PDA

View Full Version : WW iv - Dune: The Jihad of Muad'dib - GAME OFFICIALLY CANCELLED!!!

saldana
11-10-2006, 02:17 PM
ok, i am gonna put the streak of 37 back into action on the small game side

i plan on starting monday morning with day one and having roles and night zero on sunday night

the game will be relatively simple, roles will be revealed upon death, and voting rules will be standard plurality.

i will put the cap at 15, but shorten it up if there isnt enough interest to fill it by sunday afternoon

1. Path12

saldana
11-10-2006, 02:17 PM
The Spice.

Nothing else in the universe matters.

Without the Spice, there would be no Bene-Gesserit.

Without the Spice, there would be no Spacing Guild.

It was once said, "He who controls the Spice, controls the Universe!", and the battle for this most valuable of substances has raged for hundreds of years in only one place. The desert planet of Arrakis....also known as, Dune. And it is in the middle of this battle that you find yourselves.

Arrakis is a harsh, unforgiving world...the entire surface of the planet has been scoured clean of all vegetation, and water is as scarce a commodity to the people who live there as the Spice is to the rest of the Universe. Those people, the Fremen, are a secluded and hardened people. They have waited generations for the coming of a man to fulfill their Prophecy. The Voice from the Outer World is said to be the one that will change the face of Arrakis forever. It seems know that the One has arrived....Paul Muad'dib has come to the Fremen and with his knowledge of warfare, along with his special abilities derived from his Bene Gesserit teachings, have allowed the production of Spice on Arrakis to be significantly interrupted. The Spacing Guild and the Padishah Emperor have grown exceedingly concerned, as the Spice literally makes the Universe run...without it, all interstellar travel becomes impossible. Muad'dib has charged members of each Sietch to carry on with his Jihad against the House Harkonnen, the House of the Landsraad currently "ruling" Arrakis.

You are a member of Sietch Bwarin and have chosen to become a Soldier of the Jihad. You and your tribemates have carried out numerous missions against the Harkonnen harvester teams, but there has been a cost. The water of a number of your fellow soldiers has been spilled, and your team's numbers are waning. A sparrow was sent to neighboring Sietches asking for any able bodied Jihadi warriors to come and join you, and with the help of their able bodied men alongside the remnants of your raiding force, you plan on resuming your mission to halt Spice production and drive the Harkonnen, the Emperor, and the Spacing Guild off the face of Dune for all time.

path12
11-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Looks like my daytime access is back, so sign me up.

saldana
11-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Looks like my daytime access is back, so sign me up.

a brave soul to sign up before i ever announced the theme;)

path12
11-10-2006, 05:17 PM
a brave soul to sign up before i ever announced the theme;)

I'm stupid that way. And itchin' for a fix. Turns out I like the theme though, so that's a doublegood plus!

Blade6119
11-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Welcome back path, missed ya

Barkeep49
11-10-2006, 05:34 PM
I too will jump in. I'm taking a couple mornings off though I will be only very limited in my availability on Monday after the morning.

LoneStarGirl
11-10-2006, 05:44 PM
i think im giong to be lynched soon... so sign me up

st.cronin
11-10-2006, 05:46 PM
i'll play

spleen1015
11-10-2006, 06:41 PM
I'd like to play.

Chief Rum
11-10-2006, 09:53 PM
I'll play if you promise not to put me in a role that immediately dies.

Well, okay, even if you do, I'll still play... :)

Fouts
11-10-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm in. Maybe I can live past night 1.

st.cronin
11-10-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm in. Maybe I can live past night 1.

Hint: If you are the bodyguard, protect yourself on night 1.

Lathum
11-10-2006, 11:07 PM
in

saldana
11-11-2006, 08:04 AM
I'll play if you promise not to put me in a role that immediately dies.

Well, okay, even if you do, I'll still play... :)

your role is: worm food.....you are not allowed to post, vote, or do anything else...all you will do is stand in the middle of the desert jumping up and down until a worm comes and eats you....dont worry though...you will soon be reincarnated and able to continue in the game as...............worm crap.

Chief Rum
11-11-2006, 11:30 AM
your role is: worm food.....you are not allowed to post, vote, or do anything else...all you will do is stand in the middle of the desert jumping up and down until a worm comes and eats you....dont worry though...you will soon be reincarnated and able to continue in the game as...............worm crap.

Hmm, okay then, I better...

VOTE WORM

Sounds like he is the biggest threat to me surviving in the game.

Oh wait, I can't vote or post, shoot...

saldana
11-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Hmm, okay then, I better...

VOTE WORM

Sounds like he is the biggest threat to me surviving in the game.

Oh wait, I can't vote or post, shoot...

no fremen would ever vote for shai-halud....you must be a Harkonnen!!!!!!!:D

(just trying to help your cause for lynching on day one)

Fouts
11-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Hint: If you are the bodyguard, protect yourself on night 1.

Um duh?

Blade6119
11-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Um duh? I don't know whether this is coming from. If you are refering to the LotR game, I wasn't the bodyguard.

While the game is till going on you prob. shouldnt say things like that..im dead too, so just trying to help.

Fouts
11-11-2006, 04:53 PM
While the game is till going on you prob. shouldnt say things like that..im dead too, so just trying to help.

My bad. Just trying to reply to a perceived insult of my gameplay.

st.cronin
11-11-2006, 05:25 PM
It was a joke, not directed at Fouts or the last game - it was I forget who in some game who was the bodyguard and got killed night 1.

hoopsguy
11-11-2006, 10:30 PM
For what it is worth, I have not guarded myself Night 1 on any of the three games where I was bodyguard.

And I am not the bodyguard in the game that is currently running (seeing how I'm not in it ...)

Chief Rum
11-12-2006, 05:51 AM
I have only been a BG once, but I, too, did not guard myself. It was a complicated game, though, and I had knowledge of others of importance to guard, so it may not apply.

Barkeep49
11-12-2006, 07:11 AM
I was the BG once. And it became clear who the bad guys were going to kill and so despite the fact that being the BG in that game was a death wish I guarded that guy and promptly died. It sucked.

saldana
11-12-2006, 06:46 PM
well gang, thanks to those that signed up, but 8 just isnt enough players to run the game with...i am gonna put this back on the shelf and take my spot in the line...i guess we will have to wait until after the holiday to get a new game up.

sorry all

Lorena
11-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Aww... I'm sorry to see the game got canceled. I would sign up but I can barely hack 1 game, 2 would be too much.

DaddyTorgo
11-12-2006, 09:36 PM
i totally would have sweated this theme!

Lorena
11-13-2006, 07:13 AM
Well, now that I'm dead, I would hope you reconsider starting this game, I'd be interested in playing.

saldana
11-13-2006, 08:37 AM
i totally would have sweated this theme!

cool, i plan on bringing back the same game when my turn comes up, so be sure to sign up then

DaddyTorgo
11-13-2006, 06:02 PM
cool, i plan on bringing back the same game when my turn comes up, so be sure to sign up then

HOT!