PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf LV - Upstairs, Downstairs - Signup Thread

Peregrine
09-17-2007, 07:00 AM
It all started when Mrs. Winston found the spot on her dress. Incompetent servants, they can't do anything right! Naturally she knew then and there that she'd have to get rid of them all...permanently. She couldn't loose them on the world, possibly to improperly clean the dresses of one of her friends, now could she? Mr. Winston agreed with a mumbled, "Yes, Dear" and went to fetch his shotgun.

In the bowels of the mansion, Jenkins the butler had had about enough. The cheek of that woman! Asking him to cut down to four brandies a day! It was time. He drew a sharpened letter opener and made his plans to rid the world of the conniving Winstons for good and all.

Of course all this came to a head the week of the party, when the house would be full of guests. Guests that were outraged by the impropriety of it all. They could imagine this sort of thing in the Wild West but not here! So they quietly pulled derringers out of purses, palmed butter knives, and prepared to finish this, once and for all.

This game will involve two teams of players, the Upstairs team of the Winstons and the Downstairs team of their angry servants. The other team, of course, will be the guests present for the party.

It will be a week full of bad manners and murder most foul.

Upstairs

Mr. Winston
Mrs. Winston
Daria Winston
Joseph Winston

Downstairs

The Butler
The Chambermaid
The Cook
The Driver

Guests

The Professor
The Gossip
The Vicar
The Colonel
The Gadabout
The Lush
The Socialite
The Rake
The Eccentric
The Daughter
The Elderly Gent
The Neighbor

Teams

Each team, Upstairs and Downstairs has a Seer who can choose someone to scan each night. They will learn that person's role. Each team also has one supporter among the guests, who knows the identity of some of the team's members and wins or loses with them, but they do not know the supporter's identity. Teams have full PM privileges at all times among each other.

Roles

Roles are revealed when a player is killed overnight, but not when someone is arrested by voting during the day. The existence of some roles will be announced before the game, but not which players have them, and they may not all be in the game.

Voting

After the horrible violence going on in the house, the Inspector must be called in. Each day the players must vote to decide who is guilty of the latest murders. The Inspector is rather thick, and gullible, so if the majority of players can convince him someone's guilty, he'll be hauled away, out of the game. The usual voting rules apply, and all votes should be in by 8 pm EST each evening. Ties will confuse the Inspector and he will grab one of the two candidates at random and haul them away.

Evidence

There are several items of evidence in the game, some are hidden in the house and others are possessed by a player at the start of the game. To use evidence, PM me and I will post that evidence has been presented against a certain player, as well as who presented it. Evidence will add two votes to the vote total for the person it is presented against. Note that evidence becomes weaker as fewer players are in the game, so that when 12 or less are in, it is only one vote, and when there are 6 orless it becomes worthless.

Also, evidence is not intended to be used as a last minute "snipe" of the vote, but to put pressure on someone and change the voting trend. For that reason, I recommend that it not be used in the last two hours of a day. The GM reserves the right to cancel the evidence if he thinks the other players haven't had enough of a chance to respond to it.

Each night is divided into two sections, Early Night and Late Night. At the end of each day players must inform me of their actions for each of the sections.

Possible Actions are:

Sleep - Pretty obvious. The character cannot defend himself against attacks, unless he has someone guarding him. If a character does not get a phase of sleep in a night, the next night he is exhausted and must sleep in both phases. Similarly, if a character sleeps in both phases, the next night he may act in both phases, because he has slept ahead.

Guard - This action lets you guard yourself from attackers. Guard will let you fend off an attacker if they have the same type of weapon as you do (melee or gun.)

Search - You have the option to search the house for useful items. Normally you may find weapons or evidence but there are a few other useful items that grant small powers. Search will also give someone a small chance to notice someone else in the halls and possibly witness an attack.

Attack - If you have a weapon, you can attack someone. If they are sleeping, you kill them. If they are guarding, you have a chance to kill them, but only if you have a better weapon than they do. In other words a firearm will still kill someone who is guarding with a melee weapon, and a melee weapon will kill someone who is guarding with no weapon. You can't kill someone if you don't currently have a weapon.

Special Actions - Some characters have special actions, using them takes one of the night phases.

Victory conditions

If either the Winstons or the servants are eliminated (including their supporter, mentioned in the team section) the rival team wins the game at the start of a day as long as they have at least one member alive. If a situation arises where the last members of both teams are killed at the start of any day, the Guests win the game. The guests can also win if they outnumber the surviving members of both teams (not including supporters) by a ratio of 2:1 after Day 4.

Signed up so far:

Lathum
RendeR
Gonzo
ArlingtonColt
Neon_Chaos
PurdueBrad
RPI-Fan
Barkeep49
EagleFan
MrBug708
St. Cronin
Oliegirl
ntndeacon
SnDvls
DaddyTorgo
Chief Run
Alan T
Telle
Path12

I'd like to see 1 more people to sign up.

Lathum
09-17-2007, 08:28 AM
in

RendeR
09-17-2007, 08:34 AM
Count me in, damn you people and this damn game....

Gonzo
09-17-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm in.

ArlingtonColt
09-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Ready for another go, I'm in.

Neon_Chaos
09-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Game time.

PurdueBrad
09-17-2007, 09:35 AM
In as well.

RPI-Fan
09-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Is it a complicated or simple game?

If the latter, RPI-Fan in.

Neon_Chaos
09-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Murder most foul indeed.

Barkeep49
09-17-2007, 11:16 AM
This sounds like lots of fun. I'm in.

EagleFan
09-17-2007, 11:43 AM
I'll try this again...

MrBug708
09-17-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm in :)

Crim
09-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Sounds like a blast. You guys have fun, I'm gonna hafta sit this'un out. Go villagers! Or whatever passes for villagers in this game.

st.cronin
09-17-2007, 02:03 PM
I'll be the day 1 lynch.

oliegirl
09-17-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm in :)

Barkeep49
09-17-2007, 03:01 PM
I'll be the day 1 lynch.
I hadn't planned on voting for you but I appreciate your volunteering.

EagleFan
09-17-2007, 03:44 PM
vote st. cronin

not going to make that mistake again.... :D

ntndeacon
09-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Sounds fun. gonna warn folks Iwill be away from the computer all most of the weekend though.

I am moving into a new house! :D

Barkeep49
09-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Rules question:

Sleep - Pretty obvious. The character cannot defend himself against attacks, unless he has someone guarding him. If a character does not get a phase of sleep in a night, the next night he is exhausted and must sleep in both phases. Similarly, if a character sleeps in both phases, the next night he may act in both phases, because he has slept ahead.

So would the following legal actions:
Night 1 - Sleep, Sleep
Night 2 - Search, Sleep
Night 3 - Sleep, Search

I've saved up my sleep on Night 1, can use that saved action on Night 2 and then resume normal actions on the Night 3, yes?

SnDvls
09-17-2007, 04:47 PM
in

Neon_Chaos
09-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Rules question:

So would the following legal actions:
Night 1 - Sleep, Sleep
Night 2 - Search, Sleep
Night 3 - Sleep, Search

I've saved up my sleep on Night 1, can use that saved action on Night 2 and then resume normal actions on the Night 3, yes?

The way I undertand it is that you have to sleep once a night, or you can sleep 2 times in a night and not sleep the next.:

Night 1 - Sleep, Sleep (you slept both phases for the night)
Night 2 - Action, Action (You can do two actions since you slept the previous night.)

RendeR
09-17-2007, 05:57 PM
This could be downright ugly =)

VOTE STCRONIN

Seriously, is there any other way to be sure?

RPI-Fan
09-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Just to clarify... RPI-Fan IN

DaddyTorgo
09-17-2007, 08:40 PM
IN

Peregrine
09-17-2007, 09:59 PM
The way I undertand it is that you have to sleep once a night, or you can sleep 2 times in a night and not sleep the next.:

Night 1 - Sleep, Sleep (you slept both phases for the night)
Night 2 - Action, Action (You can do two actions since you slept the previous night.)

Normally your actions would be:

Night 1 - Sleep, Action
Night 2 - Action, Sleep
Night 3 - Action, Sleep

But you could also do

Night 1 - Action, Action
Night 2 - Sleep, Sleep

OR

Night 1 - Sleep, Sleep
Night 2 - Action, Action

Chief Rum
09-17-2007, 11:57 PM
nI

Alan T
09-18-2007, 07:30 AM
I'll play

Telle
09-18-2007, 02:24 PM
I'll play with the caveat that I won't be overly active until Friday. I have a big fundraising event that I'm organizing that takes place Thursday evening.. so I'll be a tad busy the next couple of days.

path12
09-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Cheerio. In.

Lathum
09-19-2007, 06:38 AM
so when are we starting?

Peregrine
09-19-2007, 06:46 AM
Well I'd like to get the full 20 players, if possible. Either way though, I'll plan to start tomorrow.

path12
09-19-2007, 09:39 AM
I just realized I've got jury duty next week. I'm going to have to bow out.

oliegirl
09-19-2007, 09:46 AM
I can play, but am moving tomorrow so I'll be busy - won't be able to check in until tomorrow late afternon/evening - and I'm swamped this weekend so I'll be in and out, not super active until after the weekend though...please note that this does NOT mean I'm a WOLF!!!!!

Alan T
09-19-2007, 10:17 AM
For some reason I was thinking this game was going to start yesterday or at latest this morning. With it not starting until tommorrow, I have a concern it will run into some conflicts I likely will have later next week.

What is the schedule for weekend play? If we play through the weekend, I likely will be ok. If we are taking the weekend off, I probably should bow out as well unfortunatly.

st.cronin
09-19-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm with Alan, if we don't play two days this weekend I'll probably have to withdraw.

Peregrine
09-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Well ideally I was going to start signups on Sunday, but I got delayed from my trip and wasn't able to. It takes a while to do the signups. I'm perfectly willing to run the game through the weekend, though I thought there were some players who were unable to do that.

ntndeacon
09-19-2007, 12:28 PM
I can play, but am moving tomorrow so I'll be busy - won't be able to check in until tomorrow late afternon/evening - and I'm swamped this weekend so I'll be in and out, not super active until after the weekend though...please note that this does NOT mean I'm a WOLF!!!!!

This will be like the week of moving! I am closing tomorrow and moving in on Sunday. :)

Barkeep49
09-19-2007, 12:53 PM
I like the idea of playing over the weekend generally speaking.

path12
09-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Well, if we're losing players I'll jump back in, I'd just be limited to night conversation.......this weekend would be fine with me also.

ntndeacon
09-19-2007, 03:25 PM
I will not be able to get to a computer at all this weekend. As long as y'all dont mind me not getting actions in or talking over the weekend I am fine with y'all playing then.

RPI-Fan
09-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Let's get this party started!