PDA

View Full Version : Next WW game?

st.cronin
12-10-2006, 11:03 PM
I'll be hosting the next Werewolf Game, sometime after Xmas. This is a non-binding poll presenting some themes I am considering.

DaddyTorgo
12-10-2006, 11:04 PM
poll plz!!

Jonathan Ezarik
12-10-2006, 11:08 PM
What's Dog Soldiers?

st.cronin
12-10-2006, 11:10 PM
What's Dog Soldiers?

A very, very funny movie about a group of soldiers in Scotland hunting/being hunted by werewolves.

Jonathan Ezarik
12-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Cool. I'll have to check that movie out.

DaddyTorgo
12-10-2006, 11:23 PM
predictably i vote for roman senate. but you knew that was coming hmm cronin?

st.cronin
12-10-2006, 11:28 PM
predictably i vote for roman senate. but you knew that was coming hmm cronin?

Heh, that was my first idea, but then somebody said they wanted a WoT game, so I've been thinking about that as well. The other two are more traditional approaches to WW, which I favor.

Jonathan Ezarik
12-10-2006, 11:33 PM
I voted for the Roman senate as well, but all four sound good to me.

DaddyTorgo
12-10-2006, 11:41 PM
Heh, that was my first idea, but then somebody said they wanted a WoT game, so I've been thinking about that as well. The other two are more traditional approaches to WW, which I favor.

like i was just saying in the game thread, i think a fantasy setting would work great.

i was thinking GRRM's ASOIF series because I'm much more familiar with it than Jordan's WoT, but to each their own.

Jonathan Ezarik
12-10-2006, 11:57 PM
i was thinking GRRM's ASOIF series

Yes, please.

Abe Sargent
12-11-2006, 01:01 AM
Just as long as the Wheel of Time game doesn;t take as long to play as it does to read...geez.

st.cronin
12-11-2006, 01:11 AM
Just as long as the Wheel of Time game doesn;t take as long to play as it does to read...geez.

My girlfriend tells me he STILL HASN'T FINISHED IT. :eek:

Alan T
12-11-2006, 06:25 AM
I voted Roman senate too as I dont know much about Dog Soldiers or WoT. I'm easy though I'll play any theme and usually enjoy it :)

Lathum
12-11-2006, 07:09 AM
I voted Transylvania, it seems the simplest and I think at times we are all guilty of trying to re invent the wheel.

Barkeep49
12-11-2006, 08:25 AM
I think some game which combines politics with WW would be quite good. I've never figured out quite how to make it work, but if you have some ideas I'd love to see the Roman Senate game.

st.cronin
12-11-2006, 09:48 AM
I think some game which combines politics with WW would be quite good. I've never figured out quite how to make it work, but if you have some ideas I'd love to see the Roman Senate game.

I would be interested in hearing your ideas.

Barkeep49
12-11-2006, 07:58 PM
I would be interested in hearing your ideas.
I hate to be a jerk here, but if the ideas I came up with for a political game either were incorporated into To Crown a King or are being incorporated into my in development Greek Gods and Goddesses game. But the basic idea is to have an "election" of some sort, through more fluid coalitions than can be found in TCAK. Like I said I could never figure out how to quite make it work on its own which is why I've never done it as a game, despite politics being one of my biggest interests. In my abortive attempts I was going with an "elect a Secretary General of the UN" theme, but the Roman Senate is a much stronger setting for such a game.

path12
12-11-2006, 09:24 PM
I hate to be a jerk here, but if the ideas I came up with for a political game either were incorporated into To Crown a King or are being incorporated into my in development Greek Gods and Goddesses game. But the basic idea is to have an "election" of some sort, through more fluid coalitions than can be found in TCAK. Like I said I could never figure out how to quite make it work on its own which is why I've never done it as a game, despite politics being one of my biggest interests. In my abortive attempts I was going with an "elect a Secretary General of the UN" theme, but the Roman Senate is a much stronger setting for such a game.

The Politburo might be an effective setting also.

Chief Rum
12-11-2006, 10:23 PM

How funny, BK and I were having the same thoughts. I didn't even read this thread until after I had posted some of my ideas in Anxiety's find a theme thread. My idea focuses on Congress.

Grammaticus
12-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Roman Senate, all the way!

st.cronin
12-12-2006, 10:00 PM
I don't think my ideas would step on Barkeep's or anybody else's toes at all. My Roman Senate idea wouldn't be a "political" themed game, but would actually be a traditional werewolf game. The idea is that the Tarquins have just been exiled from Rome, and the Senate newly established. But there are Tarquin loyalists amongst you, plotting to bring back the kings...

Anyway, I'm surprised to see it so one-sided.

Jonathan Ezarik
12-12-2006, 10:06 PM
I take it this game won't start until after the New Year, right?

st.cronin
12-12-2006, 10:10 PM
I take it this game won't start until after the New Year, right?

Probably not.

Barkeep49
12-13-2006, 08:27 AM
And of course if you did come up with some of the same ideas, there's nothing wrong with that.

Raiders Army
12-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Dog Soldiers sounds like a great movie. I really liked Descent, so I might pick it up after Christmas. From what I've heard, though, it doesn't sound funny.

st.cronin
12-17-2006, 10:11 PM
Well, now I'm up. I'm definitely not starting until after Christmas. Is there anybody who would play if we started before New Year's?

Alan T
12-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Well, now I'm up. I'm definitely not starting until after Christmas. Is there anybody who would play if we started before New Year's?

I have all kinds of family visiting the week between Christmas and New Years, so I likely am out for any game unfortunatly until after the new years myself.

Chief Rum
12-17-2006, 10:16 PM

Is your game going to be Roman Senate then? Just wondering.

I am probably around a bit, but I think it would be best to wait until after the new year to get max participation.

st.cronin
12-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Is your game going to be Roman Senate then? Just wondering.

I am probably around a bit, but I think it would be best to wait until after the new year to get max participation.

Probably not, actually. A couple of folks said they were interested in running something similar, so I am probably going in a different direction.

Chief Rum
12-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Probably not, actually. A couple of folks said they were interested in running something similar, so I am probably going in a different direction.

Well, then, maybe a little time would work better for you, unless you already have one drawn up pretty good. I know it took me a lot of time to develop what I did for the JTR game (and even then I messed up balance).

st.cronin
12-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Well, then, maybe a little time would work better for you, unless you already have one drawn up pretty good. I know it took me a lot of time to develop what I did for the JTR game (and even then I messed up balance).

The game is ready, the only changes from one game to another would be cosmetic. The mechanics I had worked out a long time ago.

Chief Rum
12-17-2006, 10:36 PM
The game is ready, the only changes from one game to another would be cosmetic. The mechanics I had worked out a long time ago.

Cool. Well, I would probably play because other than doing Xmas with family on actual Xmas day, I will still be around and working and doing my thing. That probably won't be the case for most others, though. So you'll have to decide if you want to have a smaller complex game, or wait to get bigger numbers after the new year.