PDA

View Full Version : Golden Wolves Suggestion Thread: Favorite Game (Games 1-19)

Barkeep49
02-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Suggestions and discussions about player's favorite games will go here.

For a list of all games and their threads check out the FOFC Wiki:
http://www.rwbl.net/fofcwiki/index.php?title=List_of_Werewolf_Games

saldana
02-21-2008, 04:51 PM
for this grouping, i didnt start playing until 13, and i know x-com is going to get a lot of votes, but Spawn (14) has always been one of my favorites....Round em up and Hang Em (15) also gets a nod from me, as it had one of my personal crowning wolf moments

Lathum
02-21-2008, 05:15 PM
The Italian Village.

I made one of my best plays there

st.cronin
02-21-2008, 06:03 PM
19 was actually my first game.

Passacaglia
02-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Just looked up my first game -- it was 14. Which is weird, I still think of myself as less of a veteran than most. Although, I think it was a while before I was playing nearly every game.

SnDvls
02-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Werewolf XIX - Of Demons and Elementals

long live the Yak!!!

Neon_Chaos
02-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Well, 'The Italian Village' was probably the best game I've run... and I'm sure dubb93 and Lathum got their crowning moments of eternal glory from that game.

:)

Barkeep49
02-22-2008, 06:45 AM
I was also going to suggest The Italian Village. The surprise 3rd faction was a fun twist.

st.cronin
02-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Correction, 16: Return of the Wolves, was my first game. Blasted Roman Numerals.

There are also 2 games XVI, there's also SnDvls time travel game, which I didn't play in and have only read the first page, but that's a game that needs to be re-run at some point.

Passacaglia
02-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Correction, 16: Return of the Wolves, was my first game. Blasted Roman Numerals.

There are also 2 games XVI, there's also SnDvls time travel game, which I didn't play in and have only read the first page, but that's a game that needs to be re-run at some point.

I don't think I played that one. I've been watching Back to the Future while I work out, and I keep thinking I want to make that into a WW game somehow, but it seems too complex for me. Which is fine -- I wanted to run Chess as my last game (the BCS game just seemed more timely), so putting it off again would bug me.

hoopsguy
02-22-2008, 07:20 PM
One game that I haven't seen mentioned - maybe because it took place before many of us were playing, is the River of Darkness. I'm pretty sure that was the first massive showdown between villager/wolf (BrianD/SirFozzie). It also had a no-reveals-on-death mechanic that still gave the villagers information that allowed them to have a fighting chance at piecing the story together.

X-Com and Spawn are two of my absolute favorite games that I played - I think they would probably be my top two in terms of overall writing, role balance, and creating an compelling villager/wolf battle thanks to both players and moderator putting time into making a great product.

SnDvls
02-22-2008, 09:23 PM
if anyone wants to re-run the time travel game and wants a co-gm I'd love to help...I can offer up what did and didn't work ect.

I think it would have been a lot better with more players too

path12
02-23-2008, 11:30 PM
19 was actually my first game.

Mine also.

Barkeep49
03-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Currently people have suggested:
X-Com (VII)
Spawn (XIV)
Round em up and Hang Em (15)
Italian Village (XIII)
Of Demons and Elementals (XIX)
Time Travler (XVI)

Schmidty
03-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Spawn

Thomkal
03-02-2008, 11:51 AM
I will nominate Werewolf VI: Den of Thieves mainly because it was a wild and crazy game with all the villagers (i.e) bandits having a one shot kill power. Really threw the typical werewolf playing for a loop. And Fouts (with Jeff helping him after the conversion) for his general play after I believe he was the last creature standing pretty early in the game.