PDA

View Full Version : FOF2007 : Quick observation of 6.0a

A-Husker-4-Life
11-15-2006, 01:40 PM
For all the people complaining about the new patch, please give it some time and you'll love it. Here's some of the things I enjoys about it;

- The precision of the scouting is much better. I already used the right-click exp. screen pre patch so it doesn't bother me to much.

- Drafting that hidden gem in the 6th round is pretty much gone and drafting overall is alot harder. :)

- The depth chart is for the most part better, I just wish the basic defense screen was positioned better. It feels too cluttered, positions not lumped together.

- Speed of the Recommend button is great. :)

- I had the computer offer me a very good trade, a 2nd rounder & a player for a 4th round boom I picked up a year before. :)

- Scout recommend on the depth charts is pretty much dead on now. :)

This is just some of the things I've found and enjoyed, there's going to be some more improvements the more I play so I'll get back to everybody about them..

Galaxy
11-15-2006, 01:59 PM
- Drafting that hidden gem in the 6th round is pretty much gone and drafting overall is alot harder. :)

Not sure I like that. Should be harder, but still should have some late-round gems.

wade moore
11-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Not sure I like that. Should be harder, but still should have some late-round gems.

But I don't get this... If the gems are there, then wouldn't people be saying that the AI Draft logic is bad?

I think the "gems" in the late rounds should be breakouts, not guys that shouldn't be there.

dbd1963
11-15-2006, 02:37 PM
But I don't get this... If the gems are there, then wouldn't people be saying that the AI Draft logic is bad?

I think the "gems" in the late rounds should be breakouts, not guys that shouldn't be there.

Yes. The occaisional Marques Colston or Tom Brady -- guys who are really good but nobody knows it until they are picked. You just stumble into them. But it would also be nice to have some way of feeling like you guessed right sometimes. I think the "underrated" tag partly does this, though these are hard to find late too; the AI seems to know about them as if they do interviews as well.

The other way we've done it is picking a guy who has off-the-charts combine numbers but isn't rated high, expecting a break out at some point. I haven't played 6.0a long enough to know if this still works.

I do like how it is much harder to find great picks in the later rounds.

yabanci
11-15-2006, 04:42 PM
The precision of the scouting is much better

The scouting error is too high and making the game too random.

who should we believe regarding patch 6a?

Galaxy
11-15-2006, 09:39 PM

I do agree with you, but I don't think it should be fully random.

wade moore
11-15-2006, 10:03 PM
I do agree with you, but I don't think it should be fully random.

Agreed. But I don't think that we should be dramatically "better" at picking out the steals...

So, I'm not sure how you find the median... in a perfect world, I think that getting steals late in the draft should be as hard in SP as MP.

Galaxy
11-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Agreed. But I don't think that we should be dramatically "better" at picking out the steals...

So, I'm not sure how you find the median... in a perfect world, I think that getting steals late in the draft should be as hard in SP as MP.

I agree. Maybe certain players could excel in certain systems better?

wade moore
11-15-2006, 10:10 PM
I agree. Maybe certain players could excel in certain systems better?

Well, if we're talking "down the road" in future versions or whatever, I could see something that maybe ties certain styles/quality of OC/DC to the development of certain types/qualities of "steals" late in the draft?

Narcizo
11-16-2006, 01:12 AM
who should we believe regarding patch 6a?

I've found this statement by Jim to be odd as well. From what I can tell the current ability scouting is completely out of whack but a by-product of this is, often, that potential ability scouting is dead on.

I think it goes like this. The maximum scouted current ability allowed is the players' "true" potential ability. Apparently something is happening that's making scouts over-rate a players' current ability wildly. In a lot of cases this means that the scouted current ability supercedes the scouted potential ability forcing it up to the "true" potential ability.

In my opinion this is what has happened with Markiewicz. Prepatch he scouts at something like 31-40. Post-patch he's 61-61. I think all the evidence available points towards 61 being his "true" potential - it's not a case of the potential being over-rated post patch. But the scout shouldn't be seeing his full potential. However the scout is so badly misjudging his current ability that the knock on effect is that we're actually being given a better idea of his potential.

So my hypothesis is that basically, both Jim and AH4L are correct. Scouts are wildly inaccurate when it comes to current ability but a knock-on effect is that their future potential scouting is often unerringly accurate.