PDA

View Full Version : Help: Is there anyway to change the starting time in FOF2007?

14ers
11-01-2006, 09:57 PM
I would like to be able to start my FOF career at the start of a season; right after the Super Bowl. Is there anyway to change the time the game begins to be more like NFL Head Coach is?

Right now my game keeps starting me after the entire off season is already over. Hell, even training camp is complete. This is way, way to late. I want to hire my own Coaching staff, sign free agents, draft players, and then go through Training Camp. Starting after training camp is like starting in the middle of the season and that is just plain stupid.

Am I missing something that will alow me to start after the Super Bowl?

CraigSca
11-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Nope - and this is the way it's been in every iteration of the game.

14ers
11-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Nope - and this is the way it's been in every iteration of the game.That is stupid. What Coach / GM would be hired after Training Camp was complete?

This is my first FOF.

DaddyTorgo
11-01-2006, 10:07 PM
That is stupid. What Coach / GM would be hired after Training Camp was complete?

This is my first FOF.

so just tank the first season, get a high draft pick and then start new.

14ers
11-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Is there anyway to start a season and not have a team? This way I could just just sim the first season and start in 2008?

JeeberD
11-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Nope, 'fraid not...

CraigSca
11-01-2006, 10:14 PM
If you can get past this "deal breaker", you'll find FOF to be the deepest, most realistic football sim out there.

14ers
11-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Nope, 'fraid not...
Frak..... Who the hell thought this would be a good start date for a Football Sim?

I am wanting to start with my Raiders, and I just keep getting pasted the first year.

Raiders Army
11-01-2006, 10:17 PM
FWIW, I believe in all iterations of Madden you started at the Pre-Season so this isn't much different. Head Coach was the only game that started at the draft.

See here for more of Head Coach:
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/showthread.php?t=53790

14ers
11-01-2006, 10:22 PM
I have just been reading the Sticky about all the customization in 2004, hell I think you can even chage the Start year, and was hoping someone had written a mod that changed the starting time.

Raiders Army
11-01-2006, 10:25 PM
If it doesn't make a difference to you, you could set everything to auto and sim up until after the Superbowl and just "take over" from there. You said you didn't mind starting in 2008. *shrug*

Swaggs
11-01-2006, 10:27 PM
For what it is worth, I am always kind of disinterested for the first season, as well. But, once you make your way through (which you can do very quickly in this version--just sim through the playoffs), you will be very impressed.

M GO BLUE!!!
11-01-2006, 10:32 PM
I am wanting to start with my Raiders, and I just keep getting pasted...
You see how realistic the game is! :D

It has the current season including the players and rookies. Al Davis signed your free agents. Al Davis ran your draft. Al just decided to step back and let you continue to run the team into the toilet.

If you want to make the game "realistic" in your terms by starting with a draft, run a dispersal draft. Then you have complete control of who you want on your team. So you don't have the current roster... Is that such a bad thing?

sabotai
11-01-2006, 10:33 PM
If it doesn't make a difference to you, you could set everything to auto and sim up until after the Superbowl and just "take over" from there. You said you didn't mind starting in 2008. *shrug*

That's what I was going to suggest. Just go into Global options, Click "Yes" for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th option (Coach resets depth chart, coach resets game plan and scouts sign players). Then go to the Simulation Window, click "Simulate Entire Season". Bam, you're right after the Super Bowl is over.