PDA

View Full Version : an idea

Lathum
11-04-2007, 08:06 PM
what would everyone thing of someone running the same game back to back?

the exact same ruleset, roles, deadlines, etc... just reasigning roles to start the second game.

st.cronin
11-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Well, you probably wouldn't get the same # of players. I know in my games I make some tweaks to the rules based on the # of players. Otherwise I'm ok with it.

Chief Rum
11-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Also, it would have to be a game with no surprises (like Alan's early deadline) or surprises that won't have as big an impact. I think the player numbers would go down, too. Part of the reason for return play is that chance for something new each game, with new moderators. For instance, I enjoyed Alan's game tremendously, but not sure how I would feel of joining the exact same game again, especially so soon.

Lathum
11-04-2007, 08:35 PM
I wonder how it would go over if people had to sign up with the commitment to play both games?

PurdueBrad
11-05-2007, 08:00 AM
I think it is actually a good idea because there are a lot of different ways each game could go. For instance, I have a feeling that there were probably some twists in the Titans game that we didn't get to see.

Passacaglia
11-07-2007, 02:32 PM
I like the idea, too. A lot of times I think that in the first game, it takes everyone a while to figure out the rules. It seems like there's a lot of cool ideas out there, all with some replayability, and it would be fun to play them again when everyone knows what they're doing. I'm not sure if it has to be back-to-back -- just play it again with a group that is familiar with the rules.

Barkeep49
11-08-2007, 07:24 AM
I think it would be an intriguing experiment to do once. I would recommend keeping a lower player limit (like 15) so that when the inevitable problems come up with a player we still have a good base of players to step in.