PDA

View Full Version : workout/video games

ddrrbb
05-20-2008, 11:36 AM
With WiiFit coming out (or it's out, I'm not sure), I was wondering if anyone else played video games while they worked out. I've been doing it for years. I play sports games (currently soccer, but I change every couple months) while I ride my Schwinn Aerodyne (had it forever and still working great). The time passes very fast and it is addicting because I usually play in a dynasty-type mode for whatever sport I'm playing. I come home from work everyday and can't wait to play a game or 2 (I set the quarter/half length to take 45min. to an hour for 1-2 games). I mix in some running and real biking without gaming to mix it up occasionally, but this is the bulk of my working out.

I highly recommend it to anyone that is having trouble keeping up with a workout routine, since I have kept it up for at least 5 years (still happily playing PS2) and I don't particularly enjoy working out. I do easily get addicted to games and this is the perfect complement to my addiction since it keeps me in shape and healthy.

gstelmack
05-20-2008, 11:53 AM
I've never been coordinated enough to play while working out, but I am looking forward to having the play integrated into the game. One of the best workouts I've had in a while was the time I decided to try a 9-inning game of MLB Power Pros using the WiiMote controls; I was huffing and puffing and sweating by the end of that one.

Cringer
05-20-2008, 11:59 AM
The added weight from my TV while jogging, plus the pain of trying to play, jog, and rolling the extension cord up on the way back to the house was just too much to bother with more then those first 10 times I tried it. So I am pretty much done with playing while working out.,

Icy
05-20-2008, 12:05 PM
I ride the static bike a lot of times while playing PS3 games, MLB the show, NBA2k, College hoops, FIFA, etc.

In some games it's a bit harder too coordinate cycling with playing, but i'm used to it and like you, i like that time passes so fast and you forget your are working out.

Yesterday i played a few games of FIFA Euro cup while cycling for 1.5 hours, and no way i would ride the bike as much time while looking at the room wall.