PDA

View Full Version : Sad bump of old thread

Ben E Lou
03-13-2003, 03:56 PM
I mentioned this in another thread: FOFC is specifically mentioned on the CD in the credits. I also included a current QOTM in the credits.

The first person to correctly guess what FOFC QOTM is in the credits of "Things I Know For Sure" wins a free copy of the CD.

Post your guesses in this thead.

EDIT TO ADD THIS RULE: ONE Guess per person per day. ;)

I was picturing some smart $%@$%@! copying all the quotes into one post.....

Draft Dodger
03-13-2003, 04:03 PM
I vote for Kysrup's "black boy growing up into a white woman" quote.

or Stalling's package quote.

Doug5984
03-13-2003, 04:04 PM
"There are two types of FOFC posters: Those with girlfriends, and those with Kleenex's"
-Easy Mac

eh- just a guess...

Ben E Lou
03-13-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Draft Dodger
I vote for Kysrup's "black boy growing up into a white woman" quote.

or Stalling's package quote. Well, that's two DD, but you posted 'em right before I did the edit. At any rate, neither is correct.

NoMyths
03-13-2003, 04:06 PM
Hmm. Jason Tobias' "Why are you such an angry young man, when your future looks quite bright to me?

Draft Dodger
03-13-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by SkyDog
Well, that's two DD, but you posted 'em right before I did the edit. At any rate, neither is correct.

math was never my strong suit.
actually, it was, but that's a different story.

Vince
"DEAN HOUSTON SUCKS!"

:)

SplitPersonality1
"Are you playing that stupid game again where you just put in all the numbers and don't actually play?"

Ben E Lou
03-13-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by SplitPersonality1
"Are you playing that stupid game again where you just put in all the numbers and don't actually play?" DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING!!!!

We have a winnahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

THANKS TO:
Mike Akins, Jennifer Brown, Andrew Childers, Dave Dault, Ken Evans at IF Coffee House, Katie Gresham, Anderson Hughes at burningbulb.net, Colin Johnson, Seth “Craptacular” Johnson, Allen Levi, Ryan Long, Meredith Pate, Rann Russell, Chip Seidel, Bill Sheffield, Katie Whitehead <u>and to all the “boyz” at FOFC--"Are you playing that stupid game again where you just put in all the numbers and don't actually play?".</u> For all your love, and your support of this project, thanks to my family: Daddy (8/28/1921-1/31/1999), Mama, Gwen & Arthur, Lari, Poochie, and Micah, Tony & Theresa, Tony Jr. and Jeff, Rob & Melissa, Taylor and Patrick, Kenny (aka DJKL), and the new members of my family, Bose & Susan and Sam. I love you all.

Split, PM me with your name and address, and I'll send one to you as soon as they get here (late next week so I am told).

--Ben

mckerney
03-13-2003, 04:16 PM
Damn, too late

Vince
03-13-2003, 04:18 PM
Damn...that was choice #2 :)

Good job split.

SplitPersonality1
03-13-2003, 04:25 PM
Good thing I didn't go with my second choice :D

"I Have the Breasts of a Llama and the Nipples of a Billygoat"

Craptacular
03-13-2003, 04:54 PM
When I order my CDs, can I get an extra jewel case insert? ;)

NoMyths
03-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Boyz? What about SaintsFan?*

*although I like how "boyz" is in quotes, so she's probably actually inferred as well. But it's always good to mention her occasionally, as a kind of good luck omen.

Raven
03-14-2003, 12:01 AM
Just curious, what did Craptacular do to get his name on the CD?

mrskippy
03-14-2003, 12:26 AM
SkyDog,

You forgot to thank Jesus. Isn't that a requirement for a Christian CD? :D

Ben E Lou
03-14-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by mrskippy
SkyDog,

You forgot to thank Jesus. Isn't that a requirement for a Christian CD? :D You should know by now that I don't use the word "Christian" to describe myself. ;) At any rate, that wasn't the entirety of the credits. Here are the rest:SPECIAL THANKS TO:
The Healer, especially for opening the eyes of many wounded hearts, including my own.

All my Young Life and WyldLife friends at Henderson Middle School, Lakeside High School and Tucker High School, for encouraging me to make this project happen. I Thessalonians 2:8.

The entire June ’95 Frontier Ranch Assigned Staff, Work Crew and Summer Staff, especially Mitch Dane. As you can see from the cover, that guitar has seen plenty of use in the last eight years. I can’t thank all of you enough!

Ed, Kerry & Christina at Anchor Productions. Ed, you are the man! "I don't know where you think you're from, but we don't do that around here.” I want to give you a big shout out for your amazing work (especially on that penultimate chorus).

Sarah Richards-Glad that you now know that He's more than a dream! You'll never know how much I've learned from you over time. Thank you so much for everything you’ve brought to this project. You’re an incredible blessing to me. Philippians 1:3.

Extra-special thanks to my wonderful wife Jennifer. Thank you for the way you love me, honor me and continually push beneath the smile with me (and put up with all my idiosyncrasies!) Thank you for answering the cry of my heart. You are the most amazing gift God has ever given me, apart from the gift of a relationship with Him. I love you SO much!

--Ben

Ben E Lou
03-14-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Raven
Just curious, what did Craptacular do to get his name on the CD? He told me a quick and easy way to create sound clips. That has been **HUGE**, because I'm not going to tour and therefore need something to get the word out. I have many friends who frequent music message boards. They've pointed people to the sound clips, and the response has been phenomenal. Before I even announced that pre-ordering functionality had been added to the site, I had pre-orders from people I had never heard of before. All I can figure is that they wandered onto the site looking for sound clips as a result of a tip on some message board, liked what they heard, clicked on ordering, and made a purchase.

Ben E Lou
02-14-2011, 08:43 AM
DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING!!!!

We have a winnahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
THANKS TO:
Mike Akins, Jennifer Brown, Andrew Childers, Dave Dault, Ken Evans at IF Coffee House, Katie Gresham, Anderson Hughes at burningbulb.net, Colin Johnson, Seth “Craptacular” Johnson, Allen Levi, Ryan Long, Meredith Pate, Rann Russell, Chip Seidel, Bill Sheffield, Katie Whitehead and to all the “boyz” at FOFC--"Are you playing that stupid game again where you just put in all the numbers and don't actually play?". For all your love, and your support of this project, thanks to my family: Daddy (8/28/1921-1/31/1999), Mama, Gwen & Arthur, Lari, Poochie, and Micah, Tony & Theresa, Tony Jr. and Jeff, Rob & Melissa, Taylor and Patrick, Kenny (aka DJKL), and the new members of my family,

Split, PM me with your name and address, and I'll send one to you as soon as they get here (late next week so I am told).

--Ben

Very sad news over the weekend.

My beautiful daughter Jennifer Brown, died unexpectedly on Saturday from what appears to be complications from an infection that caused her heart to stop. In her 25 young years; she brought so much happiness to us and so much joy and smiles to her friends and everyone she met. We miss her deeply and our hearts are heavy. Please pray for our family.

Jennifer, a high school student at the time, took many of the pictures that were on my web site and in the CD.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/179885_1659614686585_1123680038_31566591_26702_n.jpg

She's the one in the Yankees cap and YL hoodie. Unfathomably, it seems, Jen was in that same relatively small group of friends that lost Bill Venable and Hannah Dodd in 2003-'04. Yes, we had a strong Young Life presence at Tucker in those days, but we didn't have *that* many kids or so many "high-risk" ones that you'd expect three to be dead before 26.

DaddyTorgo
02-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Geez - sorry to hear that Ben. Really makes you like...cherish everyday.

MJ4H
02-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Sorry to hear this Ben. Life can be so joyful one moment and so painful the next.

JonInMiddleGA
02-14-2011, 09:34 AM
How awful. Just, man. Not even sure what to say, but I'll put up a prayer for those touched by this.

MizzouRah
02-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Very sad to hear Ben.. goodness.. :(

Honolulu_Blue
02-14-2011, 02:53 PM
That really sucks. Far, far too young.

terpkristin
02-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Way too young. Sounds like that group in general has had way too much to go with, unfair how that works out. :(

/tk

Kodos
02-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Not much to add but: :(

Ben E Lou
02-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Cause of death: pulmonary embolism. Undetected blood clot in leg broke free and killed her.

Vince, Pt. II
02-16-2011, 12:42 PM
So sorry to hear that Ben :(

CleBrownsfan
02-16-2011, 01:07 PM
My thoughts are with you and her family Ben :(

Dutch
02-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear this Ben, very sad news.