PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou & ND, You owe a big thanks to the Hoops Gods..

MylesKnight
03-21-2003, 10:05 AM
..Unbelievable.

First Mizzou gets the benefit of a terrible call with about 5 seconds left.. No way was that a Block, that was as close to a textbook Charge as you'll see.. hits a Free Throw and survives over Southern Illinois...

..and then.. Wisconsin-Milwaukee's big man misses not one, but two, two chippy layups in the game's final minute, including one with 2 Seconds Left (DUNK THE BALL MAN!! DAMN!!) and Notre Dame escapes... Damn Irish, your luck is supposed to only be good on the Gridiron..

Also, how about Duke, Kansas, Illinois, Stanford & Marquette just squeaking by? Oh what could have been a MONUMENTAL day of upsets.. Almost...

And what about Tulsa? That was the what I would call the smallest upset of #4 Seed by a #13 in Tourney History.

Now, onto today.. GO IUPUI!!! Shock the World Baby!!!

Ksyrup
03-21-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by MylesKnight
And what about Tulsa? That was the what I would call the smallest upset of #4 Seed by a #13 in Tourney History.

No kidding. I didn't even hesitate in making that pick.

MylesKnight
03-21-2003, 10:16 AM
Oh, and let me not forget...

GO TROY STATE!!! ATLANTIC SUN BABY!!

Xavier is in for a Barnburner, my friends.. TSU can play.

scooper
03-21-2003, 10:25 AM
So can the Muskies, Myles, so can the Muskies.

On a related note, it's interesting how loyal people are to conferences. I understand it, but I don't play along. I'm a Xavier fan. I wouldn't mind St. Joe's making run, but I despise Dayton. I was quite happy to watch that loss last night. A-10 be damned.

MylesKnight
03-21-2003, 10:33 AM
Scoop, I see what you're saying..

I guess when you're talking about a league that gets only 1 Bid though, it's a bit of a different story.

TSU was the best team in the ASun this year, bar none, and has had a fantastic season. It's good to see the ASun have a team in there that has a shot to win, not just a token rep that made a Cinderella Run through the Conference Tourney like UNC-Asheville or Texas Southern.

Troy, although not as good as the Georgia State team that beat Wisconsin in the 1st Round of the NCAA a couple of seasons ago, is one of the better ASun/TAAC (Conference used to be known as the TAAC) Tourney Reps we've had.

It should be an interesting game..

the_meanstrosity
03-21-2003, 10:38 AM
There's been some great basketball being played in the first round and I'm looking forward to more of the same tonight. Is there anything better than the NCAA basketball tourney?

Cmon college football! Get with the program!

scooper
03-21-2003, 10:38 AM
Definately a clash in styles. Xavier plays a slow tempo half-court game in contrast to TSU's run-n-gun style. Unlike many half-court dominated teams, however, Xavier is very athletic and can keep up with quicker teams. It's just a matter of style. When you have one of the best inside players in the nation, you tend to use a little more patience in trying to get the ball to him.

I'm looking forward to tonight. I'm glad Xavier drew a team that will be fun to watch.

Overall, the number of first day upsets was down this year, even though almost all of them were close. I'd hate for Xavier to be the one to fall.

MylesKnight
03-21-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by the_meanstrosity

Cmon college football! Get with the program!

Now there's a quote I 100% agree with if I've ever seen one.

Playoffs!! Playoffs!! Playoffs!!

MylesKnight
03-21-2003, 10:55 AM
DOLA!!

By the way, does Dayton even need a Nickname? Couldn't we just call them "Daytons"?

http://www.bumpstop.com/lowrider/image2.jpg :D

MizzouRah
03-22-2003, 06:05 PM
Well, it came back to haunt Mizzou today. Paulding was fouled on the last play in regulation vs Marquette... but NO CALL! Hmmmm.. the ball never made it to the rim from a guy who's made shots like those all day.

I'm not pissed though, Marquette played on hell of a game. They beat us in ot. Damn Clemons and his NBA 3-pointers. Next year, Clemons will be riding the bench while Jason Conley runs the offense.

Gotta love Paulding and AJ though, my hats off to them! 33 points? Are you kidding me?

Todd