PDA

View Full Version : Practice Squad?

Geld1941
11-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Is this option available in FoF2007? I have checked the website but haven't found anything that says it's in or not.

Also I have downloaded the demo, and when a player gets hurt, what does the 'Active/Inactive' button option do?

Any answers to these questions would be much appreciated.

Ben E Lou
11-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Is this option available in FoF2007? I have checked the website but haven't found anything that says it's in or not.We had a Q&A session for FOF2004 with Jim Gindin, the FOF developer {LINK TO FOF2004 Q&A session} (http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/showthread.php?t=15452&highlight=practice+squad)
and he responded to the question then as such: Q: Will there be practice squads?
A: No. Since NFL rules dictate that anyone may be signed off of another team's practice squad at any time, it just doesn't seem like a huge value-add.

Also I have downloaded the demo, and when a player gets hurt, what does the 'Active/Inactive' button option do?It puts him on or off the 46-man active roster. Status - Inactive players don't count toward the team's active player limit of 46. Additional players may be on injured reserve, but once placed there, they can't be activated the rest of the season. Teams may carry 53 players (active and inactive) during the regular season, 60 during the pre-season.

Welcome to the board! There are a number of people around here with lots of FOF knowledge who are willing to help out with answers to questions. Be sure to check out the threads stickied above.

sabotai
11-07-2006, 12:41 PM
There are no practice squads in the game. In real life, their contracts don't count against the cap, they're not bound to stay with the team, etc. so it would really just be, IMO anyway, more of an "eye-candy" like feature. Something that doesn't really effect the way you play the game.

Inactive means the player is not dressed to play in the game. You can have as many as 53 players on your roster (60 during Preseason), but only 46 can be Active.

Geld1941
11-07-2006, 01:12 PM
Great, thanks alot for you professional and insightful answers, gentlemen.

stevew
11-09-2006, 07:51 AM
It would be nice to have a practice squad if it was implemented good. It'd be a way to track an additional 7 players with your team, guys that would gain cohesion and become fluent in your system. Other teams could offer guys on your squad a contract, but then you would have the ability to promote them to the active roster if you wanted to retain them.

But it's no deal breaker or anything. I do think that they count somewhat against the NFL cap though(roughly a million for 7 players).

Honolulu Blue
11-09-2006, 08:23 AM
I like the flexibility of the inactive roster vs. the practice squad.

stevew
11-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Plus isn't it true in the new version that you can sign and resign multiple young scrubs in the same season? Without getting the past injustices?

Ksyrup
11-09-2006, 08:26 AM
Plus isn't it true in the new version that you can sign and resign multiple young scrubs in the same season? Without getting the past injustices?

Yep, this remedies the issue for me.