PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf LIX: Anarchy in Fairytale Land Day 4 GAME OVER SHREK WINS!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

RendeR
10-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Intrigue in Fairy Tale Land<o></o>
<o></o>
Time comes and time goes and no matter how much life changes, the land of fairy tales is always there to ground us in uplifting and entertaining stories of good and evil.<o></o>
<o></o>
Well, that’s all gotten a BIT convoluted lately. Hi there, I’m the Fairy Godparent and there is trouble afoot.<o></o>
<o></o>
See, the Dragon has been Swooping about trying to snatch away every young lovely lady he can find, because he needs the princesses under his control to secure his power. Lord Farquad, you remember him, the guy that came up a little…short…in the Shrek movie? Yeah, well he’s back and he’s a ’little’ hot under the collar. Then there are the others, tons of them, all over fairy tale land. Everyone’s running amok trying to figure out wtf is going on.<o></o>
<o></o>
And it all started with rumors that the Big Bad Wolf was back around. He had been banished for some time, but if the rumors are true, its nothing but bad news for our fairy tale friends.<o></o>
<o></o>
The 5 little pigs got together and tried to organize the populace, yes, I said 5. Apparently someone decided on a pig roast that night….We haven’t seen or heard from the surviving 3 pigs…<o></o>
<o></o>
Then blind Mice got all uppity and tried to rally people, but all they rallied was a huge round of laughter. What good could 3 blind mice do?<o></o>
<o></o>
So here’s the thing. SOMEWHERE in fairy tale land, there are some wolves, some mice and some pigs. And the regular populace wants them all found and dealt with so that some semblance of normalcy can return. The only problem with this plan is that the populace is scheming for their own ends as well.

OK! Rules are posted below, Signups will be open until Sunday Evening, latish (Not sure exactly but I'l post here when they close) First Deadline will be Monday Night.

If you have questions or coments on the rules or Informatoin regarding the game please PM me with them.
<o> </o>

RendeR
10-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Players
1. jeheinz72 - Princess buttercup - beaten to death day 3
2. PurdueBrad - Evil Mastermind
3. ntndeacon - Super Sow (Seer)
4. Anxiety - Piglet
5. Daddytorgo - Den Mother (Conversion tool) CURRENTLY LOST IN THE BOG
6. Telle - Princess Fiona
7. St.Cronin- Tinkerbelle - Killed Day 2 By crossbow Shot
8. SnDvls - Lord Farquad - Killed Day 5 By Shrek
9. Barkeep49 - Doris the Ugly Stepsister
10. Mr. Wednesday - The Dragon - Slaughtered without breaking a sweat on day 4 by Lancelot
11. Chief Rum - Sir Lancelot - Killed By a Djinni Wish day 4
12. Schmidty - Wilbur (Bodyguard)
13. Alan T - Shrek
14. Thomkal - Little Red Riding Hood - Killed Night 1 by shredding.
15. Oliegirl - Big Bad Wolf
16. Passacaglia - Dread pirate Roberts
17. Dodgerchick - Tracker(Wolf) - Killed By Knifing day 3
18. Hoopsguy - Lady Guenivere - Killed by Crossbow Day 3
19. path12 - The Black Knight - Turned into a Statue by his own foolish wish day 4

RendeR
The Rules<o></o>

Players other than the teams allowed to do so may not discuss the game in any way outside this forum thread.<o>
</o><o></o>
Deadlines and night Orders:<o></o>
We will be using the 24 hour day.<o>
</o><o></o>
Voting and action Deadlines will be 9 PM Eastern Standard Time, All voting and night orders will be accepted until precisely at 9:00 pm, anything posted or PM’d after 9:00 will not count. Deadline is set.<o></o>
<o></o>
VOTING IS NOT AN ACTION! It is required however. Any player who does not get their vote in on time will be penalized 1 action the following day. <o></o>
<o></o>
Lynches do NOT specifically reveal roles. There are a number of seer-type roles in the game, so lynching someone MAY not give away their role. There is always a chance that someone flailing fighting and whining as they are dragged of to the Bog will give something away, but don’t expect it.<o></o>
<o></o>
All Actions must be in the following format:<o></o>
<o></o>
Title: Day # or Night # Action for (player name)<o></o>
MSG: <o></o>
Move to: Location<o></o>
1: Your action <o></o>
2: List of items being used<o></o>
<o></o>
<o></o>
Example:<o></o>
Night 1 Actions for Schmidty<o></o>
Move to: Ruined Tower<o></o>
1: Kill RendeR<o></o>
2: Battle Axe. Armor, Shield<o></o>
<o></o>
Players may make 2 total actions in every 24 hour period. These actions may be PM’d to me at anytime up to the deadline. Actions will be dealt with based on the timestamps, so if you get yours in early, it will happen BEFORE someone who sends their’s in later.<o></o>
<o></o>
Please always include the list of items you are using, there is a resolution phase that I follow to settle each encounter. Players attacking and defending will see weapons, and defenses used in the event.<o></o>
<o></o>
After those items are listed you may add any questions or comments. I hope this isn’t too bothersome, but being my first GM game it’s going to assist me in keeping everything going smoothly.<o></o>
<o></o>
NOTE: Just to restate this: Actions are NOT simultaneous! I will enact each action based on the time stamp it comes in with. As I process orders anything that may or may not affect other orders will be determined chronologically, with My common sense being the final deciding point (grin)<o></o>
<o></o>
Results will be posted as soon as I can process everything and write up a small report.<o></o>
<o></o>
Moving to a new region/area is NOT an action, each player may MOVE 1 time per 24 hour day. Note that certain skills/abilities may force players to move more than 1 time, however they cannot intentionally do so. Multiple movements will take place based on my own judgment of how orders and abilities interact.<o></o>

RendeR
Roles: Any or all of the following roles MAY be in the game. Players will be notified of their roles, specific rules and winning conditions in their Private Messages.

Wolves: Big Bad, Den Mother, Tracker, Hunter, Pup(s)
Pigs: Super Sow, Wilbur, Piglet(s)
Evil Mastermind
Dragon
Lord Farquad
Little Red Riding Hood
Gingerbread Man
Pinicchio
Doris the Ugly Stepsister
Shrek
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Sir Lancelot Du Lac
Black Knight
Captain Hook
Tinkerbelle
Robin Hood
Peter Pan
Pied Piper
7 Dwarves (Happy, Bashful, Sneezy, Sleepy, Grumpy, Doc, and Dopey)
3 Bind Mice (Inken, Blinken and Nod)
Guenivere
Buttercup
Fiona
Others as needed =) Basically any Fairy tale Character, cute cartoon or Fantasy character COULD be in this game.

ITEMS
There are many itms in the game that help you attack, defend or take specific actions. The items themselves could vary from a rock or club to a full suit of shining armor or a magic wand. Actual items and their descriptions will come to you via PM. Items can be lost by death or by being lynched and thrown into the Bog of Eternal Stench. Some items are permanent and never fail, some have only a chance of working, others are one use only items. Many items are duplicated within the game, some are unique (This may or may NOT be known to the players)
Locations: Players spend each night in a location.<o></o>
<o></o>
Ruined Castle Tower: This is the home of the Dragon, every person spending the night here adds 10% chance that the Dragon will discover you and attempt to eat one of you. Dragon gets bonuses for knowing his lair better than you when fighting within his tower.<o></o>
<o></o>
Bog of Eternal Stench: This is where the Fairy Godparent sends the poor bastard that gets voted out each night. Once here a player MIGHT manage to escape with some elses help. Players held in the Bog are not dead, though while incarcerated they may not post in the discussion or vote on a lynch. If freed they regain full abilities as if they were never lynched. Players may spend the night here searching the same as the other locations.<o></o>
<o></o>
Enchanted Castle: Home to the rulers of fairy tale land, unfortunately We don’t know who lives here! Whoever wins the game takes over the Kingdom!<o></o>
<o></o>
Sherwood Forest: There is chance of each player being scared out of their wits and fleeing to another location, using up any remaining actions in the process.<o></o>
<o></o>
Mines of Moria: This place is a maze of twisting twining hole. Don’t get lost in here! (There is a chance of players getting lost and staying here the following night)

Night Actions: <o></o>
<o></o>
Search for items (1 Action): Self explanatory. Searching may or may not turn up anything useful.<o></o>
<o></o>
Attack another Player (1 Action): They may attempt to kill another player with or without a weapon. Items belonging to both players will effect the outcome. Attackers and defenders start with a base % to succeed, this is NOT 100% and attacks may simply fail on their own. An attackers total score must overcome the defenders total score. For example, john wants to kill bill, they are both buck naked. John’s score is tested, if his attack succeeds, then I test Bill’s defense. If The defender is higher, the attack fails and the target knows they were attacked and possibly by whom(not the role, just the player) If the attack fails initially then it never happened, for whatever reason John just never got a chance to try.<o></o>
<o></o>
Defend another player (1 Action): You may spend the night guarding someone of your choice. If that player is attacked the defensive total for BOTH of you will be totaled up and compared to the attackers score.<o></o>
<o></o>
Spy on another player (1 Action): A player may follow another player for the night, this may result in one or both players discovering their true identities.

<o></o>

Lathum
10-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Sadly I'll have to miss Render's maiden voyage, I have this little wedding thing coming up.

jeheinz72
10-30-2007, 02:10 PM
I'll give it a go. Can't wait to see the ruleset! I've been itching to play again after I missed these last two due to vacation...

RendeR
10-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Sadly I'll have to miss Render's maiden voyage, I have this little wedding thing coming up.

Damn man, where are your priorities???

Good luck with the wedding lathum, best to you and yours!

PurdueBrad
10-30-2007, 02:53 PM
RendeR, I'ld like to be in.

hoopsguy
10-30-2007, 03:10 PM
What is the expected start date for this?

hoopsguy
10-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Dola - I think the real reason that Lathum is skipping this one is that he has already had to play a fairy in a game of werewolf (*shudder* - thanks again for that conversion PM, Anxiety - *shudder*)

Neon_Chaos
10-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Sad to say, I will have to sit this one out as well. The last two games have been taxing for me. I am also heading out to California this Saturday for a one-week vacation with my relatives before I head back to the Philippines on the 10th.

ntndeacon
10-30-2007, 03:29 PM
I am in! Just give me an axe and call me Jack!

Telle
10-30-2007, 03:46 PM
I'll play.

sebastian0622
10-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Count me in.

Abe Sargent
10-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Dola - I think the real reason that Lathum is skipping this one is that he has already had to play a fairy in a game of werewolf (*shudder* - thanks again for that conversion PM, Anxiety - *shudder*)

Hehe.

For those unaware, hoops is referring to a game I ran where gay people were fighting against a town of fundamentals. I had a conversion, and it wasn;t THAT graphic, but let's just say that Lathum and hoops were closer than they may have wanted. ;)

Abe Sargent
10-30-2007, 04:28 PM

Do you still have it saved? I'd love to read it again. I lost all my WW stuff in teh move because it was on my work puter.

Abe Sargent
10-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Because RendeR has stated that this game will havea 24 hour clock, I'm in.

I realized afer LAthum's ;ast game that I could'nt reasonably play a nimral game of WW while trying to write stories and such. For teh foreseeable future, I suspect I'll just be playing games with the 24 hour clock.

Lathum
10-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Hehe.

For those unaware, hoops is referring to a game I ran where gay people were fighting against a town of fundamentals. I had a conversion, and it wasn;t THAT graphic, but let's just say that Lathum and hoops were closer than they may have wanted. ;)

it was horrible

Abe Sargent
10-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Besides, since RendeR's first game was one where I was GM, I figure that I should be a player in his first game as GM.

st.cronin
10-30-2007, 05:14 PM
I'll play.

Passacaglia
10-30-2007, 05:26 PM
What is the expected start date for this?

+1

path12
10-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Yup.

RendeR
10-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Weird, I've had some posts not get published today..I answered the start date question already and its not in here....

I plan to start the game Monday to give everyone a few days off, and telle is gone for the weekend. I'll send out PM's VERY late Sunday or early Monday and the first deadline will probably be Monday at 8pm EST but that is definitely subject to change up to and including monday morning.

RendeR
10-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Of course this is ENTIRELY hinged upon the current game ever freaking ending ;)

Alan T
10-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Of course this is ENTIRELY hinged upon the current game ever freaking ending ;)

I had a game last I think 13 or 14 days (including playing through the weekend) before. This one isn't that long!

Poli
10-30-2007, 05:45 PM
In.

st.cronin
10-30-2007, 05:45 PM
If Alan's game doesn't end by Christmas, I'm going to have to withdraw.

Barkeep49
10-30-2007, 05:51 PM
In though I wouldn't object to being killed early again. It's nice having a respite from WW.

Lathum
10-30-2007, 06:06 PM
If Alan's game doesn't end by Christmas, I'm going to have to withdraw.

If thats the case I can take his place

hoopsguy
10-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Do you still have it saved? I'd love to read it again. I lost all my WW stuff in teh move because it was on my work puter.

Not in my Inbox, but I believe the words were burned into my retinas so there may still be hope of retrieving it.

Mr. Wednesday
10-31-2007, 01:37 AM
In.

Chief Rum
10-31-2007, 02:46 AM
I'm in.

Schmidty
10-31-2007, 02:49 AM
I'll play if the game isn't too complicated. I'm finding that my weak intellect and inate laziness is a huge stumbling block for me when it comes to uber-intricate games.

Alan T
10-31-2007, 06:44 AM
I'll play. I'm not traveling out of town next week any longer so I'm good until November 16th!

Thomkal
10-31-2007, 07:40 AM
I suppose I should play this time. :)

Barkeep49
10-31-2007, 08:07 AM
I suppose I should play this time. :)
Happy to have you back. I hope you find the right balance, which can be so hard to strike in WW :).

Lorena
10-31-2007, 10:03 AM
Wow, this sounds awesome! I'm so, so tempted.

oliegirl
10-31-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm in...I'll be in and out during the day but wont be able to be super active...I will be around at night though.

hoopsguy
10-31-2007, 10:17 AM
Good luck with the "actions based on timestamps" aspect of this game. I really wanted to do that in my last Marvel game, but pulled it back at the last minute because of concerns around fairness between time zones. I would love to have a good example of how this can work effectively to use (steal) for future games.

ArlingtonColt
10-31-2007, 10:18 AM
Damn... that sounds fun

Barkeep49
10-31-2007, 10:30 AM
Good luck with the "actions based on timestamps" aspect of this game. I really wanted to do that in my last Marvel game, but pulled it back at the last minute because of concerns around fairness between time zones. I would love to have a good example of how this can work effectively to use (steal) for future games.
I did it in both Spawn games, and to a lesser extent in Survivor, and it seemed to work just fine.

Barkeep49
10-31-2007, 10:31 AM
Render: Do deaths reveal alignment, but not role?

RendeR
10-31-2007, 10:33 AM
Deaths reveal everything, you have the ability to really study a corpse, a living being can defend themselves better ;)

RendeR
10-31-2007, 10:36 AM
Wow, this sounds awesome! I'm so, so tempted.

C'mon DC, join up for old times sake =) The more players, the merrier the game!

RendeR
10-31-2007, 10:38 AM

I don't really think it disadvantages anyone really. most people still won't be putting in ations or votes or anything really early in the day so the west coasters will still have plenty of time to act.

Passacaglia
10-31-2007, 10:59 AM
I'll play.

path12
10-31-2007, 11:05 AM
If I place a provisional order early and then revise it later, will the original time stamp apply or the time the revision was submitted?

RendeR
10-31-2007, 11:12 AM
If I place a provisional order early and then revise it later, will the original time stamp apply or the time the revision was submitted?

This will depend on what you're revising and if anyone else put in an order that your revision would adversely effect. Case by case basis on that.

Barkeep49
10-31-2007, 11:28 AM
Deaths reveal everything, you have the ability to really study a corpse, a living being can defend themselves better ;)
So it's basically no public information on lynches?

Lorena
10-31-2007, 01:10 PM
In with a grin

RendeR
10-31-2007, 01:56 PM
So it's basically no public information on lynches?

There is a small chance that someone's identity might come out immediately during the lynch, but no, not at a rule. The reason for this is that people can come back from the Bog of Eternal Stench. There is a mechanism in place to allow those incarcerated to be freed. Once freed they are back in the game full time. While imprisoned though they canot post or vote.

There are a number of other ways for all the players to discover other people's identity also, more than 1 seer type ability, trade of information for services, etc etc.

RendeR
10-31-2007, 01:56 PM
In with a grin

YAY!

PurdueBrad
10-31-2007, 01:57 PM
trade of information for services, etc etc.

I'm not whoring myself out for information, my wife wouldn't be happy with me!

RendeR
10-31-2007, 02:08 PM

Yeah yeah, they've all said that at first, then they cave in and take the money anyway ;)

Barkeep49
10-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Ok so if you don't whore out for information what do you whore out for? Money? Taffy apples? Inquiring minds want to know.

jeheinz72
10-31-2007, 03:00 PM
Ok so if you don't whore out for information what do you whore out for? Money? Taffy apples? Inquiring minds want to know.

My bet is alcohol.

path12
10-31-2007, 03:19 PM

Attention.

hoopsguy
11-01-2007, 09:53 AM
If you are still taking sign-ups I'll give this one a go. I was waiting to hear how far back my business trip was being pushed back before signing up. Looks like I'm in the clear for next week.

PurdueBrad
11-01-2007, 10:17 AM

I only whore myself out for whatever my wife tells me to. She pimps me out...which explains why we are still poor!

RendeR
11-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Signups are open until Sunday evening (I'm going to the Bengals/Bills game and Telle is out of town until late sunday also) So anyone that wants in SIGN UP!

RendeR
11-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Signups are hereby closed. PM's will be going out over the next hours or so, depending on how much time my children allow me =)

Please do not post anything until I post that all PMs are out.

Thank you for Flying RendeR's Fairy Tales Airlines.

RendeR
11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
The dawn breaks upon our favorite fairy tale characters all collected in a big open prarie. Everyone looks at each other going "WTF??" Not really sure why you're all standing there with your mouths open, you all mill about and chit chat.
Day 1 has begun, deadline is 9PM EST.

The game is afoot!

RendeR
11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
OH, BTW...all the PMs are out, have at it!

Lathum
11-04-2007, 09:49 PM
villager checking in

Lathum
11-04-2007, 09:50 PM
just kidding

path12
11-04-2007, 09:53 PM
I thought I signed up but don't seem to be on the list.

st.cronin
11-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Yup.

Yeah.

Thomkal
11-04-2007, 10:06 PM
normal everyday resident of fairytale land here...though I'm not sure anyone in fairytale land could be called normal. See ya in the morning. :)
Hey Render, when is the deadline? I'm seeing conflicting (8 and 9pm) in the thread.

RendeR
11-04-2007, 10:09 PM
I thought I signed up but don't seem to be on the list.

Oh shit. I am very sorry path, I think I mistook your "yup" for a response to someone else instead of the signup that it obviously was at the time.

The good thing is You're in the game. I have spare roles for just this situation!

Thankfully every player has their own victory conditions.

Your PM is forthcoming!.

THE DEADLINE IS 9PM EST, I will pdate the Rules listing!

path12
11-04-2007, 10:16 PM
[B][COLOR=Purple] Oh shit. I am very sorry path, I think I mistook your "yup" for a response to someone else instead of the signup that it obviously was at the time.

Great! Sorry, should have been more clear. Thanks!

RendeR
11-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Ok, everyone now has their roles. Please PM me with questions, clarifications or obvious errors I may have made thus far =)

I'll be heading to bed soon so if I don't get back to you tonight I will try to get you a response asap tomorrow.

Let the inanity begin!

Abe Sargent
11-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Evening all.

RendeR, I have some questions. We have wolves, mive and pigs. Are each of these their own factions with distinct winnign conditions at odds with everybody else, are some our allies, how does this work?

Chief Rum
11-05-2007, 01:05 AM
I am a villager.

And, shock of shocks, I will be out all day tomorrow, as usual (Tuesday as well, although I will check in late like normal on both nights).

So I have to put in a vote now. This is your normal Day One vote. I have no reason for throwing it out there beyond randomness, or maybe a little past game experience. Anyone following my vote without good reason should, IMO, be looked at with strong suspicion.

VOTE TELLE

No real reason except I have it on good authority she's sleeping with the moderator.

Alan T
11-05-2007, 05:35 AM
Checking in as well..

I'll second this post:

Evening all.

RendeR, I have some questions. We have wolves, mive and pigs. Are each of these their own factions with distinct winnign conditions at odds with everybody else, are some our allies, how does this work?

Curious how it works. I'm a good character from various fairy tales, but not sure how it works all together.

Poli
11-05-2007, 05:42 AM
VOTE jeheinz72

No reason, he's just first on the list.

Barkeep49
11-05-2007, 05:51 AM
You all should know AE wanted to vote for JH so much that he tried to do it six times.

Passacaglia
11-05-2007, 06:08 AM
Hey RendeR, do you have to be purple? That looks awful against my skin. If you really want to keep that color, it's not a big deal -- I'll just highlight your text so I can read it.

Anyway, my actuarial exam is this morning, so I probably won't be here until this evening, and even then, I'll be focused on trying to see how well I did on it.

oliegirl
11-05-2007, 06:15 AM
Checking in...I'm a villager, as always...I'll be able to check in at some point during the day, but won't be able to do much posting until later tonight b/c of my job.

Go Villagers!

hoopsguy
11-05-2007, 06:42 AM
Well I was hoping for either Gingerbread Man or Dread Pirate Roberts, but no such luck. However, I do have a role that falls under "good".

Based on my PM I know of a couple of other roles that will be in the game as well, which may prove to be helpful if/when we are trying to validate someone's reveal.

Barkeep49
11-05-2007, 06:43 AM
Taking a look at the roles and rules, I think there's a strong case to be made that we have multiple factions beyond villagers/wolves. How this will effect gameplay I'm not so sure. I feel like there's an awful lot we don't know, like what items are in the game or what they do, to name one example.

Barkeep49
11-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Well I was hoping for either Gingerbread Man or Dread Pirate Roberts, but no such luck. However, I do have a role that falls under "good".

Based on my PM I know of a couple of other roles that will be in the game as well, which may prove to be helpful if/when we are trying to validate someone's reveal.
The Gingerbread Man interrogation is my favorite scene in the Shrek trilogy.

Lorena
11-05-2007, 07:40 AM
This is gonna take some getting used to, but I'm here and in receipt of my PM.

PurdueBrad
11-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Good guy checking in. Looking over the rules again, wow, lots of action each night it seems like.

RendeR
11-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Evening all.

There are the obvious factions that are shown in the rules. Everyone in the game has a winning condition for themselves. Some more clear than others. If you have questions on your specific winning condition please PM me.

If your role has allies or other roles they need to interact with speifically you were informed of such in your initial PM, beyond that you're on your own =)

You may well find that some roles are definitely helpful to other roles within the game mechanics themselves, but this is something you must puzzle out or yourselves!

I'll switch to RED for my GM posts. Let me know if that color is problematic!

Thomkal
11-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Just popping in to say that I may be busy this morning/afternoon, so may not be around much till later.

Oh and a just for fun day 1 vote:

VOTE ALAN T

for "dragging" me back into these crazy games. :) Will change my vote if people start piling on.

PurdueBrad
11-05-2007, 08:27 AM
I'll throw my day one vote out there...for now:

vote Hoopsguy because we always seem to be on the opposite side!

Lorena
11-05-2007, 08:45 AM
I'll vote based on who hasn't checked in... so later today probably.

jeheinz72
11-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Villager here, and thanks for the vote AE...not.

Note to self, never sign up first again!

I'll be around all day until about 6 PM ET, I'll vote later.

st.cronin
11-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Vote ardent enthusiast

No reason, he's just first on my list.

Alan T
11-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Just popping in to say that I may be busy this morning/afternoon, so may not be around much till later.

Oh and a just for fun day 1 vote:

VOTE ALAN T

for "dragging" me back into these crazy games. :) Will change my vote if people start piling on.

Well, I guess I don't mind an early vote if it means you're playing again. Good to have you back :)

Alan T
11-05-2007, 10:46 AM
So Ardent's morning reminds me of the WW game where Jeeber was boxed mid-game and disappeard suddenly. I am guessing that we will be losing Ardent from this game because of Pollpalooza 2007 :(

Alan T
11-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Based on this link:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/showthread.php?t=61903

I'm guessing Ardent won't be around much for the rest of this game.. so assuming he'll be inactive, I'll be voting for him today at least unless/until something else pops up

Vote Ardent

Lorena
11-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Uhh... what'd I miss?

Alan T
11-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Uhh... what'd I miss?

Ardent was having a little fun with the fact there were like 8-10 polls on the front page of the general discussion forum, so he added a few more (1 for like every upcoming top 25 college game for this week) :)

The polls currently up there didn't bother me much, and I laughed at Ardent's posting... but either way, the forum is serious business :) In order to not drive the conversation about that poll stuff into this game, there are a few threads in GD about it now that Ardent's polls were removed... Im simply voting him as I'm doubting he will be around this game so if I don't know who is bad I'll at least vote for someone who will be inactive.

oliegirl
11-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Ardent was having a little fun with the fact there were like 8-10 polls on the front page of the general discussion forum, so he added a few more (1 for like every upcoming top 25 college game for this week) :)

The polls currently up there didn't bother me much, and I laughed at Ardent's posting... but either way, the forum is serious business :) In order to not drive the conversation about that poll stuff into this game, there are a few threads in GD about it now that Ardent's polls were removed... Im simply voting him as I'm doubting he will be around this game so if I don't know who is bad I'll at least vote for someone who will be inactive.

Was he boxed for the polls? Or are you just assuming that he's going to be inactive? Or are you a wolf trying to get us to bandwagon on someone day 1????

Lorena
11-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Was he boxed for the polls? Or are you just assuming that he's going to be inactive? Or are you a wolf trying to get us to bandwagon on someone day 1????

Heh, out of everyone playing this thing I seriously doubt he'll come out and say, "Hey guys, I'm a wolf!"

I hope AE comes back and is just taking a bit of a break to cool down.

Lorena
11-05-2007, 11:15 AM
and for the record, AE is not boxed, he's an "FOFC Survivor".

Alan T
11-05-2007, 11:19 AM

As far as I know he's not boxed.. but he posted saying he's done on FOFC for a while. All of that aside, I usually on day 1 like to vote for someone who is quiet, inactive or not going to likely participate. Often waiting till the end to see who doesn't show up. We've lucked into a wolf a few times that way, and worst case end up removing a good guy who isn't going to likely be around to use their role (if they have one) anyways.

If I had to choose between two people:

A) Player that may be bad or may be good and likely will be around posting in the thread, giving us clues to trap them or others with (if they are bad), or using their role (if they are good), and participating in the discussion

or

B) Player that may be bad or may be good, but won't be around much or hasn't shown to be around much so far, leaving us nothing to go on for them but doubt for 5-6 days that they are Under the radar

I'll almost always pick B. We've seen time and time again that the only days people usually hunt out Under the Radar people consistantly is days 1 and 2. After that people's votes are often reactions to events that have happened in the game and their interpretation of those events (either good or bad). The only times past the first 2 (or maybe 3) days that people really go after Under the Radar folks is when the collective mass runs into a wall and has no clue whatsoever whom to vote for.. and suddenly its reconsideration of UtR folks.

So considering its day 1, I much prefer my approach to randomly using Random.org, or picking from a list. I don't know if ardent is good or bad, but if he is good I figure he won't be around to use the role anyways.

Alan T
11-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Heh, out of everyone playing this thing I seriously doubt he'll come out and say, "Hey guys, I'm a wolf!"

I hope AE comes back and is just taking a bit of a break to cool down.

Yeah, I am guessing he just posted the polls this morning for fun (I laughed at them at least), but then the reaction others had got him upset and he took off before getting in more trouble.

I'm hoping he'll be around again, but guess it wont be for a few days/week or so.

Abe Sargent
11-05-2007, 11:26 AM

That's funny!!! Did he remove the polls or were they removed for him by others?

PurdueBrad
11-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Alan, after reading through everything, it makes sense plus it kind of gives AE an out.

unvote Hoopsguy

vote Ardent Enthusiast

Alan T
11-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Alan, after reading through everything, it makes sense plus it kind of gives AE an out.

unvote Hoopsguy

vote Ardent Enthusiast

I've played in enough WW games and participated in enough other threads on these forums with AE to safely say that I highly doubt AE did all of that this morning on that forum to have an out here in this WW game. I don't think we have any better chance of getting a wolf voting for AE in this game than we do randomly voting for anyone else.. plus AE has admitted getting more into "better" roles in WW in the past..

My guess is that AE is probably a good character from a fairy tale without much of an ability.

Barkeep49
11-05-2007, 12:15 PM
My guess is that AE could have any role under the sun. Good character without much of an ability is the most likely but I do like the inactive D1 vote. I'm a little concerned about it being a run-away vote but we're not there yet, though one could argue my vote will tip in that direction. So I would like to vote AE but am holding off for now in hopes a second viable candidate emerges.

SnDvls
11-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Render if you need a replacement for AE I'll take it...however I won't be able to play over the weekend (Friday Night to Sunday mid day)

let me know ASAP so I can start saving my butt

PM Also sent to you as well

path12
11-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Just catching up, I'm up to my eyelets in work right now. Didn't see the AE/poll thing (haven't been on GD yet today), but if he doesn't show up today then I'm willing to vote that way. I'll check back in a bit later.

ntndeacon
11-05-2007, 12:32 PM
I am here as well. Don't know who to vote for, but I imagine it will be someone without a vote as is my norm.

Lorena
11-05-2007, 12:33 PM
i hate runaway votes too. The following people have not checked in:

sebastian0622
telle
schmidty
mr. wednesday
ntndeacon

oliegirl
I'm fine with voting for AE based on his inactivity, though given what happened over on GD, I also would be fine with giving him another day to chill out and join the party...I'll vote with the village either way and hope we are getting a wolf...

Lorena
i hate runaway votes too. The following people have not checked in:

sebastian0622
telle
schmidty
mr. wednesday
ntndeacon

whoops, check that

sebastian0622
telle
schmidty
mr. wednesday

RendeR
11-05-2007, 01:11 PM
I will PM AE directly and see what he has to say. If he doesn't respond by evening you can certainly vote him off. Remember that doesn't remove him from the game entirely, he can be sprung from the bog of eternal stench if that player so chooses.

But in the event that he is ust cooling of, its a good way for him to stay available.

Sndvls: If AE tells me he's not going to continue playing I'll send you his initial PM.

Mr. Wednesday
11-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Checking in.

SnDvls
11-05-2007, 01:17 PM
No offense RendeR, but if I don't have at least a chance to defend myself/AE before being voted off I really don't want to play a "what if" type role. So thanks anyway.

Mr. Wednesday
11-05-2007, 01:20 PM
I will withhold voting pending a determination as to ardent's disposition.

RendeR
11-05-2007, 01:21 PM
No offense RendeR, but if I don't have at least a chance to defend myself/AE before being voted off I really don't want to play a "what if" type role. So thanks anyway.

Lynching does not end the game for a player in this one SnDvls, its like getting sent to the jail square in Monopoly, you can get out if another player assists you.

Your call. I appreciate you offering though.

SnDvls
11-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Lynching does not end the game for a player in this one SnDvls, its like getting sent to the jail square in Monopoly, you can get out if another player assists you.

Your call. I appreciate you offering though.

I understand, but it would be a wasted day on my part as the vote is pretty much headed to a runaway. If AE doesn't come back he's gone and is just a wasted role IMO good or bad and won't be participating.

I understand you wanting to touch base with him and as GM that is your choice I'm just not interested in taking over after the vote as I'd still be stuck in a "what if" situation. With day one actions or inaction in this case being so critical in WW games it's not a spot I'm interested in starting from.

If you wish we can take this to PM to keep the game clutter free

Passacaglia
11-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Back from my exam.

path12
11-05-2007, 02:07 PM
If SnDvls wants to play, I'd avoid voting AE and go for another person who hasn't checked in yet......

Passacaglia
11-05-2007, 02:07 PM
If we don't want an AE runaway, let's make this thing a race.

VOTE ALAN T

Passacaglia
11-05-2007, 02:08 PM
If SnDvls wants to play, I'd avoid voting AE and go for another person who hasn't checked in yet......

That works, too. I voted for Alan T just because he was the only guy with a vote.

Barkeep49
11-05-2007, 02:10 PM
I'd much rather not vote off Alan T just because.

Passacaglia
11-05-2007, 02:19 PM

Then read the rest of the sentence!

Alan T
11-05-2007, 02:22 PM

Well it would allow me to have more time to sit in boring conference calls at work and actually pay attention as opposed to reading here... so there is an upside to it :)

*shrug* its day 1, I don't mind getting votes. If people would rather vote off someone who will be active in discussions and contribute the whole time over someone who either hasn't checked in, won't be around or likely hiding Under the radar the entire time (not saying this is AE, there are plenty of people who have not checked in yet).. then well thats your choice, and everyone can look at your later motivation for doing so. :)

I've been voted off plenty of times as a good guy before, and figure I will be again in the future. Someone has to go at day 1. I would prefer it not be me though, since I haven't played in WW for a few weeks, and with the holidays coming won't get to play for a while longer after this either. Its your choice though, vote as you wish :)

I'm heading out though for a while to run some errands and take care of things. May or may not be back before deadline though.

RendeR
11-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Everyone please note that being lynched does NOT mean you are out of the game. There are mechanics in place that allow lynched players to return to full playing status.

The bog of eternal stench IS a nast place, but its not the end of the world ;)

Schmidty
11-05-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm here. I'm queer. Get used to it.

SnDvls
11-05-2007, 02:43 PM
FYI - if AE doesn't return I will be taking his place bog or no bog please do not let that effect your vote...thanks

Schmidty
11-05-2007, 02:49 PM
FYI - if AE doesn't return I will be taking his place bog or no bog please do not let that effect your vote...thanks

VOTE SNDVLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j/k

RendeR
11-05-2007, 02:53 PM
AE got back to me just now and will not be returning to the game. Everyone Please welcome SnDvls to the game taking over the Role AE held previously.

jeheinz72
11-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Ok, self-preservationalist question here...does AE"s vote for me stand?Though I imagine either way Sndvls would want to change it, what with the deductive reasoning of my being first to sign up and all...

RendeR
11-05-2007, 02:59 PM
AE's vote is null and void as of right now, SnDvls will be expected to vote on his own.

SnDvls
11-05-2007, 03:01 PM
I know it's been stated, but just to make it official and clear to everyone
unvote jeheinz72

thanks RendeR

SnDvls
11-05-2007, 03:18 PM
based on this post I can assume Alan will be removing his vote on me

Based on this link:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/showthread.php?t=61903

I'm guessing Ardent won't be around much for the rest of this game.. so assuming he'll be inactive, I'll be voting for him today at least unless/until something else pops up

Vote Ardent

so to put a vote back on the person who just did a vote on my alter ego I'll VOTE PurdueBrad

RendeR
11-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Clarification: A couple folks have PM'd me about where you start out from. Everyone starts out in the central prairieland which is central to all 5 locations. once everyone moves the Prairie goes *POOF* and you just have the 5 spots to travel in and around.

Sorry if that was unclear!

Schmidty
11-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Vote hoopsguy

Why? Because I have no reason!!!!!!! And neither do any of you!!!!!!!!

Barkeep49
11-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Vote hoopsguy

Why? Because I have no reason!!!!!!! And neither do any of you!!!!!!!!
I don't like excessive exclamation marks. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Vote Schmidty

Abe Sargent
11-05-2007, 04:02 PM
That's dumb. VOTE BARKEEP

path12
11-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Strange retaliation.

VOTE ANXIETY

Barkeep49
11-05-2007, 04:11 PM
That's dumb. VOTE BARKEEP
Man you wouldn't think so if you had to work with elementary school teachers who feel that the exclamation mark deserves more usage than a period. Granted many of them are quite bubbly people but the exclamation mark should be cherished and used sparingly and these teachers bang away at it like they're a two buck whore.

Barkeep49
11-05-2007, 04:11 PM
DOLA : IT shoudl also be noted that it was in response to Schmdity claiming no one had a reason. So I gave a reason alright :)

jeheinz72
11-05-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm going for a not yet checked-in person. Since I know Sebs, I'll give him a mulligan and...

Vote Telle

I'm outtie in about 45 minutes, unlikely to return by deadline. Open to change, if someone has an actual reason to...

Passacaglia
11-05-2007, 04:19 PM
I love exclamation points!

Thomkal
11-05-2007, 04:24 PM
back briefly, but will be away again for an hour or more, sorry.
Glad to have you in the game SnDvls.

And as I said, my vote on Alan was a joke, so I certainly won't be keeping it on him.

UNVOTE ALAN T

path12
11-05-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm going for a not yet checked-in person. Since I know Sebs, I'll give him a mulligan and...

Any idea if he's planning on showing up at some point?

jeheinz72
11-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Any idea if he's planning on showing up at some point?

Honestly, nothing concrete either way, but from what I know of him from various leagues he's a pretty reliable guy. I'll ping him right now in fact.

Telle
11-05-2007, 04:48 PM
VOTE TELLE

No real reason except I have it on good authority she's sleeping with the moderator.

Oh you're just jealous :)

VOTE CHIEF RUM

Basic retaliation vote.

jeheinz72
11-05-2007, 04:51 PM
UNVOTE TELLE

She checked in...gotta decide in 9 minutes who now...

Lorena
11-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Honestly, nothing concrete either way, but from what I know of him from various leagues he's a pretty reliable guy. I'll ping him right now in fact.

Okay, I thought this sort of thing wasn't allowed? I got voted off because I "reminded" daddytorgo to check in... just sayin'.

Alan T
11-05-2007, 04:54 PM
based on this post I can assume Alan will be removing his vote on me

so to put a vote back on the person who just did a vote on my alter ego I'll VOTE PurdueBrad

Yep, as long as doing so won't put me in risk of being lynched myself, I'll be doing as I said before and going after someone who either hasn't checked in or hasn't put in much.

If moving my vote off you puts me at risk of lynch however, I'll keep it there until that changes, after all better you than me :)

Alan T
11-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Dola, does anyone have a vote count? I just got home and am going to be tied up a bit doing chores. If not, then I'll figure one out in an hour or so.

jeheinz72
11-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Okay, I thought this sort of thing wasn't allowed? I got voted off because I "reminded" daddytorgo to check in... just sayin'.

Oh really? If so, my bad, I had no idea. If people want to vote me out (I already sent it, otherwise I just wouldn't) then I understand, but honestly, I had no idea.

jeheinz72
11-05-2007, 05:01 PM
In following the last few games, I've never understood with CR is always left hanging around. It's as if because he's gone people forget he's an option. Eventually, it's going to bite the village

Vote Chief Rum

Lorena
11-05-2007, 05:03 PM
I have a ton of stuff to do now that I'm home, so I'm gonna:

vote jeheinz72

I'm out for a while.

RendeR
11-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Current vote count (please let me know if I missed anything)

Telle - 1 Chief Rum(73)
Alan T - 1 Passacaglia(118)
Hoopsguy - 2 PurdueBrad(86) Schmidty(132)
PurdueBrad - 1 SnDvls(131)
Schmidty - 1 barkeep49(133)
Barkeep49 - 1 Anxiety(134)
Anxiety - 1 path12(135)
Chief Rum - 2 Telle(144) Jeheinz72(150)
Jejeinz72 - 1 Dodgerchick(151)

Alan T
11-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Well, last person to check in is Sebastian. I'll go that way like I mentioned before

Vote Sebastian

PurdueBrad
11-05-2007, 05:27 PM
unvote AE

PurdueBrad
11-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Hehe, make that

unvote Hoopsguy

Where's RendeR, why can't I vote for RendeR, that's always fun!

PurdueBrad
11-05-2007, 05:30 PM
vote Alan T just 'cuz and only for now.

Alan T
11-05-2007, 05:31 PM
vote Alan T just 'cuz and only for now.

This makes no sense to me. Only for now? Until when? 7:30? 8:45? :)

PurdueBrad
11-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Hehe, I was thinking until about 5:47 CST.

PurdueBrad
11-05-2007, 05:34 PM
And for the good nature you showed with my vote, I will move it at 5:47 because only another fairy tale person could be so good natured!

ntndeacon
11-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Vote Chief Rum

oliegirl
11-05-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm torn on who to vote for now. As a general rule I don't like to move my vote but don't feel right voting for sndvls at this point. I'm on my phone so I have limited capabilites, I will officially move it later and will most likely move it to another player who has been absent or quiet today.

SnDvls
11-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Well, last person to check in is Sebastian. I'll go that way like I mentioned before

Vote Sebastian

I don't think you unvoted me/Ardent before this FYI so it might not be valid

PurdueBrad
11-05-2007, 05:40 PM
I think all of the AE votes were simply cancelled out

SnDvls
11-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Hehe, make that

unvote Hoopsguy

Where's RendeR, why can't I vote for RendeR, that's always fun!

actually your post prior to this was correct as you had already unvoted hoopsguy.

SnDvls
11-05-2007, 05:42 PM
I think all of the AE votes were simply cancelled out

ah would make some sence although I read RendeR's post as the vote AE made was invalid, but all the other votes would be transfered to me...either way I seem to be semi ok.

Barkeep49
11-05-2007, 05:44 PM
unvote Schmidty
Vote sebastian

I like killing those who don't check in.

PurdueBrad
11-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Alright, 5:47 it is and I'll vote for as good a reason as any:

unvote Alan T

vote SnDvls just 'cause he's got his vote on me.

BTW, not only no RendeR to vote for, but no NeonChaos either!

Alan T
11-05-2007, 05:49 PM
I don't think you unvoted me/Ardent before this FYI so it might not be valid

According to Render's vote count, I hadn't placed a vote. I think he just removed all votes involving AE.

SnDvls
11-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Alright, 5:47 it is and I'll vote for as good a reason as any:

unvote Alan T

vote SnDvls just 'cause he's got his vote on me.

BTW, not only no RendeR to vote for, but no NeonChaos either!

boy you and JHeinz were all over the place today

RendeR
11-05-2007, 05:51 PM
All votes ON Ardent or BY Ardent have been nullified. They never happened and *I* was never here....

SnDvls
11-05-2007, 05:52 PM
unvote Purdue Brad
vote Sebastian

CR won't be here today as stated in prior post...Seb hasn't check in

SnDvls
11-05-2007, 05:53 PM
I am a villager.

And, shock of shocks, I will be out all day tomorrow, as usual (Tuesday as well, although I will check in late like normal on both nights).

So I have to put in a vote now. This is your normal Day One vote. I have no reason for throwing it out there beyond randomness, or maybe a little past game experience. Anyone following my vote without good reason should, IMO, be looked at with strong suspicion.

VOTE TELLE

here's his original quote....if he goes down I'll be looking at those who voted for him first tomorrow.

SnDvls
11-05-2007, 05:54 PM
dola - Telle gets a slim pass as that vote is just a payback vote

SnDvls
11-05-2007, 05:57 PM
here's my vote count then

Telle - Chief Rum (73)
JHeinz - Dodger Chick (151)
Alan - Pass (118)
Hoops - Schmidty (133)
SnDvls - PurdueBrad (167)
Barkeep - Anxiety (135)
Chief Rum - Telle (144), JHeinz(150) NTN (160)
Sebas - Alan (153), Barkeep (166), SnDvls (171)

RendeR
11-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Updated Vote Count As of 7pm EST post # 172

Telle - 1 Chief Rum(73)
Hoopsguy - 1 Schmidty(132)
Anxiety - 1 path12(135)
Chief Rum - 3 Telle(144) Jeheinz72(150) NtnDeacon(160)
Jejeinz72 - 1 Dodgerchick(151)
Sebastian0622 - 3 Alan T(153) barkeep49(166) SnDvls(171)
SnDvls - 1 PurdueBrad(169)

Lorena
11-05-2007, 06:02 PM
well since sebastian hasn't checked in:

unvote jejeniz72
vote sebastian0622

path12
11-05-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm out soon until after deadline most likely. In keeping with my basic WW philosophy,

UNVOTE ANXIETY
VOTE SEBASTIAN

Hope you try again sometime......but you gotta check in, man.

Passacaglia
11-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Is Sebastian new? I don't recall playing with him.

path12
11-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Dola....sometime=next game. It's not like you've gotta sit out or anything. ;)

Lorena
11-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Is Sebastian new? I don't recall playing with him.

I'm assuming he is, I haven't played with him either.

Thomkal
11-05-2007, 06:13 PM
VOTE ST. CRONIN

Why you ask? Because he's been quieter than even me today. Okay I have no real reason just had to vote for someone.

Thomkal
11-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Reading the rules and such over again, and it looks like its going to be a wild night in Fairyland. Should we be talking strategy for where to go tonight or a bit too late for that?

Telle
11-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Ok, I'm heading off to put the little ones to bed. Most likely I will not make it back before deadline.. and this will be typical throughout the game Mondays through Thursdays.

Alan T
11-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Reading the rules and such over again, and it looks like its going to be a wild night in Fairyland. Should we be talking strategy for where to go tonight or a bit too late for that?

I am having a bit of a problem figuring what type of strategy we would work on right now. I don't have a full grasp of how the night kill action works other than it seems the rule hints at it happening during the day along with everything else. Without understanding how that action works and what impact being in different rooms at night has, I don't know that we can strategize about alot just yet.

I think I can give back a little information to help out though.. I already submitted my day actions and got a PM back instantly, so I assume others have done the same. There hasn't been any note of anyone dying or anything yet, so not sure if attacks happen immediately or if they are reported at the end of the day though.

One question I have for Render though.. lets say hypothetically today I searched for an item and hypothetically found a weapon of some sort... I don't have any attack action as part of my role, now that I have a weapon can I have an attack action tommorrow? The rules were a bit unclear for me on that.. can everyone attack as an action during the day with or without a weapon? Or even with a weapon do I still not have the action to attack if my initial PM doesn't state it?

st.cronin
11-05-2007, 06:55 PM
VOTE HOOPSGUY

If he's a wolf: Woo hoo, good guess.
If he's a villager: Then we finally lynched his arrogant ass as a villager.

RendeR
11-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Updated vote count as of 8pm EST and post #185

Telle - 1 Chief Rum(73)
Hoopsguy - 2 Schmidty(132) St. Cronin(185)
St Cronin - 1 Thomkal(181)
SnDvls - 1 PurdueBrad(169)
Chief Rum - 3 Telle(144) Jeheinz72(150) NtnDeacon(160)
Sebastian0622 - 5 Alan T(153) barkeep49(166) SnDvls(171) path12(135) Dodgerchick(151)

Alan t: Anyone can try to kill another player with or without a weapon (see the actions section of the rules) simply state as one of your actions that you wish to kill player X and list what items you will use in the attempt.

Mr. Wednesday
11-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Why is it a good thing to finally lynch his arrogant ass as a villager? :p

With only an hour left and still no check-in, I'll vote for Sebastian. I may or may not be back before deadline to alter that vote; if he should check in and I get back on before deadline, I'll vote someone else.

VOTE Sebastian0622

PurdueBrad
11-05-2007, 07:13 PM
I'll follow suit, particularly I thought I had seen him check in before but that was somebody else. So, to continue my trend of being all over the place:

unvote Sundevils
vote Sebastian

Thomkal
11-05-2007, 07:15 PM
I am having a bit of a problem figuring what type of strategy we would work on right now. I don't have a full grasp of how the night kill action works other than it seems the rule hints at it happening during the day along with everything else. Without understanding how that action works and what impact being in different rooms at night has, I don't know that we can strategize about alot just yet.

I think I can give back a little information to help out though.. I already submitted my day actions and got a PM back instantly, so I assume others have done the same. There hasn't been any note of anyone dying or anything yet, so not sure if attacks happen immediately or if they are reported at the end of the day though.

Yeah I agree with you Alan. There's a lot of unknown with this game with the 2 different actions, no defined roles, etc. So people are just waiting to see what happens tonight so they get a better idea of how things work. Tomorrow I think there's going to be a lot of information out there to evaluate, so probably best to wait till then to really get into the game. I was just hoping someone else would have a better grasp on things than I do at the moment. :)

Barkeep49
11-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Well the vote on sebastain was easy but in this game I don't think that means jack.

oliegirl
11-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Well, I'm finally home and have real internet access...looks like my vote for AE was wiped out...

I've never played with Sebastian before and am kind of wary of jumping on that bandwagon. Cronin has been especially quiet today which makes me very nervous, so I'm going to follow my gut and place my vote there.

Vote St. Cronin

SnDvls
11-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Well the vote on sebastain was easy but in this game I don't think that means jack.

and as RendeR has said he's not dead just in the Bog so hopefully he shows up.

Abe Sargent
11-05-2007, 07:45 PM
quiet night

hoopsguy
11-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Cronin, I apologize for being an arrogant villager. Please don't kill me. I would use a couple of exclamation points here, but I've heard those are not too popular in these here parts.

Time to take a look at the latest vote counts and arguments ...

RendeR
11-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Just to clarify this:

Moving and Voting are not actions

You get Two(2) actions each 24 hour day. I've received a few PM's for actions with only 1 action in them.

hoopsguy
11-05-2007, 07:47 PM
And upon further review it looks like a landslide on Sebastian - anyone want to put a percentage on how likely he is to be a wolf? I'll say pretty low ...

I'll vote back because Cronin at least offers some possibility of an alternate candidate with this as the third vote on him.

VOTE ST.CRONIN

hoopsguy
11-05-2007, 08:02 PM
I guess deadline? Just realized it was EST.

RendeR
Deadline

RendeR
Results for everyone and PMs will be up/out shortly.

hoopsguy
11-05-2007, 08:30 PM
(twiddles thumbs)

path12
11-05-2007, 08:31 PM
(watches hoopsguy twiddle thumbs)

Alan T
(twiddles thumbs)

(hands hoopsguy a chinese finger puzzle)

path12
I hate those things.

Lorena
11-05-2007, 08:32 PM
*challenges path12 to a game of rock paper scissors*

path12
11-05-2007, 08:34 PM
*challenges path12 to a game of rock paper scissors*

OK! One.....two......three......

path12
Paper!

Lorena
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:9fxdGqUp_1nzlM:http://www.freetoplay.org/forums/images/smilies/rock.gif

Lorena
aww crap

path12
Woo-hoo!

Lorena
11-05-2007, 08:35 PM
one, two, three

path12
Do you have icons for each one?

Lorena
scissors!

Lorena
let me see if i could find some i just found rock

path12
11-05-2007, 08:36 PM
scissors!

You won that round, I tried paper again and it said that I had already posted that in the last five minutes.

hoopsguy
11-05-2007, 08:36 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:9fxdGqUp_1nzlM:http://www.freetoplay.org/forums/images/smilies/rock.gif

Good old rock.

path12
11-05-2007, 08:37 PM
I read somewhere that you'll win a slight majority of the time picking paper.

RendeR
11-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Final Night 1 vote Count:

Telle (1) - Chief Rum(73)
Alan T (1) - Passacaglia(118)
Hoopsguy (2) - Schmidty(132) St. Cronin(185)
Barkeep49 (1) - Anxiety(134)
St Cronin (3) - Thomkal(181) Oliegirl(191) Hoopsguy(196)
Chief Rum (3) - Telle(144) Jeheinz72(150) NtnDeacon(160)
Sebastian0622 (7) - Alan T(153) barkeep49(166) SnDvls(171) path12(135) Dodgerchick(151) Mr.Wednesday(187) PurdueBrad(188)

The day goes by as you all head off in different directions. Everyone eyeing everyone else suspiciously. You come to the conclusion that Sebastian is either asleep or drugged or...well..something because he doesn't respond to anything. He even hangs limply as you all decide to toss him in the Bog of Eternal Stench.

You can't decide exactly WHAT Sebastion is, just that he's non responsive.

Afterwards you hear screaming from Sherwood Forest! As everyone collects to see what happened you notice Thomkal is missing, well...not really all of him is missing....There is a lot of blood on the path to grandmother's house wait...no thats not all blood, part of it is a bright red riing hood....Thomkal's body parts are strewn everywhere (including some lace panties Red should have been ashamed of!) Little Red Riding Hood is DEAD!

PM's are out, if you didn't get one or have questions PM me back!

Day 1 is over, Day 2 has begun, DEADLINE 9PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME!

hoopsguy
11-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Egads! I've spotted a green, tentacled alien in our midst! I feel sorry for the person who got stuck with that as their FairyLand role :)

hoopsguy
11-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Thomkal plays something like once a quarter, and has been a Night 1 kill in at least two of his last three games (this and Tombstone).

hoopsguy
11-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Dola (might get this in, based on the lack of post-result posting at the moemnt) -

I might as well have not submitted actions for how little I learned. Bah.

Abe Sargent
11-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Damn, sucks. No way I woulda have killed him for just that reason. That's ugly.

Abe Sargent
11-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Dola (might get this in, based on the lack of post-result posting at the moemnt) -

I might as well have not submitted actions for how little I learned. Bah.

I went somewhere very dangerous and find an item;)

RendeR
11-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Just a little personal commentary:

I'm really impressed with how well some of you guys have run games in the past. I dealt with nearly 150 PM's bothing sending and receiving since last night. WOW. I hope I didn't screw anyone's info up, if you have questions definitely let me know!

Also as someone noted earlier. If you get your actions in to me before the deadline (anytime before) and based on them I see that they aren't going to efect anyone else (go here, search twice, type of things) I will process tem and get your PM back to you earlier than the deadline. You are free to use any and all items/info you get in those PMs the same day.

Been very interesting to see how everyone does things so far =) I hope you're enjoying yourselves!

Alan T
11-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Just a little personal commentary:

I'm really impressed with how well some of you guys have run games in the past. I dealt with nearly 150 PM's bothing sending and receiving since last night. WOW. I hope I didn't screw anyone's info up, if you have questions definitely let me know!

Also as someone noted earlier. If you get your actions in to me before the deadline (anytime before) and based on them I see that they aren't going to efect anyone else (go here, search twice, type of things) I will process tem and get your PM back to you earlier than the deadline. You are free to use any and all items/info you get in those PMs the same day.

Been very interesting to see how everyone does things so far =) I hope you're enjoying yourselves!

So for clarification... today I chose to do both actions at the same time and got my PM back early on.. can I tommorrow do one action, get the results back and then submit my other one possibly using any item from the first one if I choose?

Thomkal
11-05-2007, 09:08 PM
*sigh* Well I hope you had an in-game reason for killing me, or just did not know that I had not played Werewolf in a long time and had come back after being invited, or else I'm going to be pretty pissed that you couldn't let me survive one night. Geez.

I suppose this should go in the vent thread, but tough. :) Good luck to those who didn't kill me. Thanks Render for the game even if you did make me play a naughty little girl. ;)

RendeR
11-05-2007, 09:11 PM
So for clarification... today I chose to do both actions at the same time and got my PM back early on.. can I tommorrow do one action, get the results back and then submit my other one possibly using any item from the first one if I choose?

Actions that affect only yourselves will be responded to as soon as I can do so (moving, searching, scanning) Actions that directly impact others (attacks, defending, spying, etc) must wait until I have the actions of everyone involved so that I can properly process out the play by play. If I can do that prior to deadline then I will do so.

RendeR
11-05-2007, 09:13 PM
*sigh* Well I hope you had an in-game reason for killing me, or just did not know that I had not played Werewolf in a long time and had come back after being invited, or else I'm going to be pretty pissed that you couldn't let me survive one night. Geez.

I suppose this should go in the vent thread, but tough. :) Good luck to those who didn't kill me. Thanks Render for the game even if you did make me play a naughty little girl. ;)

Come back for the next game man! Sorry you died so early!

Chief Rum
11-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Okay, I still got some votes. Telle's was expected. Not sure I understand why I got a vote from jeheinz, and I know I don't a clue why ntndeacon voted for me, since he just hit and run without another word.

I'll give jeheinz the benefit of the doubt that he was actually giving me a compliment.

VOTE NTNDEACON

Hit and run votes are bad, very bad. Especially when I am good.

BTW, not sure why I shouldn't share this, but I found an item in the Dragon's tower last night. I have decided to use it on my favorite guinea pig tonight--myself! So, there's a decent chance I will be dead soon. Or imbued with amazing, incredible powers. Or maybe I'll just get drunk.

I will be around tonight for an hour or two before I go to bed, so if anyone is around, I am free to chat. That said, it's late everywhere, but the West Coast, so if I don't see anyone, I will likely be out again until past deadline tomorrow.

After tomorrow's busy job schedule, I should be around much more.

ntndeacon
11-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Yea it was pretty quick. I didn't really have a reason to vote for you except that when you are not for the villagers you tend to act like a villager. I doubt you will be my vote for today though.

Chief Rum
11-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Yea it was pretty quick. I didn't really have a reason to vote for you except that when you are not for the villagers you tend to act like a villager. I doubt you will be my vote for today though.

lol...but when I'm a villager, I act like I'm not a villager? :)

Mr. Wednesday
11-05-2007, 11:38 PM
I found something too. It looks pretty cool, but I'm not quite sure what to do with it. I think I'll wait to try using it.

Barkeep49
11-06-2007, 05:33 AM
Are we allowed to give away somethings we find? I ask because I have a something but it's somewhat worthless to me, I think.

Alan T
11-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Actions that affect only yourselves will be responded to as soon as I can do so (moving, searching, scanning) Actions that directly impact others (attacks, defending, spying, etc) must wait until I have the actions of everyone involved so that I can properly process out the play by play. If I can do that prior to deadline then I will do so.

What I am asking though is can you split your actions up. Can I send in one of my actions in the morning, get the results back and then use that item or whatever for my second action of the same day later that day?

oliegirl
11-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Just checking in and reporting that although I didn't find anything in Sherwood Forest last night, I did see the wolf and Thomkal, though he wasn't dead yet. However, I did catch a glimpse of his lace panties ;)

Barkeep49
11-06-2007, 07:46 AM
BTW I think last night was a perfect example of how we're all playing in the same universe but playing different games. I have a feeling that taking out Little Red was part of the wolf's victory condition (and doing the same to the 3 Little Pigs seems obvious). However, from the rules, the game seems less about the wolf and more about the Dragon. So I don't really like the wolf, since he can kill me and all, but it seems like finding the wolf is less important to me than finding the Dragon.

PurdueBrad
11-06-2007, 07:54 AM
I searched last night and found a potion of indeterminate powers. Anybody want it or should I risk using it?

I also followed Olliegirl last night but got distracted when a wolf ran by, leaving a trail of red cloth. I didn't get a good look at the wolf.

PurdueBrad
11-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Barkeep, I agree, this game seems to be all about variable win conditions. For mine, I have to find or collect two specific types of items and we have to beat the wolves but I'm guessing not everyone's win conditions are tied to the wolves because the dragon seems to be a prominant figure in the directions.

Telle
11-06-2007, 07:57 AM
I found a cloak in the Enchanted Castle.

Alan T
11-06-2007, 08:03 AM
Barkeep, I agree, this game seems to be all about variable win conditions. For mine, I have to find or collect two specific types of items and we have to beat the wolves but I'm guessing not everyone's win conditions are tied to the wolves because the dragon seems to be a prominant figure in the directions.

As I mentioned in my post from early yesterday, the victory conditions confuse me still. I am a good character from a story, and I have to find two other characters to befriend , and kill one evil character (not a wolf or dragon).. So I can gurantuee you that there is more than just the wolves and pigs element to this game.

As best I can tell, all of you other good fairy tale characters are not a part of my "story" and neither are the other evil characters in the game... ie: if the dragon or a wolf or someone killed me, it doesn't help them any at all.. likewise I have nothing to gain from killing a dragon or wolf...

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but as best I can tell, there is no good guy or bad guy team victory condition... I just have my mini team of good guys I am trying to find so I can communicate with them in an effort to kill our 1 evil guy that is against us...

Am I on the right track here?

Telle
11-06-2007, 08:07 AM
That's kind of what I'm thinking too Alan. I have my own victory condition situation kinda like yours.

ntndeacon
lol...but when I'm a villager, I act like I'm not a villager? :)

lol. you act pretty similar in both cases lol.

Alan T
Dola.. to add to my thoughts from my previous post.. I wouldn't be suprised if all of the evil characters can communicate to balance out the fact that some of the good guys can communicate after meeting various goals..

ie: One of the bad guys could have found out thomkal was little red riding hood and passed the info along to the Wolf or such.

I am a bit torn on saying who I am looking for.. it might make things easier for me to find them, but if I am right, the bad guy in my "Story line" has to hunt down us three, or at least one of us three to meet his victory condition.. so don't want to make things easy for him.

I thought I knew who one of mine was yesterday based on a clue that Hoopsguy gave, but my searching Hoops yesterday led me to find out that he is not one of the people I am looking for. So based on his comment similarly matching my experience, I am guessing that there are several groups out there of fairy tale characters with the same type of setup..

It also leads me to an interesting choice of who to vote for today.. I don't have any idea if Hoops is good or bad, but I know he clearly isn't one of the 2 good guys I am looking for. I might just vote for him since he doesn't seem to impact me any way good (and has a very tiny chance of being the bad guy I'm after...

One other thing I am unclear on though.. I guess I might have to PM this to Render.. but if my victory condition is to have one particular character dead, what happens if they are sent off via vote? Does that mean I fail unless they are brought back from the Bog and then killed? or does getting voted off count just the same as being killed for my victory condition?

PurdueBrad
11-06-2007, 08:08 AM
I think you are right Alan, except that in my victory conditions it did say that all the wolves need to be caught. I guess I read that as a team condition but I guess it could just be a me condition.

So maybe we are all kind of in our own story, as you put it. That makes sense for some of mine, but not all.

So then, other than for some people's victory conditions is lynching the wolves just a self-defense mechanism to keep from getting killed?

Barkeep49
11-06-2007, 08:11 AM
Alan: I was basically expressing the same thought and think you're pretty spot on. This idea of having numerous, qausi-independent factions, is one I am slightly uncomfortable with as I don't have a sense, or idea, about what that means for me in terms of voting, though I do have a sense of what that means for me in terms of night actions.

Telle
11-06-2007, 08:12 AM
And does anyone know HOW we bring someone back from the bog? Are there certain characters that have this ability, or is this something that anyone can somehow do? Maybe if we find the right item or something??

Alan T
11-06-2007, 08:12 AM
I think you are right Alan, except that in my victory conditions it did say that all the wolves need to be caught. I guess I read that as a team condition but I guess it could just be a me condition.

So maybe we are all kind of in our own story, as you put it. That makes sense for some of mine, but not all.

So then, other than for some people's victory conditions is lynching the wolves just a self-defense mechanism to keep from getting killed?

I have absolutely nothing that mentions the wolves at all. As far as I knew they weren't even in the game until last night. I am a bit indifferent to coming out and saying what or who i am looking for because like I said I would be afraid that the bad guy has the reverse condition to find you.. ie: if you need to find or kill all of the wolves, then very likely they may be looking for you and now know exactly where to look..

I might be wrong on that though, but thats my guess right now.

Alan T
11-06-2007, 08:13 AM
And does anyone know HOW we bring someone back from the bog? Are there certain characters that have this ability, or is this something that anyone can somehow do? Maybe if we find the right item or something??

I remember pre-game Render mentioned something about a person or people having the ability to learn more about people who are voted off, and Render has stated that they are not out of the game, but simply can't post or communicate or act while in the Bog. I assume based on that, there is some mechanism to allow for it, but I am unsure as of yet what that game mechanic is.

PurdueBrad
11-06-2007, 08:15 AM

I started the game with something that would help bring someone back according to the description.

jeheinz72
11-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Hrm, interesting. I still have no real idea what I'm doing.

RendeR, I know we all have our own winning conditions, but does the game then end when someone reaches theirs? Or when does the game end exactly? If answer needs to be in PM, then that's cool

Barkeep49
11-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Hrm, interesting. I still have no real idea what I'm doing.

RendeR, I know we all have our own winning conditions, but does the game then end when someone reaches theirs? Or when does the game end exactly? If answer needs to be in PM, then that's cool
I asked this question of him yesterday via PM and got back a useful PM (in terms of backstory for my character) but not one which answered the question.