PDA

View Full Version : A FOF2007 question...

Ronde Barber
11-10-2006, 05:31 AM
I've seen that players are rated basing on my scout ability to give them a score.
For exemple: 40/80 means that now the player is 40 and, in future, if well trained, he'll maybe reach 80.
I'd like to know if there's the opportunity, for some players, to advance more than their maximum...for the exemple above, reach 90....This is because, sometimes, players are not given a lot of credit before the draft, but then they play really well....
Morevover, how do you make him progress from level 40 to 80 (or 90)??? Only with training and playing time???

Thanks a lot :cool:

Narcizo
11-10-2006, 06:17 AM
Yes, the potential rating is only what the scout thinks, and the actual potential could be considerably higher or lower than you see at the moment. I don't think the potential increases because the player plays well as such but there is an argument that players with greater potential often play better than you would expect given their current ability. That would look much the same. There are also cases of real potential actually jumping (or, more commonly, plummeting) over the off-season.

The main way to improve current ability is playing time. Players current ability will also improve in training camp and may improve a bit over summer without any action being taken. Also having a mentor active on your roster in the same position as a young player (1-3 years experience) who is also active on the roster, will improve development.

But mostly it's getting a case of getting them as much playing time as possible.