PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf XXXIX: The Lady of La Rochelle–GAME OVER.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Grammaticus
12-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Welcome to Werewolf, the Three Musketeers. I’m looking at starting the game with a weekend day one cycle. If there are challenges with that, then we can start on Monday, I’m open to input. The game will be over by December 20th, Wednesday prior to the Christmas holiday.

The game will be intermediate in complexity, with an unconventional rule component adding a hint of RPG. Nothing too crazy.

This game should accommodate new players very well.

BACKGROUND:

The Religious wars of Sixteenth century France decided little in the bitter religious struggle of Catholic versus Protestant, and though the edict of Nantes in 1598 granted tolerance to the Protestant Huguenots, both sides knew the issue of religion had not been solved, just postponed. The crown and the majority of people remained staunch Catholics, while Calvinism took hold in small areas and classes of French society.

The heart of the Huguenot movement remained at La Rochelle, one of Frances major ports. The city’s vast defenses had held off large armies in the prior religious wars. The King had been forced to treat the city almost as a separate nation.

The Protestant cities arrogance and power grew. It became a rallying point for violent Protestant actions, including destroying Catholic churches and harboring pirates that preyed on French ships. In order to reduce the bloody conflict, the King and his advisor Cardinal Richelieu have decided to take La Rochelle once and for all.

It is the tenth of September 1627, La Rochelle is backed by England and their champion George Villiers, the Duke of Buckingham has been sent to assist the Rebels!

French Loyalists currently hold the key military fort at the mouth of La Rochelle’s harbor known as St. Martin. The English must take St. Martin to open the harbor in order to resupply the Protestants within La Rochelle.

Cardinal Richlelieu is within a week or so of arriving with the French Army to help reinforce the fort and King Louis XIII is arriving shortly after that with more forces. Buckingham has arrived and is laying siege to St. Martin.

You are all members of the Cardinals Guard, an elite fighting unit charged with protecting the Cardinal and to do his bidding. You have been sent ahead to enter St.Martin and assist holding the fort until the Cardinal arrives.

The beautiful Anne of Austria, the Queen of France is known to be one of the most captivating women in the world. It is rumored that Buckingham has a great love for her and she may have the same for him. It is also rumored that Cardinal Richlelieu has designs for Anne. Is this battle over religion or a woman?

Your Commander Captain Grenier has advised there is a special company of the Musketeers that specializes in espionage, known as the Black Musketeers. It has been confirmed that members of this unit have been tasked with assassinating the Cardinal. Apparently the King or the Captain of the Musketeers has decided the Cardinal has too powerful a hold on the kingdom, making the King appear weak. This along with the rumors of the Cardinals, ahem, relationship with the Queen…… The Musketeers have apparently infiltrated this unit of the Cardinals Guard. There are Musketeers among us and we must eliminate them in order to save Cardinal Richelieu. We have been sealed in St. Martin until the vile Musketeers have been eliminated!

Grammaticus
Factions:

Cardinals Guard = the uninformed majority (townies in werewolf). Cardinals Guard do not know each other and cannot PM or communicate outside of posts within the thread, unless their role PM permits

Musketeers = the informed minority (wolves in werewolf). Know each other and can PM each other

Victory Conditions:

Cardinals Guard - eliminate all Musketeers, saving the Cardinal
Musketeers - eliminate all Cardinals Guard, paving the way to kill the Cardinal

General Info:

The day cycle ends at 10pm Eastern Time
The night cycle ends at 6am Eastern Time, if all night actions are in prior to end of cycle, I will process the actions
Roles and abilities are not listed publicly prior to death
Roles and factions are revealed by GM upon death

Votes are caste each day to lynch. A majority must be reached in order to execute a consensus lynch. If a majority is not reached, then the top two vote recipients will duel to 3rd Blood (death). If there is a tie in votes for the top two vote recipients, the GM will determine the tie breaker and who will duel

Duels – M. Grenier has a matched pair of wheel lock dueling pistols. These will be primed and loaded before everyone’s eyes just prior to the duel. Each man will stand back to back and take ten paces. Upon the command of “fire”, each man will turn and fire his pistol at the other. If both men are still standing, they will draw rapiers and fight to 3rd blood. All duels will occur at the end of the day round.

During the night cycle all PMs regarding night actions are processed. The Musketeers have the ability to assassinate each night cycle

All Cardinals Guard have been relieved of their pistols and muskets. Of course each man has retained a rapier and dagger, as no gentleman would be left unarmed. Each man has a gentleman’s lackey. Although you are confined within citadel St. Martin, you are still a civilized member of an elite French military unit. You are permitted to move about the stronghold, but not leave. Your gentleman’s lackey fetches your meals, cleans your clothes and keeps your uniform in general good appearance. In come cases your manservant may run additional errands, pass notes, etc. For game purposes they are background and support to facilitate some game events and do not take a freestyle role in the game. In other words, you cannot request your gentleman’s lackey to execute events of your choice. You may have a special action that you can use, where the manservant facilitates the event or you may not, depending upon your role.

Challenges – As gentleman often disagree so strongly with one another and at times feel they have been dishonored or greatly offended, you have the gentleman’s right to challenge. Anyone can challenge another to a duel, by calling out the offender and dropping his glove in challenge. The challenged has the right to refuse or accept. A challenge that has been accepted, will result in a duel to 3rd blood at the end of the day round.

Only one challenge duel will be conducted per day. This can result in two duels at the end of a day. One from the challenge and one from a less than majority lynch vote. If multiple challenges occur and you cannot work out who should fight, the GM will determine. This will usually result in the first challenge accepted taking the duel. Although a particularly grievous event could trump first acceptance.

Skills

Each player will have ratings of ineffective, poor, average, good, or outstanding in the following categories:

Firearms
Speed – how quickly you can turn and fire your weapon
Accuracy – how well you can it what you target

Fencing
Attack – ability to score a hit
Parry – ability to deflect an attack

Defense – general ability to dodge an attack, used to defend against a firearm attack. Also used to defend against an unarmed fencing attack or any other event that may occur which requires a defensive check

Grammaticus
Roster:

1 Izulde - Cardinals Guard, Marksman. Murdered via slit throat NIGHT 1
2 st.cronin - Cardinals Guard, student of theology
3 DaddyTorgo - Black Musketeer, with charming devil trait. Killed by LSG in vote duel on DAY 7
4 Jonathan Ezarik - Cardinals Guard, Renaissance Man. Killed by Coffee Warlord in vote duel, DAY 3
5 path12 - Cardinals Guard, Blackmailed. Killed by LSG in a duel on DAY 4
6 Lathum - The Lady DeWinter, Disqualified via Lynch duel on DAY 6
7 Barkeep49 - Cardinals Guard, Studying to be Fencing Master, Killed by SnDvl by pistol shot NIGHT 2
8 Tyrith - Cardinals Guard, the Fencing Master, murdered on NIGHT 5
9 Blade6119 - Black Musketeer and the Spy, killed by LSG in a duel on DAY 5
10 Chief Rum - Cardinals Guard, Member of the Order de la Reine. Beheaded DAY 1
11 ntndeacon - Cardinals Guard, duelist. Killed in challenge duel by LSG on DAY 7
12 Fouts - Cardinals Guard Lieutenant, throat slit on NIGHT 6
13 Mr.Wednesday - Brittish Agent, Murdered NIGHT 2
14 BrianD - Cardinals Guard, Urban Tracker, Murdered NIGHT 4
15 Coffee Warlord - Black Musketeer, Lieutenant. Killed by Gallagher's Maul via lynch on DAY4
16 SnDvls - Black Musketeer, Vicious trait, killed by Barkeep in sword fight NIGHT 2
17 AlanT - Cardinals Guard, Investigator. Poisoned NIGHT 1
18 LoneStarGirl - Cardinals Guard, Duelist
19 Anxiety - Cardinals Guard, Member of the Order de la Reine. Killed by ntndeacon in vote duel, DAY 2
20 hoopsguy - Cardinals Guard, Retired Investigator, poisoned on NIGHT 4
21 Dubb93 - Cardinals Guard, Unsavory Character, stabbed night 3

Day 1 Begins:
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//forums/showthread.php?p=1329325#post1329325
End of Day 1:
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//forums/showthread.php?p=1330937#post1330937
End of Night 1:
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//forums/showthread.php?p=1331240#post1331240
End of Day 2:
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//forums/showthread.php?p=1332110#post1332110
End of Night 2
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//forums/showthread.php?p=1332297#post1332297
End of Day 3
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//forums/showthread.php?p=1333254#post1333254
End of Night 3
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//forums/showthread.php?p=1333450#post1333450
End of Day 4
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//forums/showthread.php?p=1334384#post1334384
End of Night 4
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//forums/showthread.php?p=1334471#post1334471
End of Day 5
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//forums/showthread.php?p=1335081#post1335081
End of Night 5
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//forums/showthread.php?p=1335150#post1335150
End of Day 6
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//forums/showthread.php?p=1335899#post1335899
End of Night 6
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//forums/showthread.php?p=1335900#post1335900
End of Day 7 – GAME OVER
http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com//forums/showthread.php?p=1336817#post1336817

Izulde
In!

st.cronin
12-05-2006, 10:02 PM
in

DaddyTorgo
12-05-2006, 10:02 PM
in

Jonathan Ezarik
12-05-2006, 10:04 PM
In.

path12
12-05-2006, 10:43 PM
In.

Lathum
12-05-2006, 10:53 PM
in

Barkeep49
12-05-2006, 10:57 PM
I'd like to play.

Tyrith
12-05-2006, 11:02 PM
in

Blade6119
12-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Ill play, but all of my grand-standing to cover for cronin has left me a little tired so expect me a little more reserved. Especially with the small game

st.cronin
12-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Ill play, but all of my grand-standing to cover for cronin has left me a little tired so expect me a little more reserved. Especially with the small game

I suspect neither one of us will last long in this game.

Chief Rum
12-05-2006, 11:09 PM
In. I'll bet I die first.

ntndeacon
12-06-2006, 12:29 AM
in

Fouts
12-06-2006, 01:45 AM
I'll play if there is room.

Mr. Wednesday
12-06-2006, 03:25 AM
Est. start/finish? I'm available through the 19th, but I'm traveling for the holidays on the 20th and unavailable thereafter.

Grammaticus
12-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Est. start/finish? I'm available through the 19th, but I'm traveling for the holidays on the 20th and unavailable thereafter.

If we start day one over the weekend, we can either end day one on Sunday or Monday. That makes a the first kill at the latest on the 11th. Then we are looking at a game that should not go past two weeks. No limit on size, but depending upon how many people play, there will be a mechanic to ensure the game moves along.

I will say this, I am leaving for vacation on the 20th, but can facilitate the game on 20th, 21st and 22nd, should it go that long. I may run a little late on the 20th. The open question will be, does the group want to postpone if we hit mid week of the 20th? Or would you prefer we ensure the game mechanic allows for a pace that ends the game by mid week two of the game? That would be 8 game days. I think I would prefer to ensure the game ends prior to the Holidays, whether that is game day 8 or 10.

Either way Mr. W, your probably good to play.

BrianD
12-06-2006, 09:16 AM
I need to avenge my quick death from last game. I'm in.

Tyrith
12-06-2006, 10:03 AM
If we start day one over the weekend, we can either end day one on Sunday or Monday. That makes a the first kill at the latest on the 11th. Then we are looking at a game that should not go past two weeks. No limit on size, but depending upon how many people play, there will be a mechanic to ensure the game moves along.

I will say this, I am leaving for vacation on the 20th, but can facilitate the game on 20th, 21st and 22nd, should it go that long. I may run a little late on the 20th. The open question will be, does the group want to postpone if we hit mid week of the 20th? Or would you prefer we ensure the game mechanic allows for a pace that ends the game by mid week two of the game? That would be 8 game days. I think I would prefer to ensure the game ends prior to the Holidays, whether that is game day 8 or 10.

Either way Mr. W, your probably good to play.

I think the mechanic should be such that the game will most likely end by day 8. It seems that everyone is going ot be getting really busy around the end of that week, and I don't see a reason to deal with having to play with half the players available or with making the game wait for a week.

Coffee Warlord
12-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Guess who's in the mood for some WW action.

In.

SnDvls
12-06-2006, 11:52 AM
in

Mr. Wednesday
12-06-2006, 01:22 PM
In.

bulletsponge
12-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Fencing? will there be duels in it?

Alan T
12-06-2006, 09:46 PM
I'll play

Grammaticus
12-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Fencing? will there be duels in it?

You can be sure if it.

Coffee Warlord
12-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Viva La France!

Grammaticus
12-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Viva La France!

Oh, I feel obligated to point out this event occurs at a point in time prior to the term "French Resistance" being an oxymoron......:)

LoneStarGirl
12-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Uhm, I think I want to play. But i messed up so badly last game I dont know if I should.... if you need me Gramm im in.

Abe Sargent
12-07-2006, 01:08 PM
In

Mr. Wednesday
12-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Uhm, I think I want to play. But i messed up so badly last game I dont know if I should.... if you need me Gramm im in.
Real life intruding is not "messed up so badly," FYI. :)

Grammaticus
12-07-2006, 01:45 PM

Please do play.

Also, getting whacked by a softball is not messing up. Hope you are feeling better.

hoopsguy
12-07-2006, 01:48 PM
En garde!

SnDvls
12-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Please do play.

Also, getting whacked by a softball is not messing up. Hope you are feeling better.

when I first read this I though you told her not to play I was gonna say that's not cool...then I reread it.

DaddyTorgo
12-07-2006, 06:36 PM

get your derriere in this game LSG!

Barkeep49
12-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Let me just state that ability has never been a mitigating factor. If it had been several of us grizzeled vets would no longer be playing. So I don't think LSG really did anything many of us haven't done before and the game is played becaue it's fun.

Grammaticus
12-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Yeah, LSG don't worry. You have played well and I'm sure will help make this game better than it would be without you.

I added you to the roster.

Izulde
12-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Gram, I'm just curious. Do the challenges have any effect besides the flavour of another duel if one takes place?

dubb93
12-07-2006, 09:20 PM
I'll play.

Grammaticus
12-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Gram, I'm just curious. Do the challenges have any effect besides the flavour of another duel if one takes place?

If I understand your question correctly, the only effect is a potential duel and a death that results in the elimination of that player from the game. Of course, you can read whatever you want into a players motive for wanting to kill another player, etc.

bulletsponge
12-07-2006, 10:23 PM
i dont know if i should play, i kinda bagged the last game. but dueling would keep me more interested. and i would duel till i die for sure. hmmmm

Grammaticus
12-07-2006, 10:35 PM
All of our duels are to 3rd Blood. The 17th century terminology I'm pulling this from is:

To 1st Blood = until one man is wounded
To 2nd Blood = until one man surrenders
To 3rd Blood = until one man is dead

Grammaticus
12-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Regarding a start date, would you all like to start with roles sent out tomorrow (Friday) and have end of day one be Sunday evening?

or

End of day one be Monday evening?

hoopsguy
12-07-2006, 11:31 PM
I'm ready to play whenever.

Blade6119
12-08-2006, 12:17 AM
sunday evening...monday would make it too long for me, since day 1 will be fairly simple anways

Barkeep49
12-08-2006, 07:12 AM
Let's start this sucka.

SnDvls
12-08-2006, 09:20 AM
I agree let's get started

LoneStarGirl
12-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Thanks Gram ;)

Lets get started!

Tyrith
12-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Sergeant Slate says, "It's time to die, hoopsguy!"

hoopsguy
12-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Perfect - I'm hoping for a really stupid, ridiculous Day 1 death. Frankly, I'm overdue for one.

Note: role not yet received!

Blade6119
12-08-2006, 01:52 PM
you would want us to think that, wouldnt you hoops

hoopsguy
12-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Just wanted that listed for historical accuracy, seeing as how the title "Roles out Shortly" will probably be updated in the near future :)

Alan T
12-08-2006, 02:04 PM
I am coming out right now and saying that I did NOT spend any money on an urchin.

Coffee Warlord
12-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Vote Hoops

hoopsguy
12-08-2006, 02:09 PM
VOTE UCLA

Blade6119
12-08-2006, 02:11 PM
VOTE THE ENTIRE CITY OF CHICAGO

Im much more efficient, i just voted like half the damn game

hoopsguy
12-08-2006, 02:25 PM
Hopefully you get at least one bad guy with your "vote 1/2 the players" approach.

Blade6119
12-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Hopefully you get at least one bad guy with your "vote 1/2 the players" approach.
Eh, as long as i get you im happy

hoopsguy
12-08-2006, 02:42 PM
This is going to be a fun game - or should I be saying a fun one day?

Coffee Warlord
12-08-2006, 03:04 PM
Technically I'm not in Chicago, so all is well. :)

Alan T
12-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Got my role PM. Looks like a pretty generic PM. Cardinals guard it is for me however!

Good luck fellow guards. I suppose lets hunt some muskateers.

hoopsguy
12-08-2006, 03:28 PM
In the same boat, Alan. I hope that we can have a little more enjoyable game playing on the same team this time around.

Grammaticus
12-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Role PMs sent

GAME STARTS

If you voted prior to this post, please re-vote.

I hate to hit and run, but I will be out for most of the evening and will answer any questions late tonight or tomorrow AM

Coffee Warlord
12-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Fair warning, it's a busy weekend for me (when isn't it?). My availability is questionable tonight and non-existant tomorrow starting mid-afternoon. I should be around Sunday afternoon.

SnDvls
12-08-2006, 03:43 PM
checking in

also making sure I didn't miss it in the rules, but we don't know the number of musketeers at start correct?

Alan T
12-08-2006, 03:48 PM
checking in

also making sure I didn't miss it in the rules, but we don't know the number of musketeers at start correct?

I didn't see it anywhere when I looked it over earlier.

Also out of curiosity, was I the only one who didn't really pay close attention to the storyline until the roles came out, and then had a suprise when I found out the Cardinal guard = good in this game? I got my role PM and saw I was a cardinal guard and no idea who my team mates were and was very puzzled until I actually read that we're the good guys.

I think I've seen too many three muskateer movies and got trained thinking they = good. :)

Abe Sargent
12-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Alright all, I'm here. Yay!

My birthday celebratory bash is tonight and I expect maybe fifteen people or so. As wuch, I won;t be around all that much, although I do hope to check in and out occasionally. Tomorrow I should be around much more.

-Anxiety

Mr. Wednesday
12-08-2006, 03:57 PM
I've received my role.

path12
12-08-2006, 03:58 PM
God Bless the Cardinal!

Guard checking in. Happy birthday, Abe!

Mr. Wednesday
12-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Personally, I think that the ability to duel could be a lot of fun if one of our standard spats develops. :)

Abe Sargent
12-08-2006, 04:01 PM
God Bless the Cardinal!

Guard checking in. Happy birthday, Abe!

Thanks buddy!

DaddyTorgo
12-08-2006, 04:09 PM
checking in. havn't even looked at my PM, but checking in. LOL

DaddyTorgo
12-08-2006, 04:40 PM
I didn't see it anywhere when I looked it over earlier.

Also out of curiosity, was I the only one who didn't really pay close attention to the storyline until the roles came out, and then had a suprise when I found out the Cardinal guard = good in this game? I got my role PM and saw I was a cardinal guard and no idea who my team mates were and was very puzzled until I actually read that we're the good guys.

I think I've seen too many three muskateer movies and got trained thinking they = good. :)

yeah that definately weirded me out. i was like "cardinals guard? ugh...evil 3 games in a row!" and then i read a little more closely and actually popped out to read the setup and went "ugh...i'm supposta want to protect the icky cardinal richelieu?"

ah well, guess we can't pick our paychecks.

Fouts
12-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Cardinals Guard checking in.

Barkeep49
12-08-2006, 05:00 PM
None of you can hold a candle to this Cardinal's Guard.

LoneStarGirl
12-08-2006, 05:10 PM
I am a Cardinal Guard and thankful for it. I suck at being evil.

ntndeacon
12-08-2006, 05:34 PM
I am a cardinal guard. and the Muskateers stink to high heaven. If I knew who they were I would slap them with my gauntlet and then stab them with my dagger.

SnDvls
12-08-2006, 05:35 PM
is today's day cycle still ending at 10 PM or since roles went out so late today is it ending tomorrow at 10 PM

kinda need to know as I'm probally headed out for dinner and zoo lights tonight.

DaddyTorgo
12-08-2006, 05:50 PM
is today's day cycle still ending at 10 PM or since roles went out so late today is it ending tomorrow at 10 PM

kinda need to know as I'm probally headed out for dinner and zoo lights tonight.

day one ends 10pm EST on SUNDAY SnDvls

SnDvls
12-08-2006, 05:52 PM
day one ends 10pm EST on SUNDAY SnDvls

ah okay thanks DT

st.cronin
12-08-2006, 06:01 PM
I have recieved my role. Loyal cardinal guard here. I am apparently studying to be a priest, which I find amusing.

Jonathan Ezarik
12-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Another in the Cardinals Guard here. I do want to mention, however, that 3 Musketeers is my favorite candy bar. If I get killed, I want to die at the hands of the Musketeers. Preferably with them shoving candy bars down my throat. Death by Chocolate!

Izulde
12-08-2006, 06:29 PM
I'm a Cardinal's Guardsman and an excellent sharpshooter, so perhaps I can snipe those dastardly Mouseketeers!

Jonathan Ezarik
12-08-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm a Cardinal's Guardsman and an excellent sharpshooter, so perhaps I can snipe those dastardly Mouseketeers!

Take out Justin and Britney first.

Mr. Wednesday
12-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Looks like Izulde is trying to warn off any would-be duelists. :D

Mr. Wednesday
12-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Dola, too bad bulletsponge isn't playing, he seemed to be really keen on the whole individual showdown feature of the Tombstone game. :)

Blade6119
12-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Does this red make me look fat?

Alan T
12-08-2006, 08:03 PM

Out of curiosity, why would you come out and admit this if this is true?

I can see these possibilities:

1) You are telling the truth and are an excellent sharpshooter, and have now made any bad guys think twice about coming after you thus removing a possibility of getting a bad guy in the game through your strength.

2) You are bluffing about it and are just trying to keep would be duelists away, however that makes little sense to me as you can turn down a duel if you are weak in dueling thus leading others to thinking you are just bluffing.

I guess I don't understand where the benefit in this statement for you was is all.

Blade6119
12-08-2006, 08:12 PM
His accuracy doesnt mean a thing if hes slow, noting...

Tyrith
12-08-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm a cardinal guard. Or whatever we are. I'm kinda tired. Part of me is tempted to dump the first vote into hoops, but while he might find it a bit funny, I think there's too much of a chance of it getting me killed to do it.

st.cronin
12-08-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm a cardinal guard. Or whatever we are. I'm kinda tired. Part of me is tempted to dump the first vote into hoops, but while he might find it a bit funny, I think there's too much of a chance of it getting me killed to do it.

I would find it funny, too.

Tyrith
12-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Screw it. Light me up, but this is for HUMOR VALUE, and it's just as good as a random vote.

VOTE HOOPSGUY

st.cronin
12-08-2006, 09:05 PM
very suspicious, Tyrith

vote Tyrith

st.cronin
j/k

unvote Tyrith

st.cronin
d'oh!

unvote Tyrith

Blade6119
12-08-2006, 09:19 PM
I do believe their called the 3 muskateers for a reason...and its not becuase there are 4 of them :p

Blade6119
12-08-2006, 09:22 PM
VOTE CRONIN

Much love holmes

Pun intended

ya, im done

dubb93
12-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Loyal Cardinals guard checking in. I am however taking bets, I think the first WW duel will in some way involve Blade.

Blade6119
12-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Loyal Cardinals guard checking in. I am however taking bets, I think the first WW duel will in some way involve Blade.

If you want to duel me, bring it hard and fast...im not afriad of a duel, im far more afraid of being night killed with what i bring to the table. But dueling, i have little worry about those outcomes

Jonathan Ezarik
12-08-2006, 10:03 PM
If you want to duel me, bring it hard and fast...

I didn't know there were prostitutes in this game, too. :)

Blade6119
12-08-2006, 10:08 PM
If he wants to deul me there will be a raping, and he will pay dearly for trying...so in that sense, im a hooker, yes :)

Tyrith
12-08-2006, 10:13 PM
MINOR PENALTY, 6119 RED, TWO MINUTES, HOOKING

ntndeacon
12-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Just be careful where you put the stick Tyrith.

dubb93
12-08-2006, 10:57 PM
be careful what you wish for Blade.

Blade6119
12-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Dubb, you have already made up your mind one way or another...sorry your sour about last game, but nothing i say is going to sway you from challenging me or not. So me "wishing" for or against your actions will matter little i suspect. I just hope you accept the consequences of your actions if you chose to go down that path.

dubb93
12-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Dubb, you have already made up your mind one way or another...sorry your sour about last game, but nothing i say is going to sway you from challenging me or not. So me "wishing" for or against your actions will matter little i suspect. I just hope you accept the consequences of your actions if you chose to go down that path.

I'm sour about nothing Blade actually. I fully stated my feeling in that thread, and to tell you the truth would like to leave them there and move onto this game.

Blade6119
12-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Sounds good to me dubby, lets have some fun

dubb93
12-09-2006, 12:47 AM
However that does not change the fact that I would so own you in a duel. I mean, you seriously have no clue about this Blade.

Blade6119
12-09-2006, 01:07 AM
However that does not change the fact that I would so own you in a duel. I mean, you seriously have no clue about this Blade.
Unless raiders intervenes and shoots you while you charge at me :p

Izulde
12-09-2006, 01:19 AM
I rolled a d21 on an online dice thing and it came up 15, so...

VOTE COFFEE WARLORD

Abe Sargent
12-09-2006, 03:13 AM
Just logged on after everybody left. We had thirteen people at my place this year for my BDay - it gets bigger every year and has become the central annual event for our group. Only time you can expect to get everybody out and happy at the same time.

I caught up, doesn;t seem like much movement. I'll wait for a bit before castinbg my vote as I have no where to go.

-Anxiety

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 04:11 AM
My turn to check in.

I would say I am a Cardinal guard, but I don't want anyone to think I am just cliche.

I figure it will be no more than a day before dubb and DaddyTorgo try to kill me. :)

Alan T
12-09-2006, 08:24 AM
My turn to check in.

I would say I am a Cardinal guard, but I don't want anyone to think I am just cliche.

I figure it will be no more than a day before dubb and DaddyTorgo try to kill me. :)

Well saying you're a cardinal guard is better than saying you're a cardinal guard or whatever we are like Tyrith did :)

Coffee Warlord
12-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Well saying you're a cardinal guard is better than saying you're a cardinal guard or whatever we are like Tyrith did :)

Okay, I should NOT have read that sentence right after waking up. :)

Coffee Warlord
12-09-2006, 09:41 AM
By the way, as this is the first game I've played since we got moved, what's with the Dubb / Blade pissing contest?

Alan T
12-09-2006, 10:01 AM
By the way, as this is the first game I've played since we got moved, what's with the Dubb / Blade pissing contest?

My take was that Dubb was just meaning Blade likely would be the center of an early duel due to his getting into heated arguements with endless numbers of people in games, that would end up translating into a possible duel.

I think Blade took Dubb's comment as an attack or slap and responded back as such.

Just my opinion on how I read it though.

Lathum
12-09-2006, 10:42 AM
Cardinal Guard checking in. I was out most of yesterday and didn't get a chance to catch up until this morning.

path12
12-09-2006, 12:32 PM

A difference of opinion on some of the last game's mechanics.

Barkeep49
12-09-2006, 12:45 PM
The answer to any question about a XXX / Blade pissing contest is that it's Blade we're talking about. If he didn't ahve at least current pissing contest, it would be disappointing :D

Barkeep49
12-09-2006, 12:47 PM
So, to get us back on game track, I find it interesting that we have four claims of skill. In a field of 21 this suggests that the level of skill might be higher than expected.

That said, I think it's likely that the 3 musketeers would have good sword fighting. Since dubb seems so confident in his ability to swordfight, I'll go ahead and suggest that could be a sinister sign and I'll

Vote dubb

ntndeacon
12-09-2006, 01:32 PM
I am wondering if there is a forth muskateer. wasn't therean apprentice muskateer in that story?

Coffee Warlord
12-09-2006, 01:35 PM
I am wondering if there is a forth muskateer. wasn't therean apprentice muskateer in that story?

I'm pretty sure that's a different story. But....21 players, 3-4 is a reasonable guess.

Barkeep49
12-09-2006, 01:37 PM
I think the idea of an apprentice musketeer is a good one and one that ought not be ruled out.

Mr. Wednesday
12-09-2006, 01:50 PM

Strictly speaking, the first one-on-one showdown occurred in the Tombstone game. bulletsponge killed someone, but I don't remember who it was; it wasn't a fair fight as one who was killed didn't have a gun.

DaddyTorgo
12-09-2006, 01:51 PM
My turn to check in.

dammit chief. i told you, no hard feelings and we weren't complaining. it was constructive criticism, nothing more. and for all our whining about the balance, the writeups and the atmosphere and everything was awesome. i don't regret playing for a second. relax bub.

Jonathan Ezarik
12-09-2006, 01:54 PM
That said, I think it's likely that the 3 musketeers would have good sword fighting. Since dubb seems so confident in his ability to swordfight, I'll go ahead and suggest that could be a sinister sign and I'll

I'm leaning this way, too. And Chief Rum not coming out and admitting to being in the Guard seems odd as well.

Barkeep49
12-09-2006, 01:57 PM
I think you have a much different dynamic for duels in this game than in Tombstone, since both parties have to agree to make the duel work here. The whole "it takes two to tango" should make duels more prevelent, I think, than they were there.

dubb93
12-09-2006, 02:26 PM
So, to get us back on game track, I find it interesting that we have four claims of skill. In a field of 21 this suggests that the level of skill might be higher than expected.

Vote dubb

And you would be wrong barkeep, however if you would like to tell us you have no formal sword fighting experience, you just did a damn good job of it.

Barkeep49
12-09-2006, 02:29 PM
And you would be wrong barkeep, however if you would like to tell us you have no formal sword fighting experience, you just did a damn good job of it.
Frankly I'm not sure how you get the idea that I have no formal sword fighting experience from my message. Only makes me more pleased in my vote.

dubb93
12-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Frankly I'm not sure how you get the idea that I have no formal sword fighting experience from my message. Only makes me more pleased in my vote.

OK, so you are voting me because I'm confident I could out duel blade, and then you are now claiming that you are a master sword fighter?

VOTE BARKEEP49

Barkeep49
12-09-2006, 02:35 PM
OK, so you are voting me because I'm confident I could out duel blade, and then you are now claiming that you are a master sword fighter?

VOTE BARKEEP49
I have claimed NOTHING in the two posts you have quoted. Why are you so willfully distorting what is right there? I don't understand it.

Give me a specific phrase in either post that points to the idea that:
A. I'm a master sword fighter
or
B. I have no formal sword fighting experience

C'mon dubb. Pony up. Where's the specifics?

Poli
12-09-2006, 02:37 PM
I'm posting here because I saw my boy dubb.

Alan T
12-09-2006, 02:38 PM
So far to me it seems like Dubbs is trying to gode people into fights. First the comment to blade, which while i would agree with is more than enough to get Blade going, and now I think I see Barkeep's side that I didn't really see barkeep claiming anything about himself but moreso finding what Dubb was claiming to be interesting.

Coffee Warlord
12-09-2006, 02:39 PM
People are getting awfully defensive on the first day.

Blade6119
12-09-2006, 02:40 PM
The answer to any question about a XXX / Blade pissing contest is that it's Blade we're talking about. If he didn't ahve at least current pissing contest, it would be disappointing :D

I actually didnt take dubbs comment as an attack, more of a spilling over of his anger from dying last game. He said that is not the case, and we moved along. I like dubby, if you read the last game you know that

Alan T
12-09-2006, 02:41 PM
People are getting awfully defensive on the first day.

It's WW :)

Lathum
Maybe I am wrong but should we really be in a hurry to have a duel when all that would probably do is help the musketeers?

Blade6119
I think you have a much different dynamic for duels in this game than in Tombstone, since both parties have to agree to make the duel work here. The whole "it takes two to tango" should make duels more prevelent, I think, than they were there.

Both parties do not have to agree to deul, there are times when 2 people are forced to regardless of what either wants..just noting

Barkeep49
12-09-2006, 02:44 PM
I actually didnt take dubbs comment as an attack, more of a spilling over of his anger from dying last game. He said that is not the case, and we moved along. I like dubby, if you read the last game you know that
I do know that. I like dubb too and he seems to have decided to pick a fight with me this game.

I agree with CW's idea that he seems to be trying to get someone to duel with him. I wonder why. He could always initiate the duel, but he hasn't. So maybe he can't initiate a duel. And if he can't, why can't he? I'm still mulling over some possible reasons that someone could be barred from initiating a duel, but would want to do one anyway.

The two thoughts I have so far are:
1. Some power gets triggered when he wins a duel. I'm thinking that perhaps he's the apprentice musketeer and could become a full fledged musketeer if he shows his prowess by winning a duel?

2. He simply is the duelest in the game, both sword fighting and guns, and as a balance mechanism he can't initiate a duel.

As I type this post a third thought occurs. Perhaps he's actually a crappy swordfighter but an unbelievable shot. Doesn't change the analysis here (as why doesn't he simply initiate the duel).

Alan T
12-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Both parties do not have to agree to deul, there are times when 2 people are forced to regardless of what either wants..just noting

Maybe I am missing your point, but the rules say that a person has the right to refuse a challenge to a duel. Unless there is a mechanism I am unaware of in play that is not listed in the rules.

Blade6119
If anyones comments have gotten on my nerves this game, its been barkeep...dubb and i just like competing, so we always threaten and bragg to each other.

Barkeep49
True. I didn't state this well in my initial post, but I think someone would be more willing to issue a dueling challenge since there is less responsibility should the person be killed and turned up a guard. "If he was good he should never have accepted my challenge" seems like a reasonable defense.

Alan T
12-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Maybe I am missing your point, but the rules say that a person has the right to refuse a challenge to a duel. Unless there is a mechanism I am unaware of in play that is not listed in the rules.

I think I misunderstood your point. You were saying the same thing I just did. I just misread what you said I think. nevermind! :)

Barkeep49
12-09-2006, 02:47 PM
If anyones comments have gotten on my nerves this game, its been barkeep...dubb and i just like competing, so we always threaten and bragg to each other.
No offense was intended with 119. My apologies if I was offensive.

Blade6119
12-09-2006, 02:48 PM

Here is what im referring to:

Votes are caste each day to lynch. A majority must be reached in order to execute a consensus lynch. If a majority is not reached, then the top two vote recipients will duel to 3rd Blood (death). If there is a tie in votes for the top two vote recipients, the GM will determine the tie breaker and who will duel

Alan T
12-09-2006, 02:48 PM
dola, my last message was to blade, not myself. I'm not psycho and talking to myself...

Alan T
12-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Here is what im referring to:

Oh, I didn't misread you.. you're right I missed that part of the rules. Ok, gotcha

Poli
12-09-2006, 02:50 PM
dola, my last message was to blade, not myself. I'm not psycho and talking to myself...
I am.

Alan T
12-09-2006, 02:54 PM
I am.

:D

Blade6119
12-09-2006, 02:54 PM
I am.

No wonder your offense cant keep up with my D

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 02:57 PM
dammit chief. i told you, no hard feelings and we weren't complaining. it was constructive criticism, nothing more. and for all our whining about the balance, the writeups and the atmosphere and everything was awesome. i don't regret playing for a second. relax bub.

Relax? Dude, I'm totally chill. It's just a joke. It sounds like you need to relax, actually. I'm sorry if it's not a joking matter with you, and I will lay off it. Poor decision on my part. Sorry for being a tool.

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm leaning this way, too. And Chief Rum not coming out and admitting to being in the Guard seems odd as well.

Technically, I did. I just didn't want to say it because it was soooo cliche. ;)

Poli
12-09-2006, 03:03 PM
No wonder your offense cant keep up with my D
We beat you in spring practice every year.

dubb93
12-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Two quick things...

ARDENT!!!!!!!!! Whats up bro? Haven't talked to you in a while, give me a call sometime.

And Barkeep, you are so over analyzing this crap it is pathetic. If I wanted to kill you I would challenge you to a duel. Nothing restricts my ability to do so. I am a Cardinals Guard, not a blasted musketeer.

Barkeep49
12-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Two quick things...

ARDENT!!!!!!!!! Whats up bro? Haven't talked to you in a while, give me a call sometime.

And Barkeep, you are so over analyzing this crap it is pathetic. If I wanted to kill you I would challenge you to a duel. Nothing restricts my ability to do so. I am a Cardinals Guard, not a blasted musketeer.
Well what good is WW if one can't over analyize :). I'm still waiting, however, for any kind of proof of the two claims you made. I really hope others join me in voting against dubb as his behavior has been quite suspicious and given what we know seems to be more than enough for a day 1 lynch, imo.

Alan T
12-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Well what good is WW if one can't over analyize :). I'm still waiting, however, for any kind of proof of the two claims you made. I really hope others join me in voting against dubb as his behavior has been quite suspicious and given what we know seems to be more than enough for a day 1 lynch, imo.

Im not going to vote him just yet for that reason alone, but I do want to ask him the same question I asked of Izulde earlier...

If you are a good guy and have great skill with your weapon, and your biggest benefit to your team is getting a bad guy to duel you.. what benefit is there in coming out and saying right at the start you have great skill and causing them to shy away from you?

dubb93
12-09-2006, 03:15 PM

"Spoken like a true Musketeer, Barkeep. Your game has gone on long enough, prepare for your death. I challenge you to a duel."

:drops glove:

"What say ye?"

Poli
12-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Word.

Barkeep49
12-09-2006, 03:25 PM
"Spoken like a true Musketeer, Barkeep. Your game has gone on long enough, prepare for your death. I challenge you to a duel."

:drops glove:

"What say ye?"
Well at least this proves that you can challenge people. Glad to get that out of the way.

I'll answer your request for a duel when you give some justification for claiming I said what I did not say.

Lathum
12-09-2006, 03:28 PM
vote dubb

Barkeep49
12-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Question for Gram: Does fighting to the third blood mean that someone dies if they lose a duel? Presumably a gunshot would be fatal, but are swordfights guarenteed to be the same?

dubb93
12-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Well at least this proves that you can challenge people. Glad to get that out of the way.

I'll answer your request for a duel when you give some justification for claiming I said what I did not say.

Coward!

I'm still waiting, however, for any kind of proof of the two claims you made. I really hope others join me in voting against dubb as his behavior has been quite suspicious and given what we know seems to be more than enough for a day 1 lynch, imo.

An attempted bandwagon on day 1 barkeep? You should know better. You have no evidence against me, other than knowing I'm not one of your precious musketeers.

Why did I say what I did? You vote me b/c I claim to be good at dueling? You say this must be a mark of a musketeer? This means you are either a( a musketeer trying to stir the pot or b( a real crappy skilled Cardinals guard.

I call you on it and you claim that you never said such a thing. However, I still maintain, if you are voting me based solely on my professed skill, it must be jealousy or a musketeer ploy. To that end, if you are a Cardinals Guard, you obviously have no skill in fighting. Otherwise you would not have voted me.

After thinking, I'm more confident you are in fact a musketeer that was trying to stir the pot up against me and hope for a day 1 bandwagon on me. However I have called your bluff Barkeep.

dubb93
12-09-2006, 03:36 PM
vote dubb

Ahhhh....great reasons you give for this vote Lathum. Thats some good sleuthing.

Barkeep49
12-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Thank you for finally explaining how you got the claims I never said. You cannot make inferences and accept them as fact.

I, for instance, think that the musketeers will be good sword fighters. You claim to be a good sword fighter. Therefore, I decided that I would vote for you on Day 1. I mean everyone has to vote for somebody on Day 1 and that seemed like as good of a reason as any. However, your reaction to this has been, I feel, completely disproportiante.

ntndeacon
12-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Just to go random.
Vote BrianD

dubb93
12-09-2006, 03:40 PM
However, your reaction to this has been, I feel, completely disproportiante.

What can I say, I'm starting to get my feel for the game back. As the great Schmidty once said, no matter what anyone says about him or Blade, I will always be more defensive them either one of them.

Barkeep49
12-09-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm sad dubb has challenged me. I feel backed into a corner:

1. On the one hand I think it's more likely than not that he could be better than I at sword fighting. Knowing I am a Cardinal's Guard if I get killed, that seems bad for my team.

2. I seem like a complete and utter wuss, however, if I decline his invitation.

3. If he is a musketeer, which I'm hardly convinced of, but do feel better (at this point) about it as a D1 vote than most D1 votes, than I'm doing my team a disservice by not accepting the challenge.
Hoops, Lathum, I see you in the thread. What do you two think?

Alan T
12-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Just to go random.
Vote BrianD

Heh, I was going to vote him for not checking in but was giving him more time.

Right now, I probably will just vote for Dubb for completely ignoring my question. Izulde never responded to it either, but I would have to go back and check if Izulde has been around since I asked. I do not recall.

hoopsguy
12-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Barkeep, the problem with this line of thought is that if we do have good sword fighters among the Guard why would we want to vote for them on Day 1 instead of keep them around to potentially engage in a duel against an enemy - thus allowing us the potential to bag two bad guys in a day at some stage?

You think he is a bad guy and have illustrated the point. I think, up to this point, I can see your argument. But I would expect the better course of action is to call upon our "seer" role (assuming it is in this one, like just about every other WW game) to take a peek at him in the near future.

By taking the course you have you are setting up a confrontation. I have no idea if that is good or bad for the Guard cause but we don't have any real information on Day 1 so I would expect the chances for "villager/villager" to be higher today than at any point in the game.

dubb93
12-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Barkeep, the ball is in your court...

UNVOTE BARKEEP

VOTE LATHUM

No one votes me and gives no reason.

dubb93
12-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Alan, I think you will see why I've got my skills out in the public. I'm working my way through a progression here. I feel confident that Blade and Barkeep were mistakes after listening to them. Now I've moved on to someone else.

Poli
12-09-2006, 03:43 PM
I need popcorn and soda.

dubb93
12-09-2006, 03:44 PM
I highly recommend you reject that challenge Barkeep. I'm getting some conversation going on day 1. That is what I want to do.

Barkeep49
12-09-2006, 03:45 PM
What can I say, I'm starting to get my feel for the game back. As the great Schmidty once said, no matter what anyone says about him or Blade, I will always be more defensive them either one of them.
Sorry. I think schmidty is still the ultimate defensive player. I can't take that away from him :D

Alan T
12-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Alan, I think you will see why I've got my skills out in the public. I'm working my way through a progression here. I feel confident that Blade and Barkeep were mistakes after listening to them. Now I've moved on to someone else.

So you are saying you are trying to use your ability or alleged ability to bully others into talking?

DaddyTorgo
12-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Relax? Dude, I'm totally chill. It's just a joke. It sounds like you need to relax, actually. I'm sorry if it's not a joking matter with you, and I will lay off it. Poor decision on my part. Sorry for being a tool.

i got that you were joking dude. sorry my sense of humor doesn't always come off the best over the interweb.

:D:D:D

st.cronin
12-09-2006, 04:12 PM
vote SnDvls

He's the closest I've got to a nemesis - always on the opposite side from me, it seems.

I'm going to stay away from the dubb piss-fest.

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 04:15 PM
i got that you were joking dude. sorry my sense of humor doesn't always come off the best over the interweb.

:D:D:D

lol...I think we're both tools. :) That's cool, I totally took you serious and was stunned.

Alan T
12-09-2006, 04:21 PM
I don't know what to make of some people's actions so far on day 1.

For now I'll

Vote izulde

for not responding to my question earlier on.

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 04:26 PM
All right, when dubb threw down the glove, I had the instant reaction that Lathum did, saying that was way too fast and he should be out of here.

That said, I am mindful of the fact we usually end up killing good guys on Day One based on house of card reasoning. I don't know that it is so wise for dubb to play it this way, even to get conversation going, because it puts a target on him. That is a very un-bad-guy-like move on Day One (too forward), but also a very bad guy move for the savvy vet who wants to try to establish his own trust on the basis of that logic. And from what I understand, dubb is a savvy vet (albeit one who predates my time in the game).

I am actually resigned to the fact we will end up killing a Cardinal guard today. So I figure it might be a good idea to pick two candidates (but not dubb...yet), two players who aren't saying much or nothing at all, so we remove someone less active, and get less than a majority on them. That way we see a duel and get a handle on the ability of at least one person (whoever lives).

Odds we're going to kill a good guy, unfortunately. Maybe we can get some good from it.

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 04:28 PM
An obvious choice for one candidate is BrianD, who is th eonly player to not check in yet, I believe. The other is tougher to say, but if we go strictly on post count right now, we're looking at Fouts, LoneStarGirl and path12.

dubb93
12-09-2006, 04:39 PM
So you are saying you are trying to use your ability or alleged ability to bully others into talking?

Thats exactly what I'm saying.

dubb93
12-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Although we still have had no response from Lathum. Nothing like a guy dropping in, making a vote post with no explanation and leaving.

Blade6119
12-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Although we still have had no response from Lathum. Nothing like a guy dropping in, making a vote post with no explanation and leaving.

The timing of the vote was immediately after one of bk's posts stating reasons against you...i think his vote is an agreement with those reasons... With what was going on at the time, i dont think its really a random vote.

Granted, he should still use reasons...BUT, i think i felt i knew what they were given the context of the situation. Sometimes i have no idea why people make certain votes, and this was not one of them

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 04:46 PM

I agree that that isn't the way he should have gone, and elevates his profile a bit on Day One, but I also think his vote, coming off of your throwdown (next post? post after that? I forget...) didn't need much explanation.

Personally, I think you should pick the glove up.

Blade6119
12-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey, stop trying to move in on my thoughtful analysis chief!

Barkeep49
12-09-2006, 04:51 PM
The timing of the vote was immediately after one of bk's posts stating reasons against you...i think his vote is an agreement with those reasons... With what was going on at the time, i dont think its really a random vote.

Granted, he should still use reasons...BUT, i think i felt i knew what they were given the context of the situation. Sometimes i have no idea why people make certain votes, and this was not one of them

I agree with this. People should always give a reason, so shame on you Lathum. However, I think his reasoning was easy enough to infer given context.

Going off of what Chief has stated: I think killing some the UTR players is not a bad thing. We've had a few games structurally break down because all the quiet people are the only ones left. So getting back the expectation that you need to participate, or else you could easily end up in the noose, would be a good idea.

dubb93
12-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Personally, I think you should pick the glove up.

I have no intention of doing so unless another player crosses me harder or Barkeep moves his vote elsewhere. His vote on me shows me he believe I am a musketeer, which I am not. That is offensive enough in my book for a duel. If he moves his vote, I pick up the glove. If he believes me to be a musketeer, I would like the chance to duel him.

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Hey, stop trying to move in on my thoughtful analysis chief!

I'm like you without the intentional antagonism, and AlanT without the post count. :D

st.cronin
12-09-2006, 04:54 PM
I agree with this. People should always give a reason, so shame on you Lathum. However, I think his reasoning was easy enough to infer given context.

Going off of what Chief has stated: I think killing some the UTR players is not a bad thing. We've had a few games structurally break down because all the quiet people are the only ones left. So getting back the expectation that you need to participate, or else you could easily end up in the noose, would be a good idea.

I definitely am willing to play this game.

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 04:57 PM
I have no intention of doing so unless another player crosses me harder or Barkeep moves his vote elsewhere. His vote on me shows me he believe I am a musketeer, which I am not. That is offensive enough in my book for a duel. If he moves his vote, I pick up the glove. If he believes me to be a musketeer, I would like the chance to duel him.

So are you playing it this way in the spirit of the game? Or are you playing out a mechanic or role definition you have been given? Because if everyone throws down the glove when they get voted, this game will be over in two days.

If you are forced by role or mechanic to throw down the glove over this, then I think that would be an interesting thing for us all to know.

If you are doing it for flavor, well, IMO, that just muddies up the water for us all as we're trying to figure things out. If you're good, making things unclear is bad. If you're bad, doing so, is of course what you want.

This is the sort of thing I am sure will keep the target on you after we get some more information on our roles and from night actions.

Blade6119
12-09-2006, 04:57 PM
I definitely am willing to play this game.

Brian, fouts, lsg, path...those are the 4 low posters in this thread that are playing...not sure who has been quietest since the game actually started, but for the thread those are the 4 with 3 or less posts

Blade6119
12-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Because if everyone throws down the glove when they get voted, this game will be over in two days.

There can only be one duel a day, so thats really not true

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Following up on what I said before (matching two UTR players), I think we should start the focus now. BrianD has a vote already. I have pointed out Fouts, LSG and path as three players with low post counts at this point.

So I will vote for one of them to get the ball rolling on a second candidate (hopefully).

VOTE FOUTS

Why Fouts? Well, we have had a history in past games, so I figure a vote from me on him will probably get his goat and he'll come on here and rip me a new one. If he does, then I'll switch over to one of the others (since they will be less active than that). If he doesn't, then I will truly know Fouts isn't paying attention. ;)

st.cronin
12-09-2006, 05:02 PM
unvote SnDvls
vote LoneStarGirl

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 05:03 PM
There can only be one duel a day, so thats really not true

Hmm, you're right. I missed that. I don't think that removes the basic logic behind my meanderings there, though. Throwing down the glove if you're good only mucks things up at this point. It's a move a bad guy might want to make, but probably wouldn't dare to on Day One. If a good guy does it, it just plain isn't a good idea.

Blade6119
12-09-2006, 05:04 PM
UNVOTE ST. CRONIN

VOTE BRIAND

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 05:05 PM
unvote SnDvls
vote LoneStarGirl

Why LSG? If we focus on more than two UTR players, we could end up with no duel between them at all, or between one of them and one who has already proclaimed their skills (dubb, Izulde, etc.).

Blade6119
12-09-2006, 05:06 PM
Why LSG? If we focus on more than two UTR players, we could end up with no duel between them at all, or between one of them and one who has already proclaimed their skills (dubb, Izulde, etc.).
Well to have a duel we need less the a majority on either...so we need to keep it low. I say we create a tie between the two of them with both having 7 votes...that should do the trick

st.cronin
12-09-2006, 05:09 PM

Fouts and BrianD historically are players I enjoy having around. Not that LSG isn't a good player, but there have been a couple of games where she has been pretty much invisible.

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 05:18 PM
Well to have a duel we need less the a majority on either...so we need to keep it low. I say we create a tie between the two of them with both having 7 votes...that should do the trick

We should be able to do that with two candidates as long as we stay even. We shoulnd't need more than two, but I suppose a third will help mitigate against us accidentally ending up with a majority on one.

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 05:39 PM
New diagnosis: Werewolf Depression

Definition: This happens to the patient when he is rarely available for long stretches, but is at the moment, and no one is around, meaning he refreshes the thread repeatedly hoping for a new post. It is da and pathetic and the prognosis is to shoot the patient in the head, ending his pitiful existence. :)

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 05:40 PM
P.S. "da" == sad.

st.cronin
12-09-2006, 05:49 PM
New diagnosis: Werewolf Depression

Definition: This happens to the patient when he is rarely available for long stretches, but is at the moment, and no one is around, meaning he refreshes the thread repeatedly hoping for a new post. It is da and pathetic and the prognosis is to shoot the patient in the head, ending his pitiful existence. :)

Are you suggesting we vote for you?

path12
12-09-2006, 05:52 PM

So if I'm understanding this correctly, because you know that you're a guard and you're badass skilled, you plan to challenge to a duel anyone who votes for you?

Interesting strategy.

path12
12-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Brian, fouts, lsg, path...those are the 4 low posters in this thread that are playing...not sure who has been quietest since the game actually started, but for the thread those are the 4 with 3 or less posts

You know I normally stay away from the pregame chat and day 1 follies. I also think it's somewhat unfair to use the post-count strategy over a weekend.

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Are you suggesting we vote for you?

If you want the game to be quiet and die off, yes, go ahead. If you want to keep good, active players around, vote for someone else. ;)

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 05:57 PM
You know I normally stay away from the pregame chat and day 1 follies. I also think it's somewhat unfair to use the post-count strategy over a weekend.

What option do we have, though? The game is starting on a weekend, for better or worse, and our sources of information so early in this game are very limited. Particpation can really only be measured by post count or by a subjective measure of the content in the few posts. Or perhaps by past participation in games, but we're not really supposed to do that.

Abe Sargent
12-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Fouts and BrianD historically are players I enjoy having around. Not that LSG isn't a good player, but there have been a couple of games where she has been pretty much invisible.

I don't like this post, I don;t like what it says, I think it's possibly this side outside the lines for me, or maybe just inside the lines for someone else, but its still near the boundary. I don;t have any idea about the current he said/he said" issues going on in the thread, so until I get a better candidate, and frankly I may not with this post, I will

Vote st. cronin

-Anxiety

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't like this post, I don;t like what it says, I think it's possibly this side outside the lines for me, or maybe just inside the lines for someone else, but its still near the boundary. I don;t have any idea about the current he said/he said" issues going on in the thread, so until I get a better candidate, and frankly I may not with this post, I will

Vote st. cronin

-Anxiety

I think you may have had some typo/word choice problems there, although the gist comes through. Are you saying you're voting for cronin because you don't like that he has brought OOG reasons to play, specifically his opinions of the play of those players in past games?

Grammaticus
12-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Question for Gram: Does fighting to the third blood mean that someone dies if they lose a duel? Presumably a gunshot would be fatal, but are swordfights guarenteed to be the same?

Yes, all duels are to 3rd blood, meaning the loser dies. The winner cannot grant mercy.

DaddyTorgo
12-09-2006, 06:25 PM
plenty of time to manuever this still so i'm not going to go and cast a vote now. especially as i will be around after 2pm EST tomorrow for most/all the afternoon hopefully (circumstances willing). that said, I am all for seeing a duel, to establish trust in one player (do we even know if an evil player would be revealed in a duel though?).

st.cronin
12-09-2006, 06:32 PM
(do we even know if an evil player would be revealed in a duel though?).

I doubt it, and I don't think that was the idea. I think the idea was that we will have some idea of who is a good duelist.

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 06:37 PM
I doubt it, and I don't think that was the idea. I think the idea was that we will have some idea of who is a good duelist.

The rules state faction and role is revealed on death, so we will learn who is good or bad, and what role they have, if any. It doesn't say we will learn abilites, unfortunately, but we will get at least some relational information that could happen (Player X is better than Player Y at firearms or at fencing or however it comes out).

That could help immensely down the road in making challenges. In fact, it might even help good more to be a little hazardous in the early going with challenges, and to be sure we never have a clear majority on our votes.

We should only vote clear majority if we are absolutely certain we have a baddie.

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 06:38 PM

Oh, I see what DT is getting at. st. cronin is right, the survivor we don't learn anything for sure except for that his abilities were likely greater than his opponents. But that still has value.

Alan T
12-09-2006, 06:49 PM
UNVOTE Izulde
Vote BrianD

As I have been in favor of quiet person voting in many past games, I am this game as well. Of course this is nothing personal to BrianD, but he's the last man in.

For the record, I still really don't get Izulde and Dubb's move's to come out and just throw away one of the only benefits we get on day 1 unprovoked.

I also really don't think I like Dubb's bullying approach if he even is telling the truth. Both of these are things that can be talked about more as we get to day 2, 3, etc. I right now almost voted for Dubb just to state my disagreement with his approach, and if he wanted to throw down a glove at me, so be it.. but I think I don't like that approach very much right now.

I know the game started on a weekend, but I'll stay with BrianD for now.. however if Izulde doesn't respond to my question any time soon, he'll be next for me..

Alan T
12-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Dola,

And I also considered voting for Fouts, but decided my reason would be too out of gamish for my tastes. I debated even giving my reasons, but decided I would anyways. THe fact Fouts has been posting in another WW game and not this one speaks to me that he is deliberately staying under the radar on day 1.

I chose to not vote for him because thats a bit too OOG for my liking, and decided to stick with BrianD for the reasons I stated last post as well as earlier in the day when he was first voted.

Abe Sargent
12-09-2006, 08:02 PM
I think you may have had some typo/word choice problems there, although the gist comes through. Are you saying you're voting for cronin because you don't like that he has brought OOG reasons to play, specifically his opinions of the play of those players in past games?

Yup, that's exactly what I'm saying.

path12
12-09-2006, 08:29 PM
What option do we have, though? The game is starting on a weekend, for better or worse, and our sources of information so early in this game are very limited. Particpation can really only be measured by post count or by a subjective measure of the content in the few posts. Or perhaps by past participation in games, but we're not really supposed to do that.

Post count, in my opinion, is best utilized after the first couple of days. Plenty of people like to get a few reads before diving in. If it's day 3 and you've only got 20 posts, then yeah, that's a problem, but I don't think it's a wise system on day 1, with the one exception of not checking in at all. I've got no problem with voting that.

Jonathan Ezarik
12-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Who are the two we've decided on? BrianD and Fouts? Or is it still up for debate?

I have to say that I'm very concerned with how dubb's playing things. If he's going to challenge everyone who votes for him, I don't see how that helps us. Especially if he's as good a swordsman as he claims. By doing so, he's ensuring to kill us lesser skilled guards and doing the work of the musketeers just to salvage his honor.

Alan T
12-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Post count, in my opinion, is best utilized after the first couple of days. Plenty of people like to get a few reads before diving in. If it's day 3 and you've only got 20 posts, then yeah, that's a problem, but I don't think it's a wise system on day 1, with the one exception of not checking in at all. I've got no problem with voting that.

I disagree with a small disclaimer. I think looking at postcount alone is not an always telling stat, as sometimes someone can have alot of meaningless posts but still have a higher post count than someone who has fewer posts but contribute meaningful analysis.

My typical early game strategy is to go after people who do not contribute much to the conversation (quality wise, not necessarily quantity wise). Could that person become more involved later in the game? perhaps.. but also perhaps not. There is a very distinct difference between not checking in at all, or just saying I'm here and at least interacting and contributing to the conversation.

My point is that I know most of us know very little.. but we won't learn anything if we don't interact. If everyone chose to not say much until day 3 or 4, the first few days would be rather dull and boring. In the end day 1 is usually all about luck, but I would rather risk being lucky and going after someone who isn't contributing so far than risk being lucky and eliminating someone who might be a vital part of our good guy discussion later.

Its nothing personal, and people don't show up till late on day 1 for all kinds of reasons.. RL stuff, the day it happens to start on, whatever. Just someone has to die is all, and I would rather us reward those contributing to the conversation than punish those contributing to the conversation.

Alan T
12-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Who are the two we've decided on? BrianD and Fouts? Or is it still up for debate?

I have to say that I'm very concerned with how dubb's playing things. If he's going to challenge everyone who votes for him, I don't see how that helps us. Especially if he's as good a swordsman as he claims. By doing so, he's ensuring to kill us lesser skilled guards and doing the work of the musketeers just to salvage his honor.

Deadline isnt for 24 hours. I say vote who you think is most wolfish right now and give your reasons. if everyone piles on and says "sounds good" then we don't learn much about people's point of view.

There will be plenty of time tommorrow for vote maneuvering if people feel we should

Chief Rum
12-09-2006, 09:11 PM

I think that's logically true, but not realistic. You may be right that it is best not to use post counts so early, but we don't have much else. We have very little to go on, but we have to have a lynch/duel at the end of this day. So we go with what we have at the time, because our hands are forced. And if you want to avoid being the target of that, you need to do some posting and make yourself less UTR.

Fortunately for you, you are posting now and I don't think it's likely at all that we would focus on you over Fouts or LSG as an UTR target to pair with BrianD.

Blade6119
12-09-2006, 09:12 PM

Cronin, i dont think anyone else took it this way, but be careful you dont come across like you dont want us to lynch one of those two. I highly doubt all 3 of you are wolves, but if one of them is this post looks really bad. Just saying, i saw this post and red flags went up. I dont think it is what it could be, but im just giving you a heads up on being careful as someone else might take it and run with it. It could very easily be interpreted that you and brian are muskateers and this is your subtle way of pushing it in a different direction. Be careful my friend :)

st.cronin
12-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Cronin, i dont think anyone else took it this way, but be careful you dont come across like you dont want us to lynch one of those two. I highly doubt all 3 of you are wolves, but if one of them is this post looks really bad. Just saying, i saw this post and red flags went up. I dont think it is what it could be, but im just giving you a heads up on being careful as someone else might take it and run with it. It could very easily be interpreted that you and brian are muskateers and this is your subtle way of pushing it in a different direction. Be careful my friend :)

This is day 1. There are (usually) no good reasons to vote for somebody on day 1. Likewise, there are usually no good reasons NOT to vote for somebody. Expect my arguments to look very different day 2 and on - in most games, I do about a 180 on day 2.

Blade6119
12-09-2006, 09:20 PM
This is day 1. There are (usually) no good reasons to vote for somebody on day 1. Likewise, there are usually no good reasons NOT to vote for somebody. Expect my arguments to look very different day 2 and on - in most games, I do about a 180 on day 2.
Im just saying, late in the game if fouts or brian come up bad thats the kind of post people drag up and use to get you lynched...i like you alive, not dead. So do me a favor and dont give them any reason to lynch you...after last game i think they have enough :D

st.cronin
12-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Im just saying, late in the game if fouts or brian come up bad thats the kind of post people drag up and use to get you lynched...i like you alive, not dead. So do me a favor and dont give them any reason to lynch you...after last game i think they have enough :D

*shrug* I'm not worried about getting lynched.

SnDvls
12-09-2006, 09:33 PM
I know I have a day for this still, but I'll be limited tomorrow (Real Life 2nd B-day party for my daughter) so I'll put a vote on one of the two people that has been thrown out there.
Vote BrianD

I will try and check back tomorrow (I will be on in the morning to update my game, but not sure when everyone will leave the house tomorrow to get back on.)

dubb93
12-09-2006, 09:41 PM

I fail to see how setting back and letting myself get killed helps either myself or the guard. What kind of agenda do you have exactly Jon? Are you suggesting I allow myself to be killed?

Jonathan Ezarik
12-09-2006, 10:39 PM
I fail to see how setting back and letting myself get killed helps either myself or the guard. What kind of agenda do you have exactly Jon? Are you suggesting I allow myself to be killed?

I'm not suggesting letting yourself be lynched without stating a case for us not to vote for you. But challenging those that do vote for you and then not removing that challenge when it is asked of you to do so, doesn't help your case.

You also haven't answered Chief's question as to whether this is a mechanism of your role, or if this is just how you intend on playing.

And the only agenda I have is to see the musketeers killed. If you can help us do this, then by all means I want you around. But challenging other members of the guard because of perceived slights isn't helping us achieve our mission.

dubb93
12-09-2006, 11:31 PM
I'm not suggesting letting yourself be lynched without stating a case for us not to vote for you. But challenging those that do vote for you and then not removing that challenge when it is asked of you to do so, doesn't help your case.

You also haven't answered Chief's question as to whether this is a mechanism of your role, or if this is just how you intend on playing.

And the only agenda I have is to see the musketeers killed. If you can help us do this, then by all means I want you around. But challenging other members of the guard because of perceived slights isn't helping us achieve our mission.

Are you vouching for Lathum, Barkeep and Blade? How do you know they are members of the guard? For all we know, I may have an active challenge out to a musketeer.

dubb93
12-09-2006, 11:32 PM

Should I do a role reveal while I'm at it on day 1? Isn't revealing my abilities enough?

dubb93
12-09-2006, 11:34 PM
BTW, Lathum, I see you lurking. You have a vote on me. I want to know why you have voted for me. YOu have not said one thing about the vote. Saying nothing while you are around RIGHT NOW will not look good upon you.

Lathum
12-09-2006, 11:35 PM
OK, my vote for Dubb was anything but Random. I wanted to see his reaction to a random, pile on type vote and he was pretty defensive. That combined with the way he is playing things make me suspicous of him. IT seems he may be trying to establish himself as an important member of the game.

For now I see no reason to unvote him.

Lathum
12-09-2006, 11:36 PM
dola- I was at a party all night. IT is saturday...

Alan T
12-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Should I do a role reveal while I'm at it on day 1? Isn't revealing my abilities enough?

I don't see why doing a role reveal on day 1 is any better than revealing you are good at swordfighting. It seems like its giving away way too much information.

Only reason I would do a role reveal on day 1 is if you are on the line to be lynched if certain type jobs at least. I'm all for conversation on day 1, but I still don't really understand why people have been coming out and just saying "hey bad guys don't fight me because I'll kill you if you do"

I guess if it was my role, I would probably try to identify at some point day 3-5 who I thought a bad guy likely is and try to goad them into a duel of some sort inconspicuously in a way to use it as an additional kill on a possible bad guy of your choosing. Just like a good guy night assassin role or a duke role, you dont know for sure its a bad guy, but you can try to at least narrow down who you think it is.

I just don't understand the benefit of taking that out of play. Its like being a good assassin, and saying so on day 1 so you can be night killed before even using it on a bad guy. Makes little sense to me, maybe its just a different playstyle I guess.

dubb93
12-09-2006, 11:39 PM
OK, my vote for Dubb was anything but Random. I wanted to see his reaction to a random, pile on type vote and he was pretty defensive.

I'm not following. Seems to me like you actually thought a bandwagon was coming and wanted to get an EARLY vote in. The bandwagon never came.

That combined with the way he is playing things make me suspicous of him. IT seems he may be trying to establish himself as an important member of the game.

I am not going to role reveal. I may or may not have important role, but I'm not going to sit idle while you attempt to get me day 1 lynched, I can tell you that.

Mr. Wednesday
12-09-2006, 11:45 PM

She's never going to stop being invisible if we start killing her off on the first day every time she plays.

I realize we aren't in the habit of doing this, I'm just saying that now is not the time to be voting on historical patterns.

Mr. Wednesday
12-09-2006, 11:48 PM
My typical early game strategy is to go after people who do not contribute much to the conversation (quality wise, not necessarily quantity wise).
That's fine after day one, but there ain't no such thing as quality conversation on day one. Nobody knows anything.

Blade6119
12-09-2006, 11:51 PM
That's fine after day one, but there ain't no such thing as quality conversation on day one. Nobody knows anything.

the wolves do

Alan T
12-09-2006, 11:53 PM

I disagree to half of this. I think you -can- have quality day one conversations, even if we don't know much or anything.

In larger games we can talk about all kinds of things.

How is the game setup numberswise do we think?

Do we think its just good vs evil? Are there possibly any neutral or third party roles as we see in some games?

THose who know the theme better can tell us a little about what to expect, such as I already said every story I have ever seen the muskateers were the good guys, the cardinal and his men were the bad, so this game is obviously reverse that, I am intrigued to what else is different from the traditional 3 muskateer stories we all know.

We can talk about certain types of roles that we might see based on the theme, or talk about parts of the rules that are unique to this game.

Some people have tried to do some of this in regards to duels, etc. I think all of that can be meaningful day 1 information. Its the conversations such as that where sometimes we can find people slip up too and give off something they shouldnt know if they were a cardinal guard. We've seen that happen in games before.

Thats why I am far more likely to vote for someone not contibuting than contributing unless someone comes out and out and makes a big blunder on day 1.

st.cronin
12-09-2006, 11:59 PM
She's never going to stop being invisible if we start killing her off on the first day every time she plays.

I realize we aren't in the habit of doing this, I'm just saying that now is not the time to be voting on historical patterns.

I realize it's a bad reason to vote for somebody. On day 1, it's the best I have.

Jonathan Ezarik
12-10-2006, 12:24 AM
Are you vouching for Lathum, Barkeep and Blade? How do you know they are members of the guard? For all we know, I may have an active challenge out to a musketeer.

Do you think one of the musketeers would be goading you into a challenge on the first day?

I can't vouch for any of those three. Unlike you, I'm just a regular member of the guard and have no other information. While you haven't revealed your role, you have already let the wolves know you're a valuable member of our side. Assuming you're good, of course.

Jonathan Ezarik
12-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Technically, I did. I just didn't want to say it because it was soooo cliche. ;)

Technically, you didn't claim to be in the guard. This is what you said:

Saying, "I would, but," is a way to skirt around the claim.

Maybe I'm just splitting hairs here, but that's how I see it.

dubb93
12-10-2006, 12:43 AM
Do you think one of the musketeers would be goading you into a challenge on the first day?

I can't vouch for any of those three. Unlike you, I'm just a regular member of the guard and have no other information. While you haven't revealed your role, you have already let the wolves know you're a valuable member of our side. Assuming you're good, of course.

You are obviously mistaking important with has strong attributes. Important are the bodyguards and seers, I'm just a dumb brute.

Do I think a bad guy would goad me into it? IDK, but I can say that neither Lathum or Blade have goaded me into anything. Barkeep hinted that he wanted to, but still has his vote on me. So if he wants to fight about it, the ball is in his court.

Chief Rum
12-10-2006, 03:12 AM
Technically, you didn't claim to be in the guard. This is what you said:

Saying, "I would, but," is a way to skirt around the claim.

Maybe I'm just splitting hairs here, but that's how I see it.

Consider your hairs akimber then. :)

Chief Rum
12-10-2006, 03:22 AM
I may be out all day tomorrow (working), and might not get back by the lynch. My vote is on Fouts right now as an alternative to BrianD. I'm not sure anyone else has voted that way, but I won't likely be available to switch my vote to another candidate. So I hope someone here is subscribing to my theory that we should work to have a duel between two UTR types (whomever the best candidates are).

If Fouts ends up one with BrianD, then so be it. But if it's LSG or someone else entirely, I recommend we just make sure we have a duel, so we can start to get a read on people's skills.

Chief Rum
12-10-2006, 03:30 AM
I don't have too many people I like, and a bunch of people I have no read on at all, but my thoughts on a few...

dubb93-- I don't want this to go by the wayside as we focus on UTR candidates, but dubb's actions don't help good, IMO, and he remains very suspicious to me.

Jonathon Ezarik-- he seems to be questioning me too hard on the Cardinal guard thing. Why? No one says they're a musketeer (a bad guy, whatever), even the bad guys, and yet there are always bad guys. So what's the big point about actually saying "I am a guard" or not? Ask me once, okay, no big. Ask me a second time, much, much later, seems like an attempt to divert attention from oneself.

hoopsguy-- Why? Well, he hasn't contributed hardly anything and that is rather unhoopslike of him. Could just be the weekend. Or maybe he's hiding something.

Lathum-- drive by votes ain't good, no matter how obvious, no matter the day of the week. We have lynched for less (and this on the Day For Lynching For Less).

BrianD, ntndeacon, Fouts, LSG-- a few of the top UTR candidates at the moment, as I see it.

Take all this FWIW--likely nothing when it all comes out.

Blade6119
12-10-2006, 04:08 AM
I don't have too many people I like

You must be a lonely man...

Serious note, i didnt even know hoops was playing until you brought him up..interesting, but we still have another full day to go. Things will hopefully be more clear in about 12-14 hours

Lathum
12-10-2006, 08:51 AM
*shrug* I'm not worried about getting lynched.

what are you hinting at here?