it was too much information at once. It was pretty much impossible trying to watch my game and keep up with scoring updates in the other games and the stat leaders as well. I either had to continually pause it to take in all the information, or lose my place in my game to concentrate on the scoring update and what the score of that other game was.

I guess if I was willing to spend 45-60 minutes simming my game in slow speed it would be manageable, but I'm not, and it's not. Still, I like the idea of the feature and it seems to work pretty well, even if it doesn't work well for me.

wade moore
10-31-2006, 08:49 AM
I am quick-simmer so I usually don't watch games, but I did try the Solevision feature and I didn't really like it because it was too much information at once. It was pretty much impossible trying to watch my game and keep up with scoring updates in the other games and the stat leaders as well. I either had to continually pause it to take in all the information, or lose my place in my game to concentrate on the scoring update and what the score of that other game was.

I guess if I was willing to spend 45-60 minutes simming my game in slow speed it would be manageable, but I'm not, and it's not. Still, I like the idea of the feature and it seems to work pretty well, even if it doesn't work well for me.

Yeah, I view this is a feature for MP and for those that really like to pour themselves into an individual season in SP.

I will absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this for MP and I imagine those that read through gamelogs in SP before will feel the same - I'm guessing that's something you didn't do before either.

Narcizo
10-31-2006, 08:52 AM
I think it's probably more aimed at MP leagues where the level of slow immersion is generally a lot greater than in SP play, where people generally tend to race through the season. Although I prefer the game viewer thing of, erm, Cam and 3ric, I think, as it's easier to follow things graphically (a line marching up and down the field) than reading itty-bitty text on a screen. Of course there's probably a bit more tension with the Solevision thingy. Probably too much tension for me as I'll always race to see the results.

st.cronin
10-31-2006, 09:15 AM
insert Ashley Madison joke