PDA

View Full Version : Golden Wolves Suggestion Thread: Favorite Game Mechanic

Barkeep49
02-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Over the years GMs have all put their creative an unique twist on the basic rules.

Suggestions in this category may reflect mechanics found in one game or ones which have been used in multiple games.

Lathum
02-21-2008, 05:22 PM
I liked the Harry Potter game where each role had an apprentice

st.cronin
02-22-2008, 11:06 AM
The underground message board in Alan's Big City game. I can't even imagine how he ran that game ... he must be a million times more organized than I am.

DaddyTorgo
02-22-2008, 11:14 AM
The underground message board in Alan's Big City game. I can't even imagine how he ran that game ... he must be a million times more organized than I am.

+1

sorry you didn't live longer in that game pops.

hoopsguy
02-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Peregrine's Den of Thieves where all 25+ players got some kind of power, including generic villagers with a solo kill.

The Map, introduced with Treasure Hunt and later used in Alan T's Tombstone game.

The side mission BK had in Spawn 2 - loved adding a storytelling element that was optional for the players to choose.

Schmidty
02-22-2008, 11:54 PM
I think my mechanic of never dying in my "The Thing" game was definitely one of the most insane, confusing and frustrating.

Barkeep49
03-01-2008, 02:48 PM
We NEED some nominations here:

Each role having an apprentice
Underground Message Board
Having a map
All players having a power
Optional side mission
No deaths

ntndeacon
03-02-2008, 07:11 PM
this may be better suited in the small game area. But the idea of everyone resurrecting in I think SnDvls game had real promise.

saldana
03-02-2008, 07:20 PM
i thought my Sith Lord/Multiple apprentice mechanic was pretty good, except that hoops never killed Sack in order to become the Lord himself

Alan T
03-02-2008, 07:47 PM
i thought my Sith Lord/Multiple apprentice mechanic was pretty good, except that hoops never killed Sack in order to become the Lord himself

I agree.. I liked that mechanic even though I didn't play in that game. I even borrowed it for a small piece of a mechanic that I used in the Big City game I ran.

Its hard for me to narrow down to just one game mechanic I liked.. I've borrowed so many ideas from other people's games to incorporate in mine, I'm thinking my favorite game mechanic that I like and have "stolen" the most probably is the idea of "Vote power". I don't remember who first used it though.

Abe Sargent
03-04-2008, 06:44 PM
I loved the ending of the day early in the one game with the gods. Totally awesome!

Grammaticus
03-25-2008, 09:51 PM
I liked the duel mechanic. It was introduced in Tombstone. I liked it so much, I made it the lynch mechanic in my game adding skill levels and hit points.

I also enjoyed the modified variation, the fight mechanic, used in the Marvel Super Hero game.