PDA

View Full Version : XP Pro SP 2 Issues, can you help?

hoosierdude
01-06-2009, 02:59 AM
Son has XP PRO SP 2. Somehow got a nasty trojan/virus/worm that obliterated his version of Windows. After trying to save him a lot of problems, he decided he wanted to wipe his HD and start over. He has a legit copy of Windows XP Pro, but, he forgot to locate his CD before he did it. Now, of course, you got it, he can't find it.

So it has been 10 days and he still can't find it, and is desperate to get back online with a clean OS.

He needs a way to download XP Pro (he prefers SP 2) without jumping hoops via torrents, etc.. is very leery right now of torrents and previous sites he might have visited in the past because of this, and he has a legitimate license, and is behind the 8 ball so to speak.

What should he do? I have spent a lot of hours trying to help him out, and we are not having a lot of success. My version is Home, and won't help him any as mine is a Dell PC, and his is home built by himself.

Any ideas would be welcome at this point, and very helpful. :) SO sorry to bother everyone, but, I am really needing my PC back for work etc. Thanks for listening.

Deattribution
01-06-2009, 03:45 AM
He should be able to order a XP replacement cd through Microsoft, unless he's using an OEM version of the product, then they might not be too helpful.

sachmo71
01-06-2009, 09:10 AM
There's always XP Black.