PDA

View Full Version : Timing for the next short game?

path12
01-31-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm up on the short game list. My game is going to be very small, 11 players. Just trying to figure out the best timing for starting it. The options would be to try and get it going right away while BK's Survivor game is getting set up, etc; or to wait until a few days into that one for some of the early eliminations to be able to occupy their time while Survivor plays out.

Thoughts?

Alan T
01-31-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm up on the short game list. My game is going to be very small, 11 players. Just trying to figure out the best timing for starting it. The options would be to try and get it going right away while BK's Survivor game is getting set up, etc; or to wait until a few days into that one for some of the early eliminations to be able to occupy their time while Survivor plays out.

Thoughts?

With the super bowl this weekend, not sure how much it would be worth getting a game going for just thur/fri before barkeep's game starts on monday.

I personally think you'll be better off staggering a week after barkeep's game to start, maybe mid next week. By then a good 7-10 people will be dead, plus others who arent playing in his who might be interested.

Plus maybe that will mean yours is still running around the time Barkeep's ends and the next game starts getting setup.

Barkeep49
01-31-2007, 10:56 AM
I agree with Alan. I think having the small games start a little into the larger games is good for both.

Tyrith
01-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Also, the games that have just finished have been pretty taxing. It'd probably be good for everyone if there was a bit of a break before diving back in.

Barkeep49
01-31-2007, 10:58 AM
Also, the games that have just finished have been pretty taxing. It'd probably be good for everyone if there was a bit of a break before diving back in.
Some of us have had more of a break than others.

Alan T
01-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Some of us have had more of a break than others.

I'm done with my break. I'm ready to go :)

path12
01-31-2007, 11:50 AM
Cool, that's along the lines of what I was thinking originally. I'll start a signup mid next week or so. Thanks for the feedback!

Lathum
01-31-2007, 08:01 PM

you're not kidding