PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf XLVI Willy Wonka the game thread!!!! BAD GUYS WIN!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lathum
06-17-2007, 11:04 PM
The day you have been waiting for is here. You have been on pins and needles since you found your golden ticket. You stand outside the giant factory in awe of it's size. Suddenly a door opens and a short man with a cane hobbles out. He clears his throat and speaks loudly and clearly, " Millions, maybe billions of people have wanted this oppritunity and you 15 stand here in front of me. You will spend alot of time in this factory over the next few days and you will see much. There are secrets my main competetor Slugworth would kill for. You have all been sworn to secrecy, however I fear there may be spies among you, maybe even slugworth himself.

There is only one way to find the spies

Each day one of you will be voted off by the others, I fear for your safety at night like I said, my competetors would kill for these secrets. If you succeede in removing all the spies from the factory those remaining will win rewards beyond their imaginations. Should you fail the spies will overrun the factory and all my boss has worked for will be lost.

Don't look so surprised, you didn't think I was Willy Wonka, did you? Look to aroud. One of you is willy wonka. Now enter the factory.

Good Luck.

Rules-
Each day players vote for one person to be removed from the factory, the player with the most votes is branded a spy and removed from the factory. .

Voting deadline is 10:30 PM EST.

All night actions are due by 8:00 AM EST.

Ties will be detirmined by an unknown method

Quoting of PM's is forbidden

Roles will be revealed upon players death/ removal from factory.

Spies must obtain a 1:1 ratio for victory

rules are subject to change in case I overlooked something.

Roles:

Willy Wonka/ Seer- once per night he scans a player to see if they are a spy
oompa loompa lord/ bodyguard- once per night they can guard another player, they can't
guard the same player 2 nights in a row.
Slugworth/ Brutal wolf- if lynched can take another player with him
slugworth sympathizer- if attacked at night converted
Fast talker/ duke- can change the outcome of a lynch vote to their choice
Golden Ticket Winner/ villager

Lathum
06-17-2007, 11:05 PM
1. Hoopsguy- killed night 2- villager
2. Barkeep- lynched day 4- villager
3. St. Cronin- killed day 3 by slugworth- willy wonka
4. Saldana- lynched day 3- slugworth
5. Passacaglia
6. Daddytorgo
7. AlanT
8. Ardent ( I think that was an in)- killed night 1- villegar
9. ChiefRum- lynched day 1- villager
10. Swaggs- killed night 3- villager
11. Mr. Wednesday
12. NTNDeacon- lynched day 2- villager
13. Lonestargirl
14. bulletsponge
15. RenderR

st.cronin
06-18-2007, 01:13 AM
Has the game started? Is there a deadline?

hoopsguy
06-18-2007, 05:39 AM
Golden Ticket Winner/ villager

I'm one of these people.

Looking forward to playing this one after the extended break.

Poli
06-18-2007, 05:46 AM
Not sure how I won a ticket. I can't remember the last time I had a chocolate bar. :)

Passacaglia
06-18-2007, 06:47 AM
I won mine buying a box of everlasting Gobstoppers.

Barkeep49
06-18-2007, 07:07 AM
Daddy won me my ticket. Fortunately I'm just an innocent little boy who is a member of the villager.

Alan T
06-18-2007, 07:08 AM
I'm no spy, just going along for the tour.

Chief Rum
06-18-2007, 07:10 AM
I'm working all day today as usual, so this is a pop in, pop out vote.

I am a common villager.

VOTE LONESTARGIRL

No reason at all. She's almost certainly good, so anyone trying to bandwagon on top of my vote without good reason should be viewed suspiciously.

See you all tonight.

ntndeacon
06-18-2007, 07:23 AM
I have framed my golden ticket. It will look very cool next to the tv. That way I can see both at the same time. To bad the ticket can't be IN the tv. Television rules!

Barkeep49
06-18-2007, 07:50 AM
I'm working all day today as usual, so this is a pop in, pop out vote.

I am a common villager.

VOTE LONESTARGIRL

No reason at all. She's almost certainly good, so anyone trying to bandwagon on top of my vote without good reason should be viewed suspiciously.

See you all tonight.
Picking someone who often goes out first? Seems cruel. I don't like cruel.

Vote Chief Rum

DaddyTorgo
06-18-2007, 08:15 AM
checking in. would have checked in earlier but wasn't in the mood last night TBH. should be around on-and-off during the day today.

Passacaglia
06-18-2007, 08:28 AM
So are these references to characters from the movie reveals, or just color?

Lathum
06-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Day one began with the first post, deadline in 10:30 PM

RendeR
06-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Color me golden baby, that entire case of chocolate bars tasted SOooooGOOoooooooooood....

*thud*

Passacaglia
06-18-2007, 09:43 AM
deadline is Eastern time?

Passacaglia
06-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Never mind, saw it in the first post.

hoopsguy
06-18-2007, 10:01 AM
I believe it has been 25 years since I read this book - haven't seen a movie. So while I vaguely recognize some of these references I'm going to probably need some help if people are being subtle with reveals here as Passacaglia suggested.

I'm hoping that this is just people providing some flavor to their gaming, rather than giving away potentially meaningful info at this point. It hasn't been that long since the last game, right? right?

Swaggs
06-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Checking in.

Very pleased to have won a goldent ticket!

Lathum
06-18-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm hoping that this is just people providing some flavor to their gaming, rather than giving away potentially meaningful info at this point. It hasn't been that long since the last game, right? right?

Except for the charectures listed in the rules/ roles anything is extra flavor, so for example there is no Mike TV, etc...

Passacaglia
06-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Except for the charectures listed in the rules/ roles anything is extra flavor, so for example there is no Mike TV, etc...

Thanks. Sorry I made a big deal out of some minor comments. :)

bulletsponge
06-18-2007, 10:57 AM
checking in, just a normal ticket winner. nothing special about me http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/animals/animal0044.gif

DaddyTorgo
06-18-2007, 11:27 AM
okay. was wondering about that reveal-ish stuff myself...with TV and all, but didn't to ask and come off like a fishing wolf when in reality i'm just a villegar.

(subtle dig at the gm intended, but in good fun)

ntndeacon
06-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Yea iwas just adding color with my tv comments. I had assumed those were the only characters so when Isaw something that looked like a Veruca Falk (I think that is right )reference i decided to do a Mike TV reference. :)

Mr. Wednesday
06-18-2007, 12:03 PM
I got my Golden Ticket on e-bay. :D

(ntn, the character name is Veruca Salt.)

hoopsguy
06-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Yea iwas just adding color with my tv comments. I had assumed those were the only characters so when Isaw something that looked like a Veruca Falk (I think that is right )reference i decided to do a Mike TV reference. :)

This is the one Willy Wonka character I remember, as there is a Chicago based band with this name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veruca_Salt

LoneStarGirl
06-18-2007, 12:21 PM
I am excited about playing in a werewolf game again! Disappointed I am the first person to get a vote though, but I won't seek revenge on Chief just yet

hoopsguy
06-18-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm excited to be visiting the werewolf forum and see the following:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (4 members and 0 guests)

Passacaglia
06-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Weird, I didn't know Veruca Salt was Chicago-based. But I guess I was living in Michigan when I first heard of them.

hoopsguy
06-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Lathum, have a couple of rules questions:

1. Does a sympathizer know that they are a sympathizer?
2. Is there only the one wolf to start the game, or is there a generic wolf role that is not listed in Post #1?

Just trying to figure out the ratio for this game - if there is a single wolf then we could potentially end it on Day 1. If not, then I'm guessing there are a larger number of sympathizers out there.

saldana
06-18-2007, 12:26 PM
another villegar checking in with his golden ticket

how do we play this game again?

hoopsguy
06-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Lathum, can you update Post #1 to include a list of players for this game?

Lathum
06-18-2007, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=hoopsguy;1483098]

2. Is there only the one wolf to start the game, or is there a generic wolf role that is not listed in Post #1?

QUOTE]

1. Can't say
2. More then 1

Lathum
06-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Lathum, can you update Post #1 to include a list of players for this game?

done

hoopsguy
06-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Lathum, have a couple of rules questions:

Just trying to figure out the ratio for this game - if there is a single wolf then we could potentially end it on Day 1. If not, then I'm guessing there are a larger number of sympathizers out there.

[quote]

1. Can't say
2. More then 1

OK, since there is more than one starting wolf then I'm guessing there is a small (likely 1) group of sympathizers who don't know they are sympathetic. No in-game reasons for having that belief, just playing off of what I consider to be the most likely ruleset. And, given the moderator is not Cronin, I think there is a reasonable chance that I'm right :)

If the sympathizers knew they were sympathetic then I would start putting some energy into finding people who are subtly suggesting "night kill me!!!" in their posts. But that feels like wasted effort. So back to figuring out where my near-random Day 1 vote goes.

DaddyTorgo
06-18-2007, 02:20 PM
oooh. multiple people in the thread alert!!

sorry i've been quieter than normal all day. had a lot on my plate here @ the office. And FYI...I likely won't be online until ~7-something PM EST because apparently it's been decided that i'm fat and so i have to walk home from the train, thus doubling the time my commute takes at night (GRRRR).

ntndeacon
06-18-2007, 02:21 PM
I first thought it was Salt instead of Falk for her last name but talked myself out of it.

bulletsponge
06-18-2007, 02:23 PM
ok just reading up. hmm nobody is dead yet

bulletsponge
06-18-2007, 02:24 PM
ok im goina make my vote based on my "Little Red Riding Hood" Theory that states wolves go after the chicks first

Vote Chief Rum

DaddyTorgo
06-18-2007, 03:03 PM
ok im goina make my vote based on my "Little Red Riding Hood" Theory that states wolves go after the chicks first

Vote Chief Rum

I like that theory.

VOTE SALDANA :D

ntndeacon
06-18-2007, 03:21 PM
for no real reason..ie first day gotta vote for someone vote.

Vote Passacaglia

hoopsguy
06-18-2007, 03:48 PM

Vote Chief Rum

I like that theory.

VOTE SALDANA :D

DaddyTorgo, if I read this correctly then you are a wolf going after a chick on Day 1?

VOTE DADDYTORGO

RendeR
06-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Eeeny

Meeeny

Miney.....

VOTE DADDYTORGO

Barkeep49
06-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Wow. It's very tempting to go to DT after he "outed" himself.

Passacaglia
06-18-2007, 04:54 PM
I assume that DT was just joking?

saldana
06-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Wow. It's very tempting to go to DT after he "outed" himself.

obviously you dont know the running gag about me being a chic

saldana
06-18-2007, 05:05 PM
dola, i am tempted to vote DT just for bringing up said joke

saldana
06-18-2007, 05:07 PM
just for the sake of the fact that no one ever does this on day one

vote hoopsguy

Passacaglia
06-18-2007, 05:11 PM
obviously you dont know the running gag about me being a chic

I think he does. The idea is that since you're a chick, and he's voting for you, that means he's a wolf.

saldana
06-18-2007, 05:17 PM
I think he does. The idea is that since you're a chick, and he's voting for you, that means he's a wolf.

which would be true if i were actually a chick:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

bulletsponge
06-18-2007, 05:22 PM
which would be true if i were actually a chick:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

must be that time of the month :rolleyes:

Passacaglia
06-18-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm gonna vote for st.cronin, since he said i was the funniest guy on the board. Who's laughing now, st.cronin?!!?!?!

VOTE ST.CRONIN

Swaggs
06-18-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm heading out to have dinner and drinks with my buddy before he moves away, so I'll randomly vote.

Vote Alan T

saldana
06-18-2007, 05:54 PM
anyone got a count

Poli
06-18-2007, 06:03 PM
VOTE SALDANA

I'm going to vote....saldana. Just to do it.

Poli
06-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Off to softball...later fellas.

saldana
06-18-2007, 06:40 PM
lonestargirl (1)- chief rum
chief rum (1)- barkeep, bulletsponge
saldana (2)- daddytorgo, ardent
passacaglia (1)- ntndeacon
daddytorgo (2)- hoopsguy, render
hoopsguy (1)- saldana
st cronin (1)- passacaglia
alant (1)- swaggs

st.cronin
06-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Vote Chief Rum

I have never read the book, nor seen the movie, so none of this really makes any sense to me. This vote is more or less at random.

saldana
06-18-2007, 06:43 PM
chief rum (3)- barkeep, bulletsponge, st cronin
hoopsguy (1)- saldana
alant (1)- swaggs

updated to fix my math and cronins vote

DaddyTorgo
06-18-2007, 07:00 PM
nah. I just didn't read CR's "theory" well enough and I was like "hey...i can bring up the sal is a chick joke and get a cheap laugh"

i'm not a wolf, alright? I just wanted to tweak sal a little and see if I could get some kind of response that'd tell us something.

LoneStarGirl
06-18-2007, 08:18 PM
I guess I am going to go ahead and vote chief rum because he voted for me. I don't have any reads or feelings on anybody yet. I have a feeling it is going to take me a couple of days to get back in werewolf mode, so bear with me!

vote cheif rum

Alan T
06-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Well its a run on Chief Rum it appears. Looks like no matter who I vote for, it won't change much. I'll vote for either DaddyTorgo or Saldana in order to keep things close.

Barkeep49
06-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Well it seems to me that we're between CR and DT. I am, at this point, leaning towards switching my vote though.

DaddyTorgo
06-18-2007, 08:55 PM
*shrug* go ahead. Vote for me. At least we'll just be losing a plain golden-ticket holder and nothing special.

That'll teach me to try to make jokes in WW. The point of the whole thing wasn't "i'm a wolf so i'm going to vote for sal cuz he's a girl." the point was "CR talked about voting for girls...sal's a girl i'm going to vote for her."

(and yes I know sal's a guy. That's where the joke comes in).

Lathum
06-18-2007, 09:04 PM
current vote count

chief rum (4)- barkeep, bulletsponge, st cronin, lonestargirl
hoopsguy (1)- saldana
alant (1)- swaggs

Lathum
06-18-2007, 09:05 PM
not voted- AlanT, Mr Wednesday

Alan T
06-18-2007, 09:06 PM
I want to keep it close. Based on what Barkeep says, he seems to think its only DT and Chief, not sure why he is ruling out Saldana , so I'll go the other direction.

Vote Saldana

Lathum
06-18-2007, 09:07 PM
current vote count

saldana (3)- daddytorgo, ardent, AlanT
hoopsguy (1)- saldana
alant (1)- swaggs

not voted Mr. Wednesday

Passacaglia
06-18-2007, 09:23 PM
*shrug* go ahead. Vote for me. At least we'll just be losing a plain golden-ticket holder and nothing special.

That'll teach me to try to make jokes in WW. The point of the whole thing wasn't "i'm a wolf so i'm going to vote for sal cuz he's a girl." the point was "CR talked about voting for girls...sal's a girl i'm going to vote for her."

(and yes I know sal's a guy. That's where the joke comes in).

Yeah. Weird joke, but I usually give slack to jokers, since I'm one myself. Especially on Day 1.

hoopsguy
06-18-2007, 09:23 PM
FWIW, I don't think there is much of a chance that DaddyTorgo is a wolf based on his play/joke. But I was interested in seeing if there was movement emerging behind me on the vote. Seemed like as good of a play as anything on Day 1.

I have no strong feelings at all about either of the two leading candidates, so I'll defer on voting for either of them for the moment. I would probably be willing to move my vote away from DT if I saw him endangered at this point.

With that, time to sit back and watch the last few minutes before deadline elapse.

Lathum
06-18-2007, 09:30 PM
deadline

Lathum
06-18-2007, 09:34 PM
you all gather in the main candy room, a collection of sweets like no other with a milk chocolate river running through it.

The vote is cast and it is decided chief rum is a spy. You point the finger at him and suddenly a door materilizes from seemingly solid wall. A number of strange orange creatures shuffle out.

As if that wasn't odd enough they surround Chiefrum and begin singing

"oompa loompa doppie de do
I've got another puzzle for you
what do you get when you vote someone out
they are a innocent as a trout
your numbers are now one weaker see
if you are wise you'll listen to me
try tommorow getting it right
or you may be killed at night
I'de sleep with one eye open if I was you
like the oopma loompa doppie de do"

with that they shuffle ChiefRum away. HE was just a boy with a dream.

Night one has begun.

final vote count

hoopsguy (1)- saldana
alant (1)- swaggs

not voted Mr. Wednesday

saldana
06-18-2007, 09:38 PM
best. werewolf. writeup. ever.

LOL

saldana
06-18-2007, 09:39 PM
dola, except for the fact that we tossed a villager.

DaddyTorgo
06-18-2007, 09:43 PM
that's hilarious lathum.

but dammit.

now I see why I couldn't be a ooompa loompa.

LoneStarGirl
06-18-2007, 09:54 PM
any word from Mr. Wednesday and why he didn't vote?

Swaggs
06-18-2007, 10:06 PM
I like the 10:30 PM EST deadline.

I went out tonight and couldn't really get in on much discussion (not that there would have been much on the first day), but living on the East Coast, I like having that deadline a bit later than 9:00 PM EST.

bulletsponge
06-18-2007, 10:48 PM
LOL great write up. i hope you have a new one for each night.

Sorry Daddy Torgo.... ok iom lying, no im not sorry :P

Mr. Wednesday
06-18-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm very sorry about missing the vote. I had intended to get in and cast a vote around 7-ish, but I forgot. One of my friends had a birthday today, so a bunch of us went out to eat and then out for drinks afterwards, and I remembered ca. 11 o'clock that I had forgotten to get online and vote. :(

If it's any consolation, I'm fairly certain I would have stayed away from the CR vs. saldana face-off, so I don't think my absence changed the outcome of the vote.

Mr. Wednesday
06-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Dola, I literally just got back, having left around 7:30 and last checked in here around 5.

Chief Rum
06-19-2007, 12:06 AM
I'm quite happy to be the victim of such a great writeup. :)

It's too bad I am already out, though, in a long-awaited game. Oh well...

Good luck, everyone!

Lathum
06-19-2007, 08:06 AM
You all awake in the morning snd make your way downstairs for a breakfast of hot chocolate and well, cold chocolate.

You notice one of you is missing, you make your way to ardents room to find a gruesome scene. Someone has sucked on the end of a candy cane until it is sharp then thrust it into ardents neck!!

Aredent was an ordinary golden ticket winner.

day 2 has begun, deadline 10:30 PM EST

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 08:17 AM
death by candy cane? scrumptious. Sorry, ardent.

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 08:27 AM
VOTE SALDANA

Its an exercise in logic, fellows.

Poli
06-19-2007, 08:59 AM
I'm okay with it, I was contemplating dropping out after the news yesterday.

Thanks for the game.

Poli
06-19-2007, 09:00 AM
I sure hope I ate my fill of chocolate last night.

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 09:01 AM
VOTE SALDANA

Its an exercise in logic, fellows.

Can I have another clue to this logic puzzle?

hoopsguy
06-19-2007, 09:45 AM
final vote count

hoopsguy (1)- saldana
alant (1)- swaggs

not voted Mr. Wednesday

First, as stated by others, very amusing Day 1 writeup.

OK, Cronin's position appears to be that Rum was good, so the next vote getter is more likely to be bad. But I don't recall a late run on Cronin to save Saldana. In fact, I believe it was Rum and DT that were closest in the vote with Saldana pick up a couple of late votes.

Cronin, am I correctly following your logic in casting the vote? Or are there other details that I'm missing here?

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 09:49 AM
First, as stated by others, very amusing Day 1 writeup.

OK, Cronin's position appears to be that Rum was good, so the next vote getter is more likely to be bad. But I don't recall a late run on Cronin to save Saldana. In fact, I believe it was Rum and DT that were closest in the vote with Saldana pick up a couple of late votes.

Cronin, am I correctly following your logic in casting the vote? Or are there other details that I'm missing here?

Do you mean that you don't remember a late run on CR to save saldana?

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 09:51 AM
That's pretty much it, hoops. Saldana got the second most votes on a close day 1 vote. Until the seer reveals, he's always going to be something of a suspect. Lets find out now whether he's good or not, hmmm? Otherwise we're just leaving ourselves open to manipulation down the road.

Note: When I draw the seer role, I normally scan players with LOW vote totals.

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 09:51 AM
chief rum (1)- barkeep, bulletsponge
hoopsguy (1)- saldana
alant (1)- swaggs

Here's the vote count from 6:40 Central time. You've got CR, DT, and saldana tied at 2. The next two votes were for CR. However, if you look at it as a run on CR to save saldana, the guy who started that run was...... st.cronin!

bulletsponge
06-19-2007, 09:53 AM
ok based soley on votes im suspect of Swaggs, Pass, saldana, hoops, render, and ntndeacon

a wolf would have been wary to vote for a villager who would get killed the first day

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Here's the vote count from 6:40 Central time. You've got CR, DT, and saldana tied at 2. The next two votes were for CR. However, if you look at it as a run on CR to save saldana, the guy who started that run was...... st.cronin!

Ironic, isn't it. Yesterday I had nothing to go on, and took a wild guess. At the time I didn't even know what the vote was.

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 09:59 AM
I want to keep it close. Based on what Barkeep says, he seems to think its only DT and Chief, not sure why he is ruling out Saldana , so I'll go the other direction.

Vote Saldana

Here's the vote that made saldana closer to CR, by a 4-3 tally. It was done about a half hour before the deadline, when there really wasn't much action going on. I really think that by LSG's vote with a little more than an hour to deadline, CR's fate was sealed.

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Ironic, isn't it. Yesterday I had nothing to go on, and took a wild guess. At the time I didn't even know what the vote was.

You didn't? Even though saldana posted a vote count two minutes before you voted?

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 10:06 AM
You didn't? Even though saldana posted a vote count two minutes before you voted?

That vote count was posted AFTER I clicked on the thread, but before I posted. I had been up on my roof hanging shingles, and I opened the thread for basically the first time that day, spent a few minutes reading the thread, and made a more or less random vote.

By all means, vote for me if you think I'm being suspicious. My cards are on the table.

saldana
06-19-2007, 10:14 AM
That vote count was posted AFTER I clicked on the thread, but before I posted. I had been up on my roof hanging shingles, and I opened the thread for basically the first time that day, spent a few minutes reading the thread, and made a more or less random vote.

By all means, vote for me if you think I'm being suspicious. My cards are on the table.

i do think you are being suspicious.

i also think your logic is flawed...how does me getting 2 random votes equate to it being logical that i am a wolf (not an admission...just trying to step through cronin's logic...i am a plain golden ticket holder)

also, look at who voted for me yesterday...one of them was Ardent...If i were a wolf, the last people i would ever night kill would be the people that voted for me the day before

finally, if you want to look at something as suspicious, i dont think anyone needs to look further than alan, who cast a late vote for me to bring things closer together, i can only assume in hopes of a tie, which we all know only favors the wolves.

i really dont get your thinking here St C., and you have jumped up on my radar, but still not higher than alan

vote alant

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 10:16 AM

I never said I was suspicious of you -- no need to get defensive (or put words in my mouth). However, I don't think the reasoning behind saldana is very solid. Day 1 votes don't really mean much, so I wouldn't really be looking at saldana to do some revenge kill on AE because of it. I think it's way too obvious for a wolf play.

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Sorry, I misread you -- I thought you said vote for you if I was suspicious of you. Whoops.

Alan T
06-19-2007, 10:20 AM
i do think you are being suspicious.

i also think your logic is flawed...how does me getting 2 random votes equate to it being logical that i am a wolf (not an admission...just trying to step through cronin's logic...i am a plain golden ticket holder)

also, look at who voted for me yesterday...one of them was Ardent...If i were a wolf, the last people i would ever night kill would be the people that voted for me the day before

finally, if you want to look at something as suspicious, i dont think anyone needs to look further than alan, who cast a late vote for me to bring things closer together, i can only assume in hopes of a tie, which we all know only favors the wolves.

i really dont get your thinking here St C., and you have jumped up on my radar, but still not higher than alan

vote alant

Perhaps its been because of the long break between games, but most people know that I strongly protest ties in games. I at no point brought us close to a tie.

Your point seems to suggest you would prefer a run away vote than a close one that we might use to try to get information about voting patterns. I also am against that, as we don't learn anything from a run away vote.

I made a vote on one of the leading candidates, that was not a throw away, that did not tie things up and was relevant to what the current discussion was at the time.

Your vote on me seems clearly to be nothing more than an attempt at distraction away from something else.

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Sorry, I misread you -- I thought you said vote for you if I was suspicious of you. Whoops.

Or maybe I thought you meant acting suspiciously. Man, this is making me tired.

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Perhaps its been because of the long break between games, but most people know that I strongly protest ties in games. I at no point brought us close to a tie.

Your point seems to suggest you would prefer a run away vote than a close one that we might use to try to get information about voting patterns. I also am against that, as we don't learn anything from a run away vote.

I made a vote on one of the leading candidates, that was not a throw away, that did not tie things up and was relevant to what the current discussion was at the time.

Your vote on me seems clearly to be nothing more than an attempt at distraction away from something else.

How can you defend that you did not bring us closer to a tie? The vote was 4-2 and you made it 4-3. I just don't get how your vote can be all three things -- on a leading candidate, not forcing a tie, and not a throw away. I agree that it didn't force a tie, but it definitely brought us closer to one, there's no disputing that. And if you weren't worried about a tie forming, I'd have to call the vote a throwaway.

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 10:27 AM

Yes, it struck me as odd too. If he were really a SIMPLE villegar, wouldn't he most likely fire back at me? Especially given that he thinks I'm suspicious - that assertion, coupled with a vote on Alan, is really inexplicable.

I think its essential that we lynch saldana today - even if he's innocent, the longer he lives, the more confusing our approach will get.

Alan T
06-19-2007, 10:29 AM
How can you defend that you did not bring us closer to a tie? The vote was 4-2 and you made it 4-3. I just don't get how your vote can be all three things -- on a leading candidate, not forcing a tie, and not a throw away. I agree that it didn't force a tie, but it definitely brought us closer to one, there's no disputing that. And if you weren't worried about a tie forming, I'd have to call the vote a throwaway.

Well gee.. if you want to get technical with it... anyone who didn't break a tie yesterday brought us closer to a tie with their vote in that case.

My vote was with plenty of time to spare, with an advanced announcement even earlier in the evening of my intentions, with the ability for the 5-6 people who were online and in the thread at the time to make their moves.

The way Saldana framed his accusation to make it sound like I recklessly threw us at the traintrack was pretty misleading. If you don't believe me, go back and read my posts. I never one hid my plan, and went through with what I said.

It probably doesn't matter in the case where Chief was a good guy, but if he had been a bad guy, having the vote close to see who maneuvered to attempt to save him (if anyone would have tried) would have been good to know.

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Yes, it struck me as odd too. If he were really a SIMPLE villegar, wouldn't he most likely fire back at me? Especially given that he thinks I'm suspicious - that assertion, coupled with a vote on Alan, is really inexplicable.

I think its essential that we lynch saldana today - even if he's innocent, the longer he lives, the more confusing our approach will get.

Essential? Really? Based on this? I'm not seeing it.

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Essential? Really? Based on this? I'm not seeing it.

You just go right ahead and vote for somebody else then. :) Heck, vote for me. I welcome the scrutiny.

I have a plan, and I'm sticking to it. If you don't like it, come up with a better plan. I just know as a villegar I hate it when there's somebody hanging around on day 8 who has been the runner up in like 6 of the votes.

DaddyTorgo
06-19-2007, 10:38 AM
"the news yesterday" ardent? did i miss something in GD?

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Well gee.. if you want to get technical with it... anyone who didn't break a tie yesterday brought us closer to a tie with their vote in that case.

My vote was with plenty of time to spare, with an advanced announcement even earlier in the evening of my intentions, with the ability for the 5-6 people who were online and in the thread at the time to make their moves.

The way Saldana framed his accusation to make it sound like I recklessly threw us at the traintrack was pretty misleading. If you don't believe me, go back and read my posts. I never one hid my plan, and went through with what I said.

It probably doesn't matter in the case where Chief was a good guy, but if he had been a bad guy, having the vote close to see who maneuvered to attempt to save him (if anyone would have tried) would have been good to know.

Well...not really. Any vote that didn't bring the top two vote getters closer together in votes did not bring us closer to a tie.

Your vote was with twenty minutes to spare, and I'll admit to not knowing how many people were online then, so I'll take your word for it.

I do agree that saldana came on too strongly. Your vote did not seem to me like you were TRYING to get a tie. I was just setting facts straight.

A big part of me thinks the case against saldana is way too easy -- the AE vote, and the fact that he didn't attack his accuser (which I see as more of a personality trait than a villegar/wolf thing). A smaller part of me thinks we're being lead toward saldana by cronin and Alan (whose late vote made him look more like a possible lynch candidate than he might have been otherwise -- but then I think even THAT is too easy!

Alan T
06-19-2007, 10:40 AM
vote St.Cronin

When I read that ardent was night killed, the first person I actually thought of was actually St.Cronin, then I saw him come out with an arguement against Saldana which I didn't even fully understand. (My guess was that Cronin said it must be saldana as a wolf because Ardent had voted for him the previous day, not because of the saving Saldana by voting for Chief thing that was talked about earlier)

I still mean what I say about Saldana's arguement against me seems to be completely without merit, but I feel the same way or moreso about Cronin's arguement about Saldana.

I might change this as the day goes on depending on where votes fall. Figured I would get Cronin mad at me a bit too.

Alan T
06-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Well...not really. Any vote that didn't bring the top two vote getters closer together in votes did not bring us closer to a tie.

Your vote was with twenty minutes to spare, and I'll admit to not knowing how many people were online then, so I'll take your word for it.

I do agree that saldana came on too strongly. Your vote did not seem to me like you were TRYING to get a tie. I was just setting facts straight.

A big part of me thinks the case against saldana is way too easy -- the AE vote, and the fact that he didn't attack his accuser (which I see as more of a personality trait than a villegar/wolf thing). A smaller part of me thinks we're being lead toward saldana by cronin and Alan (whose late vote made him look more like a possible lynch candidate than he might have been otherwise -- but then I think even THAT is too easy!

Huh? Where did I tell people to vote for Saldana. I said his arguement was completely without merit, incorrect and seemed a distractionary tactic. I voted for St.cronin and not Saldana. I don't really see the case for voting Saldana so far today.

Where did you get that I am trying to push people on Saldana at?

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 10:45 AM
vote St.Cronin

When I read that ardent was night killed, the first person I actually thought of was actually St.Cronin, then I saw him come out with an arguement against Saldana which I didn't even fully understand. (My guess was that Cronin said it must be saldana as a wolf because Ardent had voted for him the previous day, not because of the saving Saldana by voting for Chief thing that was talked about earlier)

I still mean what I say about Saldana's arguement against me seems to be completely without merit, but I feel the same way or moreso about Cronin's arguement about Saldana.

I might change this as the day goes on depending on where votes fall. Figured I would get Cronin mad at me a bit too.

I'm not mad at all, but I'm pretty baffled. Its always interesting to me when people resist the obvious.

But, anyway, as I said, I welcome the scrutiny. A showdown between me and Saldana could be very revealing for the villega.

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Huh? Where did I tell people to vote for Saldana. I said his arguement was completely without merit, incorrect and seemed a distractionary tactic. I voted for St.cronin and not Saldana. I don't really see the case for voting Saldana so far today.

Where did you get that I am trying to push people on Saldana at?

I didn't say you were telling people to vote for saldana. I just said that your vote last night made it look like a closer race (4-3) than it was (4 for CR, 2 for DT, 2 for saldana). And I think that helps support st.cronin's theory.

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 10:46 AM
So: I have voted for saldana. Saldana votes for Alan T. And then Alan votes for me.

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm not mad at all, but I'm pretty baffled. Its always interesting to me when people resist the obvious.

But, anyway, as I said, I welcome the scrutiny. A showdown between me and Saldana could be very revealing for the villega.

I don't have much wolf experience, but it's my understanding that the wolves try to avoid the obvious moves.

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 10:47 AM
So: I have voted for saldana. Saldana votes for Alan T. And then Alan votes for me.

I guess I'm the odd man out?

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 10:50 AM
I don't have much wolf experience, but it's my understanding that the wolves try to avoid the obvious moves.

Yeah, the trouble is in agreeing on what an "obvious move" is. Its my opinion here that Alan is most likely the villager trying to hit a home run by guessing pitch and location. Me, as a villegar I like to keep it simple, and stay away from the crazy conspiracy theories.

Would love to get some feedback from some other players.

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 10:50 AM

See Ardent's FTB answers.

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 10:54 AM

I just realized that what's even odder about this is that both saldana and Alan also asserted that the player they WEREN'T voting for was behaving suspiciously.

hoopsguy
06-19-2007, 11:00 AM
OK, Cronin is suggesting that as seer he would scan someone with a low vote total, which tells me that he is not making a seer play at Saldana. So strike that thought from earlier ...

I'm inclined to sit tight for a couple of hours to see if there is anything that Willy W. might bring to the table. Assuming that happens, then I'll try to figure out if the Cronin/Saldana/Alan triangle is the right direction to go with this vote. Right now there is a fair amount of noise around this, but I haven't read anything yet that has been an "Aha!" moment in these posts.

Swaggs
06-19-2007, 11:01 AM
I will be picking between Alan T and saldana. I'm not considering st.cronin because I don't think he would have been so assertive and placed the first vote today if he was a wolf.

DaddyTorgo
06-19-2007, 11:19 AM
pass...if it makes you feel better I'll vote for you and then you won't be left out. LOL

(THAT'S ANOTHER JOKE PEOPLE)

Seriously though...I don't like voting the obvious all that often, unless there's overwhelming evidence for it. Because all too often the obvious is so obvious that the wolves have seen it and avoided it because it's obvious.

Sure...maybe one time in a dozen a wolf slips through that way, but 11/12 times then I'm winning and not voting for a villager.

I just really skimmed through those last few posts so I have no idea who I'll vote for yet...I want to go read ardent's FTB answers and see what's up, because I get the feeling that's more important than this game.

Barkeep49
06-19-2007, 11:27 AM
I will be picking between saldana and cronin. I don't get the negative vibes from Alan T but those two are clearly ready to go at it. I hope it's not a villager versus villager thing, but I don't know. Early inclination is to go for cronin as I absolutely think he'd cast the first vote as a wolf.

bulletsponge
06-19-2007, 11:34 AM
hmmm interesting. interesting as in im not sure what to do. this is why i hate being villagers, i cant decide what to do. if i was a wolf i would already know who i was voting for.

but nooooooooo, i have to use my brain to figure out who bad

Barkeep49
06-19-2007, 11:36 AM
hmmm interesting. interesting as in im not sure what to do. this is why i hate being villagers, i cant decide what to do. if i was a wolf i would already know who i was voting for.

but nooooooooo, i have to use my brain to figure out who bad
I'm not willing to buy this argument. Studies have shown that having a child makes you dumber so I'm willing to suggest that since you are now a father you are a worse WW player than before. :D

Barkeep49
06-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Whoops. Read that as hoops at first. Please disregard.

LoneStarGirl
06-19-2007, 11:39 AM

hmm I was wondering the same thing

LoneStarGirl
06-19-2007, 11:41 AM
I am with Alant, I will always go against a tie. But if I have learned nothing in past games it is that you should always throw suspicion on Hoopsguy... he is far too good to let slip under your fingers. So unless anybody has any objections.

vote hoopsguy

saldana
06-19-2007, 11:41 AM

essentially alan, i found your vote for me yesterday to be rather surprising...maybe its my ego running away from me, but i didnt understand why, when posed with a choice between adding one loop to my noose or DT's, you chose me...you and i have been in alot of games together, and just hoops virtually never gets day one votes, I found it intriguing that you were willing to eliminate me on the first day, considering you know very well what I bring to the team.

to me, it seemed like a wolf seizing an opportunity to get rid of a very strong villager, hence my vote today. [/ego trip]

bulletsponge
06-19-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm not willing to buy this argument. Studies have shown that having a child makes you dumber so I'm willing to suggest that since you are now a father you are a worse WW player than before. :D

whew, for a second there i thought your sister told you i knocked her up. she told me she was on the pill :mad:

bulletsponge
06-19-2007, 11:49 AM
essentially alan, i found your vote for me yesterday to be rather surprising...maybe its my ego running away from me, but i didnt understand why, when posed with a choice between adding one loop to my noose or DT's, you chose me...you and i have been in alot of games together, and just hoops virtually never gets day one votes, I found it intriguing that you were willing to eliminate me on the first day, considering you know very well what I bring to the team.

to me, it seemed like a wolf seizing an opportunity to get rid of a very strong villager, hence my vote today. [/ego trip]

hmm thats interesting

Alan T
06-19-2007, 11:55 AM

Nope, it was actually pretty much what I said last night. I tossed it out earlier what my thoughts were, no sense in a run away on Chief, and you and DT were the only two close by to keep things close. I threw that out to see what people commented in regards to that as there were plenty of people around last night.

Only person who said anything was Barkeep who stated it was a race between DT and Chief Rum (even though Chief was up by 2 votes, and you had just as many votes as DT). Not knowing what barkeep's angle was, I decided to go the other direction from him by voting you instead. I still don't understand why he subtly left you out of the mix there, but I assume it was just oversight on his part. On day 1, without anything to go on however, I had to take everything into consideration.

Its not like I really endangered you any, for you to be lynched, it would have taken someone else to switch votes condemning you as well as whatever the tiebreaker is. Thats why I stated your claim of me pushing for a tie seemingly does not carry much weight at all.

saldana
06-19-2007, 12:13 PM
ok alan, i guess i can buy that for now...not entirely sold, but enough to

unvote alant

hoopsguy
06-19-2007, 12:53 PM

This one threw me when I first read it. Was about to extend congratulations to Bullet, and then vote for Barkeep ;)

Mr. Wednesday
06-19-2007, 12:59 PM
I think cronin's reasoning is a little bit odd, particularly considering his involvement in the voting yesterday. At the same time, it doesn't seem particularly wolfish to drive the discussion on an early day like this unless something noteworthy happened last night — which there's no indication that such actually happened.

Barkeep49
06-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Only person who said anything was Barkeep who stated it was a race between DT and Chief Rum (even though Chief was up by 2 votes, and you had just as many votes as DT). Not knowing what barkeep's angle was, I decided to go the other direction from him by voting you instead. I still don't understand why he subtly left you out of the mix there, but I assume it was just oversight on his part. On day 1, without anything to go on however, I had to take everything into consideration.

I suggest DT because I never gave any serious thought to saldana yesterday. In my mind it was between the two. Though this does strike me that if you were trying to make things close as strange by going in a third direction.

RendeR
06-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Good god being a basic Golden Ticket Wielding fat kid is HARD. I'd rather be a seer again like I was the first to games I played....

Having to actually think through all y'all's perforated logic is...well..painful =)

RendeR
06-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Hrmmm

Eeeny, meeny, miney, moe....

No one's convinced me otherwise so...

VOTE DADDYTORGO

bulletsponge
06-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Hrmmm

Eeeny, meeny, miney, moe....

No one's convinced me otherwise so...

VOTE DADDYTORGO

are you ryming because your an umpa-lumpa?

Lathum
06-19-2007, 02:29 PM
so for those of us who are lazy what is the deal with ardent?

Lathum
06-19-2007, 02:38 PM
I will probably get home right around the deadline, can someone keep an accurate vote count so the lynch isn't held up if I am running late?

LoneStarGirl
06-19-2007, 02:39 PM
so for those of us who are lazy what is the deal with ardent?

I went and read all of his FTB answers and really didn't see anything suspicious. I am curious too.

Also, I didn't even know Render was in this game till I just saw him vote.... I might need to start paying more attention to him

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 02:44 PM
oog:

Ardent's biological father passed away recently, apparently a suicide.

bulletsponge
06-19-2007, 02:54 PM
aww man, thats sad

Mr. Wednesday
06-19-2007, 03:41 PM
It's on the second page of the FTB answer thread, as I recall.

Mr. Wednesday
06-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Good god being a basic Golden Ticket Wielding fat kid is HARD. I'd rather be a seer again like I was the first to games I played....

Having to actually think through all y'all's perforated logic is...well..painful =)
Well, yeah. Naturally it's hard when you don't really know anything. :p

Mr. Wednesday
06-19-2007, 03:44 PM
if i was a wolf i would already know who i was voting for.
Are you saying this in a sense of, "as a wolf I would have enough knowledge to know who to vote for", or in a sense of, "if I were a wolf, I know who I would want to vote for assuming that they were not a wolf too"?

Basically, what I'm getting after is, do you think that there's somebody on the block who's more likely to be receiving votes from wolves?

Mr. Wednesday
06-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Swaggs is awfully quiet. I feel inclined to shake the bushes a little bit and see what comes out.

VOTE Swaggs

hoopsguy
06-19-2007, 03:55 PM
So I'm trying to figure out "Why Ardent?". There are obviously the standard reason - pick someone who is less likely to have the bodyguard on him that night. But was there anything in his posts to make him a target? Not that I saw on a brief recap.

The idea that I can't shake, and it is 100% metagame, is that it was someone who decided he deserved an early kill as a "payback" from the Survivor game. I did not play in this game, so it would require some work for me to comb through those threads to figure out who might be grinding an axe. Can anyone who recalls that game give me a hand here? Without having a clear Day 2 vote I wouldn't mind at least having some possibilities from that game to consider.

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Hoops, I believe Grammaticus was on the other end of the blowup. Looking at the roster of this game, the only person who I think was involved in that at all was Barkeep, as the host. I don't think he would play that way.

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 04:37 PM
If it's the blowup you guys are thinking of, I think it was me that was on the other end. And we made up pretty soon after it was over, so I don't think I would be seeking revenge or anything -- if anything, he would be seeking revenge on me.

Anyway, why choose the survivor game? There have been other games since then -- or is it because it was the most recent drama?

Mr. Wednesday
06-19-2007, 04:49 PM
ardent seems like an even odder choice because he's often a lightning-rod for controversy, drawing a lot of attention even when he's a good guy... the sort of player that's valuable for wolves to draw attention away from themselves.

I'm going to be gone for a while starting in five minutes or so. I will probably not be back until after the deadline.

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Actually I think the guys who had the most to say about ardent in that game were Jonathan E and kingfc, neither one of whom is playing. I think is a dead end.

Ardent voted for saldana. Guys, it doesn't get any easier than this. I think you have to try real hard to find somebody other than saldana to vote for.

hoopsguy
06-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Pass, I thought of it because it was the most recent drama involving Ardent Enthusiast that I could recall. And it was messier, with him invading other threads, than most of the blowups in WW-land.

Again, I was just trying to piece together in my mind why somoene might have selected AE for the Night 1 kill.

bulletsponge
06-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Are you saying this in a sense of, "as a wolf I would have enough knowledge to know who to vote for", or in a sense of, "if I were a wolf, I know who I would want to vote for assuming that they were not a wolf too"?

Basically, what I'm getting after is, do you think that there's somebody on the block who's more likely to be receiving votes from wolves?

im was saying im a better and more decisive wolf than villager. if im still alive after 3 or 4 days its likely because im a wolf in sheeps clothing

hoopsguy
06-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Does anyone have a vote total at this point? I know Lathum said he wasn't going to be around much before the deadline so we probably need to have this ready. I'll put one together when I get home from work if there isn't something up by then.

For lack of a better option, I'll probably now turn my attention more fully to the Cronin/Saldana/Alan triangle. It sounds like most people are voting, or at least considering votes, in this area. So it probably makes sense to figure out which of these guys I trust the most.

saldana
06-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Actually I think the guys who had the most to say about ardent in that game were Jonathan E and kingfc, neither one of whom is playing. I think is a dead end.

Ardent voted for saldana. Guys, it doesn't get any easier than this. I think you have to try real hard to find somebody other than saldana to vote for.

i cant believe you are using that as your reasoning...that has the gotta be the oldest wolf play in the world to cast suspicion on someone...

"saldana had the second most votes yesterday, so lets kill one of the people that voted for him so it looks like he was out for revenge"

you are really pushing hard on me while using the most flawed logic i have seen in a long time.

vote st cronin

ntndeacon
06-19-2007, 05:11 PM
I would think that St. cronin's suggestion that Ardent was killed for revenge preposturous. I think that the person for whom the night one voted for is mostly a good guy. So I know I shant be voting for Saldana today. Even though Ithink st cronin usually knows vbetter than that iam not sure I want to pull the trigger on him either.

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 05:16 PM
I would think that St. cronin's suggestion that Ardent was killed for revenge preposturous. I think that the person for whom the night one voted for is mostly a good guy. So I know I shant be voting for Saldana today. Even though Ithink st cronin usually knows vbetter than that iam not sure I want to pull the trigger on him either.

Actually hoopsguy was the one who suggested ardent was a revenge kill. I haven't speculated on why ardent was killed. My suggestion is that ardent's kill, and yesterday's vote, makes saldana a person of interest, and that there is nobody else who is as interesting. He's going to be a topic of discussion until something else happens, such as a seer coming out and saying what side saldana is on.

I'm using pure logic, here. I DO encourage people to find their own candidates, though. That's a way to make today's vote meaningful.

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 05:21 PM
As I start to leave work, I'll need to put in a vote soon. In an effort to avoid "The Triangle," I'm looking somewhere else. I'm suspicious of cronin, but there's enough suspicion on him, and I'd rather see how this plays out with others before casting a vote on him myself. I'm looking at LSG, since it was her vote that put 4 on CR, making it a runaway.

ntndeacon
06-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Actually hoopsguy was the one who suggested ardent was a revenge kill. I haven't speculated on why ardent was killed. My suggestion is that ardent's kill, and yesterday's vote, makes saldana a person of interest, and that there is nobody else who is as interesting. He's going to be a topic of discussion until something else happens, such as a seer coming out and saying what side saldana is on.

I'm using pure logic, here. I DO encourage people to find their own candidates, though. That's a way to make today's vote meaningful.

I should have been clearer. I dont remember you calling it a revenge killing, but using those two pieces of information certainly implied that to me. I do find it intersting we have a whole lot of folks with one vote and the current leader (you ) has 2. it isnt the run away that I imagined

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Pass, I thought of it because it was the most recent drama involving Ardent Enthusiast that I could recall. And it was messier, with him invading other threads, than most of the blowups in WW-land.

Again, I was just trying to piece together in my mind why somoene might have selected AE for the Night 1 kill.

That makes sense. I don't think it really involved anyone else in this game other than me and Barkeep. I agree with st.cronin -- probably nothing to see here.

ntndeacon
06-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Well ineed to leave here for play practice, so iwill go ahead and put in my vote. I really dont currently see any of the Alan-st Cronin-saldana as wolves (at the moment). So I will go with another that has been pretty quiet.
Vote Swaggs

saldana
06-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Actually hoopsguy was the one who suggested ardent was a revenge kill.

yeah...from 6 games ago in a game i wasnt even playing in!

you are making me feel better and better about my vote when you take facts like that entirely out of context in further attempts to incriminate me

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 05:41 PM
yeah...from 6 games ago in a game i wasnt even playing in!

you are making me feel better and better about my vote when you take facts like that entirely out of context in further attempts to incriminate me

What are you talking about? Are you even paying attention? I completely dismissed that line of reasoning.

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Wow, two votes on Swaggs for being quiet -- I'd imagine there are folks around at least as quiet as Swaggs, if not quieter.

saldana
06-19-2007, 05:45 PM

here is your entire post...where exactly do you dismiss that line of reasoning.

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm assuming the problem is that the term "revenge kill" is being used in two different ways -- one sense that it was a revenge kill from the votes yesterday, and another that it was a revenge kill from a previous game. Perhaps people should be more clear when they talk about which one they mean.

saldana
06-19-2007, 05:49 PM

or maybe it was this one where the dismissal occurred

DaddyTorgo
06-19-2007, 05:53 PM
RendeR has been quiet...

saldana
06-19-2007, 05:56 PM
saldana (1)- cronin
cronin (2)- alant, saldana
hoops (1)- lsg
daddytorgo (1) - render
swaggs (2)- mr. w, ntn

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Time for me to head out. I'm putting in my vote.

VOTE LONESTARGIRL

DaddyTorgo
06-19-2007, 06:01 PM
VOTE SWAGGS

ties are bad for business. Let's see if stirring the pot brings anything to the surface.

saldana
06-19-2007, 06:07 PM
saldana (1)- cronin
hoops (1)- lsg
daddytorgo (1) - render
swaggs (2)- mr. w, ntn, daddytorgo
lsg (1) - pass

updated for last two votes

hoopsguy
06-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Saldana, how much of your vote for Cronin is because he is stubbornly going after you? Do you think he is a wolf or are you just frustrated by his position?

I've got to mow the lawn, but should be back well before deadline to get my vote in.

Alan T
06-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Like I said earlier, my vote on cronin isn't steadfast, I could move it, but right now, haven't really received any feeling to make me want to just yet.

saldana
06-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Saldana, how much of your vote for Cronin is because he is stubbornly going after you? Do you think he is a wolf or are you just frustrated by his position?

I've got to mow the lawn, but should be back well before deadline to get my vote in.

a little bit of both...he isnt making sense, and he is coming after me full bore with really nothing. but i have nothing better to go on, so if something better came up, i wouldnt be against moving it

RendeR
06-19-2007, 07:17 PM
RendeR has been quiet...

Have not.

bulletsponge
06-19-2007, 07:22 PM
aww nuts, my vote is going to be the tiebreaker. let me read up and take a wild guess

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 07:24 PM
There's still over two hours to deadline, right? So no rush.

bulletsponge
06-19-2007, 07:25 PM
ok im voting for

Vote Passacaglia

saldana
06-19-2007, 07:39 PM
ok im voting for

Vote Passacaglia

any reason for that, or just trying to have absolutely no impact on what is happening in the game:rolleyes:

bulletsponge
06-19-2007, 07:45 PM
any reason for that, or just trying to have absolutely no impact on what is happening in the game:rolleyes:

its better than a negative impact.

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 07:50 PM
I think I'm entitled to a bit more reasoning than that.

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Hoopsguy, Barkeep, and Swaggs haven't voted yet? Is that the complete list?

Swaggs
06-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Well, I was going to place a vote for ntndeacon because I thought his vote yesterday was kind of quietly placed and a throway, much like I would have done if I were trying to stay under the radar as a wolf.

Now, having caught up, it seems like there is a semi-swell against me, so looks like I'll have to go the self-preservation route. I'm not sure if the momentum against me is planned to protect someone else or not, but it will be interesting to see if saldana/Alan T/st.cronin go late against me, with the others.

I actually think I am going to go ahead with my gut and vote for ntndeacon and hope I get some support. At worst, I am a just a ticket winner, so at least you guys wouldn't be lynching our seer.

Vote ntndeacon

hoopsguy
06-19-2007, 08:11 PM
OK, so the votes look like this (basing off earlier list):

swaggs (3)- mr. w, ntn, daddytorgo
saldana (1)- cronin
hoops (1)- lsg
daddytorgo (1) - render
lsg (1) - pass
pass (1) - bullet

I've got zero interest in casting a vote for someone without one yet at this point, and the "Swaggs = quiet" doesn't carry much weight for me at this stage in the game. So, with a vote that feels just slightly more informed than a Day 1, I'll go with a vote for LSG. I know that I'm just a stock golden ticket winner without any ulterior motives, so that tells me that I'm not voting for the seer. That is enough for me to put her up closer to the top in votes.

VOTE LONESTARGIRL

saldana
06-19-2007, 08:14 PM
saldana (1)- cronin
hoops (1)- lsg
daddytorgo (1) - render
swaggs (3)- mr. w, ntn, daddytorgo
lsg (2) - pass, hoops
pass (1) - bulletsponge
ntn (1) - swaggs

still to vote - barkeep

DaddyTorgo
06-19-2007, 08:14 PM
saldana (1)- cronin
hoops (1)- lsg
daddytorgo (1) - render
swaggs (2)- mr. w, ntn, daddytorgo
lsg (1) - pass
bullet (1) - pass
ntn (1) - swaggs

DaddyTorgo
06-19-2007, 08:17 PM
no way swaggus swaggus would vote for someone to not bring it closer together unless he was a villager and believed in his actions and was willing to sacrifice himself. Well i'm not going to put him to death

UNVOTE SWAGGS

now I just gotta figure out where to vote

DaddyTorgo
06-19-2007, 08:20 PM
saldana (1)- cronin
hoops (1)- lsg
daddytorgo (1) - render
swaggs (2)- mr. w, ntn,
lsg (1) - pass
bullet (1) - pass
ntn (1) - swaggs

to vote: barkeep, DT

saldana
06-19-2007, 08:21 PM
is anyone else bothered by the blatant throwaway by bullet?

bulletsponge
06-19-2007, 08:24 PM
im not

DaddyTorgo
sal's count is right. Somehow I missed bullet's vote for pass in mine. Which is...weird. Bullet is normally too good a player for that.

DaddyTorgo
LOL @ bullet

DaddyTorgo
06-19-2007, 08:31 PM
well I'm in a bad situation.

I don't think cronin is bad enough to vote for him. And I won't vote for Swaggs now since circumstantial evidence points to him as good. So that leaves me either a) no-voting, or b) creating a 3-way tie with somebody.

And neither of those is really going to endear me to anyone. And since I now believe Swaggs to be a villager (although I have no evidence he has any additional knowledge), I will take a leap of faith that maybe he has some type of inside information or has noticed something.

VOTE NTN

bulletsponge
06-19-2007, 08:33 PM
sal's count is right. Somehow I missed bullet's vote for pass in mine. Which is...weird. Bullet is normally too good a player for that.

you overestimate my ability to be paranoid

bulletsponge
06-19-2007, 08:36 PM
ok ill jump on the "trust swaggs" bandwagon, and change my vote

Unvote Passacaglui

Vote Ntndeacon

both are on my do not trust list, so its not a big leap

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Very strange vote total, in my opinion.

LoneStarGirl
06-19-2007, 08:43 PM
ok im voting for

Vote Passacaglia

I think Bullet has a crush on me and since you voted for me Pass, the only thing he could do is retaliate :D

Swaggs
06-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Just to be clear, I absolutely do not have any insider information on ntndeacon. As I said earlier, I just picked him based on the manner in which he voted yesterday. And then, the semi-run on me, which included him, kind of strengthened that feeling.

bulletsponge
06-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Just to be clear, I absolutely do not have any insider information on ntndeacon. As I said earlier, I just picked him based on the manner in which he voted yesterday. And then, the semi-run on me, which included him, kind of strengthened that feeling.

duly noted

bulletsponge
06-19-2007, 08:49 PM
I think Bullet has a crush on me and since you voted for me Pass, the only thing he could do is retaliate :D

:rolleyes:

saldana
06-19-2007, 09:13 PM
gotta love when the thunderstorm knocks out your cable modem 20 minutes before the deadline

saldana
06-19-2007, 09:17 PM
saldana (1)- cronin
hoops (1)- lsg
daddytorgo (1) - render
swaggs (2)- mr. w, ntn
lsg (1) - pass
ntn (3) - swaggs, torgo, bullet

still no vote - barkeep

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Barkeep to me has become one of the more infamous non-voters in our little group. It seems like at least once every game he misses a vote.

saldana
06-19-2007, 09:22 PM
saldana (1)- cronin
hoops (1)- lsg
daddytorgo (1) - render
swaggs (2)- mr. w, ntn
lsg (2) - pass, hoops

still no vote - barkeep

updated because i missed hoops vote for lsg

Barkeep49
06-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Barkeep to me has become one of the more infamous non-voters in our little group. It seems like at least once every game he misses a vote.
Infamous you say? Ha I say.

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 09:29 PM
In the nick of time!

Barkeep49
06-19-2007, 09:30 PM
I trust NTN. Vote Saldana

saldana
06-19-2007, 09:30 PM
timestamp for our fearless leaders sake

Lathum
06-19-2007, 09:31 PM
deadline

Barkeep49
06-19-2007, 09:31 PM
I do regret leaving it so close because I would preferred to force a tie. Frankly I think the reasoning against NTN and Swaggs is little and think that saldana and cronin showed us far more. If I was willing to risk a tie my vote would have been with cronin who I trust less than saldana.

saldana
06-19-2007, 09:32 PM
I trust NTN. Vote Saldana

i liked it better when you were a no show:p

saldana
06-19-2007, 09:33 PM
I do regret leaving it so close because I would preferred to force a tie. Frankly I think the reasoning against NTN and Swaggs is little and think that saldana and cronin showed us far more. If I was willing to risk a tie my vote would have been with cronin who I trust less than saldana.

you trust him less, but you voted for me?

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 09:34 PM
So that's two different players who say they find me suspicious yet voted for somebody else - Alan T and Barkeep.

Just putting those names out there, in case it becomes important later.

Barkeep49
06-19-2007, 09:36 PM
you trust him less, but you voted for me?

So that's two different players who say they find me suspicious yet voted for somebody else - Alan T and Barkeep.

Just putting those names out there, in case it becomes important later.

Yup because I've been criticised mightily in the past for forcing ties. You two are more suspicious to me than either Swaggs or NTN. I'd preferred to have gone cronin but didn't want to risk bringing wrath down on myself for testing an unknown tie breaker. However, I don't feel like I wasted a vote since saldana is still suspicious to me.

Lathum
06-19-2007, 09:42 PM
The group gathers again, clearly rattled about ardents death the night before. The majority decides NTNDeacon is guilty, you point a collective finger at him.

Just as you do a secret elevator opens and the same funny little creatures appear and begin to sing.

"oompa loompa doppie de do
i've got another puzzle for you
what do you get when you lynch a good guy
leaving yourselves high and dry
the bad guys are closer to winning now
want to stay alive I'll show you how
try and get a bad guy tommorow to wreck
or end up with a candy cane in your neck
i'de sleep with one eye open if I was you
like the oompa loompa doppie de do"

With that the shuffle NTNDeacon away, he goes back to his ordinary life as a janitor. NTN deacon was a golden ticket holder.
saldana (2)- cronin, barkeep
hoops (1)- lsg
daddytorgo (1) - render
swaggs (2)- mr. w, ntn
lsg (2) - pass, hoops

night 2 has begun

Lathum
06-19-2007, 09:45 PM
how nice is it to play again and have people intersted at the deadline

Passacaglia
06-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Checking in...wow, interesting turn of events.

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Well, I was going to place a vote for ntndeacon because I thought his vote yesterday was kind of quietly placed and a throway, much like I would have done if I were trying to stay under the radar as a wolf.

Now, having caught up, it seems like there is a semi-swell against me, so looks like I'll have to go the self-preservation route. I'm not sure if the momentum against me is planned to protect someone else or not, but it will be interesting to see if saldana/Alan T/st.cronin go late against me, with the others.

I actually think I am going to go ahead with my gut and vote for ntndeacon and hope I get some support. At worst, I am a just a ticket winner, so at least you guys wouldn't be lynching our seer.

Vote ntndeacon

This was the first vote for ntn, right? I have no problems whatsoever with Swaggs logic here. Going to look at the other two votes now...

bulletsponge
06-19-2007, 09:59 PM
i dont want a candycane in the neck :(

i knew i should have stuck with Pass

bulletsponge
06-19-2007, 10:00 PM
St Cronin dont bother anylizing my vote. i had no cause to change my vote to him

RendeR
06-19-2007, 10:02 PM
WOw, 3 dead and all godlen ticket holders.

MORE CANDY FOR ME!!!!!!

Wooohoooo!

err...wait..This is a sad sad turn of events....

Who's got the Fizzy-Lifting Drinks?

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 10:03 PM
no way swaggus swaggus would vote for someone to not bring it closer together unless he was a villager and believed in his actions and was willing to sacrifice himself. Well i'm not going to put him to death

UNVOTE SWAGGS

now I just gotta figure out where to vote

well I'm in a bad situation.

I don't think cronin is bad enough to vote for him. And I won't vote for Swaggs now since circumstantial evidence points to him as good. So that leaves me either a) no-voting, or b) creating a 3-way tie with somebody.

And neither of those is really going to endear me to anyone. And since I now believe Swaggs to be a villager (although I have no evidence he has any additional knowledge), I will take a leap of faith that maybe he has some type of inside information or has noticed something.

VOTE NTN

DT's rationale

ok ill jump on the "trust swaggs" bandwagon, and change my vote

Unvote Passacaglui

Vote Ntndeacon

both are on my do not trust list, so its not a big leap

and bullet's rationale

Both seem pretty weak to me, although not necessarily sinister. The timing is a little sinister - maybe a move by one of those guys to save somebody?

saldana
06-19-2007, 10:03 PM
WOw, 3 dead and all godlen ticket holders.

MORE CANDY FOR ME!!!!!!

Wooohoooo!

err...wait..This is a sad sad turn of events....

Who's got the Fizzy-Lifting Drinks?

huh:confused:

saldana
06-19-2007, 10:05 PM
DT's rationale

and bullet's rationale

Both seem pretty weak to me, although not necessarily sinister. The timing is a little sinister - maybe a move by one of those guys to save somebody?

that would point back to swaggs...he was the one on the block...bit of a ballsy move though if swaggs and one of torgo or bullet are wolves...giving away 2 to save 1 this early is a bad play

Mr. Wednesday
06-19-2007, 10:05 PM
What was the count at the time?

Barkeep49
06-19-2007, 10:07 PM
that would point back to swaggs...he was the one on the block...bit of a ballsy move though if swaggs and one of torgo or bullet are wolves...giving away 2 to save 1 this early is a bad play
Can you elaborate what you are thinking here since as I read your analysis I don't see it working the way you're describing. I also have trouble with the "there are three wolves" ideas.

Barkeep49
06-19-2007, 10:08 PM
I will add that I found DT's rationale weak as well when I was going through the votes.

st.cronin
06-19-2007, 10:09 PM
I think this was the count at the time:

saldana (1)- cronin
hoops (1)- lsg
daddytorgo (1) - render
swaggs (3)- mr. w, ntn, DT
lsg (1) - pass
pass (1) - bullet

So if it was a move to save somebody, it was either me or Swaggs. If I had to guess, I'd say all three voters were villagers. Second most likely scenario is that Swaggs is a wolf, and the other two are villagers.

Swaggs
06-19-2007, 10:16 PM
If I was actively trying to sway others here, I would have picked one of the other folks that already had votes.

Barkeep49
06-19-2007, 10:27 PM
If I was actively trying to sway others here, I would have picked one of the other folks that already had votes.
I agree your vote is pretty much above board. The fact that you'd voted for someone not at all on the block at the time was a big reason why I semi-trust you as it's not something you typically see as a wolf, especially in a small game like this where if there's only one other wolf you can't count on massing your votes to save you.

hoopsguy
06-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Barkeep, how many wolves do you think we are dealing with in this game? More or less than three?

Barkeep49
06-19-2007, 10:49 PM
I think 2 is most likely 3 is max.

Barkeep49
06-19-2007, 10:49 PM
What do you think hoops?

hoopsguy
06-19-2007, 10:56 PM
I do think it is three to start, with the one convert possibility listed in the rules. That number seems to make the most sense to me with the number of starting players we have. If it was a straight conversion I would think two is realistic, but that doesn't make too much sense to me with this ruleset.

DaddyTorgo
06-20-2007, 12:03 AM
how can you guys find my reasoning weak? I laid it all out. I was in a crappy situation...a no-win situation. I wasn't going to stay on swaggs, who I am more sure of than anyone being good in this game right now.

ANYWHERE ELSE I went was going to force a tie. Unless I no-voted. Which wouldn't have been any better. I think there might have been one person I could have thrown my vote away on so it didn't matter, but that wouldn't have looked good either. Once I moved off Swaggs (which as I stated, I had to do), then my vote was going to either make a tie or else lynch cronin (who I am 2nd most sure of not being evil right now).

saldana
06-20-2007, 06:10 AM
Can you elaborate what you are thinking here since as I read your analysis I don't see it working the way you're describing. I also have trouble with the "there are three wolves" ideas.

no where in there do i say anything about "there are three wolves", especially since i think we started with 2 plus a conversion. i think 3 to start plus a conversion would be too many.

as far as elaborating, what i was trying to say was that i doubted than any more than one of the 3 votes on ntn was a wolf, because having two of them expose themselves this early in the game would be suicidal.

Swaggs
06-20-2007, 08:44 AM
I am in the crowd that was/is thinking two wolves to begin with, with a shot at a third via conversion.

The one good thing we have going for us, is that our seer, bodyguard and duke are still with us.

RendeR
06-20-2007, 08:54 AM
huh:confused:

Pauses during his enjoyment of a pineapple on the lickable wallpaper...

"Yes?"

st.cronin
06-20-2007, 09:06 AM
DT I don't entirely agree with your allergy to ties, but even so, at the time there was, what, 2 hours to deadline? Plenty of time for somebody else to break a tie.

That's what I don't get in some of these discussions: A tie at the deadline may or may not be a bad thing, but a tie hours before the deadline is actually a good thing because it forces people to make decisions.

DaddyTorgo
06-20-2007, 09:15 AM
DT I don't entirely agree with your allergy to ties, but even so, at the time there was, what, 2 hours to deadline? Plenty of time for somebody else to break a tie.

That's what I don't get in some of these discussions: A tie at the deadline may or may not be a bad thing, but a tie hours before the deadline is actually a good thing because it forces people to make decisions.

true. but i'd rather be the one making the decision that schlepping it off on someone else.

and still, it's not something i think i deserve to be looked at poorly for, especially when i came out and explained my line of thinking and how i felt i was in a rough spot.

Mr. Wednesday
06-20-2007, 09:38 AM
With 15 of us to start, 3 plus a possible conversion target seems about right.

Lathum
06-20-2007, 10:05 AM
overslept, writeup coming

Lathum
06-20-2007, 10:08 AM
You all wake up in the morning to find another one of you missing. You all rush to hoopsguy's room and find someone has stuffed his mouth full of marshmellow to the point of where he chocked on it! Hoopsguy was an ordinary golden ticket holder.

Day 3 has begun.

Alan T
06-20-2007, 10:10 AM
overslept, writeup coming

I have never known you to do that before! :)

bulletsponge
06-20-2007, 10:19 AM
choked on marshmellows? i hope when my time comes i drown in fudge

st.cronin
06-20-2007, 10:28 AM
VOTE SALDANA

LoneStarGirl
06-20-2007, 10:46 AM
st cronin, why saldana so early this morning?

st.cronin
06-20-2007, 10:52 AM
I made my case yesterday, I've nothing to add this morning.